PDA

View Full Version : Bloody Cops

The Stranger
29th November 2006, 13:24
I have been a member here for nearly 18 months and been on heaps of KB rides. Met some bloody awesome people from all walks of life, except one.

When am I going to meet one of our KB cops on a ride?
I'm beginning to think none of them actually ride.

The_Dover
29th November 2006, 13:25

I met one on a ride once.

Shame the cunt wasn't invited.

Doing the coro loop at legal speeds? You'd have to stay overnight someplace...

The Stranger
29th November 2006, 13:30
Doing the coro loop at legal speeds? You'd have to stay overnight someplace...

You think cops don't like a bit of speed?

Probably like going fast too.

You think cops don't like a bit of speed?

Probably like going fast too.

Well yeh, but everyone else would slow right down eh... either that or the cops'll have to give us a 5 minute head start ;)

crashe
29th November 2006, 13:35
I'm beginning to think none of them actually ride.

I have meet two of the KB cops on rides.

One copper works in the city in a copcar but rides bikes.... (Dyn.........50)
Been on a KB group ride with him. He was on the Charlie Boorman ride with us.
I have also ridden on a short ride with Nodman..... albeit to a funeral but it was a short ride. He also showed up at the pub on the Thursday Nnight ride, just before his Carpel tunnel op.

Last Thursday night ride we also had 2 ex cops on the ride with us.

So they are out there on the rides but just dont make it widely known as to who they are.

Fatjim
29th November 2006, 13:41
And unlike Downs syndromers, their not particularly obvious when not in uniform.

No offense to people suffering from or related to hither to sufferers by comparing them to police officers.

The Stranger
29th November 2006, 13:45
And unlike Downs syndromers, their not particularly obvious when not in uniform.

Do people with Downs syndrome usually wear a uniform?

Doh, must read post before I reply.

marty
29th November 2006, 13:48
herin lies the 'problem' with being a cop. imagine going on a coro loop at usual KB pace. how long would the bells of double standards ring in their ears? i never went on KB rides when i was a cop cause i couldn't be fucked with the hassles i got when i did 111km/h. even after i left i got the 'ooh you're an ex-cop - you should know better' min fact - i still get that.

bugjuice
29th November 2006, 13:51
I've ridden with a cop on Quasi's national park ride last year. Didn't know he was a cop until a few days after we got back. Ridden with a few actually. I haven't got any issues.. just a job..

The good cunts know when a job is a job, not a passion. And that's not a stab at any cop at all. It's just some take off the job when they take off the uniform. We're all human

Disco Dan
29th November 2006, 13:51
Last Thursday night ride we also had 2 ex cops on the ride with us.

So they are out there on the rides but just dont make it widely known as to who they are.

really? far out.. I guess I would not advertise it either! Get heaps of annoying questions, and the conversation would be very limited!

Be choice chatting to them though, come say hi to me on the next ride! hehe

MSTRS
29th November 2006, 13:59
I rode with a cop once. Didn't know he was until months later. He kinda challenged me to a drag (him on GSF600, me on GSXR1100 - go figure). Needless to say, he was left behind immediately. His tongue was drooling when he said "That thing is effortless...how fast did you get to?" and when I told him, he said "Gotta get me something bigger, methinks".
He's on a hot TL now.

Dooly
29th November 2006, 14:06
I know a cop here locally, used to go on rides years ago with him.
Saw him for the first time for ages the other day.
All he could talk about was how he saw 300kph on his speedo on his GSXR1000:yes:
Had a rant about highway patrol cops being wankers too.

The Stranger
29th November 2006, 14:08
herin lies the 'problem' with being a cop. imagine going on a coro loop at usual KB pace. how long would the bells of double standards ring in their ears? i never went on KB rides when i was a cop cause i couldn't be fucked with the hassles i got when i did 111km/h. even after i left i got the 'ooh you're an ex-cop - you should know better' min fact - i still get that.

I really don't see the double standard to which you refer marty. Care to explain please?

Not arguing or nothing, just I don't see it that way is all.

Motu
29th November 2006, 14:32
I have ridden Coromandel with a Cop who is a member of this site,he was damn hard to keep in sight.He knows who is on duty and where,it's easy really.

McJim
29th November 2006, 14:45
I've had a few decent conversations with the police here via PM..I'll have a sporting go form time to time on the odd subject but that's just the fun of KB...

And Scumdog is just too farken funny sometimes!

I think my tendancy to play devil's advocate too often might have led some to believe I'm a cop hater which isn't true (Never been charged or even stopped by police in about 20 years)

I wonder if we'd be able to arrange a cops run? We could all meet them and then chase them along SH16 for a laff.

The_Dover
29th November 2006, 14:50
good idea, if I go fast enough I might get myself a new home. rent free and with three free meals a day.

might be a bit of a bitch trying to get to work tho.

DMNTD
29th November 2006, 14:50
I've invited a certain KB cop along on a few rides/party as he seems to be a real/decent bloke etc.
Think I know where Marty is coming from but as mentioned earlier....give us,well some of us a slight head start and the good ol' "see no evil..." should work.

marty
29th November 2006, 14:55
it's just one of things that you have when you're apparantly on duty 24/7. 'here's my mate marty - he's a cop, but don't let that worry you'. then you all go riding, ride a bit quick, it gets posted on here, gets back to their boss, they get accused of double standards - 'how can you do 200km/h then write out tickets for 111?' it gets a little tiring, so cops tend to ride either on their own or with other cops - it's a bit like going to the pub with a cop 'here's my mate marty - he's a cop, so don't do anything wrong!' usually said jokingly, but the underlying tone is still there. that's why most stations have police bars for drinking at - although that's more to stop cops getting into fights :)

McJim
29th November 2006, 14:59
'how can you do 200km/h then write out tickets for 111?' :)

Ahhh see - it's not so hard to avoid double standards...just dont write out tickets for 111kph any more - problem solved.

The Stranger
29th November 2006, 15:27
it's just one of things that you have when you're apparantly on duty 24/7. 'here's my mate marty - he's a cop, but don't let that worry you'. then you all go riding, ride a bit quick, it gets posted on here, gets back to their boss, they get accused of double standards - 'how can you do 200km/h then write out tickets for 111?' it gets a little tiring, so cops tend to ride either on their own or with other cops - it's a bit like going to the pub with a cop 'here's my mate marty - he's a cop, so don't do anything wrong!' usually said jokingly, but the underlying tone is still there. that's why most stations have police bars for drinking at - although that's more to stop cops getting into fights :)

Yeah, ok, I see where you are coming from. But you would be surprised at the amount of stuff which doesn't get posted on here. That is to say, a LOT of people here do know when to shut up. Mostly when beans are spilt it is with the aid of the person involved.

As for doing 200k when you hand out tickets for 111k that isn't a double standard. I believe most here do actually accept that you don't make the laws, you enforce them. Most of the "cop bashing" threads, if you look at them, are not so much beating up on the cops, as people getting pissed at the law or the way cops are directed to enforce it. Sure some get a raw deal from a cop now and then, life's not fair, they'll get over it.

Meh, ok I tried. Met Dynamytus in Ponsonby one day seems like a good guy. Ride heaps with an ex cop, he's an excellent guy (subject usually only comes up in reference to his rider training). Just think why should there be any alienation?

marty
29th November 2006, 15:32
Ahhh see - it's not so hard to avoid double standards...just dont write out tickets for 111kph any more - problem solved.

i didn't. or for bikers.

scumdog
29th November 2006, 16:17

It's SOOO true, get it all the time "here's scummy - watch it, he's a cop haha"
and at times it wears a bit thin but you grin and bear it (but at times ya think "what a ferkin' jerk")

How often do you go to a part/bike rally whatever and hear somebody being introduced as "Meet Bill, he's a pox-doctor/plumber/proctotologist" or whatever??

And the other one that gets me is "Hey, you can't do that - you're a cop" me: "Yeah, well just watch sunshine"

And some people forget I wasn't ALWAYS a cop.

End of rant.

For the moment.

marty
29th November 2006, 16:20
for the most part, people do realise that cops only enforce, not make the rules, but with the nature and personal attacks of some of the cop bashing threads on here, i think that those cops that do ride withother kbers do so without identifying their occupation, or they choose who they ride with very carefully. there's a couple on here i wouldn't ride with as an ex cop (let alone even meet them) , having read some of the stuff they have posted about their opinions and feelings tpowards police officers

Disco Dan
29th November 2006, 16:22
Nodman often joins us on rides, particuly the ATNR, you probably just dont know it. As per Marty's comments, they dont exactly hold up a sign on their arrival.

exactly, who actually knows what half the people on the rides actually do for a job??? Only when you sit at the pub and have a yarn and actually get to know people would you find out...

any guesses for what I do? well used to do.. I looked after people with serious brain injuries, as well as mentally disabled people, as well as teaching in a special needs school. ...bet no-one would have thought that ay?

People tend to think I can 'diagnose' their fricking kids (you would be surprised) and teach them etc etc... drives ME nuts LOL

If I was a cop, i wouldnt advertise it either.

Would like to meet and have a yarn though... would re-inforce/remove any misconceptions i may/may not have.

Qkchk
29th November 2006, 16:22
I've ridden with a cop on Quasi's national park ride last year. Didn't know he was a cop until a few days after we got back.

The good cunts know when a job is a job, not a passion. And that's not a stab at an cop at all. It's just some take off the job when they take off the uniform. We're all human

Too righty Buggy...........:yes:

marty
29th November 2006, 16:31
absolutley - I took off my uniform outside of work (until something happens liike a crash or assault or theft etc and everyone says - 'you're a cop - do something about it!' or they get a ticket and want to know the 73 secrets to getting off it, or worse, they get a ticket and complain to the ticket writer that 'my mate who's a cop was riding with me' ). in my 15 years policing experience, especially your friends and family, have difficulty taking the uniform off the person

The Stranger
29th November 2006, 16:31
any guesses for what I do? well used to do.. I looked after people with serious brain injuries, as well as mentally disabled people, as well as teaching in a special needs school. ...bet no-one would have thought that ay?

Must resist! Must resist!

Grahameeboy
29th November 2006, 16:42
I ride with a few people off here, one in particular who has helpled me dramatically improve my riding as well as trust me with his bike.

I dont ride like a nutter though i do enjoy riding my bike in a spirited fashion.

If i got caught speeding i wouldnt bitch and wine about it cause i know it was my choice and I know the rules and that i don't own the road.

Think the best motto i have is if you dont hassle my riding i wont hassle yours.

I do shy away from most KB events though.

Way see it is that you are off duty so not a cop...I mean take Speedie, he knows the pitfalls of going too fast from his job...sorry not saying you hoon Speedie....so we all have to have a life eh.......

Grahameeboy
29th November 2006, 16:43
absolutley - I took off my uniform outside of work (until something happens liike a crash or assault or theft etc and everyone says - 'you're a cop - do something about it!' or they get a ticket and want to know the 73 secrets to getting off it, or worse, they get a ticket and complain to the ticket writer that 'my mate who's a cop was riding with me' ). in my 15 years policing experience, especially your friends and family, have difficulty taking the uniform off the person

I don't have a uniform phobia......shame some do eh?

James Deuce
29th November 2006, 16:45

No offense to people suffering from or related to hither to sufferers by comparing them to police officers.

Don't sweat it mate. You're fat after all.

Ixion
29th November 2006, 16:47
,,especially your friends and family, have difficulty taking the uniform off the person

If you're a chicky cop your friends maybe don't such so much trouble taking your uniform off you ? Well, one would hope they were friends anyway.

Why don't we have any chicky cop members?

Maha
29th November 2006, 16:47
If I was a cop, i wouldnt advertise it either.

Was talking to an ex cop a few weeks back, he hated going to party's with his G/F cos' as soon as people found out he was a cop, their attitude changed, he would introduced ''this is Shane'' hes a cop!
People dont introduce me to others as, ''this is Mark'' hes a vinyl layer!
He even had a guy come up to him at a party and say ''what would you do if smoke this joint in front of ya''?....:doobey:
Shane said....cops can do with out the shit when people find out they are cops....:done:

marty
29th November 2006, 16:49
He even had a guy come up to him at a party and say ''what would you do if smoke this joint in front of ya''?....:doobey:

bingo......

and if someone showed me that little respect while i was off duty, then they would probably have found themselves getting a door knock at a time terribly inconvenient to them

And the other one that gets me is "Hey, you can't do that - you're a cop" me: "Yeah, well just watch sunshine"

Only cops call people 'sunshine'... that's the dead giveaway.

Disco Dan
29th November 2006, 16:59

Go on then, i can take it :yes: hahaha

HenryDorsetCase
29th November 2006, 17:01
I really like talking with cops about their jobs.... I met this dude at a family function who whas a K9 guy, and another who was his brother in law who was an HP guy: both decent guys with excellent senses of humour... some very strange and funny things happen to these guys in their working lives...

firemen have interesting jobs also: this guy had us in stitches one night: He set an orange on fire (bloody cool that), and then told us a funny stories about stuff he'd seen on the job. It made me glad that there a people who do this stuff, because I know for sure I couldnt cope with it.

sfunny also I get a bit of "oh you're a lawyer how do I get off this speeding ticket/charge/whatever" Its always a field I know nothing about.... I tell them that I have no clue, I dont do that sort of work, but I can refer them on if necessary....

The Stranger
29th November 2006, 17:04
thats exactly right, people sure do treat you differently as well.

Look stop your winging! At least you're not a parking warden or tax inspector. Spare a thought for those poor bastards.

And look on the bright side. Some chicks dig a guy in uniform, and/or with handcuffs.

sfunny also I get a bit of "oh you're a lawyer how do I get off this speeding ticket/charge/whatever" Its always a field I know nothing about.... I tell them that I have no clue, I dont do that sort of work, but I can refer them on if necessary....

Obviously not a very good lawyer then...

Maha
29th November 2006, 17:27
Some chicks dig a guy in uniform, and/or with handcuffs.

Anne and i went to Theme party once....was an 'F' party so we went as the 'FUZZ'....and i must say, wearing handcuffs/sheriffs badge/dark sunnys/gun and a rather sturdy truncheon was not an unpleasent experiance.....:Police: :blip:

Disco Dan
29th November 2006, 17:32
Since the recent police-rape allegations there have been a some sexual complaints made against young policemen which have turned out to be fabricated. You have to be so careful these days.

just look at male teachers - similar issues. When I work in the classroom, I have to make sure im never alone with a student - for my own safety. Its a sad reality that there are people that abuse their privilages, but at the expense of everyone else? shouldnt be happining.

scumdog
29th November 2006, 17:33

Watchit sunshine - just watchit!

I've often used it for years - less provocative the 'arsehole' I find.

Edbear
29th November 2006, 17:39

Isn't he doin' well, so far...?

Ixion
29th November 2006, 17:39
You're just a softie you are. Hard case cops call them "moonshine". Like sunshine, but less bright.

The_Dover
29th November 2006, 17:40
just look at male teachers - similar issues. When I work in the classroom, I have to make sure im never alone with a student - for my own safety. Its a sad reality that there are people that abuse their privilages, but at the expense of everyone else? shouldnt be happining.

bullshit it's for theirs you desperate pervert.

When I work in the classroom, I have to make sure im never alone with a student - for my own safety.

But when you drive them home in the car it's all good right?

Disco Dan
29th November 2006, 17:45
bullshit it's for theirs you desperate pervert.

and theirs.. yes. Mostly my safety though.

little billy crying in cloak room... Mr Teacher walks in and kneeling down talking to little billy... Mrs Teacher walk round corner... looks bad to her despite being innocent... = court case. It happens.

Mom
29th November 2006, 19:09
I have ridden Coromandel with a Cop who is a member of this site,he was damn hard to keep in sight.He knows who is on duty and where,it's easy really.

And he knows to trust you not to say who he is.......

I imagine that being a cop that loves riding fast takes a big risk in our politically correct society doing the "Coro GP" faster than legal posted speed limits..........damn shame really......I have met a few officers of the law socially.......great guys.....but sick of not being able to be themselves for fear of "talk"

What a terrible thang not to be able to socialise outside of work!!!!!!!!!!

:done:

Mom
29th November 2006, 19:19
You dont want that guy hes a cunt.:kick:

:dodge: I thought we were all mates around here..........LOL

Da Bird
3rd December 2006, 20:54
My girlfriend was invited to a 21st on the condition that "the cop didn't come"... think there was a bit of dope smoking that was going to be going on.

Wasn't a party that I was interested in going to anyway but the job can be hard on partners as well sometimes.

Toaster
3rd December 2006, 21:13
i couldn't be fucked with the hassles i got when i did 111km/h. even after i left i got the 'ooh you're an ex-cop - you should know better' min fact - i still get that.

I agree Marty - it sucks!

Toaster
3rd December 2006, 21:16
Watchit sunshine - just watchit!

I've often used it for years - less provocative the 'arsehole' I find.

Nice one Scumdog.... worked for me too.

Toaster
3rd December 2006, 21:18
Wasn't a party that I was interested in going to anyway but the job can be hard on partners as well sometimes.

It certainly can! I must say it's a lot better now I have moved back to the private sector. All the best mate.

The Stranger
5th December 2006, 13:08

Hey, we've all seen the adds, only reason we don't is we don't want to have to put up with all the boring work stories.

LilSel
5th December 2006, 13:28
Fastest I've ever been on land was pillion with uniformed ex. :done:
Normal people like everyone else

KLOWN
5th December 2006, 13:50
a friends fiancee (sp?) is a cop and I have chatted with him a few times, I have lost my licence 2 times now and when he found out he told me all about the shit he got up to when he was younger and told me if he hand't had a feild to thrash his cars in when he was younger he would've lost his licence too. Aswel as growing weed and producing oil. A real good guy. I have had many bad experiences with the police including being smacked in the back of the head and kicked by a uniformed police officer in an unprovoked attack but I have no problem being friends with cops. If I speed and get caught its my fault no one elses!

LilSel
5th December 2006, 13:54
If I speed and get caught its my fault no one elses!

:yes: well said

ManDownUnder
5th December 2006, 14:09
Hey, we've all seen the adds, only reason we don't is we don't want to have to put up with all the boring work stories.

Shame - coz I sell Software... no...

... hang about... I see your point.

Patrick
5th December 2006, 14:18
Getting to know a few KBers down these parts, many know what I do, they also know what I am like, so things are fine... I can be myself and so can they.

Been on a few KB rides (Whangamomona pub, Easter Egg Run, the Quasi lamb sammy run from here to Te Kuiti and back to Awakino do... yum!, just to name a few) and only seen some minor "silly" stuff... but nothing to get worked up over.

I don't do 111 tickets...Do I speed? Yep...

Do I get tickets? Yep... Do I care? I don't like it, but who does... but life is too short to get upset over the little stuff...

Do I give advice for those seeking it on here? Hell Yeah....

Those who hate me for being a cop without knowing me? Pfftttt.... who cares....might hunt them down and ticket em for 111.... (Tui moment P/T...)

SwanTiger
5th December 2006, 14:27

People tend to think I can 'diagnose' their fricking kids (you would be surprised) and teach them etc etc... drives ME nuts LOL
Do you think you can help Mark?

Speak your mind! You'll only get abused and rediculed.

No, my hairdresser called me Sunshine the other day. Perhaps he thinks I'm an arsehole?

Yeah some chicks still do dig, these days though if i was still on the prow i wouldnt be letting the chick know that i was a cop. Since the recent police-rape allegations there have been a some sexual complaints made against young policemen which have turned out to be fabricated. You have to be so careful these days.
How many complaints have been laid against you?

The_Dover
5th December 2006, 14:29
Shame - coz I sell Software... no...

... hang about... I see your point.

erm, just cos porn comes on DVD does that technically means it's "software"?

Getting to know a few KBers down these parts, many know what I do, they also know what I am like, so things are fine... I can be myself and so can they.

Been on a few KB rides (Whangamomona pub, Easter Egg Run, the Quasi lamb sammy run from here to Te Kuiti and back to Awakino do... yum!, just to name a few) and only seen some minor "silly" stuff... but nothing to get worked up over.

I don't do 111 tickets...Do I speed? Yep...

Do I get tickets? Yep... Do I care? I don't like it, but who does... but life is too short to get upset over the little stuff...

Do I give advice for those seeking it on here? Hell Yeah....

Those who hate me for being a cop without knowing me? Pfftttt.... who cares....might hunt them down and ticket em for 111.... (Tui moment P/T...)

I thought I could smell bacon, you didn't introduce your self paddy.

ManDownUnder
5th December 2006, 14:32
erm, just cos porn comes on DVD does that technically means it's "software"?

Na - that's a firmware/upgrade...

Disco Dan
5th December 2006, 14:34
Do you think you can help Mark?

Its a long road.... ....upto my eyeballs in people wanting to lean on my shoulder... I need to grow at least six more.... he's on my list... :yes:

Patrick
5th December 2006, 14:36

Yeah, that was me brekky... Mrs cooked me sum eggs too... Which ride were you on, that we didn't meet?

Disco Dan
5th December 2006, 14:39
Just thought i'd share this with you all...

...I just dropped my biscuit in my cup of tea.

:done:

The_Dover
5th December 2006, 14:39
the awakino ride.

I was the one with the stolen sheep on the back of my gixxer.

Patrick
5th December 2006, 15:13
So you're not the one who won the very gay looking black beret/cap thingie? Bloody great lamb sammies too... does this mean I am in the shite for receiving stolen goods?

The_Dover
5th December 2006, 15:15
no, and Maurice was gutted when I had to break it to him that I missed out on the leather cap.

I hear Quasi has some nice tassled chaps in stock now though and Christmas IS cumming.....

Patrick
5th December 2006, 15:19
no, and Maurice was gutted when I had to break it to him that I missed out on the leather cap.

I hear Quasi has some nice tassled chaps in stock now though and Christmas IS cumming.....

Maurice will be happy with ya after all then?

Patrick
5th December 2006, 15:22
the awakino ride.

I was the one with the stolen sheep on the back of my gixxer.

Shagged it to death I assume? I thought there was something funny about the special sauce.

ManDownUnder
5th December 2006, 15:25

We talking the second cumming here?

SPman
5th December 2006, 16:20

You haven't been out with Scott (Sensei) and his mates then......

scumdog
5th December 2006, 18:38

Jeez Wayne!!
HOW long have you been on this forum????????

I bet a whole squadron would get over YOUR head eh?

scumdog
5th December 2006, 18:41

Shee-it!
Tassled cahps eh?
How much???:wait:

The_Dover
5th December 2006, 19:53
Jeez Wayne!!
HOW long have you been on this forum????????

I bet a whole squadron would get over YOUR head eh?

i was told pigs are just normal people that smell a bit funny.

it would hardly have been fair to go around sniffing about 100 bikers would it?

scumdog
5th December 2006, 20:42
i was told pigs are just normal people that smell a bit funny.

it would hardly have been fair to go around sniffing about 100 bikers would it?

Fair call - but I picked it up just by reading the threads on this forum.

The_Dover
5th December 2006, 20:43
i know.

lucky I bought that cheap degree on ebay. otherwise I might have to have listened at school.

Biff
5th December 2006, 22:44
I was stopped by a chick cop a coupla months ago - my WOF had expired. Oops - genuine oversight. She gave me 5 days to sort it. Fairy snuff. Thanks.

A few days later one of my neighbours ,also a cop, joined me in my garage for a tinnie while I was fiddling with the Biffbird. He told me that he'd been chatting with a chicky cop he worked with over a brew, and she'd told him about 'a really cute biker on a big black bike' she'd stopped. Apparently this guy has 'dreamy eyes'. He checked the rego. Twas I.

Now I need a new fkin helmet, coz my bonce wont fit in my current one any more.

I like cops. Great taste. Apart from SD. I mean....tassles......FFS?!

Do mere mortals have to undergo eyesight tests before being elevated to the status of cops these days?

Grub
5th December 2006, 23:03
I commute *against* the traffic Porirua to Parparumu every morning at around 07:15. There is a cop commuting going the other way into town (you know who you are). I wave to him EVERY morning ... one day he'll crack and wave back.

Oh BTW, I wave to everyone, even hogs n scooters. Get back most of hem.

Brett

Patrick
6th December 2006, 08:29
You haven't been out with Scott (Sensei) and his mates then......

He is usually the organiser of such outings... and leaves us behind... for some reason...

scumdog
6th December 2006, 09:30
I like cops. Great taste. Apart from SD. I mean....tassles......FFS?!

The jealousy will consume you grasshopper....relent and buy some, go on, you know you want tassles too.:yes: :dodge:

ManDownUnder
6th December 2006, 09:59
The jealousy will consume you grasshopper....relent and buy some, go on, you know you want tassles too.:yes: :dodge:

Bugger jealously, I think he wants the chicky cop to have 'im...

Biff
7th December 2006, 22:00
The jealousy will consume you grasshopper....relent and buy some, go on, you know you want tassles too.

Ok... you've got me, providing they some with one of those free moustachios you glue on every morning.