PDA

View Full Version : Enfield egg yokes required

Brian d marge
14th December 2006, 01:32
Hey all help neded ( ned ed as in neddy seagoon , )

I need a top yoke for My Enfield , Now the original nacelle has the top yoke all cast in with the lights , speedo etc ,,way cool but , not for racing

Now have a few options

Buy one 250 pounds and not peroid looking enough to satisfy scrutineer ( have to show bike picture to show that the bike would have looked the same back in the day !)

Make on , casting , machining I can do , but the cost for a one off is starting to climb

use a jap one to fit the 35mm forks ,,If I used both top and bottom yokes from a jappa, then I could get away with it.

Any Ideas suggestions ??

Does someone know of a Jap bike which uses 35mm forks???

Have posted a few Pics to show what I mean

Stephen

Kickaha
14th December 2006, 05:38

XJ550,RZ250/350 are the first that spring to mind, a lot of the eighties Jap bikes had them

Ghost Lemur
14th December 2006, 07:39
Is there anything in India? With them being such a common machine there I'm sure they must race them. Therefore someone will have already solved the problem and should be selling the solution. Being India I doubt it'd be expensive either.

Are there any Enfield boards you can turn to for info?

Brian d marge
14th December 2006, 13:27
If its Enfield you will see me crop up on them ,,,,,, India is a thought though the one headstock they do make his out of stock from the british importers

I am familiar with hondas , did the RZ use a 35 mm fork , if so they are common here ?

Stephen

Brian d marge
16th December 2006, 13:32
Ok heres the thought so far , I can use 35mm fork tubes with my original sliders this will allow the use of Jap top and bottom yokes

Thats the plan at this point in time

Anyone know which bike has 35 mm forks? Xr200 are 36 mm Crf 150 are 35 mm but I cant see any on auction

Stephen

Bonez
16th December 2006, 14:29

70s CB500/550s, 70s Gs750/550s, 80/81GSX70s. The GB400/500s have them but the top yoke is ali with no risers for bars.

Kickaha
16th December 2006, 19:17
did the RZ use a 35 mm fork , if so they are common here ?

Stephen

Yes they did, where abouts is here?

Brian d marge
17th December 2006, 01:10
Japan

they are still cheap here ...

Thanks all I have enough to get my self ito trouble with ..will report back how things go

Stephen