PDA

View Full Version : Bike Magazine DVD "Great Roads...Great Rides"

ceebie13
4th December 2006, 17:36
Did anyone manage to get a copy of "Bike" Magazine (August or September Issue?) The reason I ask is because it should have had a free cover DVD attached called "Great Roads...Great Rides". Now it maybe that cover DVD's are omitted from overseas copies of the mag which if I knew to be true would have answered my question, but I have found it increasingly difficult to find recent copies of "Bike" on the shelves here in Welly. The DVD in question was issued by the Highways Agency in the UK as a guide to safer riding. It was not an attempt to teach bikers how to suck eggs, but it contained a lot of useful information that may help a lot of new riders here in New Zealand too. How do I know this you ask?
Well I won the commission to create all the on-screen graphics and animations in the DVD. (I'm a freelance TV graphic designer and the DVD producer was a colleague back in the UK - nuff said!)The DVD has chapters on Bike Preparation, Kit advice, Reading the road, Group Riding, Security, Crash Scene Management, Planning your ride, Keeping your licence, and Skills Enhancement. I have a copy of the DVD which I could copy if anyone were interested. But please don't all rush at once...I do not have a multi-copying facility in my office here at home so I'd have to copy it as and when required.

James Deuce
4th December 2006, 18:16
Bike magazine can be found at Megazines and Small's Books and Models.

You probably won't see September Bike for another week or so and it will be most likely without the DVD.

Ghost Lemur
4th December 2006, 18:56
Would love a copy ceebie13.

If you don't want to be burning off a bunch of disks, how about throwing a torrent up and we can all leech it that way?

jonbuoy
4th December 2006, 19:27
A lot of the free cover stuff gets left out, annoying as they already charge an outrageous price.

mops
6th December 2006, 15:00
i have a mass dvd copier here at work that I could use to mass copy the dvd's.
let me know whether there is any intrest of doing it.

Bend-it
6th December 2006, 15:10
Yeah, I have access to a 7 DVD burner as well. Also, since I'm in Welly, I could pick it up from you sometime... I'll be at UncleB's funeral tomorrow and could pick it up there if you're there...

ceebie13
6th December 2006, 16:20
Yeah, I have access to a 7 DVD burner as well. Also, since I'm in Welly, I could pick it up from you sometime... I'll be at UncleB's funeral tomorrow and could pick it up there if you're there...

Brilliant. I have two masters here. I'll give you one (ooh er!) at the funeral.
Come check me out. Big bloke on big bike!!

Rich

L.L. Cool M
7th December 2006, 12:36
I would appreciate a copy if there is a spare one floating about. Anything which can make me better is good.

Thank you.

dnos
7th December 2006, 12:55
yip i am keen also. Either for a copy of the dvd or a download.
I recall seeing one of those UK mags recently with a sticker saying "DVD not available in NZ"

Squeak the Rat
7th December 2006, 12:58
I bought the october bike mag last weekend - you wellington fullas live in the wops or what?

insane1
7th December 2006, 13:04
could do with a copy plse if poss.

Daffyd
7th December 2006, 21:28
I'd love a copy if that's ok. I need all the help I can get!

James Deuce
7th December 2006, 22:54
I bought the october bike mag last weekend - you wellington fullas live in the wops or what?

You just think you bought it. The Bends can be a bugger on your memory.

mitchilin
21st December 2006, 17:41
The last "Bike" magazine I bought had a Road Test Database as a freebie.Exactly the same size as a DVD so there is a chance the magazine will have the disc with it.