PDA

View Full Version : How to wheelie: The Basics (instruction vid)

Deviant Esq
27th November 2006, 23:25
Disclaimer: This instructional video is intended to help prevent accidents by those attempting to wheelie without experience. It is also intended that anyone wanting to practice this or just do it for a bit of fun should not attempt this on a public road, as it considered to be dangerous use of a motor vehicle.

Right! Now that's out of the way... I've spoken to a few riders who, in a more unguarded moment, have admitted that they're not entirely sure how to wheelie properly. Most have done it by accident (and scared themselves shitless in some cases), but aren't sure how to do it right. Hopefully this little instruction video will help prevent an accident. As I said above, don't do this on a public road! :innocent:

Goooogle vid: Click here... (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6656191590638402466&q=Wheelie)

If you'd like to know how to save Google videos, or YouTube or whatever site it's on for that matter, drop me a pm and I'll let you know! :shifty:

Hope this helps.

wybmadiity
28th November 2006, 11:17
Do you think I will be able to do this on the GSX250? :shutup: :rofl:

GR81
28th November 2006, 11:30
great video if everyone has a bike that can pull the front up so easily by just 'rolling on the throttle' haha

hXc
28th November 2006, 11:35
Do you think I will be able to do this on the GSX250? :shutup: :rofl:Plenty of throttle, plenty of clutch. You'll be sweet mate.

slinky
28th November 2006, 11:36
dnt hav sound at work... will hav to watch lata.
im sure my bike wud hav enough power for this

wybmadiity
28th November 2006, 11:37
Plenty of throttle, plenty of clutch. You'll be sweet mate.

Was thinking more of the Tui ads .... Yeah Right!

hXc
28th November 2006, 11:40
Was thinking more of the Tui ads .... Yeah Right!Honestly, plenty of throttle, plenty of clutch, low speed, drop the clutch. It'll come up, trust me. I do it on the Spada occasionally.

Deviant Esq
28th November 2006, 17:16
Never even done an accidental wheelie myself. The little Suzuki doesn't have the power to do a roll on, and I've never managed a clutch wheelie primarily because the clutch is getting a bit shagged and slips too much when I dump it :( Anyone in Chch want to lend me their bike for... err, educational purposes? :dodge:

I found the vid quite informative, so I've saved it. As it says, as long as you take it slowly and don't try to progress too far too fast, it's not a terribly difficult thing to do, or at least, they make it sound like a piece of cake!

texmo
28th November 2006, 18:54
You can either wheelie or you cant I dont think a video is really gonna help too much.

The Pastor
28th November 2006, 19:36
not all bikes can roll on wheelie lol. My gpz sure cant >_<

Deviant Esq
29th November 2006, 10:30
You can either wheelie or you cant I dont think a video is really gonna help too much.

Watch the video and decide for yourself whether it's going to help or not ;) It's very straight forward, talks you through it and demonstrates. Might not help everyone, but I reckon some people are going to get something out of it, myself included probably.

texmo
29th November 2006, 11:19
Watched it, dont think it would help me. It might help develop your skills but some people just cant pull wheelies.
I had my 600 for a week before I went to an open day at puke where I pulled a wheelie from castrol to the kink, some people have it... others just dont.

pervert
29th November 2006, 11:33
Honestly, plenty of throttle, plenty of clutch, low speed, drop the clutch. It'll come up, trust me. I do it on the Spada occasionally.

100% correct, you can clutch just about anything into a wheelie, even learner bikes...lack of power is no hinderance.

Having the ability to keep it at balance point is another story though...

carver
29th November 2006, 13:53
not all bikes can roll on wheelie lol. My gpz sure cant >_<

my honda 125 sure can.

Deviant Esq
29th November 2006, 14:40
Cool little bikes those NXRs :yes:

Trail bikes good to practice wheelies with too! :done:

Chaosmage
29th November 2006, 15:56
yer I would like to practise on a trail bike at some point and get the balance point sussed. just need to find someone with a trail bike and some time :)

ArcherWC
29th November 2006, 16:34
great video if everyone has a bike that can pull the front up so easily by just 'rolling on the throttle' haha

Get a real bike then, lol

GR81
29th November 2006, 18:14
Get a real bike then, lol

i think "get a real job so i can get a real bike comes first" :(

GIXser
29th November 2006, 21:54
hmmm another wheelie thread-- guys plenty of info on do's and dont's of wheelie's in previous threads" textmo is onto it,, its more balls then skill to start off with, then skill comes into it, if ya want any real advice bug people like "death inc" just dont tell em i send ya---

good luck and sunny side up