PDA

View Full Version : Radiaitor guard R6

Firefight
21st July 2004, 10:22
after a small problem with a high speed projectile puncturing my radiator last saturday :mad: , I am keen to know if anyone knows of a suitable radiator screen/guard can be purchased for Yam R6s, I don't have all day to the fuck around searching on the net, so if anyones knows of something that will look :cool2: (sorry Logan, No ice cream containers and chook wire)
can you let me know.

cheers firefight. :wacko:

Motoracer
21st July 2004, 11:05
I can ask my mates how to make one for yourself for cheap if you like. They have all done it by going to the hardware store and and getting cheap materials to do the job.

Cajun
21st July 2004, 11:50
My old 1100 had an home build one

but here are a few links for ya FF

http://www.2wf.com/articles/gear/35ACC7B8-FFFF-4B99-9469-81A900B91E2C.asp

can't really find much best might get someone to make up here

Firefight
21st July 2004, 19:36
My old 1100 had an home build one

but here are a few links for ya FF

http://www.2wf.com/articles/gear/35ACC7B8-FFFF-4B99-9469-81A900B91E2C.asp

can't really find much best might get someone to make up here

Ye ha, Banana man you are the Man ! :wacko:

thanks heaps, will contact these guys.

F/F :sunny:

Cajun
22nd July 2004, 07:56
No its not banana man its the Cajunator

but no worrys,

Firefight
22nd July 2004, 10:14
No its not banana man its the Cajunator

but no worrys,

sorry banana man, have another look at your profile,

F/F :laugh:

Cajun
22nd July 2004, 10:20
i changed it from banana man to the cajunator dc:< the other week

Zed
22nd July 2004, 10:24
sorry banana man, have another look at your profile,

F/F :laugh:
So I trust you are now back on the road again F/F? :cool:

If you're not going to Manfield maybe I'll see you at Puke on Saturday? Love to do that same ride again like we did last weekend.

Zed

Firefight
22nd July 2004, 10:27
So I trust you are now back on the road again F/F? :cool:

If you're not going to Manfield maybe I'll see you at Puke on Saturday? Love to do that same ride again like we did last weekend.

Zed

Its not looking good, atm

F/F :pinch:

Cajun
22nd July 2004, 10:33
i still deciding if i am gonna be able to come to pukie on saturday, don't really wanna ride up and back by myself

Zed
22nd July 2004, 10:44

You'd better add a post to my "Bikeless Blues" thread then bud. :brick:

Motoracer
22nd July 2004, 10:49

If you don't mind sizing down to a 400 for the weekend, I have just asked my bro and being such a good guy that he is, he said you can borrow it for the trip if you want :niceone:

Firefight
22nd July 2004, 11:54
If you don't mind sizing down to a 400 for the weekend, I have just asked my bro and being such a good guy that he is, he said you can borrow it for the trip if you want :niceone:

thanks MR, have just pmed you,

F/F

Firefight
22nd July 2004, 12:00
You'd better add a post to my "Bikeless Blues" thread then bud. :brick:

Yeah I did mate, but being dumb with computers, don,t know how to show you the link thingy, please leave me now am about to wallow in self pity
for the rest of the day. :crybaby: :crybaby:

F/F

Motoracer
22nd July 2004, 12:16
Yeah I did mate, but being dumb with computers, don,t know how to show you the link thingy, please leave me now am about to wallow in self pity
for the rest of the day. :crybaby: :crybaby:

F/F

I've just sent you another PM and you better take this offer!!

Marmoot
23rd July 2004, 19:03
Cheap fix would be to go to metal fabricator and get the so-called "extruded aluminium". That's a fancy-type chook wire that them boyracers use for their intercooler guards.
Cut to slightly wider than size (measure the hole first), fold the end to 90 degree, and fix with 200mph-tape (that's Ducktape).

I did mine just like that and lasted for 2 years+
The only thing that destroyed it (along with the whole fairing) was a huge crash off the road.

Would only cost you $30 for the whole plate of Ally, and would make for 2 to 3 bikes.

P.S.
I'll try to get NEXT saturday off so we can have a similar ride. Hopefully the weather's gonna be fine.

Firefight
24th July 2004, 09:31
Cheap fix would be to go to metal fabricator and get the so-called "extruded aluminium". That's a fancy-type chook wire that them boyracers use for their intercooler guards.
Cut to slightly wider than size (measure the hole first), fold the end to 90 degree, and fix with 200mph-tape (that's Ducktape).

I did mine just like that and lasted for 2 years+
The only thing that destroyed it (along with the whole fairing) was a huge crash off the road.

Would only cost you $30 for the whole plate of Ally, and would make for 2 to 3 bikes.

P.S.
I'll try to get NEXT saturday off so we can have a similar ride. Hopefully the weather's gonna be fine.

Thanks Marmoot, if I ever get the bloody radiator back :brick: in the bike, I may well take your advice.

F/F

Marmoot
24th July 2004, 22:49
Thanks Marmoot, if I ever get the bloody radiator back :brick: in the bike, I may well take your advice.

F/F

YOU DID WHAT????? :shit: :shit: :shit:

Oh well......if you ever got lost, try lurking in the internet to find microfiche (fiche....fische....how's the spelling?) of R6 to see diagram on how to fix things up again.

As I said before, if it's only a small puncture, a dab of superglue on the outside will fix it........kinda dodgy repair, but hey it works :)

Oooooh.....I hope I can go out riding next saturday....... :mellow:

Firefight
25th July 2004, 11:37

Oh well......if you ever got lost, try lurking in the internet to find microfiche (fiche....fische....how's the spelling?) of R6 to see diagram on how to fix things up again.

As I said before, if it's only a small puncture, a dab of superglue on the outside will fix it........kinda dodgy repair, but hey it works :)

Oooooh.....I hope I can go out riding next saturday....... :mellow:

what about tuesday this week Marmoot ?are you off ?

F/F :crazy:

pete376403
25th July 2004, 16:52

Have a look at partsfish http://www.powersportspro.com/partsfish/login.asp
Doesn't list the part numbers but useful as assembly diagrams and so on

Ghost Lemur
25th July 2004, 19:19
I came across one for the r1 on tobefast.com. Didn't see if they also did one for the r6, and at $US55 + shipping I'd still say build your own. Sexier and cheaper.

Marmoot
26th July 2004, 11:50
Alas,
this Tuesday free I am not (well.....technically speaking. Got the day free but the missus got the morning free so she'll ask me to take her here and there.....and there's a meeting at 4pm with client....my usual sissy excuses :o ).

But if there's any changes, I 'll let you know firsthand