PDA

View Full Version : I wana buy this thing...

Motoracer
20th July 2004, 16:32
I wish I could swap my TZR for this scooter...

http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/auction_detail.asp?id=13724645&permanent=0

Two Smoker
20th July 2004, 16:35
You should swap it lol..... and then swap the scooter for Nick's RG, so we can have some mean battles until i get the gixxer :niceone:

Motoracer
20th July 2004, 16:39
You should swap it lol..... and then swap the scooter for Nick's RG, so we can have some mean battles until i get the gixxer :niceone:

dunno if Nick is too keen on getting a scooter lol. Specially since he's gunna have a spare GSXR around to ride on!

I'll come on the Scooter and try to give you a hard time through the corners. :whistle: Although I am not sure if that shot of NOS would last for too long :laugh:

Two Smoker
20th July 2004, 16:42
LOL, passing me round the outside on a scooter aye???? Sounds about right with my nanaering style of riding lol..... Im sure we could convince him to lol

Motoracer
20th July 2004, 16:48
LOL, passing me round the outside on a scooter aye???? Sounds about right with my nanaering style of riding lol..... Im sure we could convince him to lol

I wasn't commenting on your riding TS. Lots of people say that a proper race prep scoot can kick a race bike's (motorbike) ass in cornering anyday. That's due to their feather weight, low CG etc etc.

Two Smoker
20th July 2004, 16:51
I wonder what the first thing is to scrape on a scooter hehe.....

Motoracer
20th July 2004, 17:02
I wonder what the first thing is to scrape on a scooter hehe.....

I used to have a scooter. On your right, you'll be scraping the exhaust guard... until you finish it all and then you'll be scraping the exhaust. :niceone: On your left, you'll most probably be scraping the crankcase (depends on the model of course) but it's not as easy as scraping the exhaust...

I was getting close to getting my knee down until some c*nts stole it :argh:

k14
20th July 2004, 17:20
I managed to scrape the front bottom corners of the bit where you put your feet on more than one occasion. Scares the shit out of you. I refuse to ride a scooter now, damn they are unstable.

Two Smoker
20th July 2004, 17:33
I was getting close to getting my knee down until some c*nts stole it :argh:Legend lol... thats my current aim on the CT110, to get my knee down... i can wheelie it, it cant do stoppies, so next thing is knee down..... then i need to find somewhere to do jumps (other than Smales road crossing Chapel road where i have gotten airbourne several times lol)

Motoracer
20th July 2004, 17:41
Legend lol... thats my current aim on the CT110, to get my knee down... i can wheelie it, it cant do stoppies, so next thing is knee down..... then i need to find somewhere to do jumps (other than Smales road crossing Chapel road where i have gotten airbourne several times lol)

I hope all the mail didn't get airborn and got lost somewhere LOL

Goodluck on getting the knee down. :niceone:

Two Smoker
20th July 2004, 18:45
I hope all the mail didn't get airborn and got lost somewhere LOL

Goodluck on getting the knee down. :niceone:
LOL, cheers, and about the mail.... not on the jumps...... but the wheelies...... :whistle:

Stinkwheeler
20th July 2004, 19:09
Geddit geddit geddit! The old man told me something about doing a certain de restriction thingo to DJ1s that makes them easily wheelie on full curry, something about chopping something off some random bit, but then I forget. It would certainly wheelie with NOS anyway.

Motoracer
20th July 2004, 21:17
Geddit geddit geddit! The old man told me something about doing a certain de restriction thingo to DJ1s that makes them easily wheelie on full curry, something about chopping something off some random bit, but then I forget. It would certainly wheelie with NOS anyway.

Most scooters can easily be wheelied if the general running condition is fairly good (mainly cause all the weight is at the back).

I'd love to but I just saw that it's in Christchurch and I don't have enough money without selling the TZR anyway...

Ghost Lemur
20th July 2004, 22:18
mmmmm The gf was thinking about getting a scooter to go to work on....

*starts pondering* :whistle:

But I expect half an hour parked in town and that nos tank on the back would maraculously disappear. :argh: :whistle:

Antallica
21st July 2004, 09:58
Or an extra accellerant when the scooter is in a fire ;)

Mongoose
21st July 2004, 11:36
mmmmm The gf was thinking about getting a scooter to go to work on....

*starts pondering* :whistle:

But I expect half an hour parked in town and that nos tank on the back would maraculously disappear. :argh: :whistle:

Qucker fix, although shorter, than a toke, or so I have heard :killingme

Darryboy
21st July 2004, 14:36
Qucker fix, although shorter, than a toke, or so I have heard :killingme

I hope you're not advocating the inhalation of automotive grade nitrous! It's poisonous don't you know.

They add sulfur to it to stop people inhaling it.
So kids please, only inhale food/medical/industrial grade nitrous.

Uh... at least thats what a friend of mine told me :sweatdrop

riffer
21st July 2004, 15:16
So kids please, only inhale food/medical/industrial grade nitrous.

Uh... at least thats what a friend of mine told me :sweatdrop
I had a girlfriend once whose father was a dentist.

They used to store the gas in the garage.

I think I'd better stop now before I incriminate myself. :sweatdrop

Darryboy
21st July 2004, 16:02
I think I'd better stop now before I incriminate myself. :sweatdrop

I don't see what we're getting all :sweatdrop about.
inhaling :laugh: ing gas is legal anyway...

Uh... not that I do :sweatdrop

jrandom
21st July 2004, 16:15
I had a girlfriend once whose father was a dentist.

Sangamon's Principle.

Enough said.

Motoracer
21st July 2004, 16:22
I don't see what we're getting all :sweatdrop about.
inhaling :laugh: ing gas is legal anyway...

Uh... not that I do :sweatdrop

If they sell NOS crackers and canisters in your local daries, how illigal can they really be? :D

Warren
21st July 2004, 17:19

Some scooters have a restricter between the exaust post and the exaust pipe (i'm pretty sure thats where it is) to get them down to 2kw of power to comply with the moped law being 50cc and less than 2kw