PDA

View Full Version : Team loosebruce & dss3

Motoracer
2nd December 2006, 22:55
LOOSEBRUCE & DSS3 RACING

I am proud to present team LB & DSS3 Racing to you all. Although the future of this team is uncertain, we are determined to perform well on the streets of Wanganui on the 26th of December for the Cemetary circuit race for 2006.

If you are going to Wanganui to Spectate, please keep an eye out for our team banner in the pit area. On the race track, I will be racing in Formula 2 races on my Yamaha R6 with a GSXR 1000 K5 front fairing. Motoracer is written across the back of my race leathers so I shouldn't be too hard to spot.

Please show your support by cheering just that much louder and clapping just that much harder. With all of our hearts in the right place, who knows what the results might be.

Altough I will promise you this, even if I come last I'll put on one hell of a show for the crowds, in the name of Bruce and Daryl.

Presenting:

Team Racer - Sudeep (AKA Motoracer).
Team Manager - Nicki (AKA Nicksta).
Team Mechanic - Andy (AKA Ajturbo)
Team Umbrella girl - Sally (AKA Sallo).

hXc
2nd December 2006, 23:04
Can't help with any of that sorry mate. But good luck on being accepted and good luck with the racing. You'll have an absolute ball and go hard dude.

P.S 1500 posts.

sugilite
2nd December 2006, 23:27
If you get stuck, ya can stay at my place, though it is about 1 hour 45 mins away from wangas. I'm racing as well, 2 classes, so you still need to find 2 pit bitches. totally understand if you score somewhere closer. :yes:

Your latish entry should still be accepted ok, send it Monday
Take it you already downloaded your entry form from...
http://www.cemeterycircuit.co.nz/entryform2006/2006entries.html

Motoracer
5th December 2006, 07:17
Thank you Anthony.

I am sure I will get the other pit crew I need when the time comes but Texmo (Aaron) has stepped in for one spot.

I don't know if people have clicked or not. However this decision of mine to race in Wanganui, comes directly from the recent unfortunate turn of events.

For the likes of Loosebruce, dss3 and dare I say me (although I do not count myself in the same legue as them). We grew up striving to improve ourselves as riders from our humbel beginings from road riding. I remember all the good times us boys shared together... For us it was natural to have a dream that is to take part in the most extream form of what we loved doing on the road. That dream is to race in the Isle of man.

I know the race track is where fast riding is supposed to be done and I am sure my personal riding will be greatly affected now. However, I can't help but reminiss all the chats we used to have as I shared lunch with him daily at work, then hung out with him when ever we got some spare time.

One of Loosebruce's dreams was to race in the Isle of man and I know he would have been fukin awesome at it..

Wanganui BOS Cemetary circuit is a little part of that big dream of ours and so is Paeroa, due to the fact that it is a race on a closed public road. The danger, the coverage of mass media, the crowds are a huge part of what makes it all, the "ultimate" for us.

Bruce can't make it to the race now and I know how much he wanted to. Hence I am going to be racing with his name in my heart and using his front fairing and one small piece of his clothing on me somewhere. I have a R6 and his fairing is for a K51000, but I'm sure with enough cable ties and fencing wire, anything can be achived. Eh Bruce? "It'll sweet bro!" That's what he would have said. :)

So if you are there, and you see the number "36 Rayclee" front Fairing on a R6 with missing fairings, show your support. Although I am not race fit for this race as I haven't trained for it at all and it wasn't long ago that I came out of hospital due to my injuries, I'll do what I can. I am going to ride a ride that would make Bruce fukin proud.. It may still mean I'll come last considering some factors but I'll still try my absolute best...

This race is puerly in your name Bruce. I'll always love you like a brother.

I don't want you guys to think of me during the race or in this thread. Please just remember Bruce and who he was. That is my main reason for doing this.

k14
5th December 2006, 08:57
Awesome stuff sudeep. Would love to be there but alas I won't be. Maybe next year. Good luck for it. Get training now, still 3 and a bit weeks away.

Shade
5th December 2006, 14:01
Go hard Sudeep!

Make Bruce proud. I'll be supporting you from Brisbane!

Joni
5th December 2006, 14:10
Go hard Sudeep!

Make Bruce proud. Yup... well said Shade!

I will be there Sudeep, so while you are out there giving it stick, know Im there wishing you all the success in Bruce's name...

Yell if you need any help. (I'll be there for any running around that is needed, we will have 3 good mechanics, and one is good with tyres too...)

mynameis
5th December 2006, 14:41
Good stuff Sudeep, nice thought and I am sure you will do well with that awesome thought in mind, you'll be surprised with the results! All the best bro!!

mynameis

crashe
5th December 2006, 15:08
Good on ya sudeep........ proud of you mate...

Will be thinking of you all when you race.

Can you post up a pic of your bike with its new additions ("36 Rayclee") on it..... so that we can see it.

skelstar
5th December 2006, 15:21
Ill be there supporting Sudeep...I'll try and find you in the pits somewhere dude.

Goblin
5th December 2006, 15:25
Good onya Sudeep! Go hard and have a shitload of fun doing it!
I will be there cheering you and all our riders on.:yes:
All the best for Paeroa too! With a bit of good luck and management I could be competing too. Lets all live our dreams while we can! We will all have set-backs and challenges ahead but lets not lose sight of those dreams and ambitions.

Ride on!

Cleve
5th December 2006, 21:20
Good for you Sudeep. I will not be doing the street rounds this/next year but may the following years. As well as being affected by Bruce and Darryl'c crash I am also affected by team mate Paul's at Puke and am working my way around deciding the best way to respond - ie there are a few conflicting thoughts... to that.

scott411
7th December 2006, 10:57
check your pm's

Keystone19
7th December 2006, 11:01
Good for you Sudeep. I will not be doing the street rounds this/next year but may the following years. As well as being affected by Bruce and Darryl'c crash I am also affected by team mate Paul's at Puke and am working my way around deciding the best way to respond - ie there are a few conflicting thoughts... to that.

Yep, me too Cleve. There are many conflicting thoughts here. I want to race the street circuits and had thought that I would do the 2007/8 ones. More time to practice, no hurry to go fast etc. But after the recent events. who knows what will happen tomorrow...

Go hard Sudeep, I will not be at Wanganui, but I will be thinking of you.

bumsex
7th December 2006, 11:26
good onya mate.
Sorry but I am not in a position to help you.

p.s do you know when Pearoa B.O.T.S is on? can't find anything bout it.

What?
8th December 2006, 06:18
p.s do you know when Pearoa B.O.T.S is on? can't find anything bout it.

You'll find it listed in the calendar on this very site.
(Feb 18)

bumsex
8th December 2006, 11:26
Thanks cob.

Motoracer
12th December 2006, 11:50
Alright, with a lot of help from different people. Things are moving along.

Race entry is accepted.

Race Licence is being processed and sent.

Thanks for the support already guys!

I have been SUPER BUSY with stuff so sorry if I haven't had time to reply to PMs yet.

I still need to freshen the bike and train my body which will be the biggest challange since there's only 2 weeks left.

Will update you guys again in the future.

Cleve
12th December 2006, 12:47
Good luck.

sunhuntin
12th December 2006, 13:14
cant help with pits, sorry. will have a word to my folks about a place to stay though...you may be allowed to pitch a tent in the front lawn [ive got a tent and bag etc you can use] food will be down to you, but use of bathroom will be avaliable of course.

put up a pic of your bike and ill come and find you on the day.

:rockon:

ajturbo
12th December 2006, 15:49
Hi people,

I wasn't going to race in Wanganui, infact I don't think I was going to ever race again but I had change of plans. I don't know if they will accept a late entry but I will try my hardest.

I just need to know if I can stay at someone's place during that time cause I can't afford accommodation.

I also need 2 people to be my pit crew. Experience is required and it would help if you have raced yourself.

Also, I would like to hitch a ride with someone from Auckland to Wanganui. Otherwise I will just have to drive down. Just trying to keep costs down as I have fuk all to begin with.

Cheers!

hey matey..
if ya need me i can be there anytime!

Motoracer
24th December 2006, 09:02
Can one of the mods please change the thread title from "Wanganui BOS" to "Team loosebruce & dss3"

More details to come.

So far out of all the KBers I've come across in person, most haven't been aware of this thread. Which really defeats the purpose.

Steve_R6R
24th December 2006, 10:29
Good luck
You might want to cut out the front of that fairing for some air for the bike, just a thought.
Enjoy!

See you at Paeroa.:yes:

Firefight
24th December 2006, 11:41
really proud of what you are doing, :yes: and why you are doing it,

good luck mate I know Bruce and Darryl will be watching,

go make us all proud.

F/F:sunny:

crashe
24th December 2006, 11:46
Bumping this up again........ for all KBers to see.

TonyB
24th December 2006, 12:14
Good on you MotoRacer.
Ride fast
Ride smooth
Stay safe

chanceyy
24th December 2006, 14:08
good on you sudeep .. & bruce & daryl will prob be hanging on the back smiling & laffing like crazy

Frenchy
24th December 2006, 19:15
Good luck my friend i'll see you there!!!

kiwifruit
24th December 2006, 19:20
Go hard bro

Nicksta
24th December 2006, 21:07
i know Bruce and Daryl will be there with us... watching, joking around and supporting 100%.... if your there, please come say hi to us in the pits... and show your support!!

blueblade
24th December 2006, 21:20
Good luck guys. Keep it safe MR. Will be there cheering for you, and thinking of Bruce and Darryl.

MattRSK
24th December 2006, 21:22
I look forward to meeting you guys in Wanganui.

Motoracer
24th December 2006, 21:48
Thank you very much for all the positive responces. That's exactly what I wanted.

The bike is nearly ready, with only minor finishing touches to go. Once I come back from Wanganui, I'll mention all the people who have helped along the way and made this possible.

Below are some pictures.

1 - Me on Friday trackday in Taupo, with Bruce's Hell T-shirt and front fairing.
2 - Me with my race suit and the special top I got made.
3 - My lovely Umbrella girl.

crashe
24th December 2006, 22:10
awesome pictures sudeep........
Thanks for posting them up.......

I will be thinking of you on the day and look forward to your race report afterwards....

travel safe....... and merry xmas to you all..........

Nicksta
24th December 2006, 22:40
bump....

Merry christmas everyone... hope to see you boxing day!

madmal64
24th December 2006, 23:11
Go well guys. I be cheering ya on.

Leong
25th December 2006, 05:06
Good Luck Guys... will be thinking of you

Donor
25th December 2006, 06:40
Aye, best wishes for the big day...

Go hard, and THEN go home!

vtec
25th December 2006, 09:05
Damn I want to be there tomorrow. How long would it take to get down to Wanganui at legal speeds from Auckland on a motorbike?

Pumba
25th December 2006, 09:32
Will be trackside tomorrow giving my support, go hard mate.

Damn I want to be there tomorrow. How long would it take to get down to Wanganui at legal speeds from Auckland on a motorbike?

Have a look in the meatings and events section of the site Im pretty sure Blackbule is leading one that is leaving the Autobarn at about 4 - 4.30 or somthing.

et al
25th December 2006, 10:19
We (Gunner and myself) will be there cheering you on big time. Hope you have a good and memorable day.

Idrumm
25th December 2006, 13:38
Good on ya mate, just being there is an achievment in it self, will see you down there.

sugilite
25th December 2006, 15:59
Awesome effort Guys:yes:
See you tomorrow!

k14
25th December 2006, 18:16
Should be able to do it in 4.5-5 hours with minimal stops. Will be quite a bit of christmas traffic (read: lunatics) about though. Choosing the route with the least traffic is the key, not quite sure what one that is. Practice starts at 8 i think but you don't need to get there till like 10 or so. It goes right through till around 5.

Sketchy_Racer
25th December 2006, 20:03
Have fun mate, and do ya best.

We know ya will :2thumbsup:

Rossi Gal
25th December 2006, 22:46
Hey darl! Best of luck with tomorrow..I know you'll do those two muppets proud!
My thoughts are with you all!

MyGSXF
25th December 2006, 23:04
You guys & gals ROCK!!!! :Punk:

All the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :2thumbsup & be safe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yes:

Jen :rockon:

Matt Bleck
26th December 2006, 05:20
Go hard Sudeep!!!

saul
26th December 2006, 08:07
fantastic enjoy the day. :yes:

Two Smoker
26th December 2006, 10:39
Awesome stuff sudeep... Im sure you are going hard at the moment :niceone:

I will be doing IOMTT for Bruce at some stage :niceone:

Matt Bleck
26th December 2006, 21:50
Was great seeing ya out there today Sudeep, awesome effort!! :2thumbsup

justsomeguy
26th December 2006, 22:32
Real well done Sudeep, your name is right up there with the best in the country. Darryl and Mr. Goofy Smile must be real proud.

http://www.mylaps.com/championship/view.jsp?id=998

aff-man
26th December 2006, 22:38
looking real awesome, got some updates at the beginning of the day and sounded like you were going real well..

Good on that man.

vtec
27th December 2006, 00:49
Good shit Sudeep. Did you give yourself any frights. Bah, can't wait to read your race report man when you get home and rested.

Cleve
27th December 2006, 08:05
That was well done. There were some serious names in front of you.

Frenchy
27th December 2006, 08:36
Well done sudep!!:yes: i know your friends would be proud!!

merv
27th December 2006, 09:05
Yeah good on you - a pretty good day all round.

Steve_R6R
27th December 2006, 09:48
Well done. Great results, you would have to be pretty stoked with your day.:Punk:

Firefight
27th December 2006, 10:11
well done man,

a truly fitting memorial to the boys, I am sure Bruce and Darryl
would have been with you all the way !

You should be very proud of the result.

F/F

crashe
27th December 2006, 10:14
Awesome pics of sudeep........

Hey Sudeep, well done mate......... :yes:

Clivoris
27th December 2006, 10:27
Great skills team. Awesome to see you there giving it heaps and having a good time.

blueblade
27th December 2006, 11:16
Awesome riding Sudep. Never seen you racing before. Very impressive. Bike looked like a piece of shit, all held together with duct tape. Bruce would have loved it:yes: :yes: Brilliant effort.

Sparky Bills
27th December 2006, 11:19
Good Racing dude!!
Was great to meet some new faces too:rockon:

Martin:Punk:

Frenchy
27th December 2006, 21:02
sorry mate tried to load that vid of you off my phone but couldn't work it bloody computers!!! here's a pix of me on my way though mate!! nearly $1000 worth of fines in 4 days:crybaby:

Motoracer
28th December 2006, 01:39
Before the race

I haven't done one these in a while but I'll give it a go. On the dreaded Saturday (2<SUP>nd</SUP> Dec), I was inside my Uni by myself doing my end of the year assignments to pass my course. I don't know how I came to the conclusion of doing the Wanganui race but I had a clear idea of exactly what I had to do, on that night.

The following week went by like a hazy dream which I wouldn’t call a night mare, as it still came with it’s bitter sweet moments. It was only on the Monday or the Tuesday (11-12<SUP>th</SUP> Dec), that I actually got the chance to start organising for the race. It almost seemed impossible to attempt it with only 2 weeks to go, with no race licence, race entry or training…

After a few heart filling emails written appropriately, I was starting to see light at the end of the tunnel as far as the race went. Wally Cole gave me the big thumbs up for the race entry even though entry had closed 12 days before hand and the girls in MNZ reassured me that my race licence would be processed in time. Next thing I needed to worry about was my bike and myself as a rider. It seems bizarre to think how it’s only been 2 weeks since then, because I was so franticly busy the whole time!
Once bike was reasonably where I wanted it to be, I did a track day at Taupo to help me get up to speed and set up the bike properly. With out doing this on the Friday before raceday, would have made things very difficult. After the track day, I spent the next 3 days refining the bike set up as well as taking care of other last minute details.

On the Monday (day before race day), I ran into more complications with the bike and I started to stress about the race for the first time. With a couple of helpful chats with nicko and Shaun on the phone, I became a bit more relaxed and finished packing up the van. Me, Sally (sallo) and Nicki (Nicksta) began our journey at 17:00 hrs and made good time.. Then once I got into Huntly I started thinking of MNZ as their office is there. Then a few thought processes later, I thought "Oh f*ck!". Nicki and Sally asked what was wrong. I then confessed that I was a muppet and I had forgotten to bring the Race entry papers and my race licence! Without a second thought, the girls calmy asked me to turn around. Nicki then came up with the really good idea to get someone to bring it down half way for us. My dad then left his nice meal at the restaurant and came to my aid which I felt really bad for but I was very greatfull.

It was now 18:30 hrs and we decided to give it another go and set off down south. The rest of our journey was pretty uneventful. This was a really good opportunity for me to get to know Nicki a bit better and exchange some memories we have of Bruce. After chatting with the girls all the way to where we stayed, I ended up getting a solid 3 hours sleep.

Motoracer
28th December 2006, 01:42
The race day

We arrived at Wanganui nice and early (ish) at 06:40 hrs with only 20 minutes to unload, fix a problem which could have meant the difference between racing and going home. It must have been 07:00 hrs on the dot which was the closing time for sqrutineering, that we got in and had the bike checked. The only thing the bike needed was an overflow catch bottle. I asked around all over and Quasi was the man who could help me, with the Double Brown beer can. Nothing else would have done as far as I was concerned, maybe a redbull can but I really wanted Double Brown.

We were a man short in the team and it was really awesome to see (Andy) AJturbo there nice and early and getting his offer to be our Team Mechanic. Just after rider briefing had finished We walked back to the bike and I soon realised another muppet moment. We still hadn’t dealt with an electrical problem that I had put off before, due to lack of time. The girls and Andy came thorugh for me and we got the problem fixed as a team. It was a mad rush but I actually got to go out in the sighting session and put down about 3 or 4 laps in. In the rush I didn’t get to concentrate properly so I couldn’t even remember the corners properly.

I will thank Nicki a bit further down as well but I must say, she is one switched on lady. The minute I got back into the pits, she took care of everything like putting the tire warmers on, reminding me if I needed fuel or not and other basic but crucial factors that really made the difference. Sally was also very good to talk to as she kept my mind off from stressing out about the task I had ahead of me. She was kind enough to feed me dinner the night before and then she took care of getting me replenished with food and drinks through out the day.

Motoracer
28th December 2006, 01:46
Practice/Qualifying

I had 2 different ways in my mind to approach this day. I know I am a good instinctive rider and I do ride good when I ride going by feel. However a lot was at stake so I wanted to minimise the chance of crashing to the point of elimination. Therefore I chose to ride by thinking everything through methodically rather than just trusting my instincts and going by feel.

To be honest, as much as I like to think I am different from all the rest, I too had the "I’m bullet proof" outlook on my mortality. I have lost a mate before and people I used to know to bike accidents. However Daryl and specially Bruce’s accident was something else. It couldn’t have hit me any closer to home as most know I was pretty close to Bruce. Other than death itself, there are other horrible risks like the tragic accidents of Motobob and Inlinefour. This was the first time that I have actually been fully aware of the conciquences of bike accidents and the risk that is envolved in our sport. To get through this day, I cleared out emotions and fears and gathered my strength together and accepted the challenge I had set before me.

For practice 1 I went out into the track and instantly felt pretty good. I passed a few people and ended up following a white and red 06 R6 for a while. Then for the approach into the railway tracks, I out braked him and stayed infront for a while. Then near the end, he passed me again and I followed him. He looked like a good rider so I got closer to read his name on the back of the leathers. I freaked out when it read "Smith", for Sam Smith. For a while I was stoked that I got to ride for a bit with him but I soon convinced myself that since this was his first time as well, he would have been taking it easy to learn the lines and braking markers. My biggest problem is that I let myself become intimidated too easily. I found it so much easier to ride with racers when I didn’t know who they were. When I found out who they were, it almost became harder. Probably because I doubt myself a bit too much. That’s what I admired about both Bruce and Daryl. They both were out there having fun but at the same time, they gave it their best and stood proud infront of the world, challenging who ever came along. Stroud, Smith, Lawrence, Sherrifs, it didn’t matter to them. They just wanted to give everyone "the learn" while having fun. I really admired their courage, a lot…

For practice 2, after the first lap Stroud passed me coming out of turn 1 and then a few quick riders did the same. The boys from Aussie in yellow brand spankin new Yamahas with all the bells and whistles were screaming past noticeably faster. Sam by this stage had gotten into grips with things and showed why he is a "shit hot!" rider. He flew past at some stage and this time round I over shot the corner while trying to out brake him. I realised the fact that Wanganui is a tight circuit and it’s not the easiest place to pass with corner speed. I knew that Qualifying and race starts would either make or break my chances of good race results. On one of the laps, I went into turn one pretty quick so I had to go wide over the muddy patches and lost the front. I put my foot down and somehow managed to keep it in two wheels. After the next corner, I just made myself forget about that little close call because if I thought about it, it’d have probably made me slower.

Motoracer
28th December 2006, 01:49
Races

By this stage MSTRS had come to our pit area and he gave me the team banner he had made for us. I was so stoked! I couldn’t get that part organised in time with everything happening and he had gone into the trouble of finding the material and printing for us, which was really cool! Frenchy also came by which was really cool!

Race 1: I was a bit disappointed with my Qualifying result. I put down a 55.8, which put me at 13<SUP>th</SUP> out of 25 riders in F2. The speakers announced the final call for F2 riders to the dummy grid and instantly Nicki and Andy sent me on my way along with my sexy umbrella girl. It felt really cool to have a proper umbrella girl standing next to me, like as if I was some pro racer. More importantly, getting that bit of shade from the hot baking sun, for sometimes up to 15 minutes long in leathers does make a huge difference. We got on the track and after 1 warm up lap I got lined up for race one. After doing the gearing adjustments on the bike, I hadn’t tried it so I wasn’t that used to it. So I only managed to keep up with the rest of the riders. If you didn’t know, race starts is what I do best usually, so I was actually hoping to shoot ahead a few right in the beginning. That didn’t happen, although I didn’t loose any positions either. I didn’t quite seem to get the feeling right and I was over working my body. I soon lost the tail of the leading group and even got passed by 1 bike after my 2<SUP>nd</SUP> lap. He then almost instantly had a crash right in front of me and his bike cart wheeled across the track spinning into my direction. With a bit of braking and swerving, I managed to miss him by about a meter.

The race was stopped and the ambulance came out and took the rider away. I hope he is OK now. We had a long wait before going back into the pits and getting ready for another go at race 1. Before going back in though, I was pulling heaps of wheelies with nicko which was really cool.

Then after a couple of other races, our race 1 was happening again. It was like a reinactment of the previous race. Everything was the same, except for the fact that I had listened to Shaun’s advise and learned to relax a bit and calm down. I didn’t feel tired anymore and there wasn’t much stress on my arms. This time round I managed to stay on nicko’s tail the whole way through and after finishing the race. I was actually pretty proud of myself for keeping up with the fast bunch. When I looked back, I was shocked to see that the gap behind me and the rest of the riders was so huge that I couldn’t even see anyone behind! I managed to come home with a 12<SUP>th</SUP> and got a lot of encouraging words from my Team and others.

During lunch time, there was a ride around the track for everybody with the helmets off. I felt honoured to take Nicki around on the back of my bike..

Race 2: For race starts I should have just stuck with my instincts because that’s when everything flows into perfection but I decided I should try thinking it through to do better than race 1. I actually ended up messing that one up by getting an accidental wheelie off the line by trying too hard. A couple of people went past but on the approach of turn one, I almost said "No, you fu*kin don’t" in my helmet and out braked them to get my position back. It was a nice race. As in, nothing exciting happened in a great or a bad way. I just did my thing and enjoyed the track of Wanganui which I absolutely love! Specially the esses after the railway tracks. That takes me right back to the time I was about 5 years old and playing in the big playgrounds in Germany for the first time and having the most fun in the world! It was really really awesome!! There isn’t an inch of the circuit I don’t like. Every part of it is just so awesome. That is by far the most fun I’ve ever had on a bike.

It must have been the 5<SUP>th</SUP> lap, where I was trying to gain some ground on nicko, when I over shot the corner and ended up loosing about 2 seconds from running wide. I knew the race would finish soon and it was impossible to try anything to gain back about 3-4 seconds to go up one place, so I already started streaching and loosening my fingers, arms and legs after I saw no one was in sight behind me. So after the last corner, I thought "This 1 is for you guys" and clutched up a wheelie in 3rd from the final turn till past the chequered flag. I managed to grab 13<SUP>th</SUP> place just cause it’s a more suitable number to go with the Hell Pizza theme, other wise I would have tried harder… maybe he he he. My best that time was a 55.02 seconds.

Even though I was a bit disappointed to being with, I became pretty happy with myself. I know I can always go better next time if I do it again and even right now I know how I could shave off at least 2 seconds while still maintaing the same level of safety. Like people have been saying, I haven’t raced in a while so I was paying the price by making silly errors everywhere due to lack of practice. Like I said, the Qualifying was going to either make or break me. If I had somehow qualified in the 2<SUP>nd</SUP> row, I reckon I would have finished better too… Nonetheless, I had a LOT of fun and I’m pretty happy. I got to do exactly what I wanted to do because of a lot of people.

N4CR
28th December 2006, 01:53
sorry mate tried to load that vid of you off my phone but couldn't work it bloody computers!!! here's a pix of me on my way though mate!! nearly $1000 worth of fines in 4 days:crybaby:

DO A RUNNER NEXT TIME MAYBe? SAVES CASH,INSURANCE,LIVES,BABIES, KITTENS AND STRESS IF YOU GET AWAY WITH IT.

NICE RACE REPORT GUYS, GOOD TO SEE IT ALL HAPPENING!

Motoracer
28th December 2006, 01:54
What now?

I love going fast on the road but I had already slowed down on the road as a choice, even before the 2<SUP>nd </SUP>of December ’06. Now, to be honest I really don’t even want to think about any fast road rides ATM… Racing is pretty appealing with all the opportunities out there now that wasn’t available to me when I was giving racing a proper go, 2.5 years ago. Back then, we almost had to do everything on our own. Now everyone is supporting each other and with people like Shaun at hand for the advise and help really makes a difference. Other than that, I have grown up a lot since the last couple of years and if I was riding/racing with a dim candle light back then, I have spot lights as I seemed to have clicked about a lot of things. With stunting, racing, riding or with life in general, a lot has been making sence to me these days.. so I should decide soon on what I want to do… It may not even be bikes, who knows.. My interest is very varried so I could take a break and go overseas to travel or maybe get a drift car to play around or go flying as I always wanted to do. The most likely choice is either giving stunting a proper go or racing another go. Proper stunts as in proper, not just the odd wheelies and stoppies.

Motoracer
28th December 2006, 01:55
Thank you

A special thanks to my team. My race result was definetly a team effort. There is no way in hell I could have done it with out Nicki, Sally and Andy. Nicki was so good with organising and being the responcible level headed boss. As I said, I would have been lost without you. Sally, you are really cool and a very nice person. Thank you so much for everything. Andy, good to catch up as always. Sorry there was no opening for an umbrella girl spot for you but you make a pretty good team Mechanic. With 2 drop dead, gorgeous blonds (talkin about the girls, not you Andy) and you Andy, I bet I was the racer to envy among all of them. It was my pleasure to get to work with a cool bunch like you. I reckon our Team kicked ass! :D

Also Thanks to:

Eyetight – SDV Logistics NZ – For travel expenses and use of work van and time off work on Friday which was very important.
Fishy – Your help in getting my bike ready for a few nights and advise on fitness.
Death Inc – Getting the Steering head bearing out and doing the tire change.
Twosmoker – For the use of tire warmers and doing me a deal on tires.
MSTRS – For going the extra mile and preparing our Team banner.
Shaun Harris – For the advise and use of kill switch thingie.
Nicko – For the advise.
Quasi – Quasi Moto – For the use of the tent and finding me a can of Double Brown.
Frenchy – For Lending A hand. You know why I put ‘a’ in Caps.
Ray Clee – For letting me use the front fairing you lent to Bruce.
Mum and Dad – For being understanding.
KickingZebra – Air compresor.
Wanganui Race Organisers – for beinding over backwards for the cause of my race.
MNZ – for processing the lincence in time.
Rex Graphics – For the prints on the tops even in a busy Christmas time.

There may have been more people I should have mentioned but that’s all I can remember.

Cheers,

Sudeep.

Motoracer
28th December 2006, 02:05
The Evidence

Pic 1 - The Team! Andy, Sally and Nicki.
Pic 2 - Replica of the "WEAPON". Note the Double Brown.
Pic 3 & 4 - For the guys in KB. Some pics of the super sexy sallo!

DEATH_INC.
28th December 2006, 04:47
Good on ya Sudeep. Woulda loved to be there with ya :(

Mrs Busa Pete
28th December 2006, 05:10
That was an awsome read and Bruce and Darreyl would of been proud of what you and your crew acheived in 3 weeks. All 4 of you should take a step up because you all done well.GOOD ON YOU GUYS & GALS :first: And sudeep good luck with making your choices if you decide to go over seas you will be missed.

Shaun
28th December 2006, 07:03
Well done to all the Team

Suddeep, from what I saw of you on the track mate, if you do decide to give racing another go with a bit more seriousness than last time, I would say you would quickly become a force to be reckond with mate

Dam fine effort, loved the wheelie across the finish line, class:rockon:

skelstar
28th December 2006, 07:09
Was good to see you out there Sudeep.

emaN
28th December 2006, 08:11
Awesome stuff bro!
In light of everything that's happened, and what you were doing, seeing Bruce's fairing "out & about" again was emotional! (hey,i'm italian, i'm allowed to!).
Thanks for doing it dude, and huge thanks to nikki & sal for making it possible! (i'm sure your presence/contributions eliminated a lot of 'muppet moments' sudeep would've had!!)

crashe
28th December 2006, 08:18
Hey Sudeep....... awesome write up mate.

Good luck in what ever you decide to do in the future ......
Cos what ever you do....... I can guarantee that you would be putting in over 100% into it.

Cheers to Nikki, Sallo and AjTurbo and everyone else that helped you out to achieve what you did this past few weeks.

Team work is what makes things happen......

Well done.........

sugilite
28th December 2006, 08:20
Considering everything you were up against, you did fantastically well Sudeep! Well done and I know Bruce and Darryl are proud of you :yes:

saul
28th December 2006, 08:24
Mate that is a fantatic write up. :yes:

A huge well done to you and the team:rockon::sunny:

erik
28th December 2006, 08:48
Awesome write-up Sudeep! :)
Glad to hear it went so well.

GIXser
28th December 2006, 08:52
Sudeep.,mate, first of all let me congratualate you on your resultm that is just firken awesome, to achieve this in such a short period of time is unimaginable,( i am refering to 2 weeks to prepare,and a bike thats held together with ductape,, and virualy no training apart from a few years ago!!)

i take my hat of to you and take a bow------

fantastic write up, i was hoping (they) would televise it but No...
so earderly awaited the result, i truly think it is outstanding--

next beer;s on me bud"

trumpy
28th December 2006, 08:54
Great write up and superb results. Well done.

If you need help with anything call me.

Firefight
28th December 2006, 09:10
hey Sudeep,

it's already been said, but well done man.

what a great tribute to Bruce and Daryll.

A fantastic write up and fantastic result

I am proud to call you my mate.

Dave

aff-man
28th December 2006, 09:12
Awesome write up man....

Glad to see you got some decent racing in and made the boys proud.

Catch ya out there.

kiwifruit
28th December 2006, 09:43
you've done the boys proud

ajturbo
28th December 2006, 09:44
you were the cool man out there matey... i realy could belive just how cool you were acting, as if it was just another ride!!!!
there didn't seam to be any stress when we had to fix the "electrical" problem... all the while listing to the PA man saying "final call for F2"....

the girls were great.......looking, hehehhe
but they were even better help in the pits... translating to me what you wanted/needed.

if you ever need another pit butch... just let me know!!!
unless i am racing that is!

well done matey!!!

MadDuck
28th December 2006, 09:49
Great write up thanks for sharing it with us Sudeep.

RT527
28th December 2006, 10:13
Um if ya want to enter the team At Paeroa BOTS then Ill offer my place as a base for you guys...you know somewhere to stay eat sleep etc etc. Im just 15 mins from Paeroa

R6_kid
28th December 2006, 11:22
good stuff sudeep. Good to see you out there giving it a go!

Cleve
28th December 2006, 12:54
Good stuff Sudeep. You did well and I am sure the boys were smiling at you from where ever they are now.

k14
28th December 2006, 13:58
Don't know what to say bro, its all already been said. Awesome effort.

Hope we can catch up when I'm up for nats in feb/march.

wybmadiity
28th December 2006, 15:22
Nice one team.
Cheers for the write up, good job.
Keep up the good work!

Two Smoker
28th December 2006, 15:44
Awesome stuff Sudeep, glad you did plenty of wheelies!!! No worries about the tyre warmers and tyres :niceone: Wish i could have been there racing with you, or even just cheering you on :niceone: Going to do Paeroa??? Or do ya need me to hold the flag high???

onearmedbandit
28th December 2006, 15:58
Awesome write-up mate, well done. You've not only done 'the boys' proud but this whole site as well. Thank you.

Meekey_Mouse
29th December 2006, 08:34
What now?

I love going fast on the road but I had already slowed down on the road as a choice, even before the 2<SUP>nd </SUP>of December ’06. Now, to be honest I really don’t even want to think about any fast road rides ATM… Racing is pretty appealing with all the opportunities out there now that wasn’t available to me when I was giving racing a proper go, 2.5 years ago. Back then, we almost had to do everything on our own. Now everyone is supporting each other and with people like Shaun at hand for the advise and help really makes a difference. Other than that, I have grown up a lot since the last couple of years and if I was riding/racing with a dim candle light back then, I have spot lights as I seemed to have clicked about a lot of things. With stunting, racing, riding or with life in general, a lot has been making sence to me these days.. so I should decide soon on what I want to do… It may not even be bikes, who knows.. My interest is very varried so I could take a break and go overseas to travel or maybe get a drift car to play around or go flying as I always wanted to do. The most likely choice is either giving stunting a proper go or racing another go. Proper stunts as in proper, not just the odd wheelies and stoppies.

Thanks for the write up Sudeep :) Good on you guys for doing it.

If you're ever riding at the track and need some one to help you in the pits with tyre warmers etc... just let me know

As far as flying goes, Have you ever thought of Hang gliding or Paragliding? My brother (Aero165) does both and loves it.

Frenchy
29th December 2006, 09:28
What now?

My interest is very varried so I could take a break and go overseas to travel or maybe get a drift car to play around or go flying as I always wanted to do. The most likely choice is either giving stunting a proper go or racing another go. Proper stunts as in proper, not just the odd wheelies and stoppies.

nice write up mate you've done everyone proud!! and you know what one of these choices i want you to choose:yes:

Devil
29th December 2006, 18:11
Good work mate, and cheers for letting us stash our gear in the van!

Loosebrucesfamily
29th December 2006, 18:56
Way to go Sudeep. You have made not only Loosebruce and DSS3 very very proud of you but also loosebruces family. I have just read through this whole thread with even more tears streaming down my face (seems to be a permanent feature at the moment) and didn't realise just what an undertaking you took on in Bruces honour. When you first asked us for our permission to take on this amazing challenge I did not realise that you hadn't been racing for a couple of years. What a brave amazing person you are and you have really done both Bruce and Daryl and yourself very proud. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for undertaking this awesome race in our sons honour. No wonder Bru loved you like a brother. He was extremely fortunate to have so many such amazing friends. And how honoured are we that with so much to organise you gave up your precious Saturday afternoon to spend with us. You are one in a million.:rockon: WELL:done: :Punk:

Loosebrucesfamily
29th December 2006, 19:05
And to EVERYONE who helped Sudeep achieve this goal however minor or major a part you played, even if it was only to give encouragement and well wishes a very very big THANK YOU so much.

Swoop
29th December 2006, 19:26
A mighty effort Sudeep and the entire team! Bloody good on you all!!!

Also, a superb usage of duct tape on the bike... as would be expected!

Leong
30th December 2006, 06:33
Awesome effort Sudeep.

You have done so well, in so many different ways.....

__________________________________________________ _______________

Nicksta
30th December 2006, 10:45
As with everything I said in the van on the way out of Wanganui, I was very proud of you Sudeep... and awesome write up!!

Thank you all for your support and help... this meant a lot to Sudeep, Myself, Bruce and Daryl's friends and family.....

A wonderful tribute to 2 men who have touched so many in such a short time... you will never be forgotten by those who love you and those who have been touched by you.

Motoracer
1st January 2007, 10:02
I haven't replied for a while in this thread, simply because I have been overwhelmed by the responces and I didn't know what to say.

I appreciate every single post that everyone's made in here and I would just like to say, thank you. :o

Sketchy_Racer
1st January 2007, 10:07
haha, stop being so modest.

well done mate. :niceone:

dale smith
28th January 2007, 00:29
Well what can us proud parents say....our boys names on the tee shirts worn by good looking chics...Daryl and Bruce would have loved it!!!! Congratulations chap on what was a brilliant effort. I think the ductape did it for me.....know how much Daryl relied on it to hold fairings etc together, cover lights etc, and even used it to wrap up my birthday present once! Can relate to the struggle and challenge you had to prepare yourself, I remember Daryl telling me of some of the quick time frames he had to prepare himself and the wheels for racing. As everyone has said, you should be extremely proud of yourself, not only for your wonderful achievement, but the sensitivity you show for your lost mates. Our world is a better place with people like yourself in it. Thankyou for effort on behalf of the boys..... would love to read that you had beaten some of the higher ranked riders in your next outing! Cheers........

Motoracer
28th January 2007, 14:17
Hi Dale,

Thank you so much for your comments... I'm not sure if you clicked but I'm the same guy who was trying that stoppie with my dress pants and jacket that time in the pits on Daryl's bike. One of the last times Daryl was there for a track day in Taupo while you still lived there, I spent the night at your old house in Taupo. We all went out and had a great time... That night me and Daryl walked around Taupo talking about all sorts of things, racing, women and just life in general. That was really cool..

I'll never forget the memories.

I have the highest respect for your son, for who he was.

Sudeep.