PDA

View Full Version : Blue Smoke, lots of it

Stinkwheeler
17th July 2004, 22:37
Gidday, ummm where do I start?

I'm 15, going on 16 in about half a month. I've had my motorcycle license for 8 months. I'm still on a learner license mostly because I havn't been bothered to take the test.

I love riding two strokes. All of the bikes I have listed are two strokes. I've never ridden a four stroke. I suppose riding the smaller capacity ones is like driving a car (YAWN).

About the bikes I have listed. The Suzuki TV200 is a very rare single cylinder half faired stroker. Does anyone in this forum own one/know anyone who owns one? I've never seen another, possibly because of its price when it was new (something like $7,000). It's exempted at the moment so I can't ride it. It goes decent enough, although it's a bit of a pain to get running when its cold.

The two 125s aren't in action at the moment. The Suzuki is in bits. It's an ongoing project of my Dad's but it's being built up for me. And I have no idea where the Yamaha is.

The Suzuki T250 is a great bike to ride. It acts the exact opposite of a two stroke. It makes a rush of torque then its all over. Suprising Commodore drivers on it is great fun. And it does a pretty good impression of a Yamaha R6 at high rpm. It's my Dad's though, and he's using it at the moment.

Anyone who often goes to Turners in Wellington is bound to see me searching for the necessary evil (a car).

That's about it. I'm going to bed. Good night.

riffer
17th July 2004, 23:01
Hi Stinkwheeler and welcome to KB.

Lots of interesting stuff going on and sometimes people even talk about motorcycles :D

Never hear of your bike but checked it out on SuzukiCycles:

http://www.suzukicycles.org/Wolf-series/Wolf-TV200.shtml

I must say 35hp and 118kg would probably make for a pretty damn good ride for a 15 year old!

I started out on two strokes like you. But most bikes are four strokes now, mainly I guess, for the obvious reason - emissions.

There's still a place in my heart for the 2smokers but 4 strokes are the way of the future - much better power spread and cleaner bike - but none of that "power band"

Anyway, hope you enjoy the site. Meet up with some of the guys and join in on some rides - you will find lots to read and learn some stuff.

dangerous
17th July 2004, 23:32
Hi there SW, Its good to see that you are so keen on bikes as we need more youngins comming up through the ranks.
Now that TV200 'Wolf' looks interesting never seen one of them before. Back in the 70's Suzuki brought out a 2 stroke called a 'Wolf' it was a twin though (cant remember the cc) and had high pipes on it one on each side a wicked looking bike it was I guess that your bike is a newer version, but with one cyl.

merv
18th July 2004, 09:03
I can remember some guy actually racing a Wolf at Wanganui in the early 90's and occasionally saw one on the Wgtn motorway then too, but not for years so I guess most of them have died by now.

Motu
18th July 2004, 09:44
Wolf and Stinger I think they were,90cc and 125cc,they were godawfull looking things and I never even knew anyone who rode one,they all died decades ago along with their riders.Two Strokes have given motorcycles a bad name,justified in my opinion,best move onto a mans bike ASAP.

riffer
18th July 2004, 11:03
Two Strokes have given motorcycles a bad name,justified in my opinion,best move onto a mans bike ASAP.
Had a ride on an RG500 gamma way back when they were first out.

Not really a bike I wouldn't have called a man's bike...

What about a kwaka triple ... now there's a girlie bike :rolleyes: with the extra suspension in the frame tubes and all...

Stinkwheeler
18th July 2004, 12:03
Two Strokes have given motorcycles a bad name,justified in my opinion,best move onto a mans bike ASAP.

Blasphemy!! You couldn't be a "man" to say that. How the motorcycling world has turned their backs on such explosive rockets brings a tear to my eye. Bow down to your ancestors, petty fools.

As for me, yawn, just got up. Seems like there's interest in my TV200. Just imagine an RGV250 with no front fairing and a single cylinder motor and you're just about there. I've seen that Suzuki cycles page. The part about the frame is bollocks. It's steel, as my one is rusting quite happily.

And as for the part on the "other" Wolf. You wouldn't happen to mean the Suzuki T90 Wolf? It was a 90cc crosser, absolutely nothing like my one.

By the way (and I'm being serious), don't try to tell me anything about vintage japanese motorcycles. Chances are I'll already know it.

35hp and 115kg for a 15 year old is something I don't consider quite a lot, especially when it refuses to rev over 5,000rpm when its cold. I've got a solution to that, more clutch slip than a GP start and 9,000rpm. My Dad's 1972 Suzuki T250 has more go. Ok, it's modified slightly. I won't go into that story right here, best leave it for tweaking tuning and so on.

Two Strokes are the way to go if you're learning. You can't afford to be lazy, you have to concentrate on getting clutch slip and the gears just right. There's no room for error. Mess up a shift and you're pretty much moving backwards. I can imagine myself getting sloppy on a four stroke, regardless of their "torque" and "better power spread." I'd rather have a screaming top end and respectable citizens staring at me.

And I'm classified as an "L-Plate Rider"? I am offended. I'm getting close to restricted anyway. And you'll have to get used to my elongated posts.

Deano
18th July 2004, 12:19

What a load of bollocks.

jrandom
18th July 2004, 14:22
By the way (and I'm being serious), don't try to tell me anything about vintage japanese motorcycles. Chances are I'll already know it.

You sound like a very fulfilled young man.

115kg for a 15 year old is something I don't consider quite a lot

Better the bike than you, anyway.

And I'm classified as an "L-Plate Rider"? I am offended. I'm getting close to restricted anyway. And you'll have to get used to my elongated posts.

Your classification goes up with your post count. Start whoring the forums if being an 'L-Plate Rider' bothers you.

curious george
18th July 2004, 14:24
Heehee. first ride was on the back of a wolf. Good fun, but I had heard they had a reputation for destroying little ends?
Not quite in the same league as a RGV I wouldn't think.
Why do you need a car? What can't you fit on a bike?

Kickaha
18th July 2004, 14:36
.Two Strokes have given motorcycles a bad name,justified in my opinion,best move onto a mans bike ASAP.

Two strokes gave motorcyles a bad name? how do you work that out?
sounds like the demented ravings of a madman to me :rolleyes:

Motu
18th July 2004, 14:43
Johnson Iron Horse,British Seagull,BSA Bantam - never before have so few angered so many.

Posh Tourer :P
18th July 2004, 15:05

Right then. Mental note to shut up.

35hp and 115kg for a 15 year old is something I don't consider quite a lot, especially when it refuses to rev over 5,000rpm when its cold. I've got a solution to that, more clutch slip than a GP start and 9,000rpm. My Dad's 1972 Suzuki T250 has more go. Ok, it's modified slightly. I won't go into that story right here, best leave it for tweaking tuning and so on.

Yes ok so you have a fast bike. Now go for a ride with a few of the guys on here, like TwoSmoker and Motoracer....

Two Strokes are the way to go if you're learning. You can't afford to be lazy, you have to concentrate on getting clutch slip and the gears just right. There's no room for error. Mess up a shift and you're pretty much moving backwards. I can imagine myself getting sloppy on a four stroke, regardless of their "torque" and "better power spread." I'd rather have a screaming top end and respectable citizens staring at me.

So if everyone was as good as you, that would hold. However, not everyone has the ability to master a bike straight off... Having something that doesnt step out on you when you hit the powerband going round a corner could save a life or two, and encourage a further generation of motorcyclists... However, if you want to be a showoff, a 2-stroke is probably better.
Of course my opinions dont count because I'm a boring old fart of a 20year old who rides a BMW.....

Go here (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?p=66848#post66848) for an explanation...FWIW I dont care wherther you have a learners or a restricted or a dangerous goods endorsement... :whocares: Get over yourself. I suppose you'll be telling us next that Harleys and scooters arent acceptable choices for getting on two wheels :P

jrandom
18th July 2004, 15:20
Yes. Like wot PT said. Stinky... (I think that's what we're going to have to call you now) it's the Done Thing on this forum to insist, even beyond all reasonable limits of humility, even as you, riding a beat-up GS500, overtake someone on an R1 around the outside of a corner, that you are a Slow Rider.

Now, considering that you probably *are* a slow rider, you basically need to start taking the approach that, while you know you could get from A to B faster by walking, you're going to keep plugging away at your riding skills for the next few years, until you can keep in sight of, say, Trashy, all the way to the carpark exit at the start of a Welly-boys KB ride.

Then you may consider that the Gods of Motorcycling have smiled upon you, and die happy.

Kickaha
18th July 2004, 15:21
I'm a boring old fart of a 20year old who rides a BMW.....

P
Unfair stereotype :argh:
Well if you find some 1000cc barrells and heads for your R65 you could turn it into a 853cc short stoke powerhouse and get rid of the boring tag :rolleyes:

18th July 2004, 15:59
Unfair stereotype :argh:
Well if you find some 1000cc barrells and heads for your R65 you could turn it into a 853cc short stoke powerhouse and get rid of the boring tag :rolleyes:

Or alternatively, turbo it... http://www.suicidemission.com/motorcycle/1982R65LSturbobig.jpg

But its ok if I get to satirically poke fun at my own stereotype huh? And lets face it, they are essentially touring bikes... Doesnt mean they cant go fast, they just arent as fun to ride slowly.... Once you are pushing it, all bikes are (reasonably) similar fun factor....

18th July 2004, 16:04
Or turn it into a cafe racer...... http://www.suicidemission.com/motorcycle/1979R65big.jpg

jrandom
18th July 2004, 16:10
Or turn it into a cafe racer...... http://www.suicidemission.com/motorcycle/1979R65big.jpg

Oooh, I *LIKE* that one.

18th July 2004, 16:30
Oooh, I *LIKE* that one.

How can you??? Its not a 2-stroke... :D

Sorry Stinky, but you post contentious comments, you'll just have to get used to being taken the piss out of... all in good fun :lol:

Two Smoker
18th July 2004, 17:38
Hey Stinky, Welcome to the site :niceone:

And Motu who was it that left you behind on a 2 stroke 150???? oh thats right, me the nana rider :lol:

Motu
18th July 2004, 18:13
Coulda passed ya no worries - but your knee kept getting in the way!

Two Smoker
18th July 2004, 19:03
Coulda passed ya no worries - but your knee kept getting in the way!
LOL..... you would have loved the roads around KawaKawa Bay today, there was HUGE amounts of ROCK (not pea metal, these rocks were about the size of golf balls and bigger)

merv
18th July 2004, 19:06
Wolf and Stinger I think they were,90cc and 125cc,they were godawfull looking things and I never even knew anyone who rode one,they all died decades ago along with their riders.Two Strokes have given motorcycles a bad name,justified in my opinion,best move onto a mans bike ASAP.

Yeah remember them well. I thought the 125 Stinger twin with the high pipes was cool in fact (my Bro' had a nice gold coloured one), only problem was it would only do 40 miles (70kms) before you were looking for a gas station. It could not go from Napier to Wairoa without a top up.

However this Wolf we are talking about here is like 10 - 15 years younger, watercooled with stacks of grunt compared to the old 70's vintage air cooled. Hell those old Suzuki twins still had iron blocks back then with alloy heads.

Stinkwheeler
18th July 2004, 20:03
Wooo, what a mess I've made.

First of all I'd like to say "PEACE OUT PEEPS" and "TAKE A CHILL PILL". I never imagined anyone getting so fired up about what I said.

Ok, so I was off the wall, I mouthed off like a 15 year old would do. Especially that paragraph on two stroke learners. Of course, with that paragraph, I never meant to yell to the whole forum that I'm a good rider. Nowhere near it. And as for the comment I made on vintage japanese bikes, yes I'm boasting a little bit, but I'm not saying that I'm superior to all of you. Anyone with brains could've seen that. But, for the less fortunate:

So if everyone was as good as you, that would hold.:

Get over yourself.

Now, considering that you probably *are* a slow rider, you basically need to start taking the approach that, while you know you could get from A to B faster by walking, you're going to keep plugging away at your riding skills for the next few years, until you can keep in sight of, say, Trashy, all the way to the carpark exit at the start of a Welly-boys KB ride.

Then you may consider that the Gods of Motorcycling have smiled upon you, and die happy.

Oh no, I've been condemned. I think I'm gonna cry. You're taking me a bit seriously for a 15 year old newbie, aren't you?

Using Posh Rider's and your logic, I can now assume that you are linked with the gods.

How can you??? Its not a 2-stroke...

Sorry Stinky, but you post contentious comments, you'll just have to get used to being taken the piss out of... all in good fun

Am I supposed to feel "shamed" at these comments? Honestly, I find more maturity at school. Anyway, you're both being a bit too quick to judge. Bear in mind I've only made two posts so far. I'm not such an obstinate guy, once you get to know me. Let's shake hands and make a new start, shall we?

Ahem, I havn't forgotten about anyone else.

Heehee. first ride was on the back of a wolf. Good fun, but I had heard they had a reputation for destroying little ends?
Not quite in the same league as a RGV I wouldn't think.

I'm really getting used to this quoting thing.

I wouldn't have any idea on their reputation. My one is the only one I know of. Although it needed fixing when we got it, I wasn't aware that the little end could go. No, certainly not in the same league as an RGV. Same body style (it's still got the fairing mounts on the frame) though. I want to ride one some day.

Why do you need a car? What can't you fit on a bike?

Exactly my thoughts. But my Mum doesn't really like me riding motorcycles, and I want to learn to drive in a manual and our car is an auto. Let's just say (for those who have now assumed that I'm a stuck up spoilt whiner) that the car I will hopefully get will just be a car to learn in. That way I'll have a way to get around when it's pissing down with rain.

I'll make it clear now. I'm not full of myself, I don't think I'm higher than any of you. Probably lower actually, I've only been riding for 8 months.

Actually, I've learnt something from all of this. I'll watch what I say from now on. Happy now?

Two Smoker
18th July 2004, 20:17
Hey Stinky, mate your going to fit in nicely here :niceone: dont worry about the comments.... and i say don't judge a person's riding untill theyve seen it...

From what ive read, yourve got your head screwed on straight and are alright in my books :niceone:

PS dont shut up just because of the posts, as they say give a little take a little.... Mock PT about his slowasfuck bemmer, or how JR owns a FXR.... We all know that the bemmer is a great tourer, and the FXR pulls mean wheelies.... but who cares its all in good fun :niceone:

dangerous
18th July 2004, 20:21
*pisssst* hey fella ever get the feeling that you are being tested for your honisty or being had a bit (being the new L plater in all). Get used to it mate cos around here you will get a lot of it. All these people here are down to earth.....your ok in fact ya write very well so shut up and post some more :niceone:

ps: isent 'stinky' Ren or Stimpy's good mate?

Fluffy Cat
18th July 2004, 20:30
Hey Stinkwheeler I still drool over 2-strokes at 36 yrs.Thats why I have 2 an NSR and an Aprillia RS.If I had the money there would be more like a TZR 250 SP now that would need some TZ bits$ an RGV 250 sp and oh AN MC28(ah forgot the KR1S yeah need one of those as well) bah seeing as we are here a Honda RS 250 1991 mod and the 2004 mod as well not to finish short though meby a later mod tz to finish with.See 2-strokes are kind of addictive.oh also an RZ 500 an................

Kwaka-Kid
18th July 2004, 20:34
my Mum doesn't really like me riding motorcycles,
Bahahah! S'all good man, you are aiight by me! I have this same problem, she aint too bad, luckily for me i dont live with her - she was happy with my 250 though, but when i was 16 and riding the GS1000 and bought the 750's she went crazy! Played the scared-for-her-little-boy mother card... That sucked, but hey, at the end of the day i learnt to ride around with a guilty consience :P And not to keep secrets with brothers :brick:

Take it easy man!

Stinkwheeler
18th July 2004, 20:46
Three posts and I've already got a nickname. Ah well, I like it. I usually stink of two stroke fumes after a ride anyway. That and I wear my Dad's old Belstaff jacket.

Oh, no. I won't shut up just for a couple of loose screws. All in good fun? I don't consider taunting people good fun but ah well. I laugh at that sort of thing so keep at it.

And even as I'm writing this there are more posts. My Dad has a TZR250R (not the SP, it's got a wet clutch) that I havn't been able to ride yet (waaaah!!) because of a split clutch cover. Perhaps if we could find an SP and stick the motor in? I want an RS250. They're really nice with the shiny swingarm and beautiful frame and drooool.... I wouldn't be able to take it to school though. That's what bikes like the T250 and the 125s are for. Take an undesirable bike to school and no one would want to touch it.......

All of this sounds pretty good so granted I will be staying.

Oh, and I almost forgot.

I suppose you'll be telling us next that Harleys and scooters arent acceptable choices for getting on two wheels

How did you guess? Not scooters, they're fun as hell once you derestrict them. But Harleys? They're fine in a straight line but from what I've heard they're turkeys. Their bits are made in Japan anyway. Bear in mind that all of this is to do with opinion, and I'm not imposing my opinion on you.

And isn't an FXR one of those taiwanese bikes made to look like a step thru?

Two Smoker
18th July 2004, 20:52
hehehe yep.... j/k's

Yeah im a bit like that with my old mans bike..... the CBR1100 just keeps saying "ride me" as i walk past it.....

But after riding 600 sports bikes i wouldn't want to really touch a 1000+

maybe
18th July 2004, 20:54
I used to ride a stinger bloody fast little machine for what it was :sunny:

dangerous
18th July 2004, 21:09
I used to ride a stinger bloody fast little machine for what it was :sunny:

so that was the 125 and the Wolf was the 90, and i think that there was a 50 that looked the same but it was a single.... weird, wide bars on them all

ps: stinky, your grammer/spelling is bloody good for a 15yr old :mellow: better than me and I'm more than twice your age

Milky
18th July 2004, 21:20
It usually happens that way dude... Once you leave school, grammar and syntax etc go way downhill.. too much reading forums and posting in shorthand :( at least the message is still gets through though, and with the mangling inherent in the english language, I dont think that a little more will make too much difference...

SPman
18th July 2004, 22:02
Red Baron had a couple of Wolfs for sale last year...thought they looked like fun machines!
Quite liked the 125 Stinger...mainly beause I had A TC250 Hustler that was often mistaken for the stinger from behind.:whistle:

Motu
18th July 2004, 22:28
The 50 was the AC50,I don't think it got as far as getting a name - we got one up to 70mph,clocked from the car behind - one hand on the fork leg and chin really on the tank.That Hustler would of been pretty rare SPman,can't even remember seeing one.

SPman
18th July 2004, 22:56
The 50 was the AC50,I don't think it got as far as getting a name - we got one up to 70mph,clocked from the car behind - one hand on the fork leg and chin really on the tank.That Hustler would of been pretty rare SPman,can't even remember seeing one. The AC50 was called the Maverick!
The Hustler was an American model Street scrambler, but a couple came out here.I got mine from Bill Russels , swapped the scrambler style bars for flats and had a ball, then sold it when I went to Aussie.
For some reason people confuse it with the TS250 Savage! Totally different.

Firefight
19th July 2004, 05:53
Hey Stinkwhat ever, welcome, don't worry about these jokers, you'll fit it in okay, just don't be so quick to say sorry.Say what you like, but be prepared for a bit of shit back and you'll be :cool:

F/F :crazy:

19th July 2004, 08:55
Wooo, what a mess I've made.
Ok, so I was off the wall, I mouthed off like a 15 year old would do. Especially that paragraph on two stroke learners. Of course, with that paragraph, I never meant to yell to the whole forum that I'm a good rider. Nowhere near it. And as for the comment I made on vintage japanese bikes, yes I'm boasting a little bit, but I'm not saying that I'm superior to all of you. Anyone with brains could've seen that. But, for the less fortunate:

Hey there's people on here who like to troll sometimes.... just get used to it... Some serious discussions and some not so... Its what forums are all about

Oh no, I've been condemned. I think I'm gonna cry. You're taking me a bit seriously for a 15 year old newbie, aren't you?

Using Posh Rider's and your logic, I can now assume that you are linked with the gods.

I never took you seriously at all..... :P And I'm quite happy if you want to link me with the gods :D

Am I supposed to feel "shamed" at these comments? Honestly, I find more maturity at school. Anyway, you're both being a bit too quick to judge. Bear in mind I've only made two posts so far. I'm not such an obstinate guy, once you get to know me. Let's shake hands and make a new start, shall we?

Ahem, I havn't forgotten about anyone else.

Dont feel shamed, I was looking for a stinging and well thought out rebuttal.... Could have been the start of a great debate

Exactly my thoughts. But my Mum doesn't really like me riding motorcycles, and I want to learn to drive in a manual and our car is an auto. Let's just say (for those who have now assumed that I'm a stuck up spoilt whiner) that the car I will hopefully get will just be a car to learn in. That way I'll have a way to get around when it's pissing down with rain.
I'll make it clear now. I'm not full of myself, I don't think I'm higher than any of you. Probably lower actually, I've only been riding for 8 months.
Actually, I've learnt something from all of this. I'll watch what I say from now on. Happy now?

Watch what you say? nah go for it, the more opinions you put out there the more you'll learn as you get everyone else to post their opinions... eg see the religious ravings thread...

I've been lucky in that both parents ride motocycles and have non-stop for over 30 years.. :D

Oh, and if I was you,I'd want to learn in a manual too.. Autos are convenient, but nowhere near as useful a skill as driving a manual...

jrandom
19th July 2004, 09:19

Eh? Who's condemning you, matey? Toughen up.

Am I supposed to feel "shamed" at these comments?

You're supposed to giggle.

I'll make it clear now. I'm not full of myself, I don't think I'm higher than any of you.

You haven't made a single spelling mistake yet in any of your posts, which probably puts you in the top 3% of 15-year-olds in any case.

For future reference, me bike is a 4-stroke 150 that's slower than feck. I use it for commuting across Auckland every day and not much else. Keep that in mind as ammunition for when I get particularly annoying...

pete376403
19th July 2004, 10:03
Johnson Iron Horse,British Seagull,BSA Bantam - never before have so few angered so many.
For every motorcyclist upset by a bantam, thousands have been inspired by Honda NSR, Yamaha TZ and Suzuki RG race motors. And it's a bit unfair to introduce Johnson Iron Horse and British Seagull, real men don't ride lawnmowers or outboards

Stinkwheeler
19th July 2004, 20:08
ps: stinky, your grammer/spelling is bloody good for a 15yr old :mellow: better than me and I'm more than twice your age

It usually happens that way dude... Once you leave school, grammar and syntax etc go way downhill.. too much reading forums and posting in shorthand at least the message is still gets through though, and with the mangling inherent in the english language, I dont think that a little more will make too much difference...

You haven't made a single spelling mistake yet in any of your posts, which probably puts you in the top 3% of 15-year-olds in any case.

I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to spelling and grammar. The message still gets through any way, but you sound a lot more stupid with stuffed up spelling. In fact, I'm slower if i type like YO WT UP PPLS I GT MYSLF WKKID TV200.

Hee hee, well thought out rebuttal, people looking for debate etc. What a sad, sad life you jokers lead.

Posh Rider, jrandom, you both sound like screwed up contradicting nutters. Excellent.

Oh, I was flicking through the latest motorcycle trader in class today (don't ask) and I saw an FXR. I confused it with an FX125, but they're both taiwanese (or the like) anyway. I kept thinking "slower version of RG".

Watch what you say? nah go for it, the more opinions you put out there the more you'll learn as you get everyone else to post their opinions... eg see the religious ravings thread...

Oho! I havn't looked at it yet, but I'm bound to stir up trouble. I have my own religion, you see. Stay tuned for my fanatical post.

Oh, and if I was you,I'd want to learn in a manual too.. Autos are convenient, but nowhere near as useful a skill as driving a manual...

There's no skill involved in cars. You turn a wheel and stuff happens. The only reason they're useful is when it's pissing down with rain or when it's snowing. I'm almost falling asleep when I drive our auto. At least I might have to think a bit with a manual.

Come to think of it, the last time I rode a bike it started hailing as I was coming home. Interesting, that was.

But this is very surprising.

That Hustler would of been pretty rare SPman,can't even remember seeing one.

The Hustler was an American model Street scrambler, but a couple came out here.I got mine from Bill Russels , swapped the scrambler style bars for flats and had a ball, then sold it when I went to Aussie.
For some reason people confuse it with the TS250 Savage! Totally different.

My Dad has a Hustler. Yes, they are very rare. His is unrestored and doesn't go all that well (and I don't mean overall performance wise, I mean getting up the driveway wise). So I hope you sold it to a sucker for a dizzying price, they're rare you know.

jrandom
19th July 2004, 20:58
Posh Rider, jrandom, you both sound like screwed up contradicting nutters. Excellent.

You're getting the hang of it, but you're supposed to demonstrate our screwyness with chalk marks around the nut fragments and examples of contradictions.

Oh, I was flicking through the latest motorcycle trader in class today (don't ask) and I saw an FXR. I confused it with an FX125, but they're both taiwanese (or the like) anyway. I kept thinking "slower version of RG".

Yup, that's about right. The FXR is a Malaysian import, made for that market where they like small reliable bikes with a wee bit of grunt. You could think of it as a four-stroke RG.

There's no skill involved in cars. You turn a wheel and stuff happens.

Tell that to Messrs. Gronholm and Schumacher.

Two Smoker
19th July 2004, 21:03
Ill show you some skill in a car if you want.... (i consider myself a faster driver than rider) You will be surprised what a car can do, and how much skill it takes to do those things....

Stinkwheeler
19th July 2004, 22:04
What did Posh Rider say about contentious comments?

Maybe I need to be a slight bit more specific. There's no skill involved in ROAD car driving, where you can't reach the speeds of anywhere near what Shickelgruber and Gronholm could reach. But I never thought of car racing for one moment, perhaps because it's so boring. Except for Formula Fords, which is proper organised warfare.

My first impression of cars is that they're stodgy and unresponsive. Bear in mind that the car I'm currently learning to drive in is a tinpot automatic Peugeot 306, so maybe that'll change. Then again, it probably won't.

Ill show you some skill in a car if you want.... (i consider myself a faster driver than rider) You will be surprised what a car can do, and how much skill it takes to do those things....

You irresponsible hoon. If you don't watch out the LTSA will be buying your shoes.

Well, you show me skill in car driving, and I'll lapse into a coma. At the end of the day I don't really care. But show me skill in motorcycle riding, then I'll be interested. Say, if you ever go to Manfield ride days watch out for me. I've never been to one, but hopefully I'll be going along to one soon with my Dad. I'll be there on the TV200, toddling along with the slow group.

Maybe my mind's been warped by the LTSA. CURSE YOU SLIME FOR RAISING THE PRICE OF REGISTRATION!!!!

And a Formula 1 car could hardly be considered as a car. Sure, it's got four wheels, but it's more like a flying carbon fibre coffin with a V10 engine in the back. Besides, MotoGP bikes can go faster in a straight line. Only reason they're slower is when said stuff happens the F1 cars are faster.

Anyway, I use F1 races for when I can't go to sleep. It's a sure fire cure for ummm, that sleeping disorder, can't remember what it's called.

Four stroke RG? *COUGH* *WHEEZE*

Kwaka-Kid
19th July 2004, 22:16
Ill show you some skill in a car
isnt that like an oxymoron? wait - Milky i need ur help - its not the name of something so its not actually an oxymoron right?
Anyways, the words skill and car never EVER EVER at LEAST ON THIS SITE go in the same sentance together unless its preceeding the words Lack Of!!!
Cars dont take skill to drive!:devil2: but motorcycles! :not: im not worthy!

The only way i rank skill in a car is in accidents! If you havnt had any- then your as skilled as they get! means u cant have hurt any m/cyclists! :argh: :done: :done:

Two Smoker
19th July 2004, 22:35
LMAO i was just waiting for the burns to arrive...... you guys all know i spend nearly all my time on the bike (hence the constant rebuilds)

Hey stinky i hope to be racing on the 28th of August at Manfield (if i can save enuff $$$$) so your welcome to watch :niceone:

scumdog
20th July 2004, 00:24
But Harleys? They're fine in a straight line but from what I've heard they're turkeys. Their bits are made in Japan anyway. Bear in mind that all of this is to do with opinion, and I'm not imposing my opinion on you.

Stinky, I thought that with your whole 15 years of life experience knowing it all about Harleys that you would have relised that an FXR is a Harley. :kick:

and "there bits are made in Japan anyway" - what bits? gonads and labia? :whistle:

6Chris6
20th July 2004, 02:22
and "there bits are made in Japan anyway" - what bits? gonads and labia? :whistle:

Well, it'd have to be the labia then 'cause they 'aint got no 'nads ;)

SPman
20th July 2004, 07:26
Well, it'd have to be the labia then 'cause they 'aint got no 'nads ;)
You implying they are girlie bikes?!:whistle:

greenhorn
20th July 2004, 08:00
I like your signature stinky: Im lean i'm mean i'm 15... :niceone:

I'm beer gutted, married with a kid, poor and 34. How's that? :weep:
Don't worry you wont be 15 forever so enjoy it while you can.
Seems like your making a good job of it so far.

6Chris6
20th July 2004, 08:09
You implying they are girlie bikes?!:whistle:

Not quite, more that they're a labia of a bike! :bleh:

Eddieb
20th July 2004, 08:41
About the bikes I have listed. The Suzuki TV200 is a very rare single cylinder half faired stroker. Does anyone in this forum own one/know anyone who owns one? I've never seen another

Bikes n Bits up in hamilton bought in some of these from Japan a few years back, they may have bits for them if you ever need any. Someone up there was trying to put 2x200cc barrells onto an RGV bottom end to make an RGV400, don't know if they ever got it going though.

scumdog
20th July 2004, 10:33
Not quite, more that they're a labia of a bike! :bleh:

I'd say the 'nads 'cos you need them to put up with the shit that the non-HD owners on this site give you :shake:

vifferman
20th July 2004, 10:55
My first impression of cars is that they're stodgy and unresponsive. Bear in mind that the car I'm currently learning to drive in is a tinpot automatic Peugeot 306, so maybe that'll change. Then again, it probably won't.Oh dear. I see what you mean.
No, not all cars are as unresponsive as that; not even all Peugeots. F'rinstance, one of our cars is a Peugeot 205GTi, which is most lively and responsive, and almost as much fun as a bike.:)
Mebbe you just need to drive a few more cars. They're like bikes - some are very yawnful, and some almost terrifyingly exciting.

Mongoose
20th July 2004, 10:58
I like your signature stinky: Im lean i'm mean i'm 15... :niceone:

I'm beer gutted, married with a kid, poor and 34. How's that? :weep:
Don't worry you wont be 15 forever so enjoy it while you can.
Seems like your making a good job of it so far.

Poor advice to give the chappy, should have siad STAY 15 for as long as you can and have more fun! :ride:
othing qwrong with holding opinions Stinky, there are a hell of a lot around here that hold them, why sometimes even two people actually agree :Punk:

6Chris6
20th July 2004, 11:14
I'd say the 'nads 'cos you need them to put up with the shit that the non-HD owners on this site give you :shake:

Cool, I got a bite on my first (intentional) troll :banana: ;)

jrandom
20th July 2004, 11:26
There's no skill involved in ROAD car driving, where you can't reach the speeds of anywhere near what Shickelgruber and Gronholm could reach.

There's no skill involved in ROAD bike riding, where you can't reach the speeds of anywhere near what Rossi and Biaggi could reach.

My first impression of cars is that they're stodgy and unresponsive. Bear in mind that the car I'm currently learning to drive in is a tinpot automatic Peugeot 306, so maybe that'll change. Then again, it probably won't.

After having booted a 206GTi180 along SH28 and back on a test drive a few weeks ago, I think your opinion probably *would* change if you had a chance to drive a few different models. The old 306GTi6 was a good 'un too. Those little Peugeots can hustle.

Not that I particularly like driving cars in general, but I wouldn't argue that they're all stodgy and unresponsive.

And a Formula 1 car could hardly be considered as a car. Sure, it's got four wheels, but it's more like a flying carbon fibre coffin with a V10 engine in the back. Besides, MotoGP bikes can go faster in a straight line.

A MotoGP bike could hardly considered as a bike. Sure, it's got two wheels, but it's more like a flying carbon fibre bier with a V5 engine in the front. Besides, it can't generate enough downforce to pull more than a gee or so of lateral acceleration.

Four stroke RG? *COUGH* *WHEEZE*

Yes, I know. Etc, etc, etc. But it does have a nice Telefonica paint job, as I never get tired of pointing out.

Stinkwheeler
20th July 2004, 20:15
Damn I hate Telecom. I was just about to post something on this thread when I got disconnected. Who wants to come and smash all their windows?

Yes, I know. Etc, etc, etc. But it does have a nice Telefonica paint job, as I never get tired of pointing out.

You should paint the beast red, like the Ferraris. Then it'll go properly fast.

There's no skill involved in ROAD bike riding, where you can't reach the speeds of anywhere near what Rossi and Biaggi could reach.

Of course there is. Have you ever met one of those mobile chicanes? It's called a car.

Stinky, I thought that with your whole 15 years of life experience knowing it all about Harleys that you would have relised that an FXR is a Harley.

You certainly pulled that one out of your ass. Where did you get my knowledge of Harleys from? I know NOTHING about Harleys, but I'm glad you got some sort of enjoyment out of posting that. I'd imagine the Harley FXR and the Suzuki of the same name have about the same go.

Ah now I get it. Of course a Harley is a vintage Japanese bike.

What the hell is trolling? I'm getting the feeling that some people get some weird sort of enjoyment out of it. What kind of interesting medication are you on? I'm on some pretty interesting medication myself. NURSE!!!!!!!!

Hey stinky i hope to be racing on the 28th of August at Manfield (if i can save enuff $$$$) so your welcome to watch

I'll almost definitely be going to watch that race meet with my Dad. It'll be a hoot to watch you race. Hopefully I'll have my restricted by then, so I can ride up there with my Dad. Ah, long distance riding on a two stroke, that's going to be fun......

F'rinstance, one of our cars is a Peugeot 205GTi, which is most lively and responsive, and almost as much fun as a bike.

Exactly. I WANT A PEUGEOT 205 GTI!!!!! I can't find one though, and I'm not exactly patient enough to wait for one to "appear."

And don't worry, I'll be equally as stupid for years to come.

jrandom
20th July 2004, 21:41
You should paint the beast red, like the Ferraris. Then it'll go properly fast.

I'm going to paint it black and turn it into a bucket racer. It'll still be slow, but I plan on losing with style.

Of course there is. Have you ever met one of those mobile chicanes? It's called a car.

I did SH28 in that 206GTi180 faster than I could do it on a ZXR250. Both were on test from a dealer and therefore not being treated gently. Some cars and some drivers can still embarrass the occasional toothpaste-tube squid. It behooves us to pull our heads in until it counts.

[Edit: BTW, when I talked about fast road riding there, I was, you know, like, being silly. To point out the flaw in your statement. In the expectation that most of my Gentle Readers would strongly disagree with what I said, due to it being an intentionally obvious pile of shite.]

You certainly pulled that one out of your ass. Where did you get my knowledge of Harleys from?

Well that wasn't a very nice thing to say to Scumdog, was it. Him being an obvious wilting-lily sensitive type, too. I think you need to work on recognising the fine line between carefully-crafted pisstaking and unpleasant abuse.

Funnily enough, I worked out once that my FXR has a better power-to-weight ratio than a Fat Boy. Until I sit on it.

Stinkwheeler
20th July 2004, 22:17
That was abuse? Bah, I can never be perfect, can I? I apologise, but I think it's time for some Johnsons Baby Shampoo. No more tears, you know.

Besides, nothing's changed here. I'm still the unknowing newbie. I'm in the process of trying to write a review on the T250 that makes sense. It's a bit of a problem when father has two, one with R5 cylinders grafted onto it.

Speaking of never being perfect, Hustler is the model name for the T250 range of Suzuki bikes. The TC250 incidentally doesn't have a model name. I'm thankful that my Dad has a whole folder of old motorcycle brochures from which I have gained useless knowledge from.

All of this is making me uneasy. I usually like being positive. Does anyone reading this thread find any interest in MOTORCYCLES? I'd love to hear from you. Have a nice evening...........

jrandom
21st July 2004, 06:58
That was abuse? Bah, I can never be perfect, can I? I apologise, but I think it's time for some Johnsons Baby Shampoo. No more tears, you know.

Don't be all touchy, it's just a bedding-in process. Fine line, etc. You'll get the hang of it. It pays not to piss people off; KB also functions as a lively meatspace community that goes for rides and gets together at pubs, etc. You never know when you're insulting someone that you might really prefer to be friendly with...

By the way, that 'No more tears' tagline on the Johnsons baby shampoo is bollocks. My toddlers scream bloody murder as soon as it touches their face.

All of this is making me uneasy. I usually like being positive. Does anyone reading this thread find any interest in MOTORCYCLES?

This forum and this thread are specifically about new members joining the site.

Lots 'n' lots of bike talk going on in other threads. Time for you to start contributing to *those*.

SPman
21st July 2004, 07:25
Speaking of never being perfect, Hustler is the model name for the T250 range of Suzuki bikes. The TC250 incidentally doesn't have a model name. I'm thankful that my Dad has a whole folder of old motorcycle brochures from which I have gained useless knowledge from.
. True - the first Hustler was the T20 which I lusted after when I was about your age.My TC250-II brochure has "Hustler" on it,(as well a the price - $849.) but that was a model line range that covered all models.
I reckon they were a great little bike - still wouldnt mind trying one again.
Why graft R5 cylinders onto a T250? - then I suppose, again, why not!

21st July 2004, 14:05
Besides, nothing's changed here. I'm still the unknowing newbie. I'm in the process of trying to write a review on the T250 that makes sense. It's a bit of a problem when father has two, one with R5 cylinders grafted onto it.
All of this is making me uneasy. I usually like being positive. Does anyone reading this thread find any interest in MOTORCYCLES? I'd love to hear from you. Have a nice evening...........

Yep... Lotsa forums about motorcycles... However, newbie hello threads are normally about anything but!!
Also, get out on some rides... It is a great way to meet people and get to know who is going to take you seriously when you post crap... :P That and it'd be great to see more unusual bikes out, as opposed to the standard VFR/ZXR/SV/TL/GSXR boring stuff :D

riffer
21st July 2004, 14:21
What happened to the club250 rides?

I haven't heard from Darren or James in ages - did they drop off the edge of the world.

Sounds to me like the club250 rides would be a perfect way for you to meet the KB's Stinky.

Are TSS still doing any rides?

Stinkwheeler
21st July 2004, 16:30
Well that uneasy feeling last night certainly wasn't the result of feeling guilty. I'm far too shallow for that.

After I logged off I went downstairs to the bathroom and proceeded to lose my dinner. Since then I've been feeling crap. I plan to spend the rest of the day being antisocial in my room with my Gamecube. Metroid Prime will fix it all.....

TSS still do rides. I think they're on every first Sunday of every month. I was invited along to one last month but ended up waking up about an hour after they had left. They didn't call to remind me anyway (as you can see I can't be buggered to use quoting and I'm ignoring everyone else at the moment).

Incidentally the next ride, on the first Sunday of August, is on my birthday.

jrandom
21st July 2004, 16:40
Incidentally the next ride, on the first Sunday of August, is on my birthday.

No worries, man, you'll still have four years to figure out a new rhyming signature.

dangerous
21st July 2004, 18:46
Funnily enough, I worked out once that my FXR has a better power-to-weight ratio than a Fat Boy. Until I sit on it.
:killingme ROTFLMFAO :killingme

merv
21st July 2004, 18:49

So does that mean you are a Fat Boy?

scumdog
21st July 2004, 21:35
Stinky-quote:"You certainly pulled that one out of your ass. Where did you get my knowledge of Harleys from? I know NOTHING about Harleys, but I'm glad you got some sort of enjoyment out of posting that. I'd imagine the Harley FXR and the Suzuki of the same name have about the same go.

Ah now I get it. Of course a Harley is a vintage Japanese bike.

What the hell is trolling? I'm getting the feeling that some people get some weird sort of enjoyment out of it. What kind of interesting medication are you on? I'm on some pretty interesting medication myself. NURSE!!!!!!!!"

WOOHOO! Good reponse Stinky, you're getting the hang of this site :yeah:

Tell me about the Suzuki FXR, I own a Suzuki but not one of them, (it's an odd name for a Suzuki.)

Notice how Japs seem to use and/or recycle names from othe rbrands of the past - Sceptre, Cresta, Mistral etc :Offtopic:

MadDuck
21st July 2004, 21:49
Well done Mr Stink for you have a very commanding respect and understanding of the English language for one so young.

I trust your parents paid dearly to send you to a school which teaches you the articulate grammer you seem to have produced on the message boards. I am guessing we will see seventh form english A+. Either that or you been BS us as to your age :ride:

scumdog
21st July 2004, 22:04
Quote:"Either that or you been BS us as to your age"

I have reservations about that myself, for a 15 year old you're too smart for THIS site :killingme :killingme :msn-wink:

Stinkwheeler
22nd July 2004, 13:18
I AM 15. Before now I've only been posting in the weekends or in the evening. I should be at school but because of Tuesday nights antics I'm at home. Whoever invented Metamucil is a genius.

I trust your parents paid dearly to send you to a school which teaches you the articulate grammer you seem to have produced on the message boards. I am guessing we will see seventh form english A+. Either that or you been BS us as to your age

Hell no. Are you familiar with the Lower Hutt suburb of NaeNae? I go to college there (if you know what I mean). It's not all good that I have excellent spelling. When I eventually miss a spelling mistake in my posts you lot are going to go nuts. (*cough* "grammer")

Ah well, I suppose I can only prove my age if I go to a TSS or club250 ride.

Lots 'n' lots of bike talk going on in other threads. Time for you to start contributing to *those*.

I could tell I was going to get a boot up the ass for that. I have posted on the religious rants thread (where everyone ignored me to my knowledge) and the thread about the NOS kitted scooter (which I havn't checked back at yet). But that's true, I need to get rid of my L plate status in more ways than one.

Tell me about the Suzuki FXR, I own a Suzuki but not one of them, (it's an odd name for a Suzuki.)

You'll have to ask jrandom about the Suzuki FXR150. I originally confused it with the FX125. Do a model search on the bikepoint site and you'll find what the FX125 is. :D By the way, thanks for the comment on my post about japanese hogs. But I'll certainly be more cautious around other posters I don't know.

Attached is the picture I FINALLY found of my TV200, taken at my friend's house. You'll note how clean it is and the yellow plastic thing hanging off the rear mudguard. It's too big to put in my profile and I can't be buggered finding a way to reduce its size.

Mongoose
22nd July 2004, 13:31
Hell no. Are you familiar with the Lower Hutt suburb of NaeNae? I go to college there (if you know what I mean). It's not all good that I have excellent spelling. When I eventually miss a spelling mistake in my posts you lot are going to go nuts. (*cough* "grammer")

Might be so Stink, but hell you sure brought out from the woodwork them wot fink dat dae know how to spick england good, huh? :rockon:
Damn funny thread to follow this one, enjoying it. :wavey:

Ghost Lemur
22nd July 2004, 15:57
Resized your pic for you stink so you can use it as your avatar.

riffer
22nd July 2004, 19:40
Damn. That is one tidy bike. I would have been so jealous of you when I was 15. All I had back then was a Morrison Monarch and a skateboard. And a minibike my brother and I built.

You are one lucky fella. Hope to see you on a ride soon.

dangerous
22nd July 2004, 20:15
Damn. That is one tidy bike. I would have been so jealous of you when I was 15. All I had back then was a Morrison Monarch and a skateboard. And a minibike my brother and I built.
Hell yeah, very nice. At 15 I had a Ralie Module5 a skateboard (with fat wheels not the stupid skiny things that the kids have now days) and a Yamaha G5 80.

SPman
23rd July 2004, 05:48
WTF is a Morrison Monarch? A motor mower?

Stinkwheeler
23rd July 2004, 08:46
Resized your pic for you stink so you can use it as your avatar.

Thanks a million. I personally havn't been buggered to do it myself.

And thanks for all the comments on my bike. I'm still crook. Just going to post a thread on the off topic thingo (that I havn't done, I'll leave it for a time when I'm stuffed) then going back to sleep/back to Metroid Prime.

riffer
23rd July 2004, 11:42
WTF is a Morrison Monarch? A motor mower?
21 speed bicycle. Really big frame. Gold coloured. Quite cool once.

23rd July 2004, 15:40
21 speed bicycle. Really big frame. Gold coloured. Quite cool once.

Oooo... I picked up one of those out of the inorganic rubbish collection a couple of years back, only a 10speed by the time I'd put it back together, but I still see it commuting to Uni (I sold it to some poor sod - hey it was fully reconditioned :D)....

Stinkwheeler
24th July 2004, 19:56
My parents have just bought a second car. Manual, thankfully. Actually it's a 306 like the other one, except with a smaller engine :baby:

There's been a whole list of things to do like change the oil, change the oil filter and sort of fix the choke (which has just been done). I'm going to drive it tomorrow. First time in a manual *WOW* :gob:

This 306 doesn't have a rev counter. Ironic then that the auto one does.

SPman
25th July 2004, 22:40
If ya like 2 strokes, how about this - Spondon framed, road legal TZ750 street fighter!http://www.motorcycle.com/mo/mccontrib/04_Walsh_TZ/.full/04_Walsh_TZ_05.jpg
http://www.motorcycle.com/mo/mccontrib/04_Walsh_TZ/.full/04_Walsh_TZ_08.jpg

Stinkwheeler
25th July 2004, 23:08
Sounds pretty tasty

Ghost Lemur
26th July 2004, 14:30
Wouldn't that top muffler burn?

Stinkwheeler
27th July 2004, 22:51
I just realised that the next tss ride (on the first Sunday of every month) is on the 1st, not the 8th. I won't be able to go anyway because my bike is exempted until near the end of August :mad:

magnum
1st August 2004, 11:05
hello and welcome,2smokes r cool :cool2: