Eddieb
15th July 2004, 14:38
http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,2972941a1823,00.html

Cajun
15th July 2004, 14:49
that sounds awsome, hopeful the go ahead is given

Deano
15th July 2004, 15:09
Would like to see something like this in the Wairarapa....if only I had 20 million $$$ to spare....

White trash
15th July 2004, 15:40
Incedently, I'm in the middle

James Deuce
15th July 2004, 17:29
I just saw this and raced in to post! Looks fantastic, and I hope it happens.

DEATH_INC.
15th July 2004, 17:45
Yeah!The more the better!

k14
15th July 2004, 17:46
Damn, that would be awesome. Hope they have a good plan for getting people in there.

Kickaha
15th July 2004, 18:50
Be great if it goes ahead,still a long drive but very slightly closer to home :niceone:

But then anythings got to be better than Pukekohe.

Mongoose
15th July 2004, 18:59
Wonder what spoil-sport will attack the idea with the RMA :argh:

Bloody great idea if its pulled off :niceone:

Firefight
15th July 2004, 19:11

Well thats all very well, as long as the noise from this proposed track does not distrub the poor inmates at the new Prison which will be located nearbye. :Pokey:

F/F :blink:

Coldkiwi
16th July 2004, 13:25

Well thats all very well, as long as the noise from this proposed track does not distrub the poor inmates at the new Prison which will be located nearbye. :Pokey:

F/F :blink:

YOU LEAVE THAT TO ME :niceone:

I'd have double glazing on that prison so fast it'd make your tyres spin :sunny:

an undulating circuit would be great. NZ doesn't really have any decent hills on its circuits does it? pukekohes hill barely counts because the rest is so flat

Posh Tourer :P
16th July 2004, 17:55
Bloody great idea!!

I've been saying we need a Bathurst for aaaages... never thought it would happen though.... 3.8km too.. a decent length.... phew!!!

Kickaha
16th July 2004, 19:56
:

an undulating circuit would be great. NZ doesn't really have any decent hills on its circuits does it? pukekohes hill barely counts because the rest is so flat

NZ doesn't have any hills on its circuits is because the regulations only allow the circuit to follow natural terrain so they need to build this circuit around some bloody big hills.,when the dipper at Ruapuna was built the original idea was to build a hill coming out of it,this wasn't allowed for the "natural terrain " reasons

Hoon
3rd August 2004, 11:27
Another article about this with a lot more info!!

http://xtramsn.co.nz/motoring/0,,6304-3545474,00.html

Sounds like the people doing it are pretty switched on management wise and not just a bunch of backyard grease monkeys with a fantasy.

Late 2006 hopefully!!!!

k14
3rd August 2004, 12:10
Yeah, it does sound very promising. But I think they are a little optmistic about getting a F1 race. That will never happen over here. Maybe get a world superbike race, but can't see them getting any of the top level motorsport events here, we just dont have enough people. Probably not even enough to get the superbikes.

At the moment I think the biggest thing we will get would be the V8's from auzzie. Might be able to get a round of auzzie superbikes if we are lucky. What else is there? I can't think of anything.

James Deuce
3rd August 2004, 12:41
Yeah, it does sound very promising. But I think they are a little optmistic about getting a F1 race. That will never happen over here. Maybe get a world superbike race, but can't see them getting any of the top level motorsport events here, we just dont have enough people. Probably not even enough to get the superbikes.

At the moment I think the biggest thing we will get would be the V8's from auzzie. Might be able to get a round of auzzie superbikes if we are lucky. What else is there? I can't think of anything.

It's not about people attending the race, it's about how much the circuit owners are prepared to pay the series organiser for the rights to run a race. The series owner could care less if no one turns up on race day, so long as they get their event money, and television coverage with its advertising revenue potential.

k14
3rd August 2004, 12:48
It's not about people attending the race, it's about how much the circuit owners are prepared to pay the series organiser for the rights to run a race. The series owner could care less if no one turns up on race day, so long as they get their event money, and television coverage with its advertising revenue potential.

Yeah and the main way the circuit owners are going to pay for that is by gate sales. I doubt that they could pay the multi million dollar price tag on a F1 round. But lets be optomistic, it could happen.

James Deuce
3rd August 2004, 12:53
Yeah and the main way the circuit owners are going to pay for that is by gate sales. I doubt that they could pay the multi million dollar price tag on a F1 round. But lets be optomistic, it could happen.

It would be a sad businessman who relied on gate sales to pay for a motor racing event, criminally incompetent would be more like it. It's why the BRDC has so much trouble keeping the Silverstone round of F1, as they aren't left with enough money to develop the circuit and facilities. Middle-Eastern and Asian governments have stumped up large amounts of money to secure F1 rounds, and with the current NZ government budget surplus, we could definitely afford a round. But we all know THAT won't happen.

Hoon
3rd August 2004, 14:00
Yeah the F1 spin is just media hype to generate interest. But having the track to do it is one big step closer. Definately not in 2006/2007 but maybe 5-10 years down the line F1 could be a possibility.

However I'm more interested in this track from a racers perspective not a spectator so I'm not too fussed if theres F1 or not. I'm just hanging out for a better local track to race on woohoo!!!!

Two Smoker
3rd August 2004, 14:21
oooooooh man thats going to be awesome, i can't wait..... just imagine exiting corner whilst going over crests getting the front wheel light or even airbourne..... mmmmmmmmm airbourne....

wkid_one
3rd August 2004, 18:24
Remember tho that Bathurst is actually a private road when it isn't being used as a race track - so it serves more than one purpose.

Bugger Bathurst - I would want a copy of Laguna Seca - now that is a track!

And the Deep Forest Long Track from GT3

Kickaha
3rd August 2004, 18:59
Remember tho that Bathurst is actually a private road when it isn't being used as a race track - so it serves more than one purpose.

Bugger Bathurst - I would want a copy of Laguna Seca - now that is a track!

And the Deep Forest Long Track from GT3

Pah pussy tracks the both of them :moon:

Bring back the old Nurburgring http://www.nurburgring.org.uk/

Two Smoker
3rd August 2004, 20:33
hell yes!!!! you gotta love those 8 minute laps LOL.....

Drunken Monkey
3rd August 2004, 22:22
How long do you think it would take you to ride the RG150 round, TS?

Two Smoker
4th August 2004, 17:49
7 minutes 59 :shifty:

LOL, not a clue, but wouldnt mind giving it ago, i would estimate the high 8 mins....

FROSTY
5th August 2004, 18:25
It would be so cool if we had some serious elevation changes -and like 2 circuits so club racing is cheaper and.....
Well we will just have to see wont we.