PDA

View Full Version : Harley-Davidson unviels Screamin' Eagle V-Rod!

White trash
17th July 2004, 12:01
Wahoo! I want it. Among other things it features 1250cc, big bore Revolution motor. Hot cams, mag wheels, cool paint.

10% more power than std VRSCA, that should shut down those pesky SP1s at the lights!

Length 2377.4 mm

Seat Height

Laden(1) 660.4 mm

Unladen 688.3 mm

Ground Clearance 141.0 mm

Rake Steering Head/Trail 34.0º / 99.1 mm

Wheelbase 1714.5 mm

Fuel Capacity(2) 14.0 L

Oil Capacity 4.3 L

Weight

Dry Weight 284.0 kg

Running Order 293.0 kg

POWERTRAIN
Engine(3) Revolution®

Displacement 1250 cm³

Bore x Stroke 105.00 mm x 72.00 mm

Engine Torque(4)(5) 116.0 nm @ 7000 rpm

Fuel System(6) Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI )

Compression Ratio 11.5:1

Liters per 100 KM(7)

Carb. N/A

ESPFI 5.5 hwy / 7.1 city

Primary Drive Gear

Gear Ratio (overall)

1st 11.752

2nd 7.898

3rd 6.322

4th 5.459

5th 4.889

WHEELS/TIRES
Wheels(8)

Front 5 spoke forged aluminum

Rear 5 spoke forged aluminum

Tire Size

Front 120/70ZR19 60W

Rear 180/55ZR18 74W

ELECTRICAL
Electronics Standard security system

Instruments Electronic speedometer; odometer; resettable tripmeter; diagnostic readout; tachometer; LCD clock

Indicator Lamps Oil pressure; engine diagnostics; coolant temperature

CHASSIS
Brakes (diameter x width)

Front 292.1 mm x 5.08 mm dual

Rear 292.1 mm x 5.84 mm

Lean Angle (per SAEJ1168) 32º / 32º

Exhaust System Slash-cut duals (except where prohibited by law)

COLOR OPTIONS(9)
Two-tone electric orange and black, two-tone candy cherry and dark candy cherry, two-tone candy blue and dark candy blue

PRICING(10)
MSRP

Base

Two-tone See your dealer for pricing information.

H-D® factory security system Standard

ESPFI

jimbo600
17th July 2004, 14:59
One day mate. After you have got confident on the ZXR250. One step at a time eh?

James Deuce
17th July 2004, 15:07
I always thought Screaming Eagle was something to do with getting a testicle caught in an exposed drive belt.

geoffm
17th July 2004, 15:36
Actually (maybe) having some power is fine - but have they made them go around corners yet? Maybe I just don't get the Harley thing, but paying a small fortune for something with naff brakes and suspension seems... strange. Even wierder to spend more money on doing what the factory should have done in the first place.
I see the corperate results for HD were listed in the Press yesterday. They make a lot of moeny out of sellign tee shirts and underwear!
Geoff

James Deuce
17th July 2004, 15:44
Actually (maybe) having some power is fine - but have they made them go around corners yet? Maybe I just don't get the Harley thing, but paying a small fortune for something with naff brakes and suspension seems... strange. Even wierder to spend more money on doing what the factory should have done in the first place.
I see the corperate results for HD were listed in the Press yesterday. They make a lot of moeny out of sellign tee shirts and underwear!
Geoff

OOOOOO - You're in trouble noooooooww!

Just off to make some coffee.

Don't go away.

scumdog
17th July 2004, 16:19
paying a small fortune for something with naff brakes and suspension seems... strange.
Geoff

Sort of like paying a small fortune for a bike that needs a steering damper to remain stable at speed or paying a small fortune for a bike that can't carry much gear and puts the pillion in a cramp inducing position or paying a small fortune for a bike that.............

One mans meat is another mans poison matey :niceone:

merv
17th July 2004, 21:03
Actually (maybe) having some power is fine - but have they made them go around corners yet
Geoff

Not with a 1714.5mm wheelbase they haven't. If you want corners I guess that's why they make Buells, but where is the Buell with the V-Rod motor?

jrandom
18th July 2004, 13:42
Still gonna be slower than a Rocket III, innit.

Never mind. It has that $25,000 badge on the tank. Much better than those £7.49 Triumph jobs.

And I *know* it's a $25,000 badge, because there's no other way the build cost and amortised R&D in a Harley could justify the price tag. Unless the manufacturer margins are obscene. But I'm sure that's not the case.

Skyryder
18th July 2004, 20:01
Bloody awful. :argh: Take the Harley logo off and what have you got?

Skyryder

riffer
18th July 2004, 20:32
Not with a 1714.5mm wheelbase they haven't. If you want corners I guess that's why they make Buells, but where is the Buell with the V-Rod motor?
Motor's probably too big to ever fit in a Buell frame, Merv...

There'd be nowhere to put the tank - either that, or no ground clearance at all.

White trash
19th July 2004, 07:37
And I *know* it's a $25,000 badge, because there's no other way the build cost and amortised R&D in a Harley could justify the price tag. Unless the manufacturer margins are obscene. But I'm sure that's not the case.

Actually, 7 years of full time development by both HD and Porsche probably costs quite a bit I'd immagine......

White trash
19th July 2004, 07:42
Geoff

Ask Jimbo750, Cycosis or Deano how well they go round corners :whistle:

Nothing wrong with the brakes either. All those bikes you have listed next to your sign on, Geoff, I'm assuming you've ridden one?

You have actually *ridden* the bike before you cast judgement? Or are you just jumping on the "Bag HD" bandwagon because they brilliantly market a product that (in most cases) aint too technological and you don't get it?

Just so we're all clear, HOG International has over 900,000 members. I guess at least a couple of people don't give a toss about "naff" brakes or suspension.

jrandom
19th July 2004, 09:13
You have actually *ridden* the bike before you cast judgement? Or are you just jumping on the "Bag HD" bandwagon because they brilliantly market a product that (in most cases) aint too technological and you don't get it?

Yup. Thass the one. :bleh:

Until my boss gives me a go on his V-Rod, anyway.

White trash
19th July 2004, 09:24
Yup. Thass the one. :bleh:

Until my boss gives me a go on his V-Rod, anyway.

Wasn't talking to you.

Anyway, a man of your obvious wit and culture will *get* the V-rod.

jrandom
19th July 2004, 09:36
Wasn't talking to you.

Anyway, a man of your obvious wit and culture will *get* the V-rod.

And I made such a good effort with the 'overpriced' troll.

Sigh.

Anyway, as a matter of interest, how 'Porsche' is that engine? Did Porsche deliver an engine to a spec, did they lend a few engineers to offer advice for a few years, or did they just fax over a few whitepapers on making things go fast and let HD associate their name with the final product?

White trash
19th July 2004, 09:41
The engine started off as the VR1000 Super bike motor. Porsche re-engineered and down tuned it to make it last longer than 3.5 hours.

When HD took delivery of an engine, they'd run it on a dyno at full revs, full load to see how long it'd last.

When it broke, they'd have Porsche re-do it. After about 6 months, they had an engine that would last 500 hours continuous canning, non stop! That's full revs, fully loaded for over 20 days.

Now tell me all HDs are unreliable.

jrandom
19th July 2004, 09:58
The engine started off as the VR1000 Super bike motor. Porsche re-engineered and down tuned it to make it last longer than 3.5 hours.

Like what Lambo did with what became the Viper V10, eh? Except in the other direction, kinda.

riffer
19th July 2004, 10:02
When it broke, they'd have Porsche re-do it. After about 6 months, they had an engine that would last 500 hours continuous canning, non stop! That's full revs, fully loaded for over 20 days.
Just a thought, how much gas would that use up... are they an efficient motor?

Eddieb
19th July 2004, 11:00
Dry Weight 284.0 kg
Running Order 293.0 kg

I didn't realise the V-Rod was still that heavy, they would be quick if they could get rid of some of the lard.

White trash
19th July 2004, 11:09
Just a thought, how much gas would that use up... are they an efficient motor?

I used 15litres between, Masterton/Castlepoint/Masterton. 132km.

And I had to virtually pedal the thing the last 20km and let the Jappas go. Untill then, there was a very nervous Jimbo watching the Gixxer mirrors. :devil2:

merv
19th July 2004, 11:45
.. and people complain about SUV's be gas guzzlers - my Landcruiser would do that 132km on 16 litres, but not at your speed mind.

scumdog
19th July 2004, 12:58
I used 15litres between, Masterton/Castlepoint/Masterton. 132km.

And I had to virtually pedal the thing the last 20km and let the Jappas go. Untill then, there was a very nervous Jimbo watching the Gixxer mirrors. :devil2:

Shoot! I would use about 7litres but then my bike wouldn't be leaving a sonic boom like yours :laugh:

Hitcher
19th July 2004, 13:17
I always thought Screaming Eagle was something to do with getting a testicle caught in an exposed drive belt.

Ha ha ha! Or zipping one's willy into one's fly?

gav
19th July 2004, 16:45

When HD took delivery of an engine, they'd run it on a dyno at full revs, full load to see how long it'd last.

Now tell me all HDs are unreliable.
Of course what Harley should have done was just buy the Britten :niceone:

White trash
19th July 2004, 16:52
Of course what Harley should have done was just buy the Britten :niceone:

There was a rumour (unsubstantiated) that when approached, Mr Britten was not interested in selling the Britten. I could (and probably am) talking utter shit but that's my understanding.

Why would Harley want a sports bike that competes with Buell anyway....

Motu
19th July 2004, 17:17
Ah,Porsche - of Lada Samara fame,they take the money and run.

Big Dog
19th July 2004, 18:32
I've always thought of harleys a bit like any other big block. They are for the man who does not care about the quarter mile as they have more torque than would be required to pull a stump, or an overwheight middle aged guy.

Big Dog
19th July 2004, 18:34
realises what he just said and shivers in fear...... Less than a decade to go before it is my responsibility as a overwheight middle aged white guy to have a Harley and a rediculously overpowered R1 parked next to the F250.

James Deuce
19th July 2004, 20:02
realises what he just said and shivers in fear...... Less than a decade to go before it is my responsibility as a overwheight middle aged white guy to have a Harley and a rediculously overpowered R1 parked next to the F250.

:argh:

Please! Dodge Ram.

F250....mutter....grumble

Two Smoker
19th July 2004, 20:22
I was thinking more along the lines of F-150 SVT, tuned by Walton Special Vehicles......

NordieBoy
20th July 2004, 08:33
Ah,Porsche - of Lada Samara fame,they take the money and run.

Not like Lotus or Cosworth then...

Bloor did a ring around of the independant engine designers to get opinions on what was needed to make the triple work in superbike racing and the designers basically said "nope".
So he went to Cosworth and they took a pile of money from him and said "Nope" as well.

:D

Deano
20th July 2004, 09:20
Just saw this thread today.

I can vouch for the cornering ability of the V-Rod, albeit with a few scrape marks on the radiator shroud and exhaust. Still, it probably depends a lot on the loose nut behind the headset eh Trashy ?

As for the traffic light drags........we'll see eh? Incidentally, after a ride with Jimbo and Fizzerman on Sunday, the latter thinks he can take me "off the line" on his crappy old in line 750....methinks he is dreaming - save the bullshit for Thursday night Drew.

Motu
20th July 2004, 10:03
Not like Lotus or Cosworth then...

Bloor did a ring around of the independant engine designers to get opinions on what was needed to make the triple work in superbike racing and the designers basically said "nope".
So he went to Cosworth and they took a pile of money from him and said "Nope" as well.

:D

Yes,they are design consulants now,the names are tacked onto them (Lotus Big Horns!) and are starting to mean absolutly nothing.The Samara had a bloody good motor - just me stirring :o

riffer
20th July 2004, 10:14
As for the traffic light drags........we'll see eh? Incidentally, after a ride with Jimbo and Fizzerman on Sunday, the latter thinks he can take me "off the line" on his crappy old in line 750....methinks he is dreaming - save the bullshit for Thursday night Drew.
Well the crappy old FZR750 probably puts all of its power on to the ground, maybe, rather than throwing the front wheel up in the air.

I reckon he'd have you Deano, up to about 50km/hr ;)

Deano
20th July 2004, 11:53
Well the crappy old FZR750 probably puts all of its power on to the ground, maybe, rather than throwing the front wheel up in the air.

I reckon he'd have you Deano, up to about 50km/hr ;)

Hope I didn't offend celtic, just having a dig at Drew. His FZR does look pretty crap at the moment after his bin.

He reckons he wasn't expecting a drag race on Sunday and wasn't prepared for it.......yeah right....three bikes at the lights.....rev..rev.....

The SP does tend to lift the front in first gear but leaning over the tank sorts that out. She launches off the line mate........Im keen to have a go against all takers anyways...... :msn-wink:

riffer
20th July 2004, 13:18
Hope I didn't offend celtic, just having a dig at Drew. His FZR does look pretty crap at the moment after his bin.
You didn't offend me at all Deano.

FZR's are supposed to look that way. It's the sheer power of the bloody things (All 95 crank horsepower of it) combined with that 228kilo weight that makes them fall over all the time :laugh:

Seriously, how the hell could a fizzer compete with your SP1 :whistle:

Only in ability to keep going after multiple crashes.

FYI, it only cost about $900 to get my crappy old bike roadworthy again after throwing it down the road at approx. 80 km/hr through three lanes of rush hour traffic and into a boat trailer...

what do you think you would have been if it were your bike?

ie, replacement forks, replacement rotors, new wheel and steering bearings?

Something to be said for riding an old shitter :niceone:

Deano
20th July 2004, 13:32
Seriously, how the hell could a fizzer compete with your SP1 :whistle:

Dunno - have to ask Fizzerman that one on Thursday night - when are you going to join us C ?

riffer
20th July 2004, 14:14
Dunno - have to ask Fizzerman that one on Thursday night - when are you going to join us C ?
The CDFO says as soon as my bike is up and running all legal-like, and I can afford to insure it and put petrol in the tank, I am allowed to join you fellas for the thursday night action.

White trash
20th July 2004, 14:50
The CDFO says as soon as my bike is up and running all legal-like, and I can afford to insure it and put petrol in the tank, I am allowed to join you fellas for the thursday night action.

We'll keep a seat spare in that case :2thumbsup

riffer
20th July 2004, 15:03
We'll keep a seat spare in that case :2thumbsup
Not this week WT.

Damn I hate being broke.

Bonez
26th September 2004, 19:26
Wahoo! I want it. Among other things it features 1250cc, big bore Revolution motor. Hot cams, mag wheels, cool paint.

10% more power than std VRSCA, that should shut down those pesky SP1s at the lights!

What's all the fuss about? While riding my ol '76 cb550 I met a guy with a HD he customised over the last 6 or so years(maybe more, he bought the cheap model at the time he said) that would beat the pants off it. Only thing orig spec was the seat.

Jackrat
26th September 2004, 20:02
Geoff

Not even a very good Troll,
Try this :bleh: ,HD are the most popular motocycle IN THE WORLD,:bleh:
They make several models,Some of which go round corners very well,all of them have brakes which match their design criterea.
They have the largest fan club IN THE WORLD :bleh: ,they are the oldest manafacture IN THE WORLD :bleh: .The myth that they are unreliable came from the AMF days when they were not being made by the original company,as soon as HD was bought back, the problem was solved,today they are no more or less reliable than any other make.They own the name Sportster. :bleh:
They are the MOST POPULAR MOTORCYCLE IN THE WORLD :bleh: :apint:

Bonez
26th September 2004, 20:25
While we are trolling. Why is it non-motorcyclist thinks every m/clist wants a Harley and gives one Harley related nick nacks? Got given a pocket watch with a Harley alpabet soup model stamped on it, a model etc, etc. etc. :beer: :devil2:

Mongoose
26th September 2004, 20:34
While we are trolling. Why is it non-motorcyclist thinks every m/clist wants a Harley and gives one Harley related nick nacks? Got given a pocket watch with a Harley alpabet soup model stamped on it, a model etc, etc. etc. :beer: :devil2:

Because that is the most common thing presented to the public, tell me of another brand that has that much nic-nac crap for sale, huh? :blink:

Posh Tourer :P
26th September 2004, 20:42
Because that is the most common thing presented to the public, tell me of another brand that has that much nic-nac crap for sale, huh? :blink:
BMW, except all theirs is in flash mail order catalogues, and very expensive. Any random stuff to do with motorbikes, if made unlicenced, either looks like a harley, or a generic sportsbike. At least the ones that look like Harleys, have a name that the public knows. Harley , yeah - from easy rider, and all the gangs ride them yah.... GSXR/ZX10R/YZFR1, its all just a bundle of letters innit.... Suzuki, Yamaha, Kawasaki, no-one has any conception of what a stereotypical one of these looks like, but a harley looks like a harley in the public's mind (never mind the Guzzi Cali, BMW R1200C, and all the jap cruisers - they all look like harleys, right?) , and its a well known name.

Bonez
26th September 2004, 20:47
BMW, except all theirs is in flash mail order catalogues, and very expensive. Any random stuff to do with motorbikes, if made unlicenced, either looks like a harley, or a generic sportsbike. At least the ones that look like Harleys, have a name that the public knows. Harley , yeah - from easy rider, and all the gangs ride them yah.... GSXR/ZX10R/YZFR1, its all just a bundle of letters innit.... Suzuki, Yamaha, Kawasaki, no-one has any conception of what a stereotypical one of these looks like, but a harley looks like a harley in the public's mind (never mind the Guzzi Cali, BMW R1200C, and all the jap cruisers - they all look like harleys, right?) , and its a well known name.
Might just be that the majority of folk like potatoes, potatoes, potatoes :D

(PS another toll allert!)

Skyryder
26th September 2004, 21:25
but a harley looks like a harley in the public's mind (never mind the Guzzi Cali, BMW R1200C, and all the jap cruisers - they all look like harleys, right?) , and its a well known name.

Wrong PT Never could see the resemblance between a Hog and a Goose. They are as different as chalk and cheese. One wallows in the mire the other flies through the sky.

I once got stuck behind four Harleys in the Kaikoura's. Jeeezz these guys were so slow I could have gotten off an walked faster.

Skyryder

Posh Tourer :P
26th September 2004, 21:34
Yeah but the public cant tell the difference - its a fast harley rider and a slow harley rider to them....

scumdog
26th September 2004, 21:55
Wrong PT Never could see the resemblance between a Hog and a Goose. They are as different as chalk and cheese. One wallows in the mire the other flies through the sky.

I once got stuck behind four Harleys in the Kaikoura's. Jeeezz these guys were so slow I could have gotten off an walked faster.

Skyryder

See, once again another one of you wanabe Harley riders missed the point, those dudes in the Kaikouras were in no hurry to get anywhere, they were already where they wanted to be - on their Harleys :whistle:

Skyryder
26th September 2004, 22:29
See, once again another one of you wanabe Harley riders missed the point, those dudes in the Kaikouras were in no hurry to get anywhere, they were already where they wanted to be - on their Harleys :whistle:

Skyryder a wanabe? Nope, I am. :first:

If I'm already where I want to be, I stop. So I guess these guys wanted to be somewhere else. So did I. :stoogie:

Skyryder

Bonez
27th September 2004, 07:13
Ya forgot to put troll in front ;). Had a bit of fun with a couple yesterday. the V-Rod rider "wanted" to be in front. And to be far they've got exellent low down grunt. Turns out he was a local cop-passing on double yellow lines, blind corners and all the other naughty naughty riding things(almost got collected when passing car). Just for a tease I passed the pair and gave a freindly wave. Well the V-Rod rider wasn't happy at all being passed by a 28 year old japper. :bye: The other rider was quite happy meandering along. As I said earlier Harley riders are fun to play with :msn-wink:

scumdog
27th September 2004, 09:22
Ya forgot to put troll in front ;). As I said earlier Harley riders are fun to play with :msn-wink:

Yeah, Mrs SD tells me that too! :killingme

The guy on the V-rod you mentioned (the cop?) need a tonging-up for his riding - I hope you said something - I do, regardless of who is riding/driving :mad:

White trash
27th September 2004, 16:58
Ya forgot to put troll in front ;). Had a bit of fun with a couple yesterday. the V-Rod rider "wanted" to be in front. And to be far they've got exellent low down grunt. :

V-Rod's got good grunt everywhere. Ask any of the Wellys crew how good they are.

A Toad 2
22nd October 2004, 21:26

exactly thats why they are called cruisers, a bloody lot more comfortable than sports bikes but each to their own i guess.for me i like the feeling of low down grunt as opposed to hi revs.

AMPS
28th October 2004, 09:16
V Rod's only 1 sec slower to 160 than a Rocket 3. ('Bike' mag). Less power, but less weight too.
Lou

That Guy
28th October 2004, 15:40
Just on this 'Harelys are a bit stone age thing so why are they so expensive?'

I'm a sports bike man myself but have on two occasions been on about 300km long rides on a Harely 1200 with loads of Scremun Egul bits on it. Handled like a piece of poo (tick) brakes were shite (tick) wasn't that fast compared to any other bike half the cost (tick) vibrated like crazy (tick) BUT they sound cool as, and I have NEVER ever been on a bike other than that Harley and had strangers of the pretty female type come up to me when parked (posing) somewhere in a town you've stopped in and say "nice bike.....can you take me for a ride?"

You roll into a small town, throb (sic) your way up to a cafe, look up and EVERYONE is looking at you...add to that on NZ roads they're good for not getting tickets I can see why people buy them....ride one then judge my fellow sport bikers..... :cool:

NC
28th October 2004, 15:44
One day mate. After you have got confident on the ZXR250. One step at a time eh?

:laugh: :eek:

vifferman
28th October 2004, 15:46
I have NEVER ever been on a bike other than that Harley and had strangers of the pretty female type come up to me when parked (posing) somewhere in a town you've stopped in and say "nice bike.....can you take me for a ride?"
I have heard (but this hasn't been verified) that female types don't find the vibrations annoying... :msn-wink:

scumdog
28th October 2004, 15:51
Just on this 'Harelys are a bit stone age thing so why are they so expensive?'

I'm a sports bike man myself but have on two occasions been on about 300km long rides on a Harely 1200 with loads of Scremun Egul bits on it. Handled like a piece of poo (tick) brakes were shite (tick) wasn't that fast compared to any other bike half the cost (tick) vibrated like crazy (tick) BUT they sound cool as, and I have NEVER ever been on a bike other than that Harley and had strangers of the pretty female type come up to me when parked (posing) somewhere in a town you've stopped in and say "nice bike.....can you take me for a ride?"

You roll into a small town, throb (sic) your way up to a cafe, look up and EVERYONE is looking at you...add to that on NZ roads they're good for not getting tickets I can see why people buy them....ride one then judge my fellow sport bikers..... :cool:

NOW you know why I have one!! BTW mine is a 'S' Sporty with some skreeminegal bits, handles not too bad, brakes good enough to do stoppies if I had the balls, will do 180+ two-up (apparently) and Mrs SD hasn't moaned (well not that I could hear while riding) about the vibes. :eek5:

Bob
29th October 2004, 06:22
I have nothing against Harley-Davidson - the bike (I don't own a cruiser myself, but I've enjoyed riding them. Right now, a cruiser doesn't do suit what I use the bike for - if I had space for a 2nd bike - make that 3 bikes in the garage - I'd happily own a cruiser).

I do get irritated with "Harley - the attitude". Normally not Harley RIDERS, but Harley OWNERS that buy into all the sales pitch. Note the very, very specific distinction between RIDERS (like Scumdog) and OWNERS (the people that have to have all the dopey bits and pieces, buy the mugs, call each other "dude" and so forth).

Buy one because you want one and enjoy it. Not because of some clever piece of corporate bullshit.

One question though - why is it that no-one seems to be able to spell Harley-Davidson's accessories company's name correctly?

It is Screamin' Eagle! No idea why, but there seems to be 1,001 spellings of it commonly used - and they are never right!

Lets face it though - Harley-Davidson is the one bike that non-bikers know.

Tell a non-biker you ride and it is odds on they'll say "Do you ride a Harley?" When you tell them no, guaranteed they'll reply "Oh I bet you wish you did though". And then start telling you how they saw a Harley-Davidson Virago or Dragstar or Marauder just the other day...

SPORK
29th October 2004, 06:51
Yeah, heard one yesterday, made me wish I had a lassoo :mad:

Honestly, I could fit inside that exhaust! I think that most HD riders must be deaf, because it is quieter at an airfield (on the runway) than 100 feet away from a HD.

The public just knows most bikes as the Harleys, and the Non Harleys... which sometimes get called Harleys...

I'm not knocking them, because i am a slobberish n00b l4m3x0r, but it just plains annoys me

Bonez
29th October 2004, 06:52

Tell a non-biker you ride and it is odds on they'll say "Do you ride a Harley?" When you tell them no, guaranteed they'll reply "Oh I bet you wish you did though". And then start telling you how they saw a Harley-Davidson Virago or Dragstar or Marauder just the other day...
Funny you mention that. I was talking to a bloke the other day a apperently (according to his "biker" mate) Ducatis engines where produced by H-D! :puke: Nearly crashed the 4 x 4 I was driving laughing. Needless to say he was corrected in the error of his ways :killingme

White trash
29th October 2004, 07:11
One question though - why is it that no-one seems to be able to spell Harley-Davidson's accessories company's name correctly?

It is Screamin' Eagle! No idea why, but there seems to be 1,001 spellings of it commonly used - and they are never right!

Screamin' Seagull, Screamin Rooster, the choice is yours.

jrandom
29th October 2004, 07:23

Squawkin' Chicken.

That Guy
29th October 2004, 07:57
Squawkin' Chicken.

Moaning Moa

Blakamin
29th October 2004, 08:12
Shiny Things (trademark Red Dwarf)

scumdog
29th October 2004, 09:03
Gee, if I chose one of those would my hogly go even faster? :blah:

scumdog
29th October 2004, 09:08
I do get irritated with "Harley - the attitude". Normally not Harley RIDERS, but Harley OWNERS that buy into all the sales pitch. Note the very, very specific distinction between RIDERS (like Scumdog) and OWNERS (the people that have to have all the dopey bits and pieces, buy the mugs, call each other "dude" and so forth).

See, I told you! Two types of riders, those with a Harley and those that want one :innocent: :msn-wink: :cool2:

Bob
29th October 2004, 21:58
See, I told you! Two types of riders, those with a Harley and those that want one :innocent: :msn-wink: :cool2:

I'm going to be gone some time... I am off to look for reality and it seems to have disappeared over the horizon... :wacko:

scumdog
31st October 2004, 13:02
I'm going to be gone some time... I am off to look for reality and it seems to have disappeared over the horizon... :wacko:

Aw c'mon Bob, I'z just kidding! Bob? Bob?, hey Bob? :disapint:

Coyote
31st October 2004, 15:02
And then theres those like madcat and I who think harleys are for wankers who want one cause they think they will become instantly cool. Ask a Harley rider why they brought it and they will give you an answer to do with image, just like someone who is wearing a Nike T-shirt.

scumdog
31st October 2004, 19:27
And then theres those like madcat and I who think harleys are for wankers who want one cause they think they will become instantly cool. Ask a Harley rider why they brought it and they will give you an answer to do with image, just like someone who is wearing a Nike T-shirt.

This wanker bought his harley because he wanted one, this wanker also doesn't give a fat rats arse what all the other wankers in the world think of him and his Harley :Playnice:

Bonez
31st October 2004, 20:31
This wanker bought his harley because he wanted one, this wanker also doesn't give a fat rats arse what all the other wankers in the world think of him and his Harley :Playnice: Awwww come on SD you reaaaaaallly do care :msn-wink: Oh, have I mentioned I wave at wankers?:spudwave:

Bob
1st November 2004, 00:25
Aw c'mon Bob, I'z just kidding! Bob? Bob?, hey Bob? :disapint:

I'm ba-aa-ck!

Been out this morning to give the XV250 a run (wifey is away, so it needed a quick spin).

It is SO funny when car drivers see the little cruiser in front of them and clearly think "It is slow, I'll go past it"... then realise it is actually carrying a fair head of steam. Best one was when I pulled away from lights and idiot behind decided this. We both reached the speed camera at the same time (I knew it was there, he didn't), so I am set up perfectly for when we leave photo range.

So he starts to accellerate... so do I. He goes up to 50mph... so do I, sitting right by his window. So he ups it to 60... so do I, sitting right by his window. So he starts pushing it further. I pulled out at 65 - still another 10mph left in the little bike, but I knew another camera was coming up (40mph trigger), so I didn't want to over-work the little Yamaha's brakes.

That said, I did shoot past someone else at 75 later - the look on their faces is SO funny. And they can't cope with it and have to try to go past - before realising you've just caned them!

For anyone who says cruisers can't shift - they can. You just have to look at how you get to the speed in a different way.

I'll stop grinning in a while... nah.