PDA

View Full Version : Backyard Speedway

lb99
10th December 2006, 17:17
apologys to the neighbours:innocent:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/S2RCyQjHiOc"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/S2RCyQjHiOc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

madandy
10th December 2006, 19:10
Nice one, the kids seemed impressed. What're you on?

MattRSK
10th December 2006, 19:11
My guess is that its a remote control vehicle. Turns way to fast.

pervert
10th December 2006, 19:23
My guess is that its a remote control vehicle. Turns way to fast.

Have you ever ridden a dirt bike?

MattRSK
10th December 2006, 19:28
Have you ever ridden a dirt bike?

Nope! Obviously!

lb99
10th December 2006, 19:29
keep guessing

pervert
10th December 2006, 19:33
Nope! Obviously!

You should then, tight and fast corners are a forte. Dumping the clutch under power on knobblies is a whole different fun to only leaning.

Although I'm not sure what is being ridden in the video, I'm guessing some kind of motorised scooter, or small dirt bike.

MattRSK
10th December 2006, 19:38
You should then, tight and fast corners are a forte. Dumping the clutch under power on knobblies is a whole different fun to only leaning.

Although I'm not sure what is being ridden in the video, I'm guessing some kind of motorised scooter, or small dirt bike.

Yeah mate I would love to. Something I have wanted to do for a while. Alas the finances dictate what I can do.

LilSel
10th December 2006, 19:38
A Pit Bike??

Very cool lol :)

lb99
10th December 2006, 19:43
...some kind of motorised scooter, or small dirt bike.

close enough, here it is

pervert
10th December 2006, 19:48
Haha the original Honda mini-trail, that definately falls under "small dirt bike".

That would be the old Honda Z50, or later dubbed "Monkey" correct?

50cc of pure fun right there.

lb99
10th December 2006, 19:55
That pic is a couple of years old now, his feet well and truly reach the pegs now, but not the ground yet, as far as he gos its full notes or nothing.
Have you ever been pillioned by a 4yo boy?

Its fuckin' scarey.

the fold up bars have been gone for a year or so, I put wider ones on it so the kids could overide the crappy handling.

the most fun is on wet freshly cut grass after a few beers, not for the fain hearted :Punk:

pervert
10th December 2006, 20:06
That pic is a couple of years old now, his feet well and truly reach the pegs now, but not the ground yet, as far as he gos its full notes or nothing.
Have you ever been pillioned by a 4yo boy?

Its fuckin' scarey.

the fold up bars have been gone for a year or so, I put wider ones on it so the kids could overide the crappy handling.

the most fun is on wet freshly cut grass after a few beers, not for the fain hearted :Punk:

Get him a CRF50, they have a throttle limiter, plus the range of aftermarket parts is awesome...I'd say more 'big' kids ride them than little kids now.

You'd probably end up riding it more than him, then when he gets a bit older, chuck the 88 or 108 stroker kits on...niiiice.

lb99
11th December 2006, 09:48
Get him a CRF50,....

How much are they?, my two 9y olds love that monkey bike to bits, but soon they'll be ready for something else, I have a vintage RM80 lined up for that.

I was considering getting a new PW50 in the next couple of years, as I have two more petrol heads coming of age, the PW is a good price, and they seem to hold their value quite well too

pervert
11th December 2006, 10:41
How much are they?, my two 9y olds love that monkey bike to bits, but soon they'll be ready for something else, I have a vintage RM80 lined up for that.

I was considering getting a new PW50 in the next couple of years, as I have two more petrol heads coming of age, the PW is a good price, and they seem to hold their value quite well too

The CRF50's are $1895 new at the dealer now, second hand around $1100 - $1500.

They just seem to be near-unbreakable, and they go bloody well with a stroker kit and bigger BMX handlebars.

Check out some of the USA 50 Stunt type sites for the sort of abuse they can take, even guys well over 6 foot love and abuse them.

...also, believe it or not some of the 110cc/125cc Chinese Pit Bikes are rather tough, and some are CRF50 part compatable. They make a good kids or adults bike provided you get a half decent one to start with...plenty are just straight rubbish.

I've got a 125cc Orion and I beat the hell out of it, I've replaced a few cheaper parts with good quality ones and it doesn't let me down.