PDA

View Full Version : NEW DAIBLOS FOR ME

Quasievil
20th July 2004, 15:57
Cant wait!!! just booked a new set of Diablos for my Ducati.I decided on just the normal ones as opposed to the Corsa's this time round.
Im looking forward to it as the Azaros are (as some of you have seen) are quite flat on the bum and not nicely rounded so my cornering is crap.
Down side is the trip down to Manfield will have to be a careful one as they wont be scrubbed in.
But next ride hopefully Im all good!!!

Motoracer
20th July 2004, 16:01
Saweet! You'll see how good it's gunna be with some decent rubber on your bike!

Scrubbing in doesn't take that long man!

See ya Friday night or Saturday then Bret :niceone:

Two Smoker
20th July 2004, 16:29
Dont worry about scrubbing them in.... it only takes like 100-150kms.... I ususally just start off slow and increase my pace until at around the 100-150km mark im scraping the pegs.... then i know they are scrubbed in :niceone:

Quasievil
20th July 2004, 20:01
Saweet! You'll see how good it's gunna be with some decent rubber on your bike!

Scrubbing in doesn't take that long man!

See ya Friday night or Saturday then Bret :niceone:

Yeah man, hope the weather is all good.
Where you staying,I can get a good rate at Rydges, they have underground parking so you can do shit on your bike afterwards and its secure.
I will go but I need goodish weather :sunny:

Quasievil
20th July 2004, 20:02
I have used the Diablo's and they are great tyres.. specially on a twin.
On the ride on Sunday (coro loop) I shreded the back tyre :(
So off to Kerry's today and he put on a metzeler Z6 ? or something (190/55/17) I used to run the Metzeler rennsports and they were fantastic.. though only lasted 3000 ks.
Only takes about 50 ks to scrub em in so by the time you get to manfiel they will be well and truly ready for use.Good luck.. great tyres!

Thanks, what K's did you get out of them before they shredded.

Motoracer
20th July 2004, 21:10
Yeah man, hope the weather is all good.
Where you staying,I can get a good rate at Rydges, they have underground parking so you can do shit on your bike afterwards and its secure.
I will go but I need goodish weather :sunny:

Thanx for the offer Quasie but luckly I got hooked up with some free accommodation down there. :niceone:

Hopefully we'll get some good weather. :sunny:

LB
21st July 2004, 05:36
I've got "normal" Diablos on both my Monsters - I love them. They inspire confidence in the wet, and are great in the dry. I think you'll like them (though tyres are a very personal thing)

Let me state here (and I'm not just being modest) that I don't ride hard. I do punt along, but not as fast as a lot of you guys.

Looking forward to meeting you at Manfeild - I'll be the one in the bright red Ducati jacket with the Ducati beanie!