PDA

View Full Version : Track Day, man it was awesome!!!

Two Smoker
17th July 2004, 18:27
Hey everyone,

Well i got to the track day, and there were a few bikes there, MR, CBR1000, GSX-R600, ZX-10R, CBR250RR, and Drunken Monkey and another GSX-R750....

And ofcourse my trusty RG150 lol..... Andrew was there, and i brought a few friends along just to see what i do..

I started off the first session badly, had big nerve problems from the bin a few weeks ago, but after 10 laps i started to get back in the flow of things and putting down solid 1:24's and 1:23's (which i still considered not good) But there was shit all over the track from the drifters and the Hairpin was wet the whole day....

IN the next session i let Andrew have a go on my bike, he had a ball and it was good to see him on the track :niceone:

In the final session MR and i swapped bikes and i rode his GSX-R600 and he my RG150, now i havent got much experience with big bikes (only a small ride on F/F's bike and a very small ride on MR's bike) and this was my first time riding a big bike hard...... i started off putting down 1:15's and the times came down with every lap... after about 15 laps i was getting in the low 1:12's and had i been able to do more laps that time would have fallen, not to bad i think considering my riding experience on big bikes lol.....

MR was putting down 1:08's and got a couple of 1:06's, but once again not at all the best conditions on track..... Fast guy of the day was the guy on the ZX-10R who was doing 1:02's until he had a small off at the back off the straight.....

Awesome day, and will be there next weekend :niceone: although i did wear through a complete slider and part of my leather suit after riding MR's bike :gob: :crazy: oh well it can be fixed......

Firefight
17th July 2004, 19:28
hey TS, glad you had a good day mate, sorry I did not get back too watch you, had a slight techno prob, time I got my radiator out, and found a car to go back to the track, you guys had gone.

F/F :blink:

MikeL
17th July 2004, 20:57
Fast guy of the day was the guy on the ZX-10R who was doing 1:02's until he had a small off at the back off the straight.....

This was the last race, eh Chris? We saw the truck go out and were relieved to see it wasn't for you or Sudeep! That guy on the ZX10 was fast! But who was the one doing monos all down the front straight???

Posh Tourer :P
17th July 2004, 20:57
So were MR's 1:08s on your RG???:P

What times was he doing on it?
I am not working on the 24th, so I may be down there again to observe... and maybe have a small punt around on the ZXR if I feel rich.... and its fine... and.... etc etc etc

Milky
17th July 2004, 22:43
there were two guys doing monos - sorry I dont know if they are Kbers, but a guy named jon? on a red CBR was doing them until he left, just before you guys came back to the track. there was also a silver gixxer thou which is the one you would remember. dunno what his name was however....

Motoracer
18th July 2004, 01:38
It was an ok day for me. 1ce I got real close to highsideing the bike after exiting the hairpin while tring to go over the water streams running down the track.

F*ck I hate thoes c*nty drifters. There was so much crap on the track that they had left for us cause they can't drive for sh*t. While exiting Castrol, I had another moment of sliding on the mud that was on the track. I was already pretty cautious but yea, I don't like to deal with this crap when I am on a racetrack.

My tires are pretty much gone as well so I hope I can get a hook up for a new set for Manfield next week.

Thanx for the ride on the RG man. It was relaxing after riding the GSXR lol. Still quite fun though but it just needs more top speed. I was definetly impressed by how you picked up the pace on my bike with out having much experience on bigger bikes. :niceone: I reckon you should really get yourself a 6 hundy if you can eh.

As always, it was was cool having you guys watch us from the sidelines too. :)

P.S. One of your mates was pretty hot eh TS!

Two Smoker
18th July 2004, 08:45
Cheers MR, and thank you for the ride on the gixxer lol.... With the RG i could only find improvement in the hairpin and dropping it harder into the esses and wider line through castrol, but on the gixxer i saw improvement needed everywhere......

I NEED A 600!!!!!!!!!!!

PS: yep that was Danielle, shes a model lol.... (she might be there next week too..)

Ms Piggy
18th July 2004, 11:35
Well done TS - you're doing well! Keep at it and you'll get better & better I'm sure :niceone:

Andrew
18th July 2004, 12:23
Thanks TS for letting me borrow your bike for a session. It was my first time out on the track so aimed to have fun and I surley did!!

Oh MR & TS you guys are looking polished as always => Keep up the good work!! :niceone:

curious george
18th July 2004, 14:16
Go TS! Shit, well done on a strange bike and doing 1.15's!
*hangs head in shame*

Two Smoker
18th July 2004, 17:41
Go TS! Shit, well done on a strange bike and doing 1.15's!
*hangs head in shame*
LOL, dont hang your head, it was the bike doing the times, compared to MR's 1:08's and 1:06's on the day i was a nana as usual with my little 1:12's :(

KATWYN
18th July 2004, 18:01
LOL, dont hang your head, it was the bike doing the times, compared to MR's 1:08's and 1:06's on the day i was a nana as usual with my little 1:12's :(

A nana at 1.12 :gob: ?

18th July 2004, 18:04
A nana at 1.12 :gob: ?

ditto...

This slow rider/nana business is getting rather insulting to all of the rest of us who are slower than that..... Or at least thats what I think anyway.... Stop beating everyone else over the head with modesty.... Its not very.... ummm... modest...

Ghost Lemur
18th July 2004, 18:22
ditto...

This slow rider/nana business is getting rather insulting to all of the rest of us who are slower than that..... Or at least thats what I think anyway.... Stop beating everyone else over the head with modesty.... Its not very.... ummm... modest...

I have to agree. Although I can understand how TS wants to be faster and therefore sees himself as slow "compared" to that. It doesn't actually make him slow.

TS - How's about a comprimise. You realize you are fast. But there is (as there always will be) people faster and therefore room for improvement.

Look at it this way Rossi is damn fast and knows it, but it doesn't mean he thinks there is no room for improvement.

It sometimes seems as though it's either a habitual putdown, or a religous thing (as in if you ever started admitting you were relatively fast you'd all of a sudden loose it and start crashing badly, or be slow).

Just some observations. All I can say is I oneday hope to ride like a nana. :P

Two Smoker
18th July 2004, 19:00
While i admit i am resonably fast compared to most riders, i still consider myself slow with where i want to be riding at, i consider MR as very fast, and Nicko as "fuckingincredablyfast"

Although it was my first time on the Gixxer 600, riding it hard, and i knew i had bettered the times of people who have been riding for a while on a 600, and Drunken Monkey on his 750, i saw room for improvement everywhere..... On the RG i can only find 2 places where i can save time, where on the gixxer there was everywhere...

Its all about perception of what "fast is".. Some people may think (well most people) im fast because i can keep up with or beat 600-1000cc sports bikes, i do not think that is fast..... Keeping up with CK, MR WT (most of the welly boys) or Nicko (when he gets back on the road and i can finally ride with him...) that is Fast for me.... So untill that day, i still see myself as being slow.....

Milky
18th July 2004, 21:09
All I can say is I oneday hope to ride like a nana. :P
Amen to that... though it would be nicer without the expense of dentures, cataracts and a walking frame :msn-wink:

Firefight
19th July 2004, 05:39
While i admit i am resonably fast compared to most riders, i still consider myself slow with where i want to be riding at, i consider MR as very fast, and Nicko as "fuckingincredablyfast"

Although it was my first time on the Gixxer 600, riding it hard, and i knew i had bettered the times of people who have been riding for a while on a 600, and Drunken Monkey on his 750, i saw room for improvement everywhere..... On the RG i can only find 2 places where i can save time, where on the gixxer there was everywhere...

Its all about perception of what "fast is".. Some people may think (well most people) im fast because i can keep up with or beat 600-1000cc sports bikes, i do not think that is fast..... Keeping up with CK, MR WT (most of the welly boys) or Nicko (when he gets back on the road and i can finally ride with him...) that is Fast for me.... So untill that day, i still see myself as being slow.....

This subject has been beaten to death,(see Andrews thread on the subject) but seems you want to keep at it, Ia'm with you TS, its all about your own perception, It is not intended as a put down to anyone if one of us consider ourselves as slow, we are comparring this with the people we normally ride with or the people we try to keep up with, why do you have to find that insulting ?, are we not allowed to judge our own level of ability ?.

Firefight.

19th July 2004, 08:42
This subject has been beaten to death,(see Andrews thread on the subject) but seems you want to keep at it, Ia'm with you TS, its all about your own perception, It is not intended as a put down to anyone if one of us consider ourselves as slow, we are comparring this with the people we normally ride with or the people we try to keep up with, why do you have to find that insulting ?, are we not allowed to judge our own level of ability ?.

Firefight.

He knows he's quicker than a lot of us. I'm not objecting to him calling himself a nana, I'm just getting a bit over the word nana being mentioned in every post....Its labouring a point that doesnt need to be laboured

nicko
19th July 2004, 17:44
Nice effort Smoker, I'd say that's a pretty good effort for your first time on a 600.....and some respectable times on the one fiddy as well! The 600's still only got 150cc cylinders, it's just there's 4 of em to use at once.

The way MR was riding the other weekend at Puke I'd better get my act together coz he's got some good skills! MR, you got your entry sorted for the weekend? You're gonna love Manfield!

Motoracer
19th July 2004, 17:53
The way MR was riding the other weekend at Puke I'd better get my act together coz he's got some good skills! MR, you got your entry sorted for the weekend? You're gonna love Manfield!

Thanx nick! :)

I think I have but I haven't been able to get hold of Daryl to confirm that I am good to go. I'll have to try again tomorrow.

I sent it on Friday with the courior post with the saturday delivery sticker so I don't see any reason for the form not being there on time. I'll give you a ring tomorrow afternoon after I confirm that I am definetly going to be on the grid.

Two Smoker
19th July 2004, 17:58
LOL, cheers Nick, yep hoping to get some 1:21's and 1:20's if it is completely dry and no mud this weekend.....

Good luck for the Weekend both of you :niceone: Nick do you think you will be doing better as it is not the reverse track????

Just wish i could watch you guys there and race as well :(

nicko
19th July 2004, 18:10
Cheers MR, let me know as soon as you find out in case I have to find another co-driver.

Hope to be going a hellofa lot quicker than last time Smoker, need to lift my game a bit and start doing some quicker times.....got some Bruns huntin to do!

Two Smoker
19th July 2004, 18:14
Cheers MR, let me know as soon as you find out in case I have to find another co-driver.

Hope to be going a hellofa lot quicker than last time Smoker, need to lift my game a bit and start doing some quicker times.....got some Bruns huntin to do!
LOL, good to see the Aucklanders give the welly boys a bit of shit :niceone: Good luck to you both, Johan's K4 was looking bloody quick at Puke a few weeks ago (well what i saw of it before i crashed :doh: ) so might be looking at some more fairings of you Nick........

Kwaka-Kid
19th July 2004, 22:27
good luck nicko! only wish i could be there :(
Well a pukekohe practise day on my bike for me this weekend it is.. yay for testing.

And MR too! Man all the best, ive only been to manfield once but reckon it was a great track - wanted more experience before i made the next massive journey down... Go show em how quick an aucklander can pickup their track! :niceone:

:spudwave: Safe journey to y'all too!

andy1
20th July 2004, 00:58
Good luck MR and nicko! :niceone:

TS keep it up :niceone: If u can keep up wit sudeeps mates well done :not:

P.S Hey MR is Gary going back for good?? :mellow:

Motoracer
20th July 2004, 10:26
Thanx for the well wishes guys :)

P.S Hey MR is Gary going back for good?? :mellow:

Na, he reckons he'll finish off his studies there and come back 2 years later. Just in time for the 06' R1! :eek: