PDA

View Full Version : Triumph Sprint chain adjustment

baldrick
3rd December 2006, 05:02
g'day. i got hold of a 2005 triumph sprint st, single sided swingarm with fuc/ng HUGE nuts at the axels. looks simple enough to get the wheel on/off providing you can find the worlds largest socket - but that's not the issue just now... i didn't get a manual with the bike, and not ready to spend $200 on one right now, just need to know how to adjust the chain?... anyone know? with the single swing arm, there's nothing resembling an adjustment procedure whatsoever.
any help?

98tls
3rd December 2006, 06:50
PM......Maha man he has one with the single sided swingarm.........:yes:

wilber
3rd December 2006, 06:59
There was someone on trademe that sold haynes manuals,got 1 for 55bucks awhile ago ,alot better than 150 bike shop told me .

merv
3rd December 2006, 11:02
Surely you got an owners manual (not a full service manual) and the toolkit with the bike?

If so dig out the right tools from the kit and follow the instructions in the book if you've got one at all.

I haven't look closely at the Triumph, but procedure on my VFR is dig out the right socket spanner from the toolkit and the big C-spanner and then all you do is loosen the locknut on the hub bearing housing then with the C-spanner engaged in the slots on the hub just rotate it slightly keeping an eye on the chain slack (has to be at least 25mm on the VFR). The hub is located eccentrically in the housing hence its ability to be moved to a different centre to tighten the chain. Simple huh.

You shouldn't be undoing the big axle nut just the adjusting nut.

baldrick
4th December 2006, 13:47
tls - 2005 onwrds are all single sided.
merv - cheers mate, i'd never have thought of looking in he manual. how dumb am i?
thanks.

baldrick
4th December 2006, 13:47
tls - 2005 onwrds are all single sided.
merv - cheers mate, i'd never have thought of looking in the manual. how dumb am i?
thanks.