PDA

View Full Version : Classic Ducati on Trademe. Old, but only $500

Ixion
30th November 2006, 18:41
Here y'go

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Classic-vintage/auction-79681841.htm

Maha
30th November 2006, 18:44
Well.....what can ya say?........:mellow:
Be alright for a postie i guess?...:scooter:

Roadrash
30th November 2006, 18:53
I wonder if it's an SP or an R :shutup:

pervert
30th November 2006, 18:55
The current bid is $500...but reserve is not met so who knows how much he really wants for that sack.

Maha
30th November 2006, 19:02
Just showed 'Mom'.......she said thank christ its Christchurch only.....:laugh:
The more i look at it the more i like it....:shit:

TLDV8
30th November 2006, 19:13
Maybe if i had bid $500 instead of $370 i might have got this.Hard to find and getting expensive.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ducati-750-Bevel-Roundcase-Front-Brake-Disc-Solid_W0QQitemZ320053067610QQihZ011QQcategoryZ1026 91QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Is that a 48cc Cucciolo engine in the Trade Me auction ?..I would think the reserve is around $1400.

Motu
30th November 2006, 19:34
I had one of those pull rod Ducati moped motors - I took it over to Aussie for my mate to put on his mantlepeice as hand luggage....in a TEAL bag.The customs guy unzipped the bag,took a look and zipped it up again,he wasn't going there.A complete bike would be better than just a motor.

A couple of Rosebank speedway riders made a mini speedway bike using one of those engines.I was around at their place when they were pieceing the frame together out of old pushbike frames.I saw the unfinished bike at a speedway meeting a few weeks later and it looked so cute.....I don't know if they ever finished it as I've never seen it again.

Ixion
30th November 2006, 20:08
Good Lord. People are taking it seriously. I only posted it as a pisstake! It's a ruddy MOPED fer Gawd's sake.

TLDV8
30th November 2006, 20:14
Good Lord. People are taking it seriously. I only posted it as a pisstake! It's a ruddy MOPED fer Gawd's sake.

No not a moped,that engine mobilised Italian's after the War...and all that...The "moped" will probably fetch some good dosh.Would be good for doing speed runs on SH16,you could flip the mufti a finger as you went by..:laugh:

pervert
30th November 2006, 20:18
Not all mopeds are bad...

Daffyd
30th November 2006, 20:22
I use ta have a Victoria Vicky 3...similar but made in Germany, a mate had a Quickly by NSU. 50cc's of pure power???

Motu
2nd December 2006, 10:15

But I really like that motor.It's not often you see pull rods,and the valve gear was all exposed so you could see it work.The lifters were underhung on the camshaft and the rods pulled down the rockers over the valve.

Steel working in compression has a length to crossection area of about 33:1 (ok,ok - I'm not a text book engineer,get your slide rule out please) and so you'll find most rods working in compression have that ratio.....like 3 foot long and one inch thick.Any less and it's a week component,anymore and it's a waste of material for no gain in strength.This is just a rough example of course,there are materials,application etc.(I'm scared of these pedantic engineers)

But in tension the ratio is infinity - it doesn't matter if a piece of wire is 100mm long,1000mm long,or 1000 metres long.So we have our thin wire wheel spokes working in tension,but a mag wheel has thick spokes because they work in compression.

So in getting a 50cc 4 stroke down to 2 stroke weights they went for thin wire pull rods.I like to see different approaches being taken to the same problem....something that is lacking with modern vehicles.

geoffm
2nd December 2006, 12:18

I have a couple of Velosolex (circa 1960 something) at the folks place... makes that look zippy.
http://www.velosolex.co.uk/photographs.htm

Geoff