PDA

View Full Version : Honda vtz250-what should i do

jord
5th December 2006, 12:54
Hi there

I have a 89' honda vtz250 and am wanting i bit more noise out of it. Being a vt i know it has alot of potential to sound great but i am wodering what i should do to get the sound i want. Im after a louder and deeper sound (not so it sounds like a dirtbike)

Just wanting to know what taking the baffles out of my stock exhaust would sound like....or should i get some money together and buy a can from somewhere. Could someone please tell what i should do and if i should be bying one where i should go.(im based in wellington)
:yes:

frogfeaturesFZR
7th December 2006, 08:57
See Bounces thread from this forum......

bungbung
7th December 2006, 09:02
See Bounces thread from this forum......

Limbimtwin has a thread about his VTR250 muffler also worth reading

Wasp
7th December 2006, 09:09
talk to Insanity_rules he has my old vtz and pulled some baffles out of it - it sounds great

p.s. if ive met you ive probably told you but rattly engine noise = rooted camchains - fix asap

FilthyLuka
7th December 2006, 11:59
Hi there

I have a 89' honda vtz250 and am wanting i bit more noise out of it. Being a vt i know it has alot of potential to sound great but i am wodering what i should do to get the sound i want. Im after a louder and deeper sound (not so it sounds like a dirtbike)

Just wanting to know what taking the baffles out of my stock exhaust would sound like....or should i get some money together and buy a can from somewhere. Could someone please tell what i should do and if i should be bying one where i should go.(im based in wellington)
:yes:

hacksaw, mounting shim (peice of pipe works well for cheap arses), exhaust gunk for the gap (in the shim) and CRC exhaust tape to take up a couple mm, usually just 1 or 2 mm (it expands and holds the bitch on there!), slash cut shorty from motomail (removable baffle, theres one on my ginny, it sounds mean and loud with the even baffle in! Im really pleased with it, nice low pitched grunt and a angered bark when you rev it, i love the thing) for $60 +/- $5

In that order

so, you get down pipe, a layer of tape seal, shim (if its even needed) + gunk, one bit o' tape then exhaust muffler... seals everything and doesnt cost you your testicles...

Denden

jord
8th December 2006, 13:05
thanks alot guys really apreciate the help will look into all of what has been said.

Jahdafario
30th August 2007, 21:24
Limbimtwin has a thread about his VTR250 muffler also worth reading

Hey Guys,

I'm trying hard to track down this thread from Limbimtwin, for the VTR250 muffler mod,

I just bought a VTR250 and it sounds like a toilet flushing washing machine,

I heard that the lil Vtwin can sound half decent with a mod, new can, I am willing to pay for the sound and don't want performance gains. Thats when my future TL or Firestorm will come in :)

please if anyone has a link to the abovementioned threads, I would be very much appreciative.

cheers,
dan