PDA

View Full Version : The Good,The Bad,and the Ugly

kensuem
11th December 2006, 18:45
The Good.
The truck driver who drove on the hard shoulder this morning,to make it easier for me to pass.
The Bad.
The Toyota Prado 4wheeldrive{silver},belonging to the Halberg Trust,which overtook me when I was doing about 110,sqeezing between me and a solid yellow line and only clearing my handlebars by about 500mm.
The Ugly.
The elderly guy,driving a gold Toyota Windom,who I had the misfortune to follow home from Waihi tonight.Every time i went to pass he would speed up,pull away from me[driving right against the centre line],and then put his breaks on and slow down again to about 80,also driving round all bends at 65,with his wheels just about over the centreline!
Not an enjoyable ride home!

McJim
11th December 2006, 18:54
I'd have followed the last one home. Then I'd have stopped and pointed and laughed and laughed while pointing at him - when he can take it no more - ride off.

It is weird how people on the road in New Zealand so often think it's some sort of competition.

I had good journeys to and from work today - Auckland Southern Motorway - that's fun.

Trudes
11th December 2006, 18:54
Fuckin old people! :dodge:

McJim
11th December 2006, 18:58

Yep - the worst bit is when they have a cardiac arrest and you get done for necrophillia!

MSTRS
11th December 2006, 18:58

*takes off hat* "You speaking to me, young lady?"

jtzzr
11th December 2006, 18:59
Nice work trucker, as for the other two , that just plain sucks , thanks to the prado driver from the Halberg trust I`m not going to exercise ever again as a form of protest(anyone else with me) as for the old dude it`s not his fault he`s old:zzzz: ,anyways unfortunately the ginnies are not well know for their power so you can`t get away from shit like that , hope you have a more enjoyable trip next time.

Trudes
11th December 2006, 19:07
Hehe, was waiting for the :Pokey: brigade!! Honestly, I love old people, until they get behind the wheel of a car!

JimO
11th December 2006, 19:11
we will all be old eventually, i saw a old guy getting out of his car today it took him about 5 minutes to shuffle out the car and head off down the road, i bet he has fast reactions behind the wheel.......or does he

kensuem
12th December 2006, 20:15
I wasnt getting at the guy in the Windom for being old[I am 62 myself],just for being a lousy driver!
Ref the reply from jtzzr,please dont give up on the exercise on my account,you might get unhealthy and then blame me for it!
Had a better run to work this morning,although the traffic was a bit heavy,must have seen at least 6 cars!

vamr
13th December 2006, 01:33
It is weird how people on the road in New Zealand so often think it's some sort of competition.

If it was, in this case vs the gn it was +1 for old people.

Ralph
13th December 2006, 02:02
Good on the truck diver :niceone:

Notice a trend with the Toyota's? :shifty:

If I get stuck behind unpridictable drivers and can't get past I just pull over for about 2 mins, never see them again and usually enjoy the trip a bit more.