PDA

View Full Version : AMCC Round 1

Torque
28th November 2006, 19:10
What to say first! Paul loved his racing and fuck the shit track that pukekohe is!! I know we all know the risks in racing but since i have been on the track, Pukekohe must be one of the most dangerous of them all. I have only been to a few meets but the corner Paul crashed on seems to claim way to many victims:gob: . I am really loving my racing just like Paul was when he hit the wall but it really fucks me off ,that a digger and a few dollars could stop this sort of thing from happening. Several racers at the weekend all complained about how bad this coner was. I for one on my first race found the front of my bike bouncing around because of the bad suface, the camber the wrong way is not a help also. Shaun Harris did a couple of adjustments and my bike handled way better but i still think the track is shit.
On a good note:yes: , I really did enjoy my racing. I felt a little nervous at first because it was a while since i had raced at Puke but on the track i felt great. The more i ride the SV, the more i like it, Shaun has put a good bike together. I was a little rusty in qualifying and found it hard to get setteld and was very suprised to see jill pass me:shit: . This was like a red flag to a bull and down the back straight i tryed my best to catch Jill. She pulled away from me so i thought i would out brake her but she went around the corner and i just kept on going, ending up on the grass,fuck!!! . My first race i started on the 3rd grid,position 10th and i got a good start and endid up chasing Jill again. I could make a little gain on the corners but she just pulled away on the straights, i know she could smell me getting very close!. I finished 7th. My Second race was just after Paul had gone in and i was in quite a sombre mood but once on the track, it was all on. I had a good start and really enjoyed some close racing,finishing 4th. Well done for getting on the track and doing well after the shock of Paul crashing Jill, I am sure he was really pleased you still gave it your best shot. As for Bret catching you, he will need to stop eating the pies and chips to get a sniff of your back tyre!!! If you need a hand at the track just let me know, maybe a little surgar in the tank may slow you down. See you all on the track at the 2nd round. Cheers Rob.

Keystone19
28th November 2006, 22:35
Yep, it sure was fun racing with you Rob...I find it amazing that I was able to keep my head together. I find it even more amazing that I beat you - not once, but twice! Just thought I'd rub it in a little...:dodge:

GSVR
29th November 2006, 08:43
Running off onto the grass trying to keep up with Keystone.:lol:

Did they run a Protwins class like on the entry form?

I think if I had managed to get there I'd be finishing atleast half a lap down on you guys.

Missed you guys at Taupo and the mongrels let the motard bikes back in F3.

All the best for the Nationals Rob.

Rossi Gal
29th November 2006, 09:29
Hey well done!! sounds like they were good races!! haha :) keep up the good work!

loosebruce
29th November 2006, 11:08
Beaten by a girl :Pokey:

LOL good stuff rob, you're getting pretty handy at grass tracking then eh?
Maybe i should sell the GSXR and buy an SV, sounds like fun! :scooter:

Torque
29th November 2006, 17:14
Really enjoyed the racing Jill, roll on the next one. You should of been at Puke Gary, no motards! and we missed you at the track. Yes i got beat by a girl Bruce but a fast girl and maybe you should get an SV but i think a lttle slow for you ay! and thanks Rossi Gal, i am really looking forward to the Nationals.

Cleve
29th November 2006, 21:17
I am really loving my racing just like Paul was when he hit the wall but it really fucks me off ,that a digger and a few dollars could stop this sort of thing from happening. Several racers at the weekend all complained about how bad this coner was.

I think we need to do something about Puke. Either pressure AMCC to not race there again and to move their rounds to Taupo and/or to put all ours support and pressure behind the Hampdon Downs track.

Rossi Gal
30th November 2006, 12:42
I second that. There is no reason they cant move to another track. I just dont see why they run the risk on Puke

GSVR
30th November 2006, 13:14
I second that. There is no reason they cant move to another track. I just dont see why they run the risk on Puke

Do you see the reason why they "run the risk" at the IOM or Wanganui Boxing Day races?

Taupo has some bad corners too just hasn't been open long enough for the obvious to happen yet.

Torque
30th November 2006, 16:23
A little bit more thought on the design of our race tracks maybe, could save some nasty accidents. Having the camber the wrong way on a coner with little or no run off, I think is really stupid! Like you say Gary it's not just puke. I know it's all we have and we will continue to race at all the venues we can, I know i will, but seeing your mates hurt them selves, gets me really fucked off!!!. Maybe Hampton Downs will be a little safer if it's built. Maybe i will win lotto and can build my own track. See you guy's and girls at the next race day.

Cleve
30th November 2006, 16:50
Do you see the reason why they "run the risk" at the IOM or Wanganui Boxing Day races?

Taupo has some bad corners too just hasn't been open long enough for the obvious to happen yet.

Totally different. They are ROAD races not CIRCUIT.

There is nothing you can do about road races as you can't move buildings etc

Rossi Gal
30th November 2006, 18:08

As Cleve says, tis totally different. And anyway, the fact is Puke has had way too many BAD accidents on it and nothing has been done. Sure Taupo has some bad ones too, but I thought the disscusion was about Puke??

FROSTY
30th November 2006, 18:18
Funnilly enough a KBer was on the AMCC road race committee a couple of years back.
He suggested a cone/bale chicane be put in place to slow the "hill" down
HIS SUGGESTION WAS POPOOD BY THE POWERS THAT BE AS BEING 'too confusing"

DEATH_INC.
30th November 2006, 18:38
Gimme a d8 and a day and I'll make it 100 times safer........why can't the obvious be done?

GSVR
30th November 2006, 19:17
Totally different. They are ROAD races not CIRCUIT.

There is nothing you can do about road races as you can't move buildings etc

Your right about them being totally different at least in NZ. More serious accidents happen on the hill and something can be done about it.

I was actually thinking more along the lines of are the people that organise these meetings responsible or the riders when they sign a Disclaimer saying they accept the danger

I think most people expect the organisers to have done everthing possible to prevent riders being exposed to unnecessary risk.

EG At ever riders briefing I've attended at Taupo we get warned about the corner onto the Start finish straight but I wonder how many actually hear it and have seen the danger and what could happen if they run wide.