PDA

View Full Version : Immigration help???

GIXser
28th November 2006, 19:42
is there anyone out there, that has specific knowledge on immigration issues, preferably someone working for the immigration department" (it is relating to someone wanting to enter nz, and the best way to apply for it--
please pm me...)

elle-f
28th November 2006, 19:48
my partner is from germany and came into NZ on a work visa as a chef and then had to go through the rigmarol *sp* of getting enough points to enter which entailed........getting everything legal he had from germany translated through an immigration service which cost a bundle and then sending those to the NZQA to get things certified. while it wasnt hard - it just took a heck of a lot of time. we had to get on their case a heap!

it's easier if the person has a job to come to in NZ and that the company they work for has approval or they will not be admitted.

good luck!

The_Dover
28th November 2006, 21:00
my partner is from english but doesn't speak very good england.

they only let her in cos she flashed them her tits.

Grahameeboy
28th November 2006, 21:05

Geeze......must have been a flash!!

vixter
29th November 2006, 07:26
is there anyone out there, that has specific knowledge on immigration issues, preferably someone working for the immigration department" (it is relating to someone wanting to enter nz, and the best way to apply for it--
please pm me...)

best way is through the skilled migrant catergory its the quickest wayyou need to check on lne though if the job he is coming to is on the list otherwise its a two year stint

Matt
29th November 2006, 08:07
Yeah skilled migrant category sounds like the best plan if they have enough points to qualify (they let me in so it can't be too hard!) - try the calculator at: http://www.immigration.govt.nz/pointsindicator/

Matt

McJim
29th November 2006, 08:59
I have no formal qualifications whatsoever....I married a Kiwi to get here.

Easy way in to the country - go to one of the Walkabouts (pub franchise) in London or the Redback Tavern and pick up a New Zealander...alternatively live in Acton or Willeseden Green and they'll pick you up.

I'd never have enough points to get in to any country while they place value on tertiary education.

The_Dover
29th November 2006, 09:01
Tell them not to bother, unless they are a beneficiary.

Dilligaf
29th November 2006, 09:51
print this out and send it to them - may help them out....

Joni
29th November 2006, 10:00
Ok Seriously, if you need some help... I went through the whole process myself a couple of years ago. Im not a guru, but I do have a fairly good undertsanding of immigration procedures and what is required.

Pop me a pm and let me know what you are after - that is you you feel I can help.

SPman
29th November 2006, 15:17

Bluddy Geordies......:dodge:

SPman
29th November 2006, 15:20
Yeah skilled migrant category sounds like the best plan if they have enough points to qualify (they let me in so it can't be too hard!) - try the calculator at: http://www.immigration.govt.nz/pointsindicator/

Matt
Hey - I scored 215!

GIXser
29th November 2006, 19:44
thanks for your help guys, except for dover he's an illegal overstayer, and ive got immigration on to him,, all they have to do is put a few homing devices in a dozen pies in the south auckland area, and the''ll find em--

scracha
29th November 2006, 21:01
Hey - I scored 215!\
Beat you by 10. Being a yoof has advantages :yes:

mattp
30th November 2006, 10:51
You can have a look here: http://www.visalogic.co.uk/. They helped sort on someone I know.
Mattp