PDA

View Full Version : Racer experience wanted

adiddy
10th December 2006, 21:53
Hey all, I would like to improve my riding and was thinking about going onto the track , as it is much safer!
I would take my gpx out on it but might not pass specification, and I have been told race bikes are not overly expensive for a little bucket racing.

However ......
Would I be able to join someone for a race meet, maybe the next KB gathering? to get the feel of what it is like?! I would like to help out or even just watch the pit crew; and get the feel for racing ??
ADIDDY

SwanTiger
10th December 2006, 22:15
Bucket racing is a good start, or perhaps street stock, but if you're short on cash definitely go for bucket racing. Its extremely cheap and easy to get into. I paid a box of beer for my bucket and passed it on for the same price (beer). Meeting once a month at Mt. Wellington Gokart Track in Auckland. I don't know a lot, so check out http://www.amcc.co.nz/, get in contact, become a member, get your license, etc.

kickingzebra
10th December 2006, 22:20
Your bike will be fine for the track, 250 street stock. You won't win (unless you are really good) but you will learn a lot!

vtec
11th December 2006, 21:58
Yeah if you aren't fussed about winning, then just stick your GPX in the Streetstocks. Racing is actually usually cheaper for track time than paying for a practice day.

Sparky Bills
11th December 2006, 22:05
Once you get your head in the door, it becomes so much easier.

Be carfull if your going to race your road bike. Cause lets face it.... Its your road bike, not you race bike.

I raced my road bike when i first started, and could never push as much as i wanted, in fear i would drop it and damage it. So was always holding back.

Would be all good for a trackday or 2. Try a couple out, to see if your still keen after.

I can pretty much garantee that you'll be hooked after just 1 trackday!
I know I was!:Punk:

Have fun mate!

adiddy
12th December 2006, 21:59
kewl thanks guys, myte look at a race bike as I want a new road bike... and well im not keen on trashing or crashign a nice one now am i ...

im mainly out to improve my skills

Sketchy_Racer
12th December 2006, 22:05
bring your GPX to the practice/track day at taupo on the 30th of december. entry on the day.

I'm sure there will people to help you out.

even i will if you dont beat me :p

adiddy
12th December 2006, 22:27
ill try my best!!!
it likes to overheat at the monent , and im suppose to be working will let u know and maybe drop u a pm

HDTboy
13th December 2006, 18:59
Keystone19 was asking for someone to help her with racing a week ago, you could offer to help her if you want to see what it's all about

Cleve
14th December 2006, 13:38
Keystone19 was asking for someone to help her with racing a week ago, you could offer to help her if you want to see what it's all about

Yep Team MaD Racing is always looking for pit bitches

adiddy
16th December 2006, 19:16
ok, hu do i get hold of for team mAd?

crashe
16th December 2006, 19:21
Hey all, I would like to improve my riding and was thinking about going onto the track , as it is much safer!
I would take my gpx out on it but might not pass specification, and I have been told race bikes are not overly expensive for a little bucket racing.

However ......
Would I be able to join someone for a race meet, maybe the next KB gathering? to get the feel of what it is like?! I would like to help out or even just watch the pit crew; and get the feel for racing ??
ADIDDY

Contact Motoracer..... he will help you out with what you need to know.... as he has and is a racer.... plus he lives in Auckland.
So send him a pm.

HDTboy
16th December 2006, 22:08

See post #9

Cleve
18th December 2006, 14:00

Hi there. Team MaD (Mummy and Daddy) racing, is Jill (K19), Jonno (KickinZebra), Paul (Motobob) - although Paul is just going to be team manager now and myself.
Any other keen North Island racers with kiddies feel free to contact us.