PDA

View Full Version : King of Ruapuna Rd4

Kickaha
3rd December 2006, 19:23
King Of Ruapuna Rd4

I didn’t bother writing about the other rounds as in the first we had mechanical problems and didn’t start and in the next two although we won 4 out of 4 races we had no competition and it was pretty boring :zzzz:

Practice

We only do 1 lap and Dave puts his hand up to pull in, one back in the pits he explains a warning light is coming up, we hop in the ute and shoot out to his place to pick up his laptop and once back at the track he checks and finds it’s nothing serious, the Goober/Pig travelling circus have finally turned up after missing a couple of meetings and we know we’ll have a to work hard for the win

Race 1

We get a good launch and hit the lead, Goober/Pig are right on the back of us off turn 1 and as we hit the hairpin the go past under brakes, it’s our turn to just about go into the back of them as we go into the right hander after the hairpin and then coming out of the infield sweeper Dave dials it up and we go past into the right hander and lead them onto the straight, we’re just about rubbing together into turn1 as they try an outside pass and pull it off, out of the infield sweeper down the short straight and into the right hander and Goober gets a bit loose and scrubs off speed and we go around the outside of him and into the left before the dipper, we’re leading them the next lap but they’re close enough that I’m expecting the nose of their outfit to be rubbing on my back at any time, we cock up the left hander before the dipper and they’re up the inside and in front again, they come past us up the inside into the hairpin and we follow them to the infield sweeper and go past them again as the outfit hooks up and we get better drive out of there, they’re all over the back of us for the last lap but we lead them to the line :first:

Back in the pits and Pig is to tired to hold on and just rolls off the bike, my arms are pumped up but what a rush that race was :yes:

Race 2

We have a chat before hand and decide to have a bit of a play as Phil Garrett of Flying Kiwi has his new F1 outfit out and has been telling us he’ll give us a thrashing so the deal we strike between us and the Goober/Pig travelling circus is we’ll let Phil lead till the white flag then the gloves are off but in the meantime we’ll show the nose a few times and pressure him, Phil’s reluctant to grid up in front of us as we come around to line up so we go slow when the lights go out and he hits the front, we follow him and then Goober/Pig pass us and pull alongside Phil into the hairpin, we blow past them down the straight and they take us around the outside at the end we pass them out of the infield sweeper and pull alongside Phil before the right hander, this goes on for the next few laps and then as Goober/Pig make another pass on us they cock a gear change up and come to a halt trying to select another one, the white flag is out as we hit the straight and Dave dials it up, Phil’s got a good turn of speed but we’ve got more and pass around the outside off the end of the straight, we’re close enough that I’m just about expecting to end up rubbing down his bodywork, he chases us for the next lap but we pull away and take another win

Race 3

No stuffing about in this one, but we give Bill/Glen a head start to the hairpin before they let us off, Goober/Pig lead us on the first lap until we hit the infield sweeper and then we nail them on the way out and take the lead for the next lap as we lead them to the fast kink over the back and Dave brakes and they shoot past up the inside (due to a lack of brakes) :shit: we close them down into the right hander after the hairpin and they get really loose on the exit and for a moment I think Dave is going around the outside and I’m not in position, he backs off slightly and I’m there they screw up the exit out of the dipper and loose speed and we shoot up the inside and take the lead again, into the sweeper and we’ve caught Bill/Glen and hammer past them down the straight, Goober/Pig pull another pass in their favourite place off the end of the straight but we know if we’re close enough we can nail them out of the infield sweeper and that exactly what we do and take another win

We’ve got a couple of problems to sort out , the biggest being I cant get my weight out far enough on lefts which is costing us drive through the corners and secondly the handles aren’t in the right place for me (which aggravates problem 1) so they’re on the fixit list, to be perfectly honest although I seem to be getting the job done I feel like I’m flopping around like a fish out of water although it’s getting better with time on the bike

A real pleasure racing with Goober/Pig after not having any competition the last couple of rounds, I checked behind a few times and they were close enough to touch, even the passes were only with millimetres to spare and Phil’s getting faster as well trailing the two of us for the whole race a few lengths behind

Roll on the Nationals :Punk:

Tim 39
4th December 2006, 21:03
Good to hear you had a great day and did well, were you guys finding the track slippery or was it just us? we were sliding round all over the show!
weather was awsum too, except for that wind in the last race of course

Joni
5th December 2006, 15:39
Yeah, it was a great day... stunning to watch the two of you going head to head with Gary and Pete (It turned out even better than I thought it would be...)

Bring on the nationals! :sunny:

Buddha#81
5th December 2006, 21:18
Fix you traction issue with pies and plenty of em......you can even loan my fat gut leathers!

Kickaha
6th December 2006, 18:32
Fix you traction issue with pies and plenty of em......you can even loan my fat gut leathers!

Well looking at what a fine physical specimen you are I'm sure you'd be the best person to ask directions to the pie shop :yes:

Buddha#81
6th December 2006, 20:29
Well looking at what a fine physical specimen you are I'm sure you'd be the best person to ask directions to the pie shop :yes:

No need to ask, I can show you and you can even use my discount card.

flipper69
12th December 2006, 00:56
[Man you Describe a Great Race,

Sounds like you guys, as allways are having a lot of fun with your racing in the South. I hope i am going to be able to compete agaainst you guys again this year.Just waiting to finalise some sort of deal to race the Nationals.
I know it is going to be very hard this year with " Honest Phil Racing on board " but i suppose to come 2nd to such a legend is what is all about.
If he puts on a display similar to his demo at RUA last year, GOD help us all.
I will promise you guys and girls one thing, the lap record for sidecars which really isnt a lap record is gone in 07..Our team is going to SMASH it.
Cant wait to meet up with all you dudes and dudettes at xmas.

All the best.

Stacey
Team Aircom Ssangyong LCR Racing:Punk:

PS, Bring all your sisters with you so i can teach them about Kangaroos

Joni
13th December 2006, 07:36
the lap record for sidecars which really isnt a lap record is gone in 07..Our team is going to SMASH it.I look forward to seeing that Stace... :yes:

Hmm, I think you still owe me a beer or two :apint:

flipper69
13th December 2006, 23:59
Are you old enough to drink Joni,and yes i am going to smash the RUA record.
Hopefully I can bring some KIWI boys along with me to get them closer to that suspicious record..Scrivy is one guy that I think will be able to do it, especially seeing that he is on a 1600 this year. I am going to ask him if i can have a turn on his outfit , cause to have that many cc's out of a 1300 has gotta scare the shit outta ya when you are sitting on top of it, and that is one reason why i go racing.

All the Best , Dudes and Dudettes

Stacey Sellar
Team Aircom SsangYong LCR Racing

cowpoos
14th December 2006, 08:52
Are you old enough to drink Joni,and yes i am going to smash the RUA record.

you really have quite a dubious online name......would you care to explain how you decided on it???

Joni
14th December 2006, 11:16
:lol: Do you really want to know poos.....

and bless you Stace, but not even a blind old fart would ask me for identification to validate the sale of alchohol.

sidecar bob
29th January 2007, 14:18
W.T.f ? Youre on drugs man.

sidecar bob
29th January 2007, 14:21
Whoops, still trying to work out this forum thing.
That comment was in relation to Stellar saying Scrivy had a 1600.
Are we really that fast in a straight line? Didnt think so.