PDA

View Full Version : String wrapped up in front sprocket.

pixc
28th November 2006, 11:01
Ok..Ive done this twice now...ran over the string I used to tie up the tomatoes...and managed to get it fully and entirely wrapped up in the front sprocket.

Question is...is it something I need to remove straight away or can I do it at the next conveniant time?

If I dont remove it straight away what kind of damage, if any, would I be doing?

PLease note... Im Mechanically retarded

judecatmad
28th November 2006, 11:05
I can't help you with your query, but I am wondering why you keep riding over your toms.....? They don't make tomato sauce that way! :rofl:

pixc
28th November 2006, 11:10
yer..curious aye. I was thinking tomatoe paste...semi traditionaly prepared

wybmadiity
28th November 2006, 11:10
I can't help you with your query, but I am wondering why you keep riding over your toms.....? They don't make tomato sauce that way! :rofl:

Ahahaha! nice one.
Val easy solution .... Stop running over the string! :dodge:

pixc
28th November 2006, 11:11
Ahahaha! nice one.
Val easy solution .... Stop running over the string! :dodge:

oh yer...never thought of that.... :dodge:

scumdog
28th November 2006, 11:14
Remove it staright away, asap, without delay, tout suit, now.

I've seen string/twine get so wound up it has popped out oil seals and on some machines it forced the sprocket off the shaft.

But if fixing those sort of problems is something you enjoy then leave the string on.

JimO
28th November 2006, 15:32
i agree with Mr S Dog

2much
30th November 2006, 07:09
Ok..Ive done this twice now...ran over the string I used to tie up the tomatoes...and managed to get it fully and entirely wrapped up in the front sprocket.

Question is...is it something I need to remove straight away or can I do it at the next conveniant time?

If I dont remove it straight away what kind of damage, if any, would I be doing?

PLease note... Im Mechanically retarded

Bloody hell woman!

have you got it sorted yet val? if not, flick me a txt and i'll come up and sort it out for you... will cost you a couple of beers ;)