PDA

View Full Version : Hey chicks

NAaFI
17th December 2006, 20:44
G'day veteran GIRLIE bikers from a fresh newby,

Just joined KB on the recommendation of some cynical (but loveable) old fart I know. (They told me when I fetched him from the asylum that he'd be okay - eventually. Maybe. Possibly.)

I have a ZXR spread over the entire garage floor, lounge, dining table and fridge. Seriously though, it is in need of some much needed love and attention... and if CADanimal ever sobers up, it might just happen... I'm not holding my breath, though!

I'm new to the whole biking thing but already addicted. And corrupted. I'm mad keen on everything about bikes and riding. Except maybe the part where I get to spend time picking chunks of gravel out of my elbows, knees and sticky-out parts.

I look forward to getting to know you all.

NAaFI :moon:

Blondini
17th December 2006, 20:48
Welcome to your new family:love:

Storm
18th December 2006, 07:36
Welcome aboard the nuthouse. :D
Best of luck getting it all back together quickly

Shewolf
18th December 2006, 07:47
Welcome! Hope you get the bike together and out on the road soon...make the most of that gorgeous S.Island weather!

Lissa
18th December 2006, 08:06
Welcome... get your bike sorted soon and enjoy!

placidfemme
18th December 2006, 08:37
Already said hi... but again...

Welcome to KB... Its a pity you guys live farrrrrrr away otherwise I'd offer to help you out with the bike... even if its just a little bit :)

Remind CADanimal to post some pics of the ZXR in bits... always good to look back and see how far you've come!

alley cat
18th December 2006, 11:36
Hi there.
Hope to see you flying round the bays in no time:chase:

Alice
18th December 2006, 11:37
Hi & welcome,
I'm far from a vet, only had my bike 3 days, and had 3 days of magic riding.

Hope you manage to find all the bits of your bike you have scattered around the garage, lounge, on/under table, in/on fridge when you go to put it all together so you can get out and enjoy it soon.

apteryx_haasti
18th December 2006, 11:55
Welcome!

I hope you don't have any cats that might like to bat some of the smaller bits of your bike around (just "for fun")...

Funnily enough, this is how my nana lost her hearing aid.

(Bring it back Mollie! Bad KITTY!)

Animal
18th December 2006, 12:04
Hi & welcome,
I'm far from a vet, only had my bike 3 days, and had 3 days of magic riding.

Hope you manage to find all the bits of your bike you have scattered around the garage, lounge, on/under table, in/on fridge when you go to put it all together so you can get out and enjoy it soon.
If I can reply on NAaFI's behalf to this post, I hope I can find all the bits too because I'd really like to see her out there riding - as opposed to lurking around my house, drinking my beer and complaining every time a bike goes past under its own power!

placidfemme
18th December 2006, 13:43
If I can reply on NAaFI's behalf to this post, I hope I can find all the bits too because I'd really like to see her out there riding - as opposed to lurking around my house, drinking my beer and complaining every time a bike goes past under its own power!

lol I know how that feels :)

klingon
18th December 2006, 13:55
Hi NAaFI and welcome!
Looks like you're going to fit in just fine - I can just see you becoming a regular fixture in this place.

klingon

NAaFI
18th December 2006, 20:19
Hey you mad people, thanks for all your replies and such a warm welcome!
Yep, that (@#**$!) ZXR is gonna be up and running sometime in the near future and no doubt you'll hear all about it.
In the meantime, I'd best go and coax CADanimal out from under his rock with a piece of raw meat then bribe him with beer to take (yet another) look at the millions of bits and pieces...maybe the beginning of a RUNNING ZXR??

Catch ya round

Animal
19th December 2006, 08:58
...coax CADanimal out from under his rock with a piece of raw meat then bribe him with beer...

You sure do know what it takes to motivate me, but would you stop trying to bribe me with my own beer? :)

placidfemme
19th December 2006, 09:02
lol... raw meat... would be good if it were biltong!

LilSel
19th December 2006, 09:05
Welcome NAaFI :D

Hope ya on two wheels sooon n get that ZXR into one bit:rockon:

Animal
19th December 2006, 09:12
Yeah, that's the truth. Sadly though, I introduced NAaFI to the stuff so nowadays if I do buy any, I have to smuggle it into my house and hide it from her and the cats if I'd like more than a look at the packet it came in. Not sure which species is more savage when it comes to the stuff!

placidfemme
19th December 2006, 09:14
Yeah, that's the truth. Sadly though, I introduced NAaFI to the stuff so nowadays if I do buy any, I have to smuggle it into my house and hide it from her and the cats if I'd like more than a look at the packet it came in. Not sure which species is more savage when it comes to the stuff!

lol so true... I only get to buy it about twice a year or so... and Sam hates the stuff... won't come near me while I'm chewing away at my massive biltong slice yummmmm

*wants biltong now*

Animal
19th December 2006, 09:18
*wants biltong now*

Aargh! Ditto!

SDU
19th December 2006, 10:52
Hey you mad people, thanks for all your replies and such a warm welcome!
Yep, that (@#**$!) ZXR is gonna be up and running sometime in the near future and no doubt you'll hear all about it.
In the meantime, I'd best go and coax CADanimal out from under his rock with a piece of raw meat then bribe him with beer to take (yet another) look at the millions of bits and pieces...maybe the beginning of a RUNNING ZXR??

Catch ya round

You sure do know what it takes to motivate me, but would you stop trying to bribe me with my own beer? :)

:laugh: Welcome NAaFi. Maybe to get your bike 2gether faster you should DBLE the bribe.:innocent:

Bloody Mad Woman (BMW)
19th December 2006, 11:04
Welcome to KB - just get on his bike and ride!!! He may fix yours faster lol.

Rashika
19th December 2006, 15:29
Welcome to Kb NAaF1

Maybe will catch you out on the road sometime...if you ever get that bike up and running ;)

Animal
19th December 2006, 17:32
:laugh: Welcome NAaFi. Maybe to get your bike 2gether faster you should DBLE the bribe.:innocent:
Yep, I love the sound of that! Bigger bribes! Go you! :)

NAaFI
19th December 2006, 19:33
Sounds like a fool proof plan for me at least, SDU. Yep, double the bribe.

Twice as much (of your own) beer is going on this one CADanimal. And I'll throw some biltong in too.
PF, you're invited-saw that the biltong pleasure occurs only twice a year for you (if ya lucky). You two can fight over the scraps-but go easy on him PF, CADanimal's getting a bit slow and weak in his old age (has to soak his biltong in a mug of tepid water for 15minutes before mastication... muttered something about his "upper set"?!)

Hehehe

Animal
19th December 2006, 21:08
in a mug of tepid water for 15minutes before mastication...
What the hell?

Oh. Mastication. Not mast... ah, fuckit. Leave me alone. It's been a long day. :moon:

placidfemme
20th December 2006, 08:35
PF, you're invited-saw that the biltong pleasure occurs only twice a year for you (if ya lucky). You two can fight over the scraps-but go easy on him PF, CADanimal's getting a bit slow and weak in his old age (has to soak his biltong in a mug of tepid water for 15minutes before mastication... muttered something about his "upper set"?!)

Hehehe

yay I got an invite :) lol not a problem, then I can help CADanimal... mast... oh... fix the ZXR

Beemer
20th December 2006, 11:16
"Hey chicks" - what decade were you born in? I suppose you also refer to yourself as a bit of fluff? I can handle being called a lady or a sheila, but a chick? I always think of Easter when I hear that word...

LilSel
20th December 2006, 11:55
"Hey chicks" - what decade were you born in? I suppose you also refer to yourself as a bit of fluff? I can handle being called a lady or a sheila, but a chick? I always think of Easter when I hear that word...

LOL.... :dodge: :dodge:

klingon
20th December 2006, 12:29

Yeah Beamer, I think "chick" is one of those words that has done full circle and got re-claimedby its rightful owners. Actually, I prefer to be called a chick than a lady. "WHO ARE YOU CALLING A LADY?!" :mad:

Chick, sheila, bird, gal... all ok with me.

Depends on context though. A panelbeater called me "darling" yesterday and almost got a thick ear for his troubles. Must have been something about his patronising tone.

Terminated
20th December 2006, 12:34
Welcome to KB

Heads Up and Enjoy

Lissa
20th December 2006, 12:49
Yeah Beamer, I think "chick" is one of those words that has done full circle and got re-claimedby its rightful owners. Actually, I prefer to be called a chick than a lady. "WHO ARE YOU CALLING A LADY?!" :mad:

Chick, sheila, bird, gal... all ok with me.

Depends on context though. A panelbeater called me "darling" yesterday and almost got a thick ear for his troubles. Must have been something about his patronising tone.

Iam with klingon... lady is so yesterday.. "a woman who is refined, polite, and well-spoken".

I hate it when people call me 'love' too, my brother gets called 'Lover' by his grandmother inlaw... even worse :sick:

Lteejay
20th December 2006, 13:02
my brother gets called 'Lover' by his grandmother inlaw... even worse :sick:

Oh, that is wrong in so many ways :confused:

klingon
20th December 2006, 13:10
I hate it when people call me 'love' too, my brother gets called 'Lover' by his grandmother inlaw... even worse :sick:

:rofl: :rofl:

Animal
20th December 2006, 13:32
Aw, c'mon. Don't pick on NAaFI. She's just a fresh young innocent newbie - and a bloody juvenile delinquent!
Be grateful, most of her generation are far less complimentary, as in "Wassup, Bitch?". Now THAT sucks arse!

placidfemme
20th December 2006, 13:37
lol nothing wrong with chick... better than sheila in IMO and FAR better than "girlie" I HATE girlie

Animal
20th December 2006, 13:56
lol nothing wrong with chick... better than sheila in IMO and FAR better than "girlie" I HATE girlie
Yeah, "chick" is good in today's parlance, "lady" went out with black & white TVs, but you're right, Placid, "girlie" is pretty goddamn condescending.

I struggled to contain my laughter this morning though. I was meeting with a client (who prides himself and his company as being very cutting edge and on right up to play in the modern commercial world) and he directed myself and his colleagues to the boardroom, saying something along the lines of "just take a seat, chaps."

Chaps? CHAPS?! Ohforfucksake, that was an expression my grandfather used all the bloody time! You'd remember the type I mean, uppity sunburnt colonial pioneering sort. "I say chaps, what a jolly fine day for for a spot of elephant hunting, what?" and "You chaps can start skinning the zebra after you've unloaded those leopards." and "Well, chaps, shall we join the ladies on the verandah for a gin?" Farkin' hilarious!

Ah hell, my guts are sore from laughing - but you ladies needed to know this, I'm sure. Jolly good show, chaps. Toodle pip.

LMFAO

placidfemme
20th December 2006, 14:05
Yeah, "chick" is good in today's parlance, "lady" went out with black & white TVs, but you're right, Placid, "girlie" is pretty goddamn condescending.

I struggled to contain my laughter this morning though. I was meeting with a client (who prides himself and his company as being very cutting edge and on right up to play in the modern commercial world) and he directed myself and his colleagues to the boardroom, saying something along the lines of "just take a seat, chaps."

Chaps? CHAPS?! Ohforfucksake, that was an expression my grandfather used all the bloody time! You'd remember the type I mean, uppity sunburnt colonial pioneering sort. "I say chaps, what a jolly fine day for for a spot of elephant hunting, what?" and "You chaps can start skinning the zebra after you've unloaded those leopards." and "Well, chaps, shall we join the ladies on the verandah for a gin?" Farkin' hilarious!

Ah hell, my guts are sore from laughing - but you ladies needed to know this, I'm sure. Jolly good show, chaps. Toodle pip.

LMFAO

lol I've given too much rep today... but I totally agree...

Trudes
20th December 2006, 18:45
My dad used to call me 'missy' while waving a finger in my face when giving me a lecture, so yeah, hate 'missy', but weirdly enough like it when my hubby calls me Missy. Not keen on being called woman or sheila, but have no problem with bitch.

NighthawkNZ
20th December 2006, 19:10
I have a ZXR spread over the entire garage floor, lounge, dining table and fridge. Seriously though, it is in need of some much needed love and attention...

But... but.. but... summer... good riding weather errmmm :gob:

oh welcome to KBer :scooter:

NAaFI
20th December 2006, 19:32
hehe, yep, that's it-a bit of fluff!
Mate, what century were YOU born in? I'm a spring chicken myself, and since you asked, I was born in the late 80's (my profile states my age anyway)
I can see your point. However, I'd protest loudly at being called "lady" or "darling" or (your one PF) "girlie". EERGH!
"Sheila", I find way too Aussie and perhaps a bit brazen or crass. The twit who calls me "girl, girlie" or "child" simply deserves a good hard slap.
Anyhow, with my family and group of buddies, I'm used to being called "kid" or "kiddo"-which I guess I'm just resigned to.
*sigh* when will they ever see that I'm all grown up?? :moon:
(Cute pic LilSel)
By the way, who else has chicken on Christmas day? My family has never done the turkey or ham thing. I scabbed some turkey last Christmas when I popped round to visit my buddy and was invited in to munch some leftovers. Being the well mannered but inquisitive young type, I thought it'd be rude to decline the offer, and immediately set to work on a cold turkey sammy. Bottom line: I like turkey. I like chicken too, but turkey would be nice perhaps once a year? I don't mean to sound like a snivelling ingrate, but this year we're away camping... so I'll be lucky if I get my steak (how I prefer it) on the rear side. The BBQ's a bit dodgey and my stepdad insists on cooking (it's the man thing) so I daren't suggest anything above good old sausages, patties and steak. (I feel the steak on its own will test him).
My point: when will my family ever do turkey? Am I really missing out or is the well advertised, steriotyped traditional spread of ham, turkey and pud just a load of hype so that the over-indulgent can, well, over-indulge?
Meanwhile, this Christmas I'll look forward to summer salads and (godwilling/stepdad's skill-ing) a rare steak.

Enough of my wandering drivel.

NAaFI
20th December 2006, 19:36
But... but.. but... summer... good riding weather errmmm :gob:

oh welcome to KBer :scooter:
I know! ...sob...
Ta

Nicksta
22nd December 2006, 18:26
lol... i dont mind chick.. i call girls chick and myself a chick.....
welcome to KB... get that ZXR going!! they are a fun bike!

kels
30th December 2006, 04:53
I hate it when people call me 'love'

I have this HORRIBLE habit of doing that! Calling ppl love! God I wish I could stop it !!!!

Anyone know of any cures....oh except for taping my mouth shut

Thanks loves ;)

elle-f
30th December 2006, 05:46
thats ok luvvy.

hey mrskendog ya biartch! :laugh:

Trudes
30th December 2006, 06:45
Look 'ere Missy, you silly sheila, when are we going for another blat about together? I guess we won't be doing the 'meeting up half way with yungatart' now that she had herself a little mishap!

elle-f
30th December 2006, 07:37
well missypants - you give me the time and the date because basically i am on holidays till the end of jan YAY!! will be heading to auckland at some stage next week for a few days.....so, make it quick snappy woman!

Trudes
30th December 2006, 08:05
Lol, yes ma'am! PM sent love.