PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Out for a Ride this weekend?

bluninja
30th May 2003, 17:04
No events up this weekend. Is anyone from round Auckland out for a ride this weekend? Hey Vicki have you got far enough south to meet some of the bods off the forum?  I'll probably head out Sunday or Monday on the RSVR for agentle blat...but where to I don't know yet.

TTFN

Yamahamaman
30th May 2003, 17:19
Sounds like an Idea :niceone:

Marmoot
30th May 2003, 22:29
I'm going out tomorrow to Hamilton on a saturday ride.

Manukau offramp -> Clevedon -> Hunua -> Mercer -> SH22 to Waingaro -> rest in Hamilton.
Back the same way.

Marmoot
30th May 2003, 22:30
P.S.
Weather permitting

P.P.S
Anyone interested give me a call on 021 153 1629 before 10am

Antallica
30th May 2003, 23:23
Dammit, I wish I wasn't going away with the wife for the weekend.

Oh well, I'll empty my tank/res doin some drivin tomorrow before I leave....

*mutters* it's just not the same all by myself! :(

Marmoot
31st May 2003, 08:25
My girlfriend works on Saturdays....hehehhee :D

bluninja
31st May 2003, 10:26
Bugger I missed all this as I was moving my office, and then out to the Auckland club for the evening. Still there's still Sunday\and Monday. If anyone fancies meeting up tomorrow or Monday give me a call on 0274832030

TTFN 

Coldkiwi
31st May 2003, 10:52
i just might do that blu! If you're going, gimme a bell on 021 537 473... if I get a chance to go I'll call you! I'm working today (bloody construction industry going nuts the way it is) but sunday or monday sounds good (weather likely to be better monday maybe? still looks patchy for sunday)

vicki
31st May 2003, 11:19
I'm still up in Kerikeri unfortunatley, I should get the new choke cable today, if someone in the holiday park ever releases the bloody mail, and then hopefully I can get it fitted today or tomorrow (I'm not very technical!!!)
If not it will be Tuesday cos of the holiday! Bugger! It seems like I'm doomed to spend the rest of my life in the North with an intermittently working bike! (Least it's warmer than Blighty!):eek:

bikerboy
31st May 2003, 11:37
:D I'm game weather pending of course, you've got my number and so does Coldkiwi. Give me a ring! :niceone:

Coldkiwi
31st May 2003, 12:51
of course.. gotta keep that italian sunshine yellow clean don't we! :).. and riding in the rain sucks anyway

You guys been up to Mangawai Heads? I've done the wellsford to mangawai road about 18 months ago on the 250 and I've been hankering to have another go on it. Any other ideas?

bluninja
31st May 2003, 12:57
CK, only been up there the once, but sounds as good an idea as any.....better start polishing my bike so as not to be shown uop by BB's shiny yellow duke.

So is Sunday or Monday best ? If we ride Sunday, then if the weathers good Monday that's another ride :D

TTFN

Coldkiwi
31st May 2003, 13:04
shweeet.. I'll have to sweet talk the girly!:o

bikerboy
31st May 2003, 15:08
Sounds good to me guys.

Hey CK, that's not code for "get permission" is it? :D

Buy the way, the bike hasn't been cleaned for weeks!

:niceone:

SPman
31st May 2003, 15:15
If I can get the old pink thing fired up, I might be on as well.......

Coldkiwi
31st May 2003, 19:01
'permission' is such a strong word

yeah... well, i've been working all day today but my sweet talking has got me free for tomorrow (don't think I'll be out too much on monday though!!)

So I'll be there... wherever there is. Umm... Shall we provisionally say meeting at the shell station on Constellation Drive just east along from the motorway? (I don't know many places near the motorway on the shore!) maybe 10am?

I won't have net access tonight so I'll give Blu and BB a call in the morning (you guys can let me know whats happening ok?) with a weather update.

And don't worry Blu,... my baby's been in the misty slimy rain all week so it ain't to clean either! I'll just contend myself with drooling all over italian paintwork :)

bluninja
31st May 2003, 19:14
So 10 am it is. I'll just need to find this Shell garage:o

Better check that the bike will start as it's not been run for 2 weeks (crime I know, but racing and osteopath have dictated).

TTFN

bluninja
31st May 2003, 19:22
I guess Shell Constellation drive is about here... http://www.wises.co.nz/map/default.asp?street=CONSTELLATION+%28INTERCHANGE%29 +Drive&suburb=MAIRANGI+BAY&town=Auckland&sttype=&i d=47366|2&svctype=1&mapaction=0&mapwhich=0&mapsize =2&width=512&height=512&businesses=1&brad=25&color =-1&filled=0&e=2664611&n=6493140&routemethod=0&s_id= &radius=&zoom=3&move=true&zoomin=true

MikeL
31st May 2003, 20:59
Hey
I hope you guys have a great ride.
I would be tagging along except for the fact that my bikes's been sitting in the workshop for two weeks waiting for some slackarse outfit to rewind my alternator (how long does it take for God's sake??).
Enjoy the day :niceone:

SPman
31st May 2003, 21:06
Yep, I'll be there, (weather permitting) - its only 5 mins from home - can't be that hard to actually get up and out in the morning........:)

bikerboy
31st May 2003, 21:18
Yeah, a late-ish start and meeting point about five minutes away.:D

It better not be raining !!!!!

See you guys at 10. :niceone:

bluninja
1st June 2003, 17:39
Guys and gal, thanks for a great ride out and some great conversation at the lunchtime table. The RSVR has been stabled after it's oil level check and chain lube. All is ready for another playday.

TTFN

bikerboy
1st June 2003, 18:19
You're so fast and responsible Bluninja. :rolleyes:

I've just got my boots off and computer on and there is a message already!

Had a great ride dispite having to wait for you slow pokes! :p

Look forward to the next and maybe the track on the 15th. :niceone:

SPman
1st June 2003, 21:24
Nice ride guys :eek:

BN - what was the (alleged) max speed on the return according to your little black box?  :)

bluninja
2nd June 2003, 09:08
Allegedly 192 kmh must have flashed on the speedo at some point on the way home and an average of 94 from Mangawhai back to where we parted company with SPman near Kumeu.

So who's up for a trip to taupo on 15th June?? I'll check if there's a track day on the 14th, but the racing is on for the Pacific MCC championship on the Sunday.

BB, if anyone asks...I was NOT responsible :D

I'm more a sensitive responsive guy.

TTFN 

Marmoot
2nd June 2003, 11:16
I'd go if it's on Saturday. Can't ride on Sunday. :o

bluninja
2nd June 2003, 13:20
Well i'll be setting off (with race license) in the car at about 4 am with the bike trailering behind. Doesn't look like there's a trackday planned the day before.

TTFN

Coldkiwi
3rd June 2003, 12:53
very nice ride guys. Thanks for the advice on the back road to wellsford, 10 times better than farting along SH1 waiting to get busted.

I think my alleged speed was a little higher actually in spots... ie. having to get hard on the brakes up that long straight/hill into wellsford to stop me rear-ending BN and a car he was about to vertake (ha! ya didn't see that did you? :P:) and still overtaking that car at least 50kph faster than it was moving (still on the brakes)  is probably a BAD thing....but by cripes it was fun!

would love to do taupo but i'm pre-booked for a gig in Auckland on the 15th. Don't go smashing anymore of that carbon fibre up BN!

Marmoot
3rd June 2003, 23:11
Auckland to Taupo:

Off Manukau offramp -> Through Hunua -> down to Mercer -> off to pukekawa -> through SH22 to Waingaro -> SH1 to Hamilton

(off for fag or lunch)

Hamilton -> Mystery Creek -> Te Kuiti way -> through the backroads and dams of waikato all the way to 12km before Taupo.

Now....what was this talk about the thing called 'trailers' again?
:D :D :D :D :D :D

bluninja
4th June 2003, 08:29
they'd be the things you put you bike on when al the lights and legal stuff are removed and you want to go racing....particularly useful if your bike ends up with too much lean and needs some TLC before it's ridden again:D

But nice to know there's an interesting route for going fown there to spetate.

TTFN