PDA

View Full Version : I'm going racing and need a hand.

White trash
20th July 2004, 17:07
Alright, I need "period" hot up bits for a 1986 GSXR750.

I'd love a Yoshi exhaust system but the pricks don't do 'em anymore.

If anybody knows anyone with some bits to fit one please let me know. Cams, carbs, exhaust anything that makes it goes fast but in keeping with the era.

I'd also like some wheels and race tyres so if anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

This is gonna be an absolute hoot and, Fizzerman, you're dead! :devil2:

Motoracer
20th July 2004, 17:14

If anybody knows anyone with some bits to fit one please let me know. Cams, carbs, exhaust anything that makes it goes fast but in keeping with the era.

I'd also like some wheels and race tyres so if anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Eh???? What class are you gunna run that in? :mellow:

Two Smoker
20th July 2004, 17:16
Eh???? What class are you gunna run that in? :mellow:
Pre 89 class????? Not old enough for Classics is it????

Kickaha
20th July 2004, 17:53

:

If wheels and tyres are open like pre 82,then find some 17 inch from a later model bike,gives you more options for decent rubber.

Hooks
20th July 2004, 19:31

There was a GSXR600 1986 in the tender centre up here last week ....it needed to re-vinned and required new discs for it to get a warrant ... I never got a chance to get it fired up but I think it's still there ... would any of the parts on that be interchangable ?? ... ...if so what would be a good price for it .....the whole thing was in good nick so it might be worth a look .....

andy1
20th July 2004, 19:56
Hey WT if u want ill have a look around over here in Japan for u.
They got yoshi pipes for everything over here.

PS has anyone seen the new GSXR1000? looks just like the GSVR in motogp. :not:

Motoracer
20th July 2004, 21:00
PS has anyone seen the new GSXR1000? looks just like the GSVR in motogp. :not:

Post up a pic then will ya! I haven't seen one yet...

andy1
21st July 2004, 01:56
oh MR i didnt see it on the net, just in a mag here. sorry bro.
but sure its somewhere on the net.
And the new cbr1000 looks trick alright! V5!!!

LB
21st July 2004, 06:08
Give Bryce at Bucket'n Bits a ring - number's in the book, he's out in Rata Street in Naenae. He has got (literally) millions of bike parts. He knows shitloads. Tell him you know me (he'll double the price :laugh: )

LB
21st July 2004, 06:13
And if that doesn't work get back to me cos I've got a few mates who race Posties.

You might want to think about joining the Postie Register? I think it's $30 and they send out all the info on races, bikes/bits for sale etc etc. It's Auckland based but from what I can see it's $30 well spent for the info you can get. Let me know if you want to and I can give you the details.

White trash
21st July 2004, 07:45
There was a GSXR600 1986 in the tender centre up here last week ....it needed to re-vinned and required new discs for it to get a warrant ... I never got a chance to get it fired up but I think it's still there ... would any of the parts on that be interchangable ?? ... ...if so what would be a good price for it .....the whole thing was in good nick so it might be worth a look .....

I didn't think they made GSXR600s in '86. My bikes all complete and ready to ride so I really need go faster bits, thanks anyway, Hooks.

ps, See you Saturday arvo.

White trash
21st July 2004, 07:45
And if that doesn't work get back to me cos I've got a few mates who race Posties.

You might want to think about joining the Postie Register? I think it's $30 and they send out all the info on races, bikes/bits for sale etc etc. It's Auckland based but from what I can see it's $30 well spent for the info you can get. Let me know if you want to and I can give you the details.

Thanks Lynda, that'd be great!

LB
21st July 2004, 07:51
Thanks Lynda, that'd be great!

PM me your email address and I'll give you the details.

Or better still, because I'm at work now and am not supposed to be online to KB, email me at lblair@linz.govt.nz and you'll get the info sooner.

Cajun
21st July 2004, 09:54
Motoracer look at this

http://www.bikepics.com/pictures/176282/
its a bollocks picture,

http://www.bikepics.com/suzuki/gsxr1000/05/pics.asp

check those ones there, one ther elooks closer, i think the styling will be more the 600/750 look but with undertail exhust i guess

kerryg
21st July 2004, 10:06

Hey, I own one of them!!! You are a man of taste :scooter:

There's a guy selling a set of Yoshimura pipes (no mufflers) on TradeMe now. Check the motorcycle parts listing

Also APE guys do alot of (expensive) hot up stuff for these engines, 'cos they use them in speedway cars. The dealer's in New Plymouth...am now trying to remember who they are? Someone help here?

Oh yeah and CSL do cams and stuff for them as well

White trash
21st July 2004, 17:23
Awesome advice! Cheers Kerry.

I'd like to nominate Brendan at CSL for most helpfull bloke of the year award. My god, I rung up and even though he was busy, he took enough time to get the basic gist of what I wanted. I have e-mailed him with my requirements and nothing is too much trouble for these guys.

If you need engine performance work done, USE CSL! just dont use their website 'cause it doesn't work :laugh:

My bike is gonna be the fastest old hunk of shit you ever saw. :spudbooge

FROSTY
21st July 2004, 22:19
Um er um--WT --ya wanna bet ?? :gob:
The zxr750 is definitely goin on the track
its gonna be a hoot actually having the power to keep up with them r1100boys on the short tracks.

kerryg
22nd July 2004, 09:37
Awesome advice! Cheers Kerry.

I'd like to nominate Brendan at CSL for most helpfull bloke of the year award. My god, I rung up and even though he was busy, he took enough time to get the basic gist of what I wanted. I have e-mailed him with my requirements and nothing is too much trouble for these guys.

If you need engine performance work done, USE CSL! just dont use their website 'cause it doesn't work :laugh:

My bike is gonna be the fastest old hunk of shit you ever saw. :spudbooge

Hi WT that set of headers has just been re-listed on TradeMe with a buy now of $120. He doesn't seem sure they're Yoshimura though so I don't know if it's worth looking at or not.

Ashcroft Engineering is the APE agent.

andy1
26th July 2004, 19:45
ok WT.

I have parts for u.

yoshi pipe-machine bent titanium cyclone full system. $1700.
all yoshi performence parts, cams carbs etc.
parts are for gsxr750F-H(`85-87) whats ur bike model?
whats ur email if u are interested.

Hooks
26th July 2004, 20:22
I didn't think they made GSXR600s in '86. My bikes all complete and ready to ride so I really need go faster bits, thanks anyway, Hooks.

ps, See you Saturday arvo.

My mistake dude :confused2 .. sorry it's an 88 GSX .... i didn't see ya around on saturday .... hopefully you'll get what you need from japan ... there was also an old model 1100 at the tender centre maybe an 85 .. might have the wheels you're after ... they have viewing from Aug 1 ....

Deano
29th July 2004, 15:35
ok WT.

I have parts for u.

yoshi pipe-machine bent titanium cyclone full system. $1700.
all yoshi performence parts, cams carbs etc.
parts are for gsxr750F-H(`85-87) whats ur bike model?
whats ur email if u are interested.

From what I heard today, WT is going to need those cams... :doh:

White trash
29th July 2004, 16:17
From what I heard today, WT is going to need those cams... :doh:

Seems the mechanic/customer confidentiality has been breached.

I'm off to the comerce commission

FROSTY
29th July 2004, 16:22
ahh gooddie so Ill know exactly what cheeater bits wt is using :devil2:

vifferman
29th July 2004, 16:29
Ashcroft Engineering is the APE agent.He's also friggin expensive, and slow.
F'rinstance: APE camchain tensioners for a FireStorm are $US49.95 each (~$NZ81). He quoted me $165 each!! A lister on the UK FireStorm list couriered me two new APE CCTs AND a replacement throttle position sensor for less than $300. I had them on my doorstep in less than a week.

White trash
29th July 2004, 16:31
ahh gooddie so Ill know exactly what cheeater bits wt is using :devil2:

Actually, I'm going to run the fucker with worn out cams and rockers for a while. Just to show you trash talking prick who's boss.

Then, when I've utterly demoralised the whole field, I'm going to fire the big bore, Stage 2 Yoshi cams, Sprint/race prepared head with big valves in and lap you old chooks!

How do ya like THEM apples!

FROSTY
29th July 2004, 16:57
yadda yadda yadda--ya know the story--when the flag drops......... :devil2:
seriously though dude i reckon this pre89 class could seriously rock.
I'm just worried itll be at pukie for 2 rounds--Those bloddy88 r1100 and fzr1000's were pretty bloody fast in a straight line

White trash
29th July 2004, 17:00
Old age and treachery beats youth and skill every time, mate. Remember that.

FROSTY
29th July 2004, 17:04
Well if thats true trash man--best ya just concede Ive won now and save yaself the trouble--Im pretty old lol

Motoracer
29th July 2004, 17:11
Old age and treachery beats youth and skill every time, mate. Remember that.

How do I beat a skilled and treacherous old falla like yourself then?

FROSTY
29th July 2004, 17:14
oYYY YOU wippersnapper you . enough callin people old ok :ar15:

White trash
29th July 2004, 17:14
How do I beat a skilled and treacherous old falla like yourself then?

Ahhh....the force is strong with that one.

With time and training you will grow to be the oldest and most treacherous of us all young 'Racer.

FROSTY
29th July 2004, 17:29
actually Im boulding a vehicle for a race class us "oldies" are gonna be eligable for. -supercharged zimmer frame racing.
and Yoda/WT i cannot detect if it is the dark side of the force coming out in young racer-
methinks he has gone over to the black arts in the search of the elusive lure to all young jedi riders -Horsepower :doobey:

750Y
30th July 2004, 13:36
post classics on an 86 gsxr750.. most excellent dude!!!
that'd be my choice for fun if i wanted to go racing.
they could be awesome with some money spent on suspension & performance. go hard, sounds like fun.

White trash
30th July 2004, 14:44
post classics on an 86 gsxr750.. most excellent dude!!!
that'd be my choice for fun if i wanted to go racing.
they could be awesome with some money spent on suspension & performance. go hard, sounds like fun.

Thanks Dude. Good to put a voice to the name yesterday.

We'll catch up at the track sometime and you're more than welcome to take the ol' girl for a skid. It's a bit of humour after a late model bike, I tell ya!

riffer
30th July 2004, 14:48
BTW WT at work Pete and I checked up on those Yoshi(?) headers on trademe against some on ebay and elsewhere on the web.

We're almost certain that they ARE yoshi headers. 42mm pipes.

He hasn't put them back on trademe yet but could definitely be worth a look if they do come up again.

Also some rebuilt 36mm Mikuni Roundslides but I'm not too sure if they comply with the pre-89 regs.

White trash
30th July 2004, 14:59
BTW WT at work Pete and I checked up on those Yoshi(?) headers on trademe against some on ebay and elsewhere on the web.

We're almost certain that they ARE yoshi headers. 42mm pipes.

He hasn't put them back on trademe yet but could definitely be worth a look if they do come up again.

Also some rebuilt 36mm Mikuni Roundslides but I'm not too sure if they comply with the pre-89 regs.

Gotta link for those carbs?

FROSTY
30th July 2004, 15:00
Hey WT I'm wondering if wheels off another pre89 bike would be legal.
I'm thinking that something with 17" wheels would give you bigger choice in tyres

riffer
30th July 2004, 15:33
Gotta link for those carbs?http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbike-Parts/Engine-drive-train/auction-14091198.htm

riffer
30th July 2004, 15:34
The yoshi headers:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbike-Parts/Other/auction-12983303.htm

750Y
30th July 2004, 15:55
...We'll catch up at the track sometime...

by the sounds of it I wouldn't be catching jack shit, lol.
anyways, I had a 'g' and it was pretty good although it lasted 2 weeks before hand-grenading on a straight stretch of back road. not one of the 8 cages i'd just overtaken(in one hit) stopped to help, they just laughed at all the smoke & oil and smirked as they went past.
what got me was how much better it was handling-wise than i'd imagined once it got going. it felt like it was flexing in corners & wallowed a fair bit but had HUGE potential to make half decent. dam, now i want one too, but the wife would kill me twice 8-(.

Drunken Monkey
30th July 2004, 17:59
...it felt like it was flexing in corners & wallowed a fair bit ...

That's probably those dodgy plastic 18" wheels they shipped with...

BTW, here is my old one. It was previously owned by Death'N'Taxes. Last we heard, a m/cycle courier had done a lot of succesful miles on it.