PDA

View Full Version : WOF & Rego flogged

Bombus
29th November 2006, 19:13
I just noticed today that some arse ripped my rego and warrant off the bottom of the plate, leaving a hole where they were bolted on. Is there anything 'useful' you can do about this?...or is it just a bureaucratic nightmare best ignored until you know you're due another one "Sorry officer, some arse must have ripped it off, didn't notice until you pointed it out.."

MattRSK
29th November 2006, 19:14
I just noticed today that some arse ripped my rego and warrant off the bottom of the plate, leaving a hole where they were bolted on. Is there anything 'useful' you can do about this?...or is it just a bureaucratic nightmare best ignored until you know you're due another one "Sorry officer, some arse must have ripped it off, didn't notice until you pointed it out.."

Same thing has just happened to me.

classic zed
30th November 2006, 13:48
I keep my Wof and Rego under the seat for that very reason

bistard
30th November 2006, 13:56
We had alot of issues with the aluminium bracket that holds the rego on,vibrated & tore a hole in the number plate,as for replacement
The reg label is easy,just got to vinz or ltsa & ask for duplicate,will need to know the plate number
The warrant is a bit harder,you will have to go back to the issuer & ask for duplicate,if you can supply the original check sheet,it makes it much easier for them,or even the exact date it was checked on
When you get new ones mount them better

Bombus
30th November 2006, 14:05
Thanks Bistard, that might be what did it, judging by the torn hole in the plate and the fact that it used to vibrate against the guard a bit. When I get a replacement might just keep it under the seat as recommended just in case.. Cheers B

davereid
30th November 2006, 19:41
I used to keep my WOF & Rego under the seat, but a metermaid gave me a ticket for not displaying em ..:angry:

skidz
30th November 2006, 22:22
I used to keep my WOF & Rego under the seat, but a metermaid gave me a ticket for not displaying em ..:angry:

You just can't win!

MattRSK
30th November 2006, 22:27
Had to get new rego anyway. The replacement WOF was $7.50.

I mount the rego on the swingarm and the WOF sticker down by the handlebars, both easy to see if you're looking for them, and ain't gonna come off.

Calo
1st December 2006, 11:35
I caught some toerag attempting to steal my brand new warrant last year. :angry:

He was unsuccessful. I think he broke a world sprint record running away too. :lol:

Disco Dan
1st December 2006, 11:54
Read a similar post not to long ago on this...

My reg is glued to the swing arm, and has a piece of 'duraseal' (stuff you cover text books with) over the top. dam hard to remove, and will most likely rip even if it is removed.

Wof, well the little plastic holder is attached to my number plate screw.. but heres the twist.. its one of those 'one way' screws. impossible to undo unless you grind the head off.

...wouldnt recommend putting them under seat.. some arse has bent the back half of my seat trying to wrench it off... you will just get a ticket for not displaying them. Its law to display them, so no amount of winging will get you off ticket!

bistard
1st December 2006, 12:03
I dont see why,these losers decide to steal reg & wofs anyway?
If they dont match the number plate you have on they are useless
Any cop checking will check on their computer
Any meter maid will check details of wof,reg against number plate
I have double sided tape available from ltsa or vinz,which is the same size & designed for rego labels,normally stick to the swingarm,or on my R6,the ugly black plastic number plate holder come mudguard &the double sided tape is free!
The warrant I use the right number plate mount bolt,as when you use the left side,tends to get covered in chain lube

JMemonic
1st December 2006, 12:52
Have had the rego and wof stolen before myself and did the under seat thing, also received a ticket for not being on display which even though I could prove the bike had both as required was not able to get my way out of.

That was some time ago now but over the past couple of years I have noticed hire shops now hold the reg and wof for their trailers in the office, available for viewing if you ask, now this tread makes me wonder about the legality, and who gets the ticket, as the driver you are require to ensure both of these are up to date but if you are parked on the side of the road with a hire trailer and a zealous parking infringement officer :tugger: tickets you for not displaying who deals with the fine, and what if they issue the ticket against your cage.

pervert
1st December 2006, 12:58
I dont see why,these losers decide to steal reg & wofs anyway?
If they dont match the number plate you have on they are useless
Any cop checking will check on their computer
Any meter maid will check details of wof,reg against number plate

When used on a car the meter maid will only see the outside of the WOF sticker, not the inside that shows the rego plate number.

Also, the police only access data on whether your car has a current rego, not WOF...so a quick visual check will show a valid WOF...unless they notice the number of the sticker does not match the plate of course.

Disco Dan
2nd December 2006, 10:26
What people do with the REG sticker is cut it in half length ways. put it in front of their (expired) REG sticker and presto! number plate matches and shows new date!