PDA

View Full Version : dr400 carb on a gn

FilthyLuka
29th November 2006, 09:24
Okay. exams are over and its time for a new attempt at useless upgrades that keep me busy. I just mounted a slashcut (removable bafflle :shifty: ) shotgun shorty muffler on the ginny (thankyou motomail) and bogged that fool up with mainseal (aint gonna take the baffle out, it hurts my ears with the baffle in :done: ). Yukie black color and it looks like someone sick took a dump on my downpipe and slid a muffler on :( ahwell, it seals well and doesnt stand out too much (will get pics soon). A friend of mine has an eighties (88 i think) dr400 thats rooted and wont get fixed... So a wreck. Now me being the crazy bald croatian that i am, i wanna mount his carb to my gn (after rejetting it appropriately) so i can get some more ponies (okay, pony).

Is it possible? should just take the place of the old carb shouldnt it? i aint gonna need to do anything silly like machine brackets and such am i?

Denis

oh one more question! where can i get new jets from?

MSTRS
29th November 2006, 09:43
Waste of time. At the least you'd have to open out the inlet port in the head. If the carb is a slip-on type, you will need to machine a new connecting manifold. If bolt-on, chances are that bolt spacing will not suit, so you will need to machine some sort of adaptor plate.
As for performance increase - if done properly, you could expect a reasonable increase in HP, until the poor old underperforming GN motor gave up under the strain.

FilthyLuka
29th November 2006, 09:51
lame... well, guess i better go buy a bigger bike then

WRT
29th November 2006, 10:24
Bah, just drop the whole engine in there so you got a GN400

FilthyLuka
29th November 2006, 11:46
i kinda want to keep the thing on the road... so putting the whole engine in is outta the question