PDA

View Full Version : F.u.l.l.!! :)

Bend-it
14th December 2006, 10:41
There, I now have my full motorcycle license!! Woohoo!! Just did my test on a borrowed gsx250 this morning, from the Tory St VTNZ station.

Only problem was having to put my foot down during the u-turn, which he went, "Yeah, not too worried about that..."

Great guy!! Now I can legally ride the RF900!! Woo hoo!! :2thumbsup:

bistard
14th December 2006, 10:47
Hey,Well Done,the world is your oyster now!!

Fishy
Nice one, congrats man!. :niceone:

Blairos
Well done!!!

I know the feeling, got mine last week! :niceone:

slinky
14th December 2006, 10:50
you should or shouldn't put your foot down?

edit: and well done! i just recently did mine too :D

Bend-it
14th December 2006, 10:53
Shouldn't for a u-turn, but I did.

Squeak the Rat
14th December 2006, 10:59
Would have got failed in the UK for that! But congratulations - enjoy the RF :scooter:

Trudes
14th December 2006, 11:00
Well done dude, legal yay!

kiwifruit
14th December 2006, 11:03
Cool! good to be legal eh ;)

nudemetalz
14th December 2006, 11:05
Excellent stuff, Bend-it. Now the RF900 is yours to ride and not Mr Plod's !!!

Bend-it
14th December 2006, 11:07
Yeah!! Now I can get insurance and know I fulfill their requirements! :)

Qn 1. What's the thing with u-turns? You don't actually need to do it without putting your foot down... Doesn't add to safety or anything...

Qn 2. I've always had problems with u-turns... do you ride up to about 20kph and do a quick one or slow walking pace one?

Colapop
14th December 2006, 11:07
Way to go Kev.

:scooter: RFRFRFRFRFRFRFRFRFRFRFRFRFRFRFRFRFRFRFRFRFRFRFRR.. .:scooter:

Drum
14th December 2006, 11:11
Hey, congratulations Bend-it!

Whats the point of the whole u-eee/ no foot down thing? I think it just proves a certain amount of bike control.

If you keep your eyes/ head up when doing a u-eee then your foot shouldnt go down.

Enjoy the RF mate.

Bend-it
14th December 2006, 11:18
Weird... Just rang Star insurance and they said, "Yeah, we're not that competitive on the lower value bikes (WHAA?? You calling me Cheap!?!? ;)), your best bet is Kiwibike!"

Disgruntled employee maybe? heh heh heh...

Mrs Busa Pete
14th December 2006, 11:20

Qn 1. What's the thing with u-turns? You don't actually need to do it without putting your foot down... Doesn't add to safety or anything...

Qn 2. I've always had problems with u-turns... do you ride up to about 20kph and do a quick one or slow walking pace one?

congrats on your full.As for u-turns just grab afist full of front brake and lite up the rear it will come around 180 degrease pritty quick.you could get colapop to teach you the art of trying to do wheel stands rf style

Squeak the Rat
14th December 2006, 11:22

1 - Should be with your feet up to show control yada ya..

2 - Try this technique for U-turns:

Constant throttle at take off revs or slightly above
Ride the back brake - this helps balance and steady the bike
Control the speed by slipping the clutch
Keep the bike reasonably upright, use the handlebars to steer. Tighter lock = lean further left.

Bend-it
14th December 2006, 11:39
Just got off the phone with kiwibike... What a TOP guy!! Had a chat about biking, recommended advanced riding courses, coupla stories... Fully recommend!

apteryx_haasti
14th December 2006, 11:43
Cool news (even though it makes me jealous *counts off months until full on fingers*)

I've got my bike insurance through National Auto Club - they were way cheap compared to e.g. AMI - but when I get my full and a new bike I shall compare them to Kiwibike...I like a bargin!

Bend-it
14th December 2006, 11:47
Yeah, I was with NAC when I was under 25 and driving... Now have car insured under the Mrs, 'coz it's cheaper. :)