PDA

View Full Version : Husband begging me to get my own bike

Shewolf
13th December 2006, 21:58
Because I keep taking his 250cc and I get in a huff when he wants to use it to go to work - the nerve of him!

Can't wait till I get a nice 500cc plus and smoke him...which he can't ride till off his learners muwahaha...

Any comments on a nice cruiser with a good reach for shorter arms? What cc size is too meaty to handle?

crashe
13th December 2006, 22:33
So you still on a Learners or Restricted.....?

A VIRAGO :love: is the way to go.......:yes:

Yellow Streak
13th December 2006, 22:41
Try the Hyosung Aquila GV650. Awsome handling and performance!

saul
14th December 2006, 05:13

+1 My mate had one and he is about 60 kg and not so tall. Very good machine:rockon: if you like that mode.

Shewolf
14th December 2006, 06:20
Hi - thanks...no I'm on full licence, hubby has learners. I haven't ridden anything much bigger than a 250 tho so a little nervy

magicfairy
14th December 2006, 07:02
I rode a Suzuki Boulevard S40 (the former Savage 650 single) for the last 15 months, very light and easy to handle, but a bit gutless on the motorway. Belt drive so very smooth and low maintenance.
I have just traded up the next size up - Boulevard S50 - 800cc VTwin - Shaft drive (was the Intruder) and loving it.
I am only 5ft 1' with short legs but both these bikes are low to the ground and narrow so I can flat foot and move bike around easily.

Suzukis I find very reliable, engines and gear boxes rock solid.

yungatart
14th December 2006, 07:04
Just go shopping! Go to all the bike shops in your area, sit on/test ride whatever takes your fancy. If you don't find anything close to home, borrow hubby's bike and take a road trip, till you find what you want:innocent:

Shewolf
14th December 2006, 08:45
Oh well I've gone and done it now - just got a Vulcan 800 Classic from Trademe. Have to get rid of a cage to make room in the garage!

Drum
14th December 2006, 08:56
Late night impulse buy Shewolf?

I like the look of those Vulcans, and you cant go wrong with a Kwaka.
Pictures when you have them please.

Shewolf
14th December 2006, 09:26
I took the Vulcan for a small test ride last weekend, I really liked the Intruder, Dragstar and Steed though...but I think the old school look appealed.

Will be nice having a decent ride of it home from Waiuku to North Shore!

SDU
14th December 2006, 13:40
You don't muck around do you, Good one, nice toy. Happy riding. You'll have to tell hubby to hurry up & get his full.

Aitch
14th December 2006, 19:30
Go ride lots and lots of bikes! Take NO advice from here (except mine), don't have any preconceived ideas. The more the merrier. It's free, and what's more it's FUN!

Blueskies
16th December 2006, 20:14
Oh well I've gone and done it now - just got a Vulcan 800 Classic from Trademe. Have to get rid of a cage to make room in the garage!

Good on you Shewolf. Great choice of bike. The mighty Vulcan.
Maybe we will get to ride together sometime. :rockon:

scumdog
16th December 2006, 20:26
Because I keep taking his 250cc and I get in a huff when he wants to use it to go to work - the nerve of him!

Can't wait till I get a nice 500cc plus and smoke him...which he can't ride till off his learners muwahaha...

Any comments on a nice cruiser with a good reach for shorter arms? What cc size is too meaty to handle?

Scumdog has a nice 1200 Sportster S which is like a souped up Shadow or Virago for all those short guys and has sooooo much extra grunt that you wouldn't even need to squirt the throttle too hard to ride off him. I would ride it but Scumdog has me hooked on the 1450 T Sport and currently has the sportster rego on hold, so I say go for it girl and you will have a gem, us girls will be envious ( and we know how to ride off those look a like guys)!
CB

Mom
16th December 2006, 20:41

Cant comment on handling and performance...but it certainly looks the part, I work with a guy that has about 80kms on his and he has nothing bad to say about it....

Shewolf
17th December 2006, 17:50
Good on you Shewolf. Great choice of bike. The mighty Vulcan.
Maybe we will get to ride together sometime. :rockon:

mmmmmm Vulcans...

Pretty happy with the bike - 45k ride back to the Shore yesterday after picking her up, then out lots since - getting used to the bigger bike in traffic.

Not used to getting stares though!

Roj
22nd December 2006, 08:42

Do you mean to say cage even makes it in to the garage?:gob:

need more bikes:scooter:

Shewolf
22nd December 2006, 08:50
Only 1 cage in the garage - and that's only because it's hiding all the chrissy presents. Quite a good storage device really - moveable. Would be better if I paint out the windows.

Hmmm what else could I use unused cages for... kids jungle jim (take out the windows)

Outdoor conservatory / propagation device...

Shazz
23rd December 2006, 14:29
Is that though always the way, what about those spur of the moment, fall in love type buying sprees. It works out well, did for me. hehehehe

Shazz
23rd December 2006, 14:31
I took the Vulcan for a small test ride last weekend, I really liked the Intruder, Dragstar and Steed though...but I think the old school look appealed.

Will be nice having a decent ride of it home from Waiuku to North Shore!

You are being too generous with your words Shewolf, I like to describe 'the old school look' as having 'meatieness'. I don't know about you, but all the bikes that i had a look at prior to getting my Shadow, were 'plastic' bits stuck together. The real 'meatieness' of the shadow suited my style. But awesome choice of bike, keep safe, and have a bloody good time girl!:Punk: