PDA

View Full Version : Said goodbye to an old friend today

dawnrazor
12th December 2006, 15:50
Well he has served me well, i first spotted him in the "daytona centre", in Angel in London....there where others that were flasher but this fella caught my eye....that was 1997 and we have been through some good times since....ah yes my BLJ has been around the world with me, protecting me from looney drivers in Dublin for a number of years, he then followed me to NYC where his armour was taken out 'cus I had no bike but needed the warmth....never found it again.
I then resurrected him again to serve me on NZ roads and he has done ever so well for the last few years....but the writing has been on the wall for sometime now....he has bad teeth, poor fella, I mean they where good in their day, but recently I've noticed he has lost a few here and there, he still worked though I was amazed....but today he lost one too many and last week his stuffing fell out of a hole!!!!Its all got to much for the old fella.

I knew this day was coming for some time now and have been making plans for a replacement to be brought in place and for him to be retired...but he probably didn't want to go that way, so for the last time I rode today with him wide open and flapping in the wind, felt nice it was very warm....but there are safety issues to consider......So goodbye old friend, I knew you where a good buy.....now the best I can do for you is use you as a cat bed....sorry......

LilSel
12th December 2006, 15:53
Lucky Cat :D...

Laava
12th December 2006, 16:57
Mmmmmm, leather and pussy........:woohoo:

sAsLEX
12th December 2006, 17:54
Mate theres some pretty poor bikers around that could do with even a shitty leather jacket.....

dawnrazor
12th December 2006, 18:17
Mate theres some pretty poor bikers around that could do with even a shitty leather jacket.....

Okay then, one Rev'it leather jacket size L, zip is broken doesn't close; could be replaced at cost, pocket zips are broken, no armour, inside pockets are fine (ish). One cuff press fastener is gone. the quilting has lost alot of its former plushness but is ok, is not removable. Oh and there is a little cat hair in places. *ahem*. Otherwise, as sAsLEX has reminded me, the jacket is in good shape stiching wise and leather wise and could well be utilised by a more needy biker then I right now

If anyone wants this jacket, I'm serious here, then PM me pay for the postage and I'll pop it in the mail, I need to make room in the wardrobe anyways...one condition it has to go to a good home........

dawnrazor
13th December 2006, 13:40
no takes then...so far...

dawnrazor
13th December 2006, 15:12
going.......

dawnrazor
13th December 2006, 15:13
going.................

dawnrazor
13th December 2006, 17:52
GONE

Right then who's next....I bet everyone here has a bit of gear that they no longer use and couldn't be bothered doing TM on, but I bet someone here could use it and be thankful of it

maybe I should start a new thread on this topic.......

lb99
13th December 2006, 18:00
GONE

....maybe I should start a new thread on this topic.......

no thread, just PM me direct:yes:

Right, who's got a 'busa the don't want......