PDA

View Full Version : Looking to ride again

Strider
16th December 2006, 23:55
Yeah hi,
I m to restore my riding skills after about 15 years. Any one got a suggestion of a good starting bike, not too low in the cc range but easy to handle? :scooter:

Gremlin
17th December 2006, 00:06
errr... you might want to be a little more specific... dirt, dual purpose, sports, tourer, cruiser... how do you ride, or want to ride? I assume you have a full license?

Dafe
17th December 2006, 06:53
Triumph Rocket 3 Bro!

GSVR
17th December 2006, 07:24
Yeah hi,
I m to restore my riding skills after about 15 years. Any one got a suggestion of a good starting bike, not too low in the cc range but easy to handle? :scooter:

If you were happy with what you were riding 15 years ago I would get something similar but more modern. For most people what they ride comes down to what they can afford to ride. Do you have a limit on what your prepared to spend?

Welcome to Kiwibiker

Batcerb
17th December 2006, 09:06
Suzuki SV650 ...

or Bandit 600 just to name a couple

limbimtimwim
17th December 2006, 09:18
You have a full licence?

Grub
17th December 2006, 20:01
Any one got a suggestion of a good starting bike, not too low in the cc range but easy to handle? :scooter:

Well I've just gone and done it. Got back onto a bike and for me, I have found the perfect one. The CBR600F is a sports/tourer. I commute 30km each way over one of Welly's best bike roads (Paekakaroki Hill Rd) so I know it is a (great) sports bike and we're touring all over xmas to Auckers and back to Wanganui (Paraparas, here I come!). It has incredible easy handling, can flick between corners and has a bunch of torque that allows you to go very fast without alerting the neighbours to what you're doing.

I can make it go seriously quick enough yet it has low seat, amazing handling and tireless touring position. I bought it because of it's reputation as one of the "great" bikes - and it is everything I could hope for. Sure its an oldie but it only had 48,000km on it so it's just out of nappies.

Oh, and it only cost $3,200 which is all I wanted to spend for fun, convenience and a bit of a rev up. I consider that a throw-away amusement. But look what's happened, I hardly ever use the car now - at all, for anything:)

Brett

Swoop
19th December 2006, 18:53
GXSR's are popular. They can easily be found in most ditches near a corner...

Welcome to KB!!!:scooter: :scooter:

Crasherfromwayback
19th December 2006, 19:29
Yeah hi,

How 'bout you come and see me at work?
Riding bikes is the easiest and simplest way to see what suits/excites you.

If you ask for me, I'll make sure I'll spend as much time with you as we need to, to find you the right bike.

Pete (Wellington Motorcycles)

8010-725 DDI
8018-666 Ahrs:scooter: