PDA

View Full Version : squeeky Front brakes need replacing

EZAS
7th December 2006, 19:47
My front brake(s) need replacing.
I'm trying to get the bike warrantable so that when I get my liscence back I'll actually be able to pull over without a worry if I see any Red and Blues.

My mate bought some brakes off a guy in Waihi and I recall they were at a Really good price (almost half what the wreckers in Takapuna were charging). Does anyone know they guy I'm talking about? I think he was shifting workshops when we went down there.

Any contact numbers for him?

Donor
7th December 2006, 22:34
Last edited by EZAS : Today at 20:48. Reason: *liscnece is not spelt liecents

It's not spelled that way either... :D

imdying
8th December 2006, 07:50
There was a thread on the Waihi discs a little back. I'd only heard bad things about them up to that point. Sadly, I only heard bad things in that thread too. Commonly listed problems were, didn't fit correctly, and warped pretty easily.

EZAS
8th December 2006, 15:44
There was a thread on the Waihi discs a little back. I'd only heard bad things about them up to that point. Sadly, I only heard bad things in that thread too. Commonly listed problems were, didn't fit correctly, and warped pretty easily.
I'm not a racer though, I just thrash my bike on the road (usually up the motorway) and to and from work.

From what I am aware the disc's my mate bought off him last year should still be working as I can see the person who purchased his bike doesn't appear to have had any problems.

In saying that, now that you've warned me ... I can't really purchase the brakes for fear of the "I TOLD YOU SO". Any recommendations on the brand of brakes I should by for my bike? '95 ZX9R They need more than just pads, as the discs are even (not smooth).

imdying
8th December 2006, 15:59
First, I would ring the big K. There discs work good, and they fit. Of course, they may be pricey, but you won't know till you ask.

Good brands include Galfer: http://www.galferusa.com/MOTO.html
It appears they have your discs in their street rotor range.

Braking: http://www.braking.com/bk/home.asp?sel_lingua=eng
It appears they have your discs in their Street and Dual Purpose range.