PDA

View Full Version : Tankbag for XL650V Transalp

timg
3rd December 2006, 11:17
Hi Folks,
Can anybody suggest a good quality tank bag for the Transalp. Needs to ba able to carry a SLR camera, phone, mapbook and the usual odds & ends. Thanx.

Motu
3rd December 2006, 18:42
I've got a Wolfman Enduro,but a Transalp could take something bigger.http://www.wolfmanluggage.com/

Gineen
3rd December 2006, 21:28
I've got a Ventura Thruxton magnetic one, and managed to fit 8 bottles of wine into it today! Fits the '86 GSXR tank perfectly

Ruralman
4th December 2006, 21:27
I've got a Givi one on my T/A. Its not magnetic and attaches with a hook thing down to the edge of the tank on two sides and then another around the handlebar brace. Seems to work well on the long trips I've done and would have heaps of room for what you describe. It has straps that turn it into a backpack which could be handy but I expect most brands will have these, and it has a plastic cover for really wet weather. I find it really handy for things you want quickly (eg Camera, lunch,) and the top see-through map holder has been useful too.

timg
6th December 2006, 17:28
Thanx Ruralman. Any idea of which Givi model? Cheers, Tim.

Ruralman
6th December 2006, 21:39
Thanx Ruralman. Any idea of which Givi model? Cheers, Tim.

Its a black one

Sorry mate that probably sounds sarcastic but thats the best I can do - there's no numbers on it anywhere. The T/A would take a magnetic one but I don't know whether that would allow you to do the other stuff.