PDA

View Full Version : Ladies of Wellington/Wairarapa/Manawatu/Kapiti and all points in between

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Trudes
28th November 2006, 10:49
Hi gals!!
Ok, so there's been murmurs of us gals getting together for a "chic ride", so lets get the ball rolling properly and not just talk about it (like the guys would do).:dodge:

So some suggestions of a date would be the first task, followed by a meeting place and we could discuss a route then and there possibly, unless anyone has a grand idea of something to do or a route that would suit all abilities??:scooter:

My suggestion would be the 10th of Dec, Welly and Kapiti ladies meet 10am at Rimutex, over the hill to meet up with the Wairarapa and Manawatu representatives in Featherston at 11amish, go for a ridypoos then some lunch and gossip somewhere then more riding. We could have a back-up day in-case the weather is poop as well.:sunny:

So Ladies, hands up who's keen and suggestions/preferred day etc.:rockon:

Cheers.

Lissa
28th November 2006, 10:59
The 10th is fine with me at this stage.. depending weather of course.
Back up day.. maybe the next weekend (I havent got anything planned for any of the weekends of Dec)
Never been as far as Featherston (yet) so not sure what route to take, will leave it up to you girls who know your way around. As long as its a fine day, and I can ride at my own pace it will be all good. (will check with my mentor though ;) )

Should be fun!!

judecatmad
28th November 2006, 11:01
I'd be up for that :) The 10th is good with me. it's the only weekend I can do in fact as we are off home for Xmas not long afterwards.

I've only ridden over the takas twice so I'll be the slowpoke at the back...

Str8 Jacket
28th November 2006, 11:28
Well I would be keen but at the moment my "new" bike has a fooked chain and no fuel tap so I havent been able to take her far at all :( Im doubting that I can afford to have her fixed by Xmas but we'll see....

magicfairy
28th November 2006, 11:46
I'd be keen but may be doing the Coast to Coast on the 9th and camping overnight, so the 10th would probably be out. But if the weather looks dodgy that weekend, probably pass on Coast to Coast and just head out Sunday
10th

Marie

Fatjim
28th November 2006, 12:03
"Ladies of Wellington/Wairarapa/Manawatu/Kapiti and all points in between"

You mean there's at least 2 of them in there somewhere?

Trudes
28th November 2006, 12:23
Well you never know Jim, I might not mention somewhere and a lady may think she isn't invited!!! Just wanna cover all bases so as not to upset anyone and get throttled with a pink handbag or something. ( Or are you referring to all points inbetween ladies and all the others, in which case, cross dressers are welcome):yes:

Trudes
28th November 2006, 12:25
So the 10th is sounding promising so far, and it's a cruisey type of ride, so nobody should feel left behind or imcompetent, more just for the gals to meet up and compare foot wear, trousers etc instead of chicken strips and dick size.:shutup:

cowpoos
28th November 2006, 12:51
go for a ridypoos

hmmmmmm...............................

Trudes
28th November 2006, 13:10
I did wonder after posting that how long it would take you to arrive!:innocent:
You are welcome to come and give us piggyback rides!

judecatmad
28th November 2006, 14:10
"Ladies of Wellington/Wairarapa/Manawatu/Kapiti and all points in between"

You mean there's at least 2 of them in there somewhere?

Watch it!

Not often I get the chance to pass myself off as a lady so every opportunity is welcomed gratefully! LOL

Anyway, what you doing in a ladies' thread, eh? eh? :D :D

elle-f
28th November 2006, 14:24
I'm in and dont worry - i havent had the time to take my bike over the takas and am BUSTING to and when i DO have the time the weather is crap!! keep us informed and i am happy to meet you in Featherston. Dont worry Lissa we can do that trip together. If you can make it as far as Carterton the ride to Featherston is a breeze.

What about head out to Lake Ferry and then back around to the Gladstone pub? thats a nice ride out there and not too long.

I am no speedster either

Cant WAIT either! Should be fun!

u4ea
28th November 2006, 14:27
sounds like a plan..bike is going in this week for a oil change and a new pirrelli .not sure if im getting the tank work done at this stage so will say yes for the 10th depending.have had a long recovery after 3 ops this year so i might not do the whole ride but am keen to meet up somewhere!!!!!:scooter: :scooter: (and weather depending)

Trudes
28th November 2006, 14:31
That sounds good Elle.
Ok, well I'm going to start sending out PMs to all the gals around here that I know who may be keen, so if everyone else does the same, we should get a good turn out.
So plan so far is: 10th Dec, 10am Rimutex to Featherston meet about 11ish then off to find some grub and a piggyback ride from Mr Poos, all ladies welcome.
If I forget to send you a PM, please feel free to come along too!!:sunny:

Trudes
28th November 2006, 14:34
Cool U4ea!
Can't wait to meet some of the newer members and have another ride with the girls, was a great day out last time, so hopefully the weather comes to the party this time too.

magicfairy
28th November 2006, 15:31
Sounds fun. I might pass on the Coast to Coast. Sometimes those big organised rides turn into a testosterone fuelled "who can go fastest" sprint. Not my idea of a good time.

Trudes
28th November 2006, 15:36
Awesome Magicfairy, that's the spirit!!! It would be great to catch up again too!!
I'm just trying to think of some of our female members locally, and it's impossible to do it by the members list, there are just so many names!!!!

elle-f
28th November 2006, 16:01
I live in Carterton so if you want to start here and have a coffee thats ok.

Trudes
28th November 2006, 16:09
Oh Coffees at Elle's and Lissa can bring some of her famous on KB muffins!

Lissa
28th November 2006, 16:15
Damn you bet me to it... was going to suggest I bring some muffins ;) I am so looking forward to this... weather better be good! :)

Colapop
28th November 2006, 16:39
Holy shit!!:gob: For the first time in the history of KB the female responders out-number the male in a "Biker Angels" thread. Now that's impressive.

skelstar
28th November 2006, 17:37
Flick a PM to flame, Velox and Dreamer.

Fatjim
28th November 2006, 17:42
Holy shit!!:gob: For the first time in the history of KB the female responders out-number the male in a "Biker Angels" thread. Now that's impressive.
Didn't think it would take too long for you to turn up

Alice
28th November 2006, 18:26
I don't think I will be able to make it unfortunatley.I will have to put off eating Lisasa muffins till a later date.
Still waiting on the bike, story of the last 6 weeks, and 4 weeks before that waiting on a second hand bike to look at.I should be mobile that weekend but will need some rides to get some confidence before I go rideing with others.
I will watch with interest to see how the ride goes and expect to hear the story afterwards.Will be in contact if things change and I can make it.
Have fun.

Trudes
28th November 2006, 18:54
Bummer Alice.
Hey maybe one of the ladies in your area may like to come and may give you a lift on the back of their mount? No harm in trying aye!!

elle-f
28th November 2006, 19:43
*getting decent coffee in* :yes:

apteryx_haasti
28th November 2006, 20:11
Thanks for the PM Mrs KD - I am go for the 10th at Rimutex - provided the weather isn't "poop".

A spiffing plan - well done chicks!

bert_is_evil
28th November 2006, 21:12
Where is Rimutex? :o

bert_is_evil
28th November 2006, 21:21
Got it, Rimutaka Caltex - where is that? I'm guessing somewhere in the vacinity of the Rimutaka's but..

Beemer
28th November 2006, 22:09
Unfortunately that's the same day as the Wellington BMWOR Christmas function and we were planning on going so I'd have to pass on the 10th. Also, I've not been on the bike much since undergoing jaw surgery in June so a ride from Levin down to Wellington, over the Rimutakas, a ride around the Wairarapa and then the same trip back again would probably be more than I'd be keen on in one day at this stage.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for fine weather (the BMWOR do is in the Wairarapa too!) and hope you all enjoy a good day's riding.

Trudes
29th November 2006, 06:08
Rimutex is the last servo before heading up the Rimutakas, on the left, it's a Caltex. Just before the turn off to Akatarawa valley, right next to the Tavern, you can't miss it Bert, always a ton of bikers milling about hawking up their saggy leathers.:done:

bert_is_evil
29th November 2006, 10:09
Cool, I'll be there as long as the weather is reasonable:sunny:

Trudes
29th November 2006, 10:26
Anyone from the city side/J'ville area etc, we could always arrange to meet up somewhere before heading out if people are unsure of how to get to Rimutex.

Alice
29th November 2006, 14:37
Bummer Alice.
Hey maybe one of the ladies in your area may like to come and may give you a lift on the back of their mount? No harm in trying aye!!

I don't know any other ladies in my area that ride, - yet, should manage to meet some of them when I get riding.

Weather for Sun Wgtn - mainly fine, light drizzle, northerly developing.
For Masterton - mainly fine, northwest wind.
May the weather gods smile upon you.

Trudes
29th November 2006, 18:23
Woahh, that's a very long range forecast!!
Hopefully the weather gods will find something to smile about by the 10th.

Lissa
29th November 2006, 19:39
They better be smiling down on us... maybe a sun dance will be in order. :sunny: I am getting pretty 'peeved' with this wind too.

Velox
29th November 2006, 20:32
Hi gals! I'll prob head over and meet you at lunch cause I wanna go to church first. And I'm going on the Coast to Coast on Sat so I'm not too fussed to just do a short ride. MrsKD if you could flick me a text to say where you fellas are for lunch I'll come meet ya?

I'll ask Flame and RossiGirl tomorrow if they're keen too.
Yay!:Punk:

Btw - it'll be good to meet you Lissa!

Ronin
30th November 2006, 06:44
They better be smiling down on us... maybe a sun dance will be in order. :sunny: I am getting pretty 'peeved' with this wind too.

I do em to order you know :done:

Trudes
30th November 2006, 06:57
No probs Weaz.

Alice
30th November 2006, 09:21
Actually, I am full of shit and have know idea what the weather will be on the 10th.

Its bound to be good, between Velox doing a sun dance, does that mean dancing naked around a campfire........
and Ronin heading to church first to pray for the sun its bound to be one of those beautiful Waiarapa days, you know the one, cloudless blue skys, cicadas chirping, still as, like it is when you get the calm before the storm... storm, did anyone mention storm......
well there will not be one of those on the 10th.

Trudes
30th November 2006, 09:33
Here's hoping Alice. You could always cruise along for a Sunday drive in the car and check out what the girls are riding/wearing etc, gives good ideas for future purchases!

Lissa
30th November 2006, 10:43
Will be good to meet you too velox!

I do em to order you know :done:

You didnt do one today did you? :nono:
Will book one in for the 10th then! :D

mooks
30th November 2006, 15:17
Thanks for the invite. I have my 4 year old nephew with me that weekend, so doubt if I'll be able to make it.
In for the next one though ....
take it easy and ride safe
S

Trudes
30th November 2006, 17:06
Ahhh, stink Mooks, I was looking forward to having another Hornet Chick to buzz with! Nevertomind, definately next time hey!

Ronin
30th November 2006, 19:00
Ronin heading to church first to pray for the sun its bound to be one of those beautiful Wairarapa days

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Sounds like a TUI ad :yes:

Ronin
30th November 2006, 19:02
Will be good to meet you too velox!

You didnt do one today did you? :nono:
Will book one in for the 10th then! :D

You know, as I was skidding around the carpark in the pissing down rain on the forklift, I thought to myself, "I shoulda done it today:

Kendog
1st December 2006, 05:57
I was thinking about going up the Takas and taking some pictures as you young ladies go by.

Take a look here (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=39243) at some examples of the results.

If anyone is not keen on having their photo taken on their bike going up the hill let me know.

Trudes
1st December 2006, 06:08
The above is not meant to be as pervy as it sounds either gals!! And don't worry, he's not coming with us, he's going to sit on a blind corner, wait for us to come around it and then jump out and yell "BOO" and take a picture as we bin it!

ceebie13
1st December 2006, 07:47
I'm sure Mrs Ceebie would be up for it...trouble is I'm her chauffeur so I'll have to come too :woohoo:

Trudes
1st December 2006, 10:18
I'll have to come too :woohoo:

I wondered how long it would take before some of the guys started trying to get an invite! Tell you what, how about we ladies have a vote and decide if you can come in drag as a "lady" :shit: or you could shout us all lunch?

Lissa
1st December 2006, 10:22
Well it doesnt bother me if the guys want to come along ...I say they come in drag and Shout Us Lunch!!! :D

ceebie13
1st December 2006, 11:23
I wondered how long it would take before some of the guys started trying to get an invite! Tell you what, how about we ladies have a vote and decide if you can come in drag as a "lady" :shit: or you could shout us all lunch?

Me? in drag? er...not a pretty sight. I know where I could get hold of a kilt though.

Ronin
1st December 2006, 12:06
Me? in drag? er...not a pretty sight. I know where I could get hold of a kilt though.

Kilt on a bike? :gob:

bert_is_evil
1st December 2006, 12:08
I'm happy for the guys to come as long as they wear lipstick. If your mates see you just tell them you had a raspberry popsicle.

ceebie13
1st December 2006, 12:13
Kilt on a bike? :gob:

For sure mate, keeps ya willy cool!

Lissa
1st December 2006, 12:20
For sure mate, keeps ya willy cool!

hmmm I think maybe kilts should be banned. :yes:

ceebie13
1st December 2006, 12:25
hmmm I think maybe kilts should be banned. :yes:

You're probably right Lissa. Besides I think we are beginning to skirt around the main topic of this thread now.

Lissa
1st December 2006, 12:26
You're probably right Lissa. Besides I think we are beginning to skirt around the main topic of this thread now.

Yep the fact that you are buying us lunch is the main topic now I think ;)

ceebie13
1st December 2006, 12:36
Yep the fact that you are buying us lunch is the main topic now I think ;)

Dear Mr Goldstein,
I wonder if I could request a short term overdraft facility until next pay day?
Seems I've got myself into a spot of bother...

Lissa
1st December 2006, 14:45
Dear Mr Goldstein,
I wonder if I could request a short term overdraft facility until next pay day?
Seems I've got myself into a spot of bother...

hehe .. Well as long as you wear bright pink lippy might let you off paying for lunch.. ;)

ceebie13
1st December 2006, 15:02
hehe .. Well as long as you wear bright pink lippy might let you off paying for lunch.. ;)

Does it matter where I wear it?

skelstar
1st December 2006, 15:03
I think that in the Wairarapa would be a good start.

ceebie13
1st December 2006, 15:12
I think that in the Wairarapa would be a good start.

D'you know, I thought after I had posed the question that it was begging that reply. Spooky.

Lissa
1st December 2006, 15:21
You cant keep out of the chick thread can you... we will make you an honorary chick for the day... lipstick optional, but if you have man boobs you could always wear a bra. :innocent:

ceebie13
1st December 2006, 16:08
You cant keep out of the chick thread can you...

Message received. (Shuts door on way out...):cold:

Lissa
1st December 2006, 16:47

Oh crap... didnt mean it like that! :bye:

Ronin
1st December 2006, 16:47

Shouldn't that be "putting the toilet seat down"? :yes:

Trudes
1st December 2006, 17:15
Ok, as much as this is amusing (and it is, see you guys don't wanna come, you'll just be given crap all day!), on a serious note (well kind of), could you ladies who are really keen pop your name on the attending list in the calendar events here (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2006-12-10&e=1041&c=1)so that I know who to flick PMs in case of changes of plans etc. Cheers gals!
Oh and if anyone from around Welly area wants to meet up to ride out to Rimutex together, a few of us will be meeting and leaving from the BP in Newlands at 9:15ish.:sunny:

Lissa
1st December 2006, 17:23
Thanks Mrs KD, sorry didnt know that calendar thing existed.

Uncle B
1st December 2006, 19:04
Don't worry about them Bro...we don't need them to ride our bikes...lippy and all.

Lissa
1st December 2006, 19:27
Don't worry about them Bro...we don't need them to ride our bikes...lippy and all.
:bleh: I told you, you could come as Aunty B!

Uncle B
1st December 2006, 19:32
:bleh: I told you, you could come as Aunty B!
And I told you I've got bloke stuff to do :bleh:

nudemetalz
1st December 2006, 19:35
Mrs Nudie is really looking forward to the ride.
Now I've been given the job of giving her VTR-250 a good groom before it !!!! :argh:

Lissa
1st December 2006, 19:38
And I told you I've got bloke stuff to do :bleh:
:ride: But you would enjoy our 'girly' stuff for sure! Muffins!

Trudes
1st December 2006, 19:41
Mrs Nudie is really looking forward to the ride.
Now I've been given the job of giving her VTR-250 a good groom before it !!!! :argh:

Awesome!
Oh and I'll bring my bike around for its clean at about 10 tomorrow, ok, tis a bit dirty after all the roadworks on the way home from Dorkland. (Bikini optional).:innocent: Thanks.

Uncle B
1st December 2006, 19:43
:ride: But you would enjoy our 'girly' stuff for sure! Muffins!
Leave my feminine side out of this.

Tell me, exactly what 'girly' bit would I be enjoying?

Ronin
1st December 2006, 19:46

Starts paying attention now

Lissa
1st December 2006, 19:50

ummmmm guess you wont find out now you are doing your 'blokey thing' . Never mind you couldnt keep up with 'us' anyway. :Punk:

nudemetalz
1st December 2006, 19:56
Awesome!
Oh and I'll bring my bike around for its clean at about 10 tomorrow, ok, tis a bit dirty after all the roadworks on the way home from Dorkland. (Bikini optional).:innocent: Thanks.

eerrrr.........pass !!
Don't I do enough "roadworks" for ya already... ;)

Ronin
1st December 2006, 19:58
ummmmm guess you wont find out now you are doing your 'blokey thing' . Never mind you couldnt keep up with 'us' anyway. :Punk:

Ohhhhh Pwnd

Uncle B
1st December 2006, 20:02
you couldnt keep up with 'us' anyway. :Punk:
Whatever! I've seen the way you ride :shutup:

Errr I mean, yes I wouldn't keep up cause you've got go faster flames on the Ginny

How could I match that :slap:

Lissa
1st December 2006, 20:06
Whatever! I've seen the way you ride :shutup:

Errr I mean, yes I wouldn't keep up cause you've got go faster flames on the Ginny

How could I match that :slap:

Hey YOU!! You taught me everything I know... cant help it if I take after you.

Nearly over took you last sunday.. was being nice!!

Uncle B
1st December 2006, 20:16
Hey YOU!! You taught me everything I know... cant help it if I take after you.

Nearly over took you last sunday.. was being nice!!
You have only just begun grasshopper

Lissa
1st December 2006, 20:18
You have only just begun grasshopper
Teach me all you know... hehe.

Must stop posting

Uncle B
1st December 2006, 20:30
Teach me all you know... hehe.

Must stop posting
Seriously, you'll have fun with them.

control your posting fetish

Trudes
1st December 2006, 20:31
eerrrr.........pass !!
Don't I do enough "roadworks" for ya already... ;)

This is true, and much appreciated they are too!

Trudes
1st December 2006, 20:34
and, immmmmmmmmmmmm bourbon!!:drool:

Lissa
1st December 2006, 20:39
Seriously, you'll have fun with them.

control your posting fetish

I am controlling it... see!!

Edit/ at this rate Mrs KD is going to over take my total posts! Shes a post master! :D

Alice
2nd December 2006, 08:45
Good news for me, my bike is on track to arrive on Thursaday so I should be riding Saturday, yeah, at last!

skelstar
2nd December 2006, 09:06
Thats great news Alice.

apteryx_haasti
2nd December 2006, 11:54
I'm happy for the guys to come as long as they wear lipstick. If your mates see you just tell them you had a raspberry popsicle.

But I don't have to wear lippy - do I?

I was planning on some rather impressive helmet hair instead....

Trudes
2nd December 2006, 13:11
Great news Alice, and yeah, I've had a bit of practice at this now! (I'm just full of crap that's all).

Alice
2nd December 2006, 13:51
I'll PM you later and swop cellfne no's if thats ok and I can txt you if I feel confident to ride down to Masterton on Sunday so we can meet up, weather depending.We have had quite strong winds here lately.I'll look like drunk on a saturday night wobbling along the road if the winds blowing as usual.Joys of an El Nimo weather pattern.

MSTRS
2nd December 2006, 16:03
Not trying to put my spoke in, Alice, BUT, unless you have ridden heaps already, a trip to Masterton is too much at this stage for you. PM me when your bike arrives - I'll help you pootle around and teach you a few things.

Shazz
2nd December 2006, 16:10
Hey gals, that sounds like the deal, good to hear you all getting together. Unfortunately I will be unable to go on this one. 1: Moving to Wanganui next week, and a little outside the realm of ability to get to meet ya's and 2: the B'day that day so will be otherwise occupied.
Have fun, and don't forget me for the next one.

Cher Cher

Trudes
2nd December 2006, 16:58
That sounds very sensible MSTRS. Don't worry Alice, we will try to have another get together in the New Year some time, not a good idea to push yourself too much at the beginning, it's very easy to loose confidence from making a little mistake. And besides, I will worry myself silly about you riding all that way on your own on a new unfamiliar bike!
Thanks Shazz, have a great birthday and good luck with the move. We'll definitely keep you in the loop for the next one, aye gals!

bert_is_evil
2nd December 2006, 18:47
But I don't have to wear lippy - do I?

I was planning on some rather impressive helmet hair instead....

Of course not - that would be silly

Lissa
3rd December 2006, 08:05
Awesome Alice. If you cant make this ride there will be others for sure :) Shazz Happy Birthday.. and def hope you make the next one. Its an awesome day today in the rapa, fingers crossed it stays like this. :sunny:

Fatjim
3rd December 2006, 08:31
Never mind you couldnt keep up with 'us' anyway. :Punk:

I just had this horible thought.

20 Chicks, riding bikes, unable to talk for about an hour. All gettting off at the same point bursting with the 2000 words (national average) that would have built up in that hour.

Now 20 chicks x 2000 words, at 5 words per second would mean a constant "chatter" for 8000 seconds, or 133 minutes.

So girls, please allow a 2:1 ratio of riding to gossiping time, or someone's likely to explode!

Ronin
3rd December 2006, 08:35

20 Chicks, riding bikes, unable to talk for about an hour. All gettting off at the same point bursting with the 2000 words (national average) that would have built up in that hour.

Now 20 chicks x 2000 words, at 5 words per second would mean a constant "chatter" for 8000 seconds, or 133 minutes.

So girls, please allow a 2:1 ratio of riding to gossiping time, or someone's likely to explode!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Made my Sunday morning that has. :Punk:

yungatart
3rd December 2006, 08:41
blah blah blah blah.......

You seriously need to get out more Jim!

judecatmad
3rd December 2006, 10:34

LOL, only 2:1? That's the rate in a normal day - not when there's a ride to also talk about! Come on, if you're going to do the math for a chicks' ride, do get it right!

elle-f
4th December 2006, 05:56
You know, after what has tragically happened this weekend and reading the awesome comments about these guys - it makes me more determined to meet you people. I feel that i have missed out on something by not knowing them. I am totally looking forward to Sunday....weather permitting of course

Trudes
4th December 2006, 06:10
You're right Elle, you know I thought about this a little and wondered if we should still do this ride, but then I thought, "I think Bruce would want us to", the last time I spoke to him he was talking to me about it too. Thank goodness for Steffi (Sphinx) being there with me and Kendog yesterday, she was a very good rock, and I think it would be good for us ladies to meet up and learn from each other. I have to :shutup: now.:bye:

elle-f
4th December 2006, 06:17
i think you are right. although if the weather is crap i am more than happy to jump into the car and head over to wellington to meet for a coffee as well. Can i mention car in here?! It's the whole getting together thats the main thing i think.

chanceyy
4th December 2006, 06:27
well Elle if you want to turn up in a cage ., I too would turn up in a cage .. (since i dunna have a bike yet)

meeting for coffee etc sounds like a damn good plan ..

of course there are a few sad events to get through yet .. depends on when uncle b funeral is going to be ..

:(

Lissa
4th December 2006, 07:44
I just want to say, that if you girls are still keen to ride on sunday I am in. One of the last pms I got from Bruce he said we will have fun, gave me advice about my riding for it, and wished he could come to look after me and make sure everyone was safe... I think it will be good to meet you all, and I think Bruce would like us to still do it... weather permitting of course.

ceebie13
4th December 2006, 08:00
Go for it girls. Life has to go on, and Bruce will still be guarding over you. And I'm sure there are plenty of guys here that are only a phone call away who can/will help you out if need be. Think of it as the Uncle B Memorial Run and you will have a great time. :rockon:

bert_is_evil
4th December 2006, 08:02
i think you are right. although if the weather is crap i am more than happy to jump into the car and head over to wellington to meet for a coffee as well. Can i mention car in here?! It's the whole getting together thats the main thing i think.

Gasp! The name that shall not be spoken!
The correct terminology round these parts is "cage"....

magicfairy
4th December 2006, 08:23
You're right Elle, you know I thought about this a little and wondered if we should still do this ride, but then I thought, "I think Bruce would want us to", the last time I spoke to him he was talking to me about it too. Thank goodness for Steffi (Sphinx) being there with me and Kendog yesterday, she was a very good rock, and I think it would be good for us ladies to meet up and learn from each other. I have to :shutup: now.:bye:

Agreed. If there is anything to be learned from this it is how short life is, how the totally unexpected can happen to the people you least expect it to, which is why we must live each day to its full.
Bruce probably had more to do with getting ladies out on their bikes, and inspiring confidence than anyone else in the Wellington region. I imagine there will be a few there on Sunday who are riding in some part because of Bruce's encouragement and assistance. What a huge loss.

bert_is_evil
4th December 2006, 08:32
Go for it girls. Life has to go on, and Bruce will still be guarding over you. And I'm sure there are plenty of guys here that are only a phone call away who can/will help you out if need be. Think of it as the Uncle B Memorial Run and you will have a great time. :rockon:

I wasn't fortunate enough to have known Bruce but from what people have been saying he was a great guy and would have wanted us to go. We should ride with pegs down of course.

skelstar
4th December 2006, 08:34
If you women don't go for a ride on Sunday then I'll kick your butts...for Bruce of course...because thats is what he would want.

bert_is_evil
4th December 2006, 08:47
If you women don't go for a ride on Sunday then I'll kick your butts...for Bruce or course...because thats is what he would want.

Will you still kick our butts if we don't go because it's raining?

skelstar
4th December 2006, 08:57
I'll grant you a pardon if its raining...but the ride has to happen at some stage.

apteryx_haasti
4th December 2006, 09:06
I am still in. I didn't know UncleB except from his words of wisdom on here but it sounds like he was a stellar guy and I am sorry I didn't get to meet him.

Lissa
4th December 2006, 09:08
I'll grant you a pardon if its raining...but the ride has to happen at some stage.

Yep agreed, thanks for the pardon skelly.... we dont want butt kicking, we will diff do it! :)

bert_is_evil
4th December 2006, 09:19
hopefully the gods of duct tape will be kind to me and hold my indicator & fairing on. I do however have the upmost confidence in my coach bolt gear lever (gravity is not kind to those of us with a 200kg bike and a house on a hill)

elle-f
4th December 2006, 10:27
Gasp! The name that shall not be spoken!
The correct terminology round these parts is "cage"....

CAGE CAGE..........ok ok!! anyhow, if the weather isn't that good the offer is still on for me to get into my CAGE and head to welly.......afterall, we are making time to meet......

i am hoping for great riding weather....and i did learn something today - i was reading that thread about keeping the pillion pegs down in memory of somebody. i never knew that and will be doing just that. i love the idea of honouring a biker/s like that.

Lissa
4th December 2006, 10:44
Me too Elle.. I didnt read your other post about if the weather is crap. Will drive to welly as well for a catch up if the chicks ride is cancelled/postponed. Will wait and see what happens I guess.

Btw elle... thanks so much for riding with me yesterday, it was awesome. You were so patient with me.... should be a little faster next time :)

elle-f
4th December 2006, 11:47
You were awesome! no worries at all and i cannot wait to do it again. We were with a great crew huh

Ronin
4th December 2006, 12:06
And I'm sure there are plenty of guys here that are only a phone call away who can/will help you out if need be. Think of it as the Uncle B Memorial Run and you will have a great time. :rockon:

Yup, I'm local and Lissa has my cell if I'm needed.

nudemetalz
4th December 2006, 12:21
Well I know for certain that Mrs Nudie is still way keen !!!

(and if I have a Guzzi by then, she may even take that....gasp !!)

Trudes
4th December 2006, 12:22
Thanks guys. Uncle B has left some huge shoes, that may take several dozen people, to fill, so all offers are appreciated.
This ride was not intended to be an anti-male thing, just a chance for the gals to get together as most rides are fairly well male populated and often dominated and it's nice to have a chance for the gals to get together. If the weather is crap on Sunday, a get together anyway would be great, and in which case, guys, please feel free to come along and bring the wives, g/friends, pillions etc. We can have a chick ride on another fine day, no probs.

ceebie13
4th December 2006, 13:19
Thanks guys. Uncle B has left some huge shoes, that may take several dozen people, to fill, so all offers are appreciated.

S'funny... after hearing so much about Bruce, I was thinking along similar lines about helping people with their road riding etc. I'm no spring chicken - I have been riding for 39 years. But in that time I have learned a lot and would be the first to admit that I am still learning. I taught my ex-Mrs to ride in the UK. She started on a GPZ500 and progressed through a Baby Blade (CBR400RR), then on to a YZF600 Thundercat, and finally on to a ZX9R. In addition to her compulsory basic training I was able to guide her through improved roadcraft, teaching her about road conditions, positioning, reading the clues, vanishing points, engine braking, group riding, state of mind etc etc.
She learned a lot from following my lines ...and I taught her a lot from following hers!! However, I do not claim to ride like a god. I ride smoothly to the conditions and (mostly) within the law. I now ride the CB having had three ZX9's and a host of other machines before that.
If any novice riders (girls or blokes) feel they'd like some friendly advice or simply wish to tag along for some "no pressure" riding experience, feel free to PM me and we can set something up.

Trudes
4th December 2006, 19:31
Oh and if any Northerners are still here on Sunday, please feel welcome to come along also.

Ms Piggy
4th December 2006, 21:54
Hey Girls - brain is a bit fuzzed up and I thought I'd missed the ride - glad I haven't! Will ther be amny slower riders coming? My little CB250RS and I haven't done a lot of out of town riding this year so we don't wanna hold you up.

Cheers CSL.

judecatmad
4th December 2006, 22:05
Hey Girls - brain is a bit fuzzed up and I thought I'd missed the ride - glad I haven't! Will ther be amny slower riders coming? My little CB250RS and I haven't done a lot of out of town riding this year so we don't wanna hold you up.

Cheers CSL.

Hi :)

I'm about as slow as they come so no worries there!

elle-f
5th December 2006, 05:54
it's not about speed but the absolute enjoyment of the ride.......i too, am a granny rider!

apteryx_haasti
5th December 2006, 06:33
I third that! I think my description says it all:

"Slower than a wet week!"

It's not a race, it's a ride and I for one will just be doing my usual blistering (for a snail) pace...

Lissa
5th December 2006, 09:11
Ha cant get any slower than me :) Like elle said, its about the enjoyment of the ride... I am just going to go at my own pace, what I think is safe anyway.

elle-f
5th December 2006, 11:04
Lissa you actually arent that slow - although i loved seeing you do the low lean like the lads on the faster bikes *L* i am totally looking forward to Sunday

Lissa
5th December 2006, 11:14
Went for a ride today, to where Uncle B took me first time, (the place I didnt take that corner and ended up on the wrong side of the road). It was nice to go there, imagined Uncle B behind me, bored with my slowpoke riding. :) Anyway, this time wore earplugs going home, didnt realise that the wind noise was so off putting, coming home I did 100.. weeeeee thats good for me! Yea not sure of what the weather is doing sunday, crossing my fingers though. :)

bert_is_evil
5th December 2006, 11:17
Yea not sure of what the weather is doing sunday, crossing my fingers though. :)

Friday and Saturday don't look too good - no forecast on the metservice site for Sunday yet.

elle-f
5th December 2006, 11:20
wednesday and thursday are looking awesome! i am not staying late at work and finish at 3 if you are interested Lissa in coming for a bit of a practise blat! i could wag of course *L*......mind you, me being me i would get caught!

apteryx_haasti
5th December 2006, 11:43
Ha cant get any slower than me :)

Reading these posts I got the amusing vision of a "reverse race" - all of us wobbling about going super slow motion just to show that "No, I'm the slowest one"....!

Too bad there's not one of these :third: for LAST place!

Lissa
5th December 2006, 12:28
Reading these posts I got the amusing vision of a "reverse race" - all of us wobbling about going super slow motion just to show that "No, I'm the slowest one"....!

Too bad there's not one of these :third: for LAST place!

hehe yea.. would be pretty funny. I can ride in 1st gear at walking pace pretty straight though, not that i am going to be doing that. :D Got to remember the muffins though.. hope everyone likes double choc chip!

Trudes
5th December 2006, 12:41
Lissa, you're an angel! (ok,a biker angel if you like!). If it's fine, have you gals thought of somewhere you'd like to go for a ride to for lunch? I'm open to suggestions, up to you how far you want to ride.

Lissa
5th December 2006, 12:44
Thanks Mrs KD :) Well... theres Martinborough... the choc fish. Went there Sunday. I havent travelled very far yet, but I am totally ready for anything.... and will go where-ever you guys want to go :)

Trudes
5th December 2006, 12:50
Sounds good by me, anyone have any objections? It's probably easier to arrange this now, so everyone knows where we are heading and for those who are going to meet up with us a bit later can do so, just in-case I can't get in touch with them for some reason.

bert_is_evil
5th December 2006, 13:08
Anywhere is fine with me. I thought chocolate fish was in Scorching bay but I guess they are a chain now

skelstar
5th December 2006, 13:09
Erm...'Flying Fish'.

Map (http://www.zoomin.co.nz/nz/south+wairarapa/martinborough/-flying+fish+cafe/?place/full_map)

Trudes
5th December 2006, 13:14
The flying chocolate fish? You only need to mention chocolate for me to agree!:shutup: I guess we could try out the 'new' flying fish, we could be the KB food critics, (so that's a note to the new owners if you're here, treat us well and feed us good, and we'll tell everyone, we are women after all!)

Lissa
5th December 2006, 15:02
I didnt know it had changed its name... must have choc on my mind.. its those muffins I tell you!

I think the flying fish is an awesome place to go for lunch and Uncle B went there alot, seems fitting I think.

Ok, so where do we meet you girls in featherston? At the petrol station? And Elle... if you want to leave early, we can, just leave me in featherston and you can meet the girls on the top of the hill or something if you like, if you want to go for a blat over the hill. I dont mind waiting down below. :)

magicfairy
5th December 2006, 15:19
Went to the Flying Fish on Sunday. Still the same menu and the new people handled it OK. So good choice I think.

Lissa
5th December 2006, 15:26
Went to the Flying Fish on Sunday. Still the same menu and the new people handled it OK. So good choice I think.
Oh yes.. we were there too, saw you on your awesome bike magicfairy! Very nice. :)

Patrick
5th December 2006, 15:27
.... So some suggestions of a date would be the first task, followed by a meeting place and we could discuss a route ... unless anyone has a grand idea of something to do or a route that would suit all abilities....

Just like the blokes...always out for a route....

Patrick
5th December 2006, 15:30
I don't think I will be able to make it unfortunatley.I will have to put off eating Lisas muffin till a later date....

See???!!! Told ya...

yungatart
5th December 2006, 15:37
You girls have an awesome ride. I won't be joining you on this one, but will be heading home from Uncle B's and loosebruce's funerals.
Ride safe and I will join you next time around..

elle-f
5th December 2006, 15:42
magicfairy we commented on how awesome your bike was - it was parked by mine outside the cafe in martinborough!

as for the ride to Martinborough - sounds great. Yep Lissa we can meet the girls at Featherston across from the Mobil. They will need a break/chat anyhow!

I wont go up the hill to meet them if the weather isnt amazing......if it IS.....we could both leave earlier and head up. its a beautiful ride on a summer day and you rode harder roads on Sunday - trust me. There are also heaps of places where we can stop to let cars past if you are worried.

Tis totally exciting though! You guys dont want to come here for a coffee first then head out through the Gladstone and then on to Martinborough out the back way?

Lissa
5th December 2006, 15:43
You girls have an awesome ride. I won't be joining you on this one, but will be heading home from Uncle B's and loosebruce's funerals.
Ride safe and I will join you next time around..

Thanks yungatart... will diff count you in for next time. You ride safe too.

Patrick... u are quite welcome to come along too... perv!! :D

Elle - Me on the hill... omg not sure I am ready for that one, lets see on the day. :)

yungatart
5th December 2006, 16:58
Thanks yungatart... will diff count you in for next time. You ride safe too.

Elle - Me on the hill... omg not sure I am ready for that one, lets see on the day. :)

Yes please! Will be safe all right - with Uncle B along with us.. may get to meet some of you anyway as ell33f is giving us beds on Friday night...thanks heaps

magicfairy
5th December 2006, 16:58
magicfairy we commented on how awesome your bike was - it was parked by mine outside the cafe in martinborough!

Blue Suzuki V Twin? Yep she is lovely. Still running it in, goes for 1000 k service Thursday.
Pity we didn't say hello, it will be nice to catch up next Sunday. I was with my partner BusaJim, he was on his BMW Adventure. Or as we call it at home "The Battlestar Galatica" as getting it in and out the garage is like docking a space ship. I shot down to Lake Ferry and he went off to White Rock.

What was your bike?

Lissa
5th December 2006, 17:17
I saw the BMW too... very nice Magicfairy. I should have said something, you had the KB patch on your jacket but didnt notice it until you were going.

elle-f
5th December 2006, 17:23
OMG lissa it sounds like we were stalking magic HAHA

my bike was the black radian with the $2 plastic sheild covering the battery!

btw - yunga i am totally looking forward to meeting you guys on fri night. Lissa if you wanna come down to have a coffee and a catch up you are more than welcome - anybody in this area in fact. PM me and lemme know....that goes for the guys we were riding with on Sunday.

My pillion pegs are down as well :(

Trudes
5th December 2006, 18:04
Hey guys, whatever you want to do is fine by me, I'm easy.

(I wrote that and just before I went for the enter button, thought 'wonder how long before Bruce comes back with some kind of cheeky comment to that'.) :(

Ronin
5th December 2006, 18:16
Oh yes.. we were there too, saw you on your awesome bike magicfairy! Very nice. :)

Oh yeah, very very nice

Ronin
5th December 2006, 18:19
Blue Suzuki V Twin? Yep she is lovely. Still running it in, goes for 1000 k service Thursday.
Pity we didn't say hello, it will be nice to catch up next Sunday. I was with my partner BusaJim, he was on his BMW Adventure. Or as we call it at home "The Battlestar Galatica" as getting it in and out the garage is like docking a space ship. I shot down to Lake Ferry and he went off to White Rock.

What was your bike?

Here's a hint.... We stole your table as you were leaving :yes:

apteryx_haasti
5th December 2006, 18:38
I would prefer a lunch in Martinborough. Gotta be back in Eastbourne by 4pm for our brigade's (Eastbourne Volunteer Fire Brigade) last supper...Last practice for the year on Monday! Yipee!

Oh where was I? That's right - so lunch in MArtinborough might be a good option since it means if I want to take off after and head back over the hill I can do....

Looking forward to it gals - hope the weather plays nice....

Shiner
5th December 2006, 18:50
Cool U4ea!
Can't wait to meet some of the newer members and have another ride with the girls, was a great day out last time, so hopefully the weather comes to the party this time too.
Hi, unfortunately I am taking my bike to Hawera to get all dolled up to attend a friends wedding this weekend, otherwise I would love to join in and meet some fellow riders.....or should that be fullessa riders. Maybe next time. I am heading on a road trip down south island from 2 -25 January. Plan to do some gravel roads also. Any one interested in joining in for a day or more?
Look forward to meeting all you ladies sometime soon.

apteryx_haasti
5th December 2006, 19:05
Hi Shiner and welcome to KB - I am sure there will be many more rides to go on...and if you ever want someone to ride with from your neck of the woods - just PM me! I haven't been over to Wainui from Seaview yet...

elle-f
5th December 2006, 19:44
kk so what time are you meeting at the rimutex so we have an idea on when you will be in featherston?

OH and if the weather is not that cool - is plan B to meet in welly somewhere central for a coffee?

yes, i am all about plans

Trudes
5th December 2006, 20:33
Oh, so am I Elle, I usually like to plan everything to a t, but problem is I've found even the best laid plans can turn on you. But because you and I like to be anal, lets do it hey!
Ok, the plan is to meet at Rimutex at 10am (or 9:15 Newlands BP, if you like), leave Rimutex at 10:15ish, top of hill for re-group, then be in Featherston at about 11ish to meet you gals (if you don't come to the top to meet us) opposite the service station. Have a gasbag, ride to Martinbourgh(sp) have lunch and gasbag, then further ride or go home, whatever goes there.
If the weather is dodgy, shall we all log on by about 8am and make a decision as to what to do?

elle-f
5th December 2006, 20:46
8am sounds awesome however, i am still hoping the weather is great. i would love to meet you guys at the top of the hill - its stunning up there and i love watching other bikes coming up and heading down. hell, that sounds rather pervy huh!

Ronin
5th December 2006, 20:47
8am sounds awesome however, i am still hoping the weather is great. i would love to meet you guys at the top of the hill - its stunning up there and i love watching other bikes coming up and heading down. hell, that sounds rather pervy huh!

This from the woman tooting at the guy standing up in front of her :gob:

elle-f
5th December 2006, 20:53
HAHAHA it was only when you kicked your leg out that i was really impressed :yes:

I absolutely enjoyed you guys on Sunday btw. You were totally fun and i came away from that ride far more confident than when i went in. Thank you for that.

Ronin
5th December 2006, 20:56
HAHAHA it was only when you kicked your leg out that i was really impressed :yes:

I absolutely enjoyed you guys on Sunday btw. You were totally fun and i came away from that ride far more confident than when i went in. Thank you for that.

I was going for style points

elle-f
5th December 2006, 20:58
then that was a 10/10 young man!

magicfairy
6th December 2006, 05:53
I saw the BMW too... very nice Magicfairy. I should have said something, you had the KB patch on your jacket but didnt notice it until you were going.

Its covering the hole I managed to burn in it, when I threw my jacket over a hot exhaust and did not notice till it was way too late :doh:

apteryx_haasti
6th December 2006, 07:06
OK - I've finally remembered to track down the calendar thing and add myself to the ride all official-like.

That said, if it is raining or real windy (or both) I will not be partaking of a trip over the takas but am interested in the idea of an alternative meet in Welington and would come along to that...so I will log on at 8am.

Mrs KD - I will meet you at the Rimutex at 10 ish - please don't go without me!

Cheers.

A_H

(PS - we met briefly on the Oct 1 ride - you were trying to set the clock on your bike...so I have a very vague idea what you look like!)

Patrick
6th December 2006, 08:24
Patrick... u are quite welcome to come along too... perv!! :D

Thanks for the kind offer... just couldn't help myself...:laugh:

bert_is_evil
6th December 2006, 08:40
Thanks for the kind offer... just couldn't help myself...:laugh:

To any other lads who may be lurking, you are welcome to join us too - remember to bring your knitting and the latest New World coupon book so that we can discuss this weeks specials.

I'm keen to meet at Newlands BP, will log in at 8am for the final decision (so well organised, I love it). We must remember to swap mobile numbers too in case someone (me) gets lost at some stage.

Alice
6th December 2006, 09:18
Just like the blokes...always out for a route....

Har Harrr,
I thought the wording may get a response, I work in an all bloke enviroment and you guys are soo predictable, amusing.....and sad at times.

bert_is_evil
6th December 2006, 09:26
Har Harrr,
I thought the wording may get a response, I work in an all bloke enviroment and you guys are soo predictable, amusing.....and sad at times.

I could just hear the bevis and butthead laugh as it was typed

"hurrrrhurr hurr, she said route, hurrrr hurr"

bert_is_evil
6th December 2006, 09:34
Oh, hang on, that was me laughing...

Trudes
6th December 2006, 09:58
OK - I've finally remembered to track down the calendar thing and add myself to the ride all official-like.

That said, if it is raining or real windy (or both) I will not be partaking of a trip over the takas but am interested in the idea of an alternative meet in Welington and would come along to that...so I will log on at 8am.

Mrs KD - I will meet you at the Rimutex at 10 ish - please don't go without me!

Cheers.

A_H

(PS - we met briefly on the Oct 1 ride - you were trying to set the clock on your bike...so I have a very vague idea what you look like!)

Good on you AH, we won't leave without ya, and yes I remember you now, not that I knew who you were at the time! So all's sweet then.

Trudes
6th December 2006, 10:18
What do you think gals, should we get some? http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=40077

bert_is_evil
6th December 2006, 10:39
Now that would be a great pic for the kiwibiker calendar

Lissa
6th December 2006, 11:25
LOL... ummm no think I will just hold on thanks Mrs KD :D

Alice
6th December 2006, 11:25
What do you think gals, should we get some? http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=40077

Hmm, interesting wee piece of plastic, designed by a man or woman I wonder ? Its gotta be a man, why would a woman think we need to try to copy what men do.Its gotta be a piss take !
I don't feel the need to pee like a man, quite fond of peeing behind a bush.You wanta try it out and tell us about the experience ? ...Could be a good hand warmer on a cold day, then you could pop the plastic bag inside the front of your jacket, an alternative to those little warmer pads that you buy from outdoor shops.

Lissa
6th December 2006, 11:42
Bewarned.. my sister-inlaw peed behind a bush and got bitten on the bum by a spider.... not nice!!! Watch where you pee girls!

skelstar
6th December 2006, 11:43
This thread has taken a turn for the worst. 'Pointless dribble'?

Lissa
6th December 2006, 11:45

LOL... No comment.

ceebie13
6th December 2006, 11:46
Hmm, interesting wee piece of plastic, designed by a man or woman I wonder ? Its gotta be a man, why would a woman think we need to try to copy what men do.

I thought it was a strap-on to start with.... :gob:

bert_is_evil
6th December 2006, 14:05
and a deathly silence ensues...

Alice
6th December 2006, 14:19

Keeps us amused in work hours.

bert_is_evil
6th December 2006, 14:35
Yeah, before I discovered kiwibiker I actually used to do work. Those were the days, oh yes.

Alice
6th December 2006, 15:06
Yeah, before I discovered kiwibiker I actually used to do work. Those were the days, oh yes.

Yer it gets a bit addictive, going to get sprung one of these days, fortunately where my desk is no one can sneak up behind me, so hopefully I won't have to blurt out some lame excuse.It would be better to keep tongue firmly between teeth.
It would be interesting to know how many hours people spend on this site in work hours when they SHOULD be doing something more constructive.... well in the eyes of their employer that is.

magicfairy
6th December 2006, 15:36
Yer it gets a bit addictive, going to get sprung one of these days, fortunately where my desk is no one can sneak up behind me, so hopefully I won't have to blurt out some lame excuse.It would be better to keep tongue firmly between teeth.
It would be interesting to know how many hours people spend on this site in work hours when they SHOULD be doing something more constructive.... well in the eyes of their employer that is.

I teach technical computer courses, so the trick is to give the students long and complex labs, then sit back and surf while they work.
And spout things like "try and solve it yourself" "what does the help say" so I don't have to move.
And to make sure the overhead projector is not still on, displaying what I am up to.

bert_is_evil
6th December 2006, 15:46
Alt-Tab
just doesn't work if you have dual screens dammit

Alice
6th December 2006, 16:02
I teach technical computer courses, so the trick is to give the students long and complex labs, then sit back and surf while they work.
And spout things like "try and solve it yourself" "what does the help say" so I don't have to move.
And to make sure the overhead projector is not still on, displaying what I am up to.

Funny, I can see you are well skilled in the art of deception.

mstriumph
6th December 2006, 16:49
What do you think gals, should we get some? http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...ad.php?t=40077

wow!

a pressie for the girl that has everything!!

well - ALMOST everything :innocent:

Kendog
6th December 2006, 18:26
To any other lads who may be lurking, you are welcome to join us too - remember to bring your knitting and the latest New World coupon book so that we can discuss this weeks specials.

I'm keen to meet at Newlands BP, will log in at 8am for the final decision (so well organised, I love it). We must remember to swap mobile numbers too in case someone (me) gets lost at some stage.

I think us guys could join the girls if its raining on Sunday and becomes a gathering to meet people somewhere.

If its fine, you really should take the opportunity to have a girl only ride i.e. no guys to start with. If there are guys out I am sure they could meet up after lunch.

Every weekend there are plenty of rides going on, but these are always dominated by guys. Would be a totally different experience with just the girls I reckon.

elle-f
6th December 2006, 19:41
i cant WAIT!! thats all......have a great night :)

skelstar
7th December 2006, 08:19
Looks like it will clear at lunchtime for the fairer bikers ride. Southerly so it shouldn't be that bad on the Hill.

Trudes
7th December 2006, 09:51
Thanks mate, I saw the weather on the news last night, but disregarded it 'cause I didn't like it, I like yours better!:sunny:

bert_is_evil
7th December 2006, 09:55
Me too, I'm ignoring the metservice reports, what do they know about weather

Fatjim
7th December 2006, 10:24
Every weekend there are plenty of rides going on, but these are always dominated by guys. Would be a totally different experience with just the girls I reckon.

Yeah, you'd need earplugs in the pub as well.

shandi
7th December 2006, 17:19
:confused:
Hi Guys do you know if there is a ride on Saturday 16th of December? For some reason I have circled it on my calender and I didnt write why DOH!!!

Trudes
7th December 2006, 17:24
Not sure doll, but this ride is on the 10th, and you are more than welcome to join us!

elle-f
7th December 2006, 17:42
jim HAHAHA that actually might be true

shandi
7th December 2006, 18:16
:yes:
I will be coming on the ride fursure! looking forward to meeting you all.

apteryx_haasti
7th December 2006, 19:49
:yes:
I will be coming on the ride fursure! looking forward to meeting you all.

Cool - and welcome to KB. Hopefully the weather will cooperate...but looks like we will be doing something even if it's not a ride...

Trudes
8th December 2006, 04:31
Yes we will. Anyone want to suggest a decent place for a gathering and lunch if the weather decides to not come to the party. It'll need to be of a fairly decent size as the invite has gone out to the guys to join us also if it rains etc.

elle-f
8th December 2006, 04:38
ummmm *thinking* not sure BUT can it be in central welly that way i can find my way quickly and not buggar about getting lost however, in saying that, i am hoping NOT to go to wellington and that the weather is good enough for us.

are there any pubs open? bristol? up that way? or that other one close by? murphy something? *OMG, can you tell i dont live in wellington anymore?*!:shit:

Trudes
8th December 2006, 06:00
Yep, Bristol is probably the better of those two for larger groups to all sit together. So that's one idea, any others?

ceebie13
8th December 2006, 08:06
So that's one idea, any others?

Hey girls...go to www.wotzon.com
Click on Dine & Drink on the LH menu bar
Click on Pubs, Bars & Clubs (very small link near the top)

Here you will find a whole plethora of venues.
I have photographed a lot of these pubs for wotzon ( I know, boring job aye?) and you can see the results. Useful VR panoramas show you what the place is like and you can read the review.

My shortlist suggestion might be:

Coyote Bar: 63 Courtney
Bristol Hotel: 131 Cuba
Shed 5: Queens Wharf
Loaded Hog: Queens Wharf
The Malthouse: 47 Willis
The Black Harp: Featherston St
Molly Malones: Courtney
Kitty O'Shea's: Courtney
Speights Ale House: Thorndon
Speights Ale House: Petone
Shooters; 69 Courtney

Good luck and have fun,
Rich.

bert_is_evil
8th December 2006, 08:13
The Southern cross at the top of cuba is quite funky, I've only eaten there once since it was refurbished so I can't comment on the food but it had a good atmosphere.

ceebie13
8th December 2006, 08:30
The Southern cross at the top of cuba is quite funky, I've only eaten there once since it was refurbished so I can't comment on the food but it had a good atmosphere.

Agreed, forgot about that one!

apteryx_haasti
8th December 2006, 09:21
There's also the Macs Brewery on the Waterfront. It's right near Te Papa (and Te Papa's car park - assuming we'll need cages if the weather is cruddy) - it's big, does food and for some reason usually seems to be quite quiet in there.

It used to be Wellington Brewery if that helps anyone place it. Right next to Circa theatre. Easy to find.

Trudes
8th December 2006, 10:40
Sweet, cool guys, and thanks CB, that is a very useful site, used it a few times. Well as I've said before, I'm easy, just whatever suits everyone best. I personally love the Speights Alehouses (either the Petone or Thorndon one), and parking is not usually too much of a hassle. But the Brewery bar sounds ok too. Or the Southern Cross.

shandi
8th December 2006, 11:52
What about the Working Mans club in Petone in Udy St does a good meal and cheap drinks.

shandi
8th December 2006, 12:01
Cool - and welcome to KB. Hopefully the weather will cooperate...but looks like we will be doing something even if it's not a ride...

Thanks for the welcome guys, its been years since we have had a bike and on the good days (which are few and far between) we have been out cruising the streets. Have'nt met any like minded lasses yet, so it will be nice to catch up with you all.

Trudes
8th December 2006, 14:13
Did someone say cheap drinks?!!!
I guess if I won't be on my bike and will probably have the dog in tow, he can drive home. Immmmmmmmm drinkies. OHoH, that's right, its a meet and lunch thing, not a watch Mrs Kendog sit and get pissed and talk even more shite! Lol. Sorry sorry, um yeah lunch, um.....

Alice
8th December 2006, 14:38
Well,
The weather is not looking to flash for your ride, forcast for The Bay is no better, the weather is shit at the moment.

Just an update on my bikes arrival case your interested,...... yawn.....yes folks, shes still on the goddam ship, but the godamship that is now in port, sooo, next week ! boy, what a lot of waiting.The story just keeps changing.

Got to meet some local KB people Wednesday evening.Went riding with them, pillion, due to lack of own 2 wheels.Its going to be good to finally become mobile and go riding with them.

Will have to organise a ride in the new year, I have met another local lady rider so we should be able to ride down together to meet up.

Enjoy "The Gathering", tell us a few stories next week.

Trudes
8th December 2006, 14:49
Well that's great news about the impending arrival of you bike Alice. You'll be up and riding it in no time.

LilSel
8th December 2006, 15:28
I was in between all those places (I think) just the other weekend :D

Trudes
8th December 2006, 15:59
Pity you can't be somewhere in between and about with us this weekend Lilsel!!:sunny:

Lissa
8th December 2006, 18:18
I still havent given up... I reckon its going to be a beautiful sunny day sunday!!! (crossed fingers, legs and knocked on wood) :sunny: I wanna go for a ride!!!!!!!!

elle-f
8th December 2006, 18:51
well........sunday isnt meant to be THAT bad from the news tonight but monday is meant to be stunning which figures!!

apteryx_haasti
8th December 2006, 19:17
Did someone say cheap drinks?!!!
I guess if I won't be on my bike and will probably have the dog in tow, he can drive home. Immmmmmmmm drinkies. OHoH, that's right, its a meet and lunch thing, not a watch Mrs Kendog sit and get pissed and talk even more shite! Lol. Sorry sorry, um yeah lunch, um.....

Can't it be both??? Ha ha!

I still havent given up... I reckon its going to be a beautiful sunny day sunday!!! (crossed fingers, legs and knocked on wood) I wanna go for a ride!!!!!!!!

But yes, this is what's going to happen!!!

:scooter:

skelstar
9th December 2006, 08:14
Weather looking to improve. This is the weather map for 7am. It won't be warm, but it won't be all that windy either. Perfect conditions to talk about crap I imagine.

Lissa
9th December 2006, 08:37
Weather looking to improve. This is the weather map for 7am. It won't be warm, but it won't be all that windy either. Perfect conditions to talk about crap I imagine.

Hmm thanks skel! I dont mind the cold.. its the wind I HATE!.... btw we dont talk crap... you must be thinking about the guys, this is a chicks ride!! And we will be having muffins!! Reminds me better get baking!

Sparky Bills
9th December 2006, 09:12
Weathers going to be sweet on Sunday.
Ill be out and about, but more than likley up Palmy way.

Have a safe trip everyone.

Trudes
9th December 2006, 09:44
Well cool, the boys are optimistic for the weather to be good, so no rain dances anyone, and yep, fingers and everything else crossed.

apteryx_haasti
9th December 2006, 10:09
Well it couldn't be much worse than the HUGE downpour and hailstorm that blasted Eastbourne this morning! It only lasted a few minutes but it was an incredible amount of water (and some ice - enough that it lay about on the ground afterwards).

I am picking it is gonna clear and we're going riding!

Trudes
9th December 2006, 10:29
Can I just suggest that anyone who has never riden in a group situation or is unsure of what to do to please take a look at this (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=40235) thread, thanks, and thanks to hillbilly. I will give a quick brief at Rimutex etc, but this would help me keep my voice.

ceebie13
9th December 2006, 11:38
I will give a quick brief at Rimutex etc, but this would help me keep my voice.

I have a box and a megaphone you can borrow, Doris.

Trudes
9th December 2006, 13:10
I have a box and a megaphone you can borrow, Doris.

Only if you're not using it. Cheeky bugger!

ceebie13
9th December 2006, 13:21
Only if you're not using it. Cheeky bugger!

Actually, I am playing cricket this afternoon so I will need the box after all, sorry.:gob:

elle-f
9th December 2006, 14:16
yeahhhhh if i am pulling over its because i am texting - do not attempt to pass :done:

Lissa
9th December 2006, 20:22
I'm Ready... just got to go clean my bike, muffins baked. Yay.. umm checked the forecast, but not going to worry about until the morn... want to be pleasently surprised... :sunny:

apteryx_haasti
9th December 2006, 20:42
Fingers crossed.

Bike not clean though - don't yell at me gals! I was gonna do it, I swears.

Lissa
9th December 2006, 20:45
Fingers crossed.

Bike not clean though - don't yell at me gals! I was gonna do it, I swears.
Awwww no prob, been too busy on here to clean my bike too - hehe do it in the morn.... looks like there might be some showers in the morn, but sunny in the afternoon. Yay-ish.

elle-f
9th December 2006, 21:15
OMG i have to clean my bike? i dunno if i can make it now because my bike wont be gleaming........i will be the one, if i do come, thats about a mile behind you all hiding HAHA

Trudes
9th December 2006, 21:34
Please don't clean your bikes, then I'll feel I have to too, and I don't want to.

I have to tell you.... the hubby just got in the bath and then I heard this almighty splash, bottles falling on the floor and him cracking up, "what are you doing now?" I call, and then the cat comes booting it outta the bathroom, drenched. Stupid bugger had jumped up on the side of the bath to lean in for a drink like he does everynight and had slipped and fallen in. So I've just been drying my wet pussycat, what a drip (pun intended).

Anywayyyyyy, bring on the fine weather, think that last down pour I heard 10 minutes ago was the clouds last dump! (insert Tui ad here).

Lissa
9th December 2006, 21:36
Please don't clean your bikes, then I'll feel I have to too, and I don't want to.

I have to tell you.... the hubby just got in the bath and then I heard this almighty splash, bottles falling on the floor and him cracking up, "what are you doing now?" I call, and then the cat comes booting it outta the bathroom, drenched. Stupid bugger had jumped up on the side of the bath to lean in for a drink like he does everynight and had slipped and fallen in. So I've just been drying my wet pussycat, what a drip (pun intended).

Anywayyyyyy, bring on the fine weather, think that last down pour I heard 10 minutes ago was the clouds last dump! (insert Tui ad).

hehe.. waiting for a smart comment from the 'guys' now on your wet pussycat Mrs KD. :D

I am in denial me thinks... its going to be an awesome day tomorrow! :Punk:

elle-f
9th December 2006, 21:59
goodness me :gob: i hope your pussy is dry now *blinks*

Sphinx
9th December 2006, 23:36
Hi girls canīt wait to see you tomorrow - certainly we are going to have good weather! Black Beauty is not washed but you still can see him in the traffic :yes:
Trude my dear is pussycat okay now? Hope you didnt give her a dry witht he hairdryer lol
Have a great evening and I see you tomorrow by the "chics ride"

bert_is_evil
9th December 2006, 23:49
So it's settled then, we will all have grubby bikes.
See you at the dirty bike ladies ride

elle-f
10th December 2006, 01:13
grubby bikes???? then i am in again :rockon:

hell, i gotta get to bed so i am up to check this!

Trudes
10th December 2006, 05:02
So it's settled then, we will all have grubby bikes.
See you at the dirty bike ladies ride

At least it's not the dirty ladies bike ride!! Then the boys really would want to gate crash!!

Trudes
10th December 2006, 05:16
Ok, so anyway, yep, I am up early, couldn't sleep for the rain on the roof!!:shutup:
So ladies, tell me, what do you want to do today? Last weather forecast I looked at said that the rain was to clear late morning and the southerly would die down. In saying that though, I'm not sure what the weather is like in the rapa, so maybe Lissa or Elle could give us an update on that, and the road will be wet.
Sooooooooo, look out your windows girls and make a decision, as I will not make it for you.
Give us a :niceone: if you want to ride today or a :no: if you would rather postpone the ride for early next year and meet for lunch instead.
PM me if you don't want everyone to know you're a chicken, ooppss I mean don't want to ride today, I will count the votes and post up the verdict of the vote at 8:15. (And who says women can't run a democracy!):done:

elle-f
10th December 2006, 05:53
at the moment its overcast in carterton with blue sky bursting to get through. there is no wind however those little clouds that are rolling over are black *no offense to the darker variety of people*

i am about to go out and buy some milk and get the paper so will have a clearer indication then once i can see the sky 360 degrees instead of just outside my window *L*

magicfairy
10th December 2006, 06:41
Sooooooooo, look out your windows girls and make a decision, as I will not make it for you.
Give us a :niceone: if you want to ride today or a :no: if you would rather postpone the ride for early next year and meet for lunch instead.

I think it will get better, sun is out now in Miramar so I am in. Plan to ride anyway even if the organised ride is postoned.
so :niceone:

Ms Piggy
10th December 2006, 06:49
It's sunny with a light breeze in Newtown...:sunny:

If we do go ahead with the ride I'll just ride as far as the summit as I have loads to do at home *grooooan*.

Hopefully (c'mon weather gods!) I'll see ya'll at 10. :)

apteryx_haasti
10th December 2006, 06:50
Blue sky with some clouds here in Eastbourne. Doesn't seem to be much wind.

Now I'll spend ten minutes looking for the little guy....:niceone:

Ahhhh, there he is!

elle-f
10th December 2006, 06:53
Its clearing here and no wind and the blue sky is breaking through!

Thats it from the Wairarapa weather girl who looks different to those others *L*

skelstar
10th December 2006, 06:59
Trudi, I've had a Rapa webcam link in my signature for months now.

Oh, morning Ladies ;)

elle-f
10th December 2006, 06:59
hang on - i think that Southerly is washing through but thats ok....just the rain

bert_is_evil
10th December 2006, 07:02
I can't find the thumbs up man so this one will have to do :Punk:
In other words lets do it!