PDA

View Full Version : Tyres

Disco Dan
29th November 2006, 08:00
I know this must have been done before, but for past 8 months I have been riding my ZZR I never checked the tyre pressures... naughty i know.

Well i wasnt sure what they should be etc etc

Yesterday when I was at cycletreads...

(that ramp is dangerous to newbies... i almost dropped it three times going up it and down!! hate it! what a stupid idea :sick: )

...i asked them what they should be... but i forgot :( i think he said 34/38 ??

well i get to the petrol station and tap in 34 on the dial to do the front... 28 psi.. yikes.. and then the rear... 19 psi FLIP! no wonder it was feeling weird :gob: ...how dangerous is too low a pressure??? was i asking for death at 19psi?

The_Dover
29th November 2006, 08:02
so you're not just desperate, you're retarded and mechanically inept too?

Cajun
29th November 2006, 08:06
34/38 seams hard, espically on the rear
i would be looking a

Disco Dan
29th November 2006, 08:08
so you're not just desperate, you're retarded and mechanically inept too?

What? You lost your pink handbag? :dodge:

Disco Dan
29th November 2006, 08:09
34/38 seams hard, espically on the rear
i would be looking a

I put in 36 on the rear... felt sooo much better than 19psi that was in there!! hehehe

mynameis
5th December 2006, 15:24
Disco Dan, what size tyres are you running on ? It definitely can't be 34/38 ZXR 250's which have 110 in front and 140 rear run on 34/36.

I think your's would be 110 front and 130 rear in that case it's 30/32. But check it out on manufacturers sites?

mynameis

crashe
5th December 2006, 15:29
The way that I understand it is that if they are too flat.... you will run wide on corners.... well thats what I have been told...... and when that happens to me off I go and get some air back in them.... especialy if I too havent checked the tyres for a little while.... its one of those wee maintainence things we must do and check on our bikes as well as many other things.

(thanks always to Kerry at Motohaus for pumping them up for me)

carver
5th December 2006, 15:32
I know this must have been done before, but for past 8 months I have been riding my ZZR I never checked the tyre pressures... naughty i know.

Well i wasnt sure what they should be etc etc

Yesterday when I was at cycletreads...

(that ramp is dangerous to newbies... i almost dropped it three times going up it and down!! hate it! what a stupid idea :sick: )

...i asked them what they should be... but i forgot :( i think he said 34/38 ??

well i get to the petrol station and tap in 34 on the dial to do the front... 28 psi.. yikes.. and then the rear... 19 psi FLIP! no wonder it was feeling weird :gob: ...how dangerous is too low a pressure??? was i asking for death at 19psi?

try zero on the front, then riding 20 twisty k's!
that is dangerous!

Ixion
5th December 2006, 15:33
19psi is not a bad pressure, for gravel.

How could you nearly drop a bike on Cycletreads' ramp? At the bottom you squirt, then brake. At the top, just roll down. how hard can it be ?

The Stranger
5th December 2006, 15:34
I put in 36 on the rear... felt sooo much better than 19psi that was in there!! hehehe

Shit man, you need a slap round the ears.
I bloody pointed out to you that needed sorting a long time before this thread.

Finn
5th December 2006, 15:35
19psi is not a bad pressure, for gravel.

How could you nearly drop a bike on Cycletreads' ramp? At the bottom you squirt, then brake. At the top, just roll down. how hard can it be ?

Maybe he's using the stairs.

Disco Dan
5th December 2006, 15:42
yeah...... naughty i know :innocent:

They are sorted now - i think... well their inflated more than they were..:innocent:

Front tyre is a Dunlop Arrowmax GT 501F 100/80-17
Rear Tyre is a Dunlop Arrowmax GT 501 140/70-17

Flob knows what all that means....

Disco Dan
5th December 2006, 15:46

Well i followed kittyhawk there and had never known about the place. She went zooming throough the doorway and up the ramp... i thought 'cool a ramp' ...went zooming up after her and just about filled my pants when i saw a line of bikes parked up in front of me at the top... just had enough time to turn and skid to a stop.. missing kitthawks bike by about an inch... was at this strange angle and holding weight of bike on my foot at about 45 degrees... she grabbed the bars and pulled me up! :innocent:

going down? well how the smeg did i know someone else was coming UP the ramp?

Dont like that place :( will avoid it!! dont like that ramp!!

mynameis
5th December 2006, 15:49
yeah...... naughty i know :innocent:

They are sorted now - i think... well their inflated more than they were..:innocent:

Front tyre is a Dunlop Arrowmax GT 501F 100/80-17
Rear Tyre is a Dunlop Arrowmax GT 501 140/70-17

Flob knows what all that means....

You might also be running on wrong profile tyres on that ZZR, and you wonder why you can get up that ramp!

Lol..do some research mate, from memory I think you have to be on 110 in front and 130 at back!

But I could be wrong? Anyone with a ZZR out there or GPX, think they take the same tyres?

mynameis

Disco Dan
5th December 2006, 15:52
That ramp hates me. I hate it. mutual. will go to Red Baron and try not to knock over another goldwing at the front of their shop when i park my bike...

Cheers mate, will start the google engine running...

crashe
5th December 2006, 15:57
That ramp hates me. I hate it. mutual. will go to Red Baron and try not to knock over another goldwing at the front of their shop when i park my bike...

Cheers mate, will start the google engine running...

or go and see

Kerry at Motohaus.
6 Western Springs Road
Kingsland.

Disco Dan
5th December 2006, 16:00
Cheers CRASHE, will go and have a goozie :yes:

Cajun
6th December 2006, 15:41
zzr250 tire size (gpx as 16" rims i think from my bad memory not 17")
Front Tyre Size 3.00 x 17” (3" wide rim, 17" tall)/ 100/80 17” (100 wide, 80 tall, 17" rim)
Rear Tyre Size 4.00 x 17” (4" wide rim, 17" tall)/ 140/70 17” (140 wide, 70 tall, 17" rim)

Personally when i was running my zzr250 i was using 130 rears, made it turn in heaps quicker.

Best tires i had were bt45s i think it was(going back about 6 years ago now)