PDA

View Full Version : Cage Insurance

Devil
21st July 2004, 10:26
Well yay for taking peoples advice and arguing my premium with my existing company. Im an under 25 with a late model turbo car, though with full no claims bonus and I still cant get insured with a standard insurance company.

But just talked to my current company (Inbroke) and said I wasnt too happy with the existing premium ($147 per month so $1764 ann). Bartered with the guy for a bit and got it down to $110 per month ($1320). I R happier!
Negotiate with your insurance companies people!

Im sick of expensive insurance :(

Posh Tourer :P
21st July 2004, 14:12
Yep. It is definitely worth it. If I hadnt negotiated, I wouldnt have insurance at all for my Beemer. Instead I have third party for $70 or so (the same price as for a CB125 :spudwhat:). It pays to be persistent. Polite, but persistent. For example I managed to restrain myself when the manager tried to tell me the 650cc capacity was the V8 of the motorcycle world. !! :S

riffer
21st July 2004, 14:33
Im sick of expensive insurance :(
Wow. Insurance for younger folk is expensive....

My Subaru GT-B Legacy used to cost me $55 a month, $500 excess.

My bike is now insured with AMI for $35.55 a month fully comprehensive. $250 excess no matter what.

I used to pay $32 a month TPFT.

Devil
21st July 2004, 14:50
Wow. Insurance for younger folk is expensive....

My Subaru GT-B Legacy used to cost me $55 a month, $500 excess.

My bike is now insured with AMI for $35.55 a month fully comprehensive. $250 excess no matter what.

I used to pay $32 a month TPFT.
Yeah it sucks. I cant even GET insurance with standard insurance companies.
"oh we wont insure that kind of car"
"im sorry, because of your age..."
"I eat goat testicles"

Its frustrating. I had an accident 6 years ago now, and i worked my butt off to get my no claims bonus and I still cant get insured easily. It better change when I hit 25 and suddenly become a good driver.

sAsLEX
21st July 2004, 15:13
a sex change would help to! the sexist c***s that they are!!! My sister has not taken any of the driving/defensive driving courses available to her and has crashed alot more than me and yet her insurance is still cheaper, go figure :sly:

Drunken Monkey
21st July 2004, 15:48
a sex change would help to! the sexist c***s that they are!!! My sister has not taken any of the driving/defensive driving courses available to her and has crashed alot more than me and yet her insurance is still cheaper, go figure :sly:

Things may swing around - I read an Australian report where 18-25y.o. girls were the next up and coming lot of high-risk drivers, soon to replace 18-25y.o. males. Still, can't beleive everything you read...

SpankMe
21st July 2004, 15:56
Cage stuff goes here.

http://forums.performancecar.co.nz/phpBB/index.php

Devil
22nd July 2004, 08:13
Cage stuff goes here.

http://forums.performancecar.co.nz/phpBB/index.php
1) There are far too many kiddies at those forums. Im not interested in associating with them.
2) We're discussing Insurance first, cages second. After all, this is the "anything non-motorcycle related" forum.