PDA

View Full Version : Flame Warrior Foyer - Ent

Terminated
11th December 2006, 14:12
I am sitting here scratching my head, asking how? where? and why? has this Flame Warrior nomination come about?

Is it a good thing??

Is it a bad thing???

What does it all mean????

Seriously.

Squeak the Rat
11th December 2006, 14:18
I'm sitting here scratching my head asking how you managed to write an acceptance speech without first understanding the questions to which you are pondering. ;)

(You have clicked on the scrolling Ent haven't you?)

I'd take it as a compliment dude......

Skunk
11th December 2006, 14:21
It means nothing. Like Rep.

steved
11th December 2006, 14:25
It's definitely a compliment.

Terminated
11th December 2006, 14:29
I'm sitting here scratching my head asking how you managed to write an acceptance speech without first understanding the questions to which you are pondering. ;)

(You have clicked on the scrolling Ent haven't you?)

I'd take it as a compliment dude......

Thanks Squeak the Rat: My acceptance speech was taken from my recent tribute entry for Uncle B. I suspected the Flame Warrior nomination was a good thing, but just wasn't sure. I'll take it as a compliment from Steam that did the nomination. And the tribute acceptance seems befitting.

It means nothing. Like Rep.

Well there are good Reps and bad Reps, trusted this was a good rep, and the tribute acceptance is a thought provoking legacy.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Heads Up and Enjoy

Terminated
11th December 2006, 14:30
It's definitely a compliment.

Thanks Steved.

McJim
11th December 2006, 14:33
It's a bit of fun really - you can see who nominated you in the Foyer too so it's not like it can be done maliciously behind your back.

I was quite pleased to be nominated - Ent nomination is rather cool methinks - well done.

Terminated
11th December 2006, 14:39
It's a bit of fun really - you can see who nominated you in the Foyer too so it's not like it can be done maliciously behind your back.

I was quite pleased to be nominated - Ent nomination is rather cool methinks - well done.

Thanks McJim, methinks so too now.

Btw, Mrs BuckBuckNo1, the wee lassie is from Edinburgh.

I can hear ya barking now ya wee softie - could ya be in the same clan .....:yes: :yes:

Colapop
11th December 2006, 15:57
It just means someone else thinks you're old!! :bleh:

I saved up all the rep I was given and used it to buy a bike. The bike I got I couldn't ride. It had no wheels, no motor, & no frame. It had nothing on it that resembled a bike. It was like the emporers new clothes - I couldn't even see it. But I knew it was there - I'd saved so long and hard for it, it must have arrived. My rep also bought me friends and influnenced people. Why, without rep I would have had nothing, and my life would have been meaningless. This year I'm planning on using my red and green rep as christmas lights to decorate my house... and people say that rep has no meaning!

Steam
11th December 2006, 16:41
Yep, it is definitely a compliment. I nominated Buckbuck because he's just THE MAN. He does good sensible things, gives good advice, and although not an old rider, when he says something about his learning process, it's valuable to listen. Me and my brother have both learned good stuff from Buck's postings.
He's not here to hassle people, talk about dumb jokes or debate politics and religion endlessly.
No, he's purposeful, it's about bikes, and that's a very Ent characteristic:
"In bygone days Ents roamed an internet paradise of purposeful forums"

I can only think of a few others who have been posting such useful stuff so consistently.
Flamewarrior stuff is a bit of fun, and a good thing is that it dissappears after a while.
:first:

McJim
11th December 2006, 16:43
Yep, it is definitely a compliment. I nominated Buckbuck because he's just THE MAN. He does good sensible things, gives good advice, and although not an old rider, when he says something about his learning process, it's valuable to listen. Me and my brother have both learned good stuff from Buck's postings.

I can only think of a few others who have been posting such useful stuff so consistently.
Flamewarrior stuff is a bit of fun, and a good thing is that it dissappears in a week or so if nobody else votes.

:first:

But where does it all end if the votes just keep piling up? Look at me - 9 votes for Rottweiller Puppy. At least it shows that someone is paying attention to me!

Ixion
11th December 2006, 16:45
Well, lookit that. A new avatar!

McJim
11th December 2006, 16:54

Well thank 'ee kindly good sir.

It's nicer than your second hand avatar Ixion. did you really believe Fish's "one careful owner" spiel? :rofl: I prefered your previous one but I suppose you have to use what is appropriate at the time.

jrandom
11th December 2006, 17:17
did you really believe Fish's "one careful owner" spiel? :rofl:

Pfft.

Weeks of begging it took to convince me to hand over that avatar. I think the rancid old bugger only wanted it because it was ancient and threadbare and made funny noises.

Steam
11th December 2006, 17:22

Pfft.

Can you two PLEASE change back, it's very confusing. My brain works in icons, not names.

jrandom
11th December 2006, 17:27
Can you two PLEASE change back, it's very confusing.

Ha. Ha.

No.

Bow to our demands, or we'll swap usernames, too.

You'll have to be a good chap and stand by while we figure out what to demand, of course.

Sniper
11th December 2006, 17:41
Its is bloody confusing

Terminated
12th December 2006, 16:57
I am sitting here scratching my head, asking how? where? and why? has this Flame Warrior nomination come about?

Is it a good thing??

Is it a bad thing???

What does it all mean????

Seriously.

I am useless at mythology, and being an aussie well enough said:dodge: but how about you all having a go at putting a different twist on what an 'Ent' is that may otherwise enlighten this guy, and with a smile.

Seriously a pleasure and honour to have received the nomination, thanks Steam, [I blame you in the nicest possible way of course] so over to the forum to have a 'play' with the description. Remember I did my acceptance speech with my late mentor in mind so your thoughtfulness is requested.

Heads Up and Enjoy

madandy
14th December 2006, 10:18
Read Tolkein? or seen the Lord of the rings?
Ent are old Tree's that reside deep in the forests. They can come to life and move around and only ever bother to take any sort of action after careful consideration. An Ent is well worth taking seriously as they can crush you with a single blow from one branch hurl you throuh the air or stomp on you with their roots etc...
It's a real compliment all right, implying wisdom, thoughtfulness and compassion whilst having the ability to debate with the best of them, crush lesser beings swiftly and having the support of many who admire these strengths.

McJim
14th December 2006, 10:21
Yeah - Rottweiller Puppy ain't nearly so cool.

ManDownUnder
14th December 2006, 10:25
Its is bloody confusing

Is that another way of saying childish powergame?

Couldn't agree more...

Sniper
14th December 2006, 10:27
Is that another way of saying childish powergame?

Couldn't agree more...

I was drunk when I typed that

ManDownUnder
14th December 2006, 10:33
I was drunk when I typed that

We can be friends...

Terminated
14th December 2006, 19:16
Read Tolkein? or seen the Lord of the rings?
Ent are old Tree's that reside deep in the forests. They can come to life and move around and only ever bother to take any sort of action after careful consideration. An Ent is well worth taking seriously as they can crush you with a single blow from one branch hurl you throuh the air or stomp on you with their roots etc...
It's a real compliment all right, implying wisdom, thoughtfulness and compassion whilst having the ability to debate with the best of them, crush lesser beings swiftly and having the support of many who admire these strengths.

If but only my BuckBuck's Newbie Training Update thread has people pausing and thinking about their safety strategies and a few things that they may focus on each time they go out to ride, then I have accepted the 'Ent' nomination with pride.

Thanks madandy, I now recall the scenes in Lord of the Rings [Ents on Mt Vic I believe.]

Heads Up and Enjoy