PDA

View Full Version : ZXR400H 1989

Redstar
18th July 2004, 22:02
Having just traded one in after 46k I would say.
This little lightweight is worth considering they at Fun,Light,powerfull and reliable. the weak points are.
Rusty down pipes,voltage regulator/recifier, and speeding tickets.
unrestricted they can dyno to 65ps and even restricted to 56ps

FROSTY
5th August 2004, 14:10
how did ya find the back shock.--Hard /stiff?

Motoracer
5th August 2004, 14:53
I have owned 2 X 1989 ZXR 400H models and 1 X 1989 ZXR 400SP. Great bikes, I can't think of anything better in its class from that era! :niceone:

FROSTY
5th August 2004, 15:47
ahh that reminds me young luke (MR)
What did mella yella start out life as ?
I think he was a sp but am I wrong

Motoracer
5th August 2004, 15:58
ahh that reminds me young luke (MR)
What did mella yella start out life as ?
I think he was a sp but am I wrong

So my light saber was passed down to me by the greatest jedi of them all (Johann)??

Anyway, when I got her, she was a perfect road bike. Every thing stock standard except for the Nassert after market exhaust pipe. It used to go really hard. I overtook my mate's 89 ZXR400H model in a straight like as if his bike was a 250. I maintained it well by chaining the oil with synthetic blend (that I now use on the 600) in every 2 months. I only rode her properly for less than a year I think...

Then that fuckwith Laury or wat ever his name is butcherd the carbs and she never was the same again...

FROSTY
5th August 2004, 16:05
No young luke your lightsaber has been passsed down from generation to generation. I think its first owner raced chariots in ancient rome.

Hoon
5th August 2004, 16:36
Yep I have a ZXR400L (with USD forks) and I will say, great front suspension but rear is too hard and skips over the bumps!