PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING NEWS!!!! GIANT ADVANCES IN WORLD OF BIKING!!!!!

Posh Tourer :P
19th July 2004, 18:10
Thats right ladies and gennulmen!!!

The past 36 hours have seen a revolution in the world of motorcycling as we know it!!!

The events during this time are mind-blowingly significant!!!

The latest developments at hand, from our roving street reporter run below!!!

Yes, thank you studio!

Umm, yes, I can confirm some stupendous events, witnessed by my very own eyes. Within the last 36 hours, on the wild streets of Auckland, a biking revolution has been occurring!! It was all kicked off in the early evening yesterday, as I rode home from work near westyville... I saw a headlight and waved at it... Astoundingly, the headlight belonged to a harley.... Even more astoundingly, the rider of said machine vigorously nodded in reply!! A rare first hand report of communication between these two rare species!!!

If this is not enough evidence for you, there are reports flooding in from all over the city, of similar instances!!! Just this morning, yes thats right, this morning!!... within the last twelve hours, your intrepid reporter waved at a Goldwing!! returned, this time, with a wave!! Yes you read right, a wave!!! And this was in the rough streets of Glen Innes!! City-wide revolution ladies and gennulmen!! This is a heretofore unheard-of sequence of events!! It is known that these species, the BMW, Harley, Goldwing rider, are typically solitary beings, neither making the effort to communicate or responding to communication from other related species.

This is truly a rare event ladies and gennulmen, and we are lucky to live in such exciting times!!

From your roving reporter, thankyou, goodnight and back to the studio!!

Two Smoker
19th July 2004, 18:21
LMAO :lol: im shocked, a BMW rider a harley rider and gold wing rider waving to each other :gob: they must wave just at those types, because they never wave at me.. although 3 gold wings waved at about 10 sport bikes a few weeks ago on the way to Whangamata......

jrandom
19th July 2004, 18:22
So...

when do you think they'll start breeding?

merv
19th July 2004, 18:53
With that headline for a minute I thought you were going to tell us Giant were fitting motors to their bicycles.

Anyway as a BMW man yourself can you tell us why they don't wave normally? - I generally find I get more waves and nods from the Harley dudes than those on BMWs.

Wenier
19th July 2004, 21:18
Thats lucky, noone down here waves at all so far. Bloody ignorant bastards not waving back at me, make me look like a fool :calm:

Motu
19th July 2004, 21:21
Try waving to a dirt bike next - he might fall off in shock,mind you ,you aren't on a sports bike so it wouldn't have the same effect.

19th July 2004, 23:29
With that headline for a minute I thought you were going to tell us Giant were fitting motors to their bicycles.

Anyway as a BMW man yourself can you tell us why they don't wave normally? - I generally find I get more waves and nods from the Harley dudes than those on BMWs.

Well, I dunno... I'm not your average BMW rider...I do know that beemer riders tend to overestimate the value of their bikes when they come to sell. This might be a reflection of a belief that they own a great bike and that it is well above the jappers in prestige if not build quality...Perhaps also the beemer riders dont get out very often, so dont see that many people waving?
I dunno... :spudwhat: :wacko:

Al
19th July 2004, 23:54
I ride a beemer, wave at everyone I see, have had a lot of nods and waves from Harley riders too!
I suppose it is all an attitude thing, some people do think themselves superior to others, but for me it is not what you ride but the fact that you do ride!
ie. don't give a fugg who rides what, we are all on 2 wheels (except WT..!!hehehe) :done:

Al

scumdog
20th July 2004, 00:10
I was told they were actually indicating you had 20 feet of loo-paper trailing from your waist-band of your pants :laugh:

20th July 2004, 08:53
Well, it *is* possible that the harley rider had hit a bump on his hardtail, causing his head to shake violently :D

NotaGoth
20th July 2004, 09:18
must be something in the water... lol