PDA

View Full Version : Starightening Discs

shandawg
15th July 2004, 22:29
Right... Now that I have the forks trued up on the ZXR, it's time for the discs.

One of the front discs has a fairly decent twist in the middle of the carrier, where the offset once was.

I remember a guy telling me ages ago that he knew someone who could straighten discs, but personally I don't see how it's possible to get them dead true again without affecting their hardness etc.

Ideas anyone?

Thanks

kerryg
16th July 2004, 14:26
Right... Now that I have the forks trued up on the ZXR, it's time for the discs.

One of the front discs has a fairly decent twist in the middle of the carrier, where the offset once was.

I remember a guy telling me ages ago that he knew someone who could straighten discs, but personally I don't see how it's possible to get them dead true again without affecting their hardness etc.

Ideas anyone?

Thanks

SMYTHE & YEATES in Cambridge (07 827 8333/John Yeates) do it if they're not beyond repair. They've done work for me a couple of times and I was really impressed with them. I've heard F1 Engineering (in Hamilton I think) do the same sort of work and have a good reputation. .

shandawg
18th July 2004, 19:29
Awesome. Thanks for that, I'll get hold of them on monday and see if they can help me. :niceone:

Magua
18th July 2004, 19:31
I saw the crash damage to your bike in the 250 club forum. How long before you're back on the road?

Gixxer 4 ever
18th July 2004, 21:09
SMYTHE & YEATES in Cambridge (07 827 8333/John Yeates) do it if they're not beyond repair. They've done work for me a couple of times and I was really impressed with them. I've heard F1 Engineering (in Hamilton I think) do the same sort of work and have a good reputation. .

We have had work done by both these companies. They are very very good. If it can be fixed John will fix it. He will tell you if it can not. We had an 85 GSX-R front rim fixed. It had a 17mm bend and after John had it for 3 days it was better than new. :niceone: