PDA

View Full Version : Campaigns for motorcycle safety

750Y
29th May 2003, 17:04
Ever noticed how the only time You ever see Motorcycles depicted in Road safety campaigns they are either speeding or moving really fast?
like the one where the drunk guy runs his mate off the road killing him or the old one where the guy is whinging about the speed ticket he's getting?
Notice how we all pay big acc premiums to keep our bikes on the road and we're continually cast as being over represented in the accident tally. Well when do they ever spend a dollar of that money on our behalf to make a difference in the stats?
Just recently I've had to use the ute a couple times and I heard an ad on Radio Hauraki about watching out for bikes. Well I was so stoked to hear that. Someone is actually making an effort to help us finally and get it out to the drivers in their cars to open their eyes and use their brains.
Good on You Radio Hauraki for playing those ads. I'm really pleased and proud of them. And whoever is behind that campaign...Thanks
:niceone:

SPman
29th May 2003, 22:03
I think its part of a bike awareness campaign organised by Ullysses & BRONZ with some support from the ACC.

Coldkiwi
30th May 2003, 12:14
yes. I heard some adds on Solid Gold a few weekends ago in a store (don't normally listen to solid gold!). Very stoked about that as there were quite a few of them in a short space of time. Are they playing them in the mornings as people commute though??

SPman
30th May 2003, 19:01
Yep - heard one on 1ZB:o  this week.