PDA

View Full Version : Here pussy pussy pussy, C.A.M's Christmas Meeting writeup

Kickaha
17th December 2006, 21:12
Waking up at 7.00am to rain on the roof and I was thinking about not bothering but as the track is 30km away and often has different weather I dragged myself out of bed and headed off, got to the track and while there were a few showers it wasn’t looking to bad so I got sign in out of the way and unloaded the bikes and then headed off to Hotel Bren (back of his van)

Dangerous was still fucking about and hadn’t signed in as he was a bit worried about getting his wet, but he seemed to succumb to peer pressure and was seen heading off to sign in with helmet and licence in hand, next minute we spot him driving out with his bikes and trailer without saying a word, :bye: Spudracer immediately sends him a one word txt “PUSSY”

Bucket Practice
A shower comes through while we head out onto the track but the bikes feeling good and I’m in a positive frame of mind and it all seems good

Pre82 Practice
Still a few damp patches but I’ve ridden in the rain a few times and don’t mind it and it’s looking like it’ll be dry before to long, the patter in the front is as bad as ever but the more I think about it the more I think it’s a track surface thing on particular corners

Buckets Race 1

I’m on the second row and get a reasonable start and are 5th into the hairpin and I immediately go around the outside of madkeenandy to slot into 4th, two more laps and I’m right behind Spudracer and TonyMac through the s bends, I’m on the gas early onto the straight and Spudracer pulls out to pass TonyMac and while they’re side by side I get in the draught and get the tow I need to pass them both before the kink, they don’t come back past at the hairpin and I lead them to the flag for a :second: behind Peter

Pre82 Race 1

Diesel Pig was good enough to fall off in the previous moderns race in a oil slick of his own creation so I’m thinking I can be up the front somewhere, my starts not great but it’s ok and there’s 3 bikes in front, first I chase the XJ650 all over the back of him through the s bends and then up the inside on the left hander onto the straight, next lap I’m onto the Triumph and getting good drive onto the start/finish straight pass him into the fast kink and set off after the Norton, the white flags out and as we brake into the hairpin he’s out a bit wide and I go up the inside and beat him out of the corner and run home in :first:

Buckets Race 2

Another second row start and I get blocked in through the kink, I make 4 passes on the first lap and that only gets me into 6th, once I’m clear of most of the traffic I put my head down and arse up and go out after TonyMac and Tygertung, they’re having a great battle and it takes me a couple of laps t catch them, we come onto the start/finish straight and Tygertung pulls out to pass TonyMac and while he’s busy looking across at him I slipstream them and pass them both into the kink and set out after the next group but run out of laps and finish 4th

Pre82 Race 2

Diesel Pig has got over his little “oil slick” incident and when the flag drops he’s off like a rat up a drainpipe, Russell on the GS1000S gets in my way through the kink and then out accelerates me to the hairpin where I ride around the outside of him and set off after the XJ650, I catch him the next lap and make the pass onto the start/finish straight and then tag onto the back off the Triumph and pass him out of the hairpin, he’s showing me a wheel through the s bends and then passes me on the infield sweeper, I get good drive onto the straight and nail him before the kink and come home :second: behind Diesel Pig

Buckets Race 3

This time I’m out early and get on the front row, TonyMac leads us off the line and I’m straight into 2nd until Spudracer goes around me at the hairpin, the three of us pull a gap on the rest of the field and a lap later I pull the same move on them I did in race one, Spudracer pulls out to pass TonyMac down the start/finish straight and I slipstream them both and pass both of them before the kink and then bugger off and leave them to it, :first:

Pre82 Race 3

I get a good launch, 3rd to the kink with Russell and 238kg of GS1000S trying to take me on the inside, I’m not having any of that and keep it pinned and he backs out, a lap later and I take the other GS/X 750/1000? In the hairpin when he runs wide on the exit, with Diesel Pig having already pulled a good gap I maintain the gap to the bikes behind me and run in :second: Tygertung is also racing his Bucket in pre82 and runs out of gas and has to push his bike back:yes:

Buckets Race 4

Off the front again and straight into 2nd behind Peter, lap 2 and I draught him down the straight and pass him into the kink, he comeback straight out braking me into the hairpin, another lap and I’m still behind him when a red wheel appears up the inside into the kink I ignore it and it goes away as I tip in, next minute it fly’s past into the hairpin and it’s Diesel Pig on his TZR/GP/RG hybrid, I stick with him and are trying to get a place back when the chequered flag comes out :third:

Pre82 Race 4

Front row start again and I don’t fuck about, straight into second with only a XS650 flat tracker thingy in front of me, it hauls out of the corners but he’s slow through them and I make a pass up the inside into he hairpin on the second lap when he runs out wide, without him holding me up in the corners I pull away, and then I hear the noise of a Honda 550/4 right behind me and I know Diesel Pig is stalking me, he follows me for a couple of laps and as I see the white flag come out he pulls out and blows past me and I run in :second: behind him

A awesome day despite the early weather with plenty of racing and quite smoothly run by the C.A.M’s club, some interesting incidents with Diesel Pig falling off in his own oil and Stanko doing something errrrrrrrrr interesting on the dummy grid:gob:

Now where’s Dangerous got to “here pussy pussy pussy”

k14
17th December 2006, 21:53
I can't believe that ginga pussy. That really takes the cake. Lucky I wasn't there or else you would have had your arses kicked.

dangerous
18th December 2006, 05:46
I have the right to remain silent, any thing I say and do could be held against me in the case of a court of law.

Joni
18th December 2006, 06:03
Na Dangerous more like this one....
Here pussy, pussy....

madandy
18th December 2006, 06:35
Sounds like an awesome days racing for you Kickaha! :rockon:

Joni
18th December 2006, 07:29
Sounds like an awesome days racing for you Kickaha! :rockon:yeah it was a good day... Kickaha was riding like a superstar :love:

Also huge respect to DiselPig, after a small oops in the Moderns, him and Mr Batch cleaned the bike up and he was back to dominate Pre82... good on you Neil!

Bring on Wanganui...:D

dangerous
18th December 2006, 16:09
Na Dangerous more like this one....
Here pussy, pussy....

Ohhhhh... now ya see I aint that cute n furry :Punk:

TonyB
18th December 2006, 18:04
Ohhhhh... now ya see I aint that cute n furry :Punk:

You got that right!
Had an awesome day! Had me work do the night before, but as they were so stingy with drinks ( 4 per head???) there was no danger of a hangover.
Set the alarm for 6:20, but of course the bloody dog woke me up at the usual alarm time of 5:40:angry: As the bike was all packed away all I had to do was eat breakfast and bugger off. Putted into Dangerous's's's's at about 7:15, loaded up some dead weight and then pootled off to the track in the wind and drizzle.

'Twas decidedly un-summerish at Ruapuna, and I was almost hoping that the bloke who had my licence (found lying on the ground at the last meeting) wasn't going to show. But he did. Discussed the situation with Dangerous and a rather unwell looking Rashika, making the point that I'm broke and spending $50 when I may not enjoy myself seemed like a dumb idea. BUT, Warren was there with slicks only on his superbike, so his optimisim helped me decided to stay...... that and the threat of ridicule. As it turned out, practice was partaken upon a 99.9% dry surface- ie two tiny wet patches, the track only got better:Punk:

No real racing exploits to report, but I succeeded in finally adapting to the monster, and if the report from a rider behind me is to be believed I'm now cornering with the exhaust,footpeg, foot, shin and knee all maybe a cm or less off the track, so the limit of lean angle with the standard setup would appear to have been found. Not sure about that though, as I don't feel like I'm leaning all that much. Even if its right, I can still improve a hell of a lot with regard to entry and exit speed though. I'm still getting beaten by good riders on slower bikes.... balls and committment are definitely a factor as well

I took up the offer Peter Jones made when he offered training to all riders during the lunch break. After some confusion... he thought I was offering to train people :killingme, I went out and did some laps with him. After a while playing follow, lead, follow with Peter, Warren passed me on a 150 he'd borrowed. So I followed him around for a bit too. T'was here that I realised I was doing things backwards- going *brake, hang off, turn* instead of *slide bum over, brake, stick knee out, turn* After a few years of doing it wrong its taking the old grey matter a while to adapt...

Also realised that I have been holding my breath in some of the turns :slap: Le Mans said that I might be doing this, which would contibute to arm pump. "Surely not" thought I. Then I at the end of a practice session I stuck my hand up to indicate I was pulling off the track ....and immediately started puffing.:gob: thanks Le Mans :yes:

Anyway, had a primo day. $50 well spent:yes:

ajturbo
18th December 2006, 18:32
you guys are making it really tempting to move down there.... any one got 10acres and an old hut that luke and i can live in.....oh and somewhere to put the dogs.....

TonyB
18th December 2006, 18:58
aj, you just described my mother inlaws place. 10 acres, very humble home and 5ks tops to 'puna

Buddha#81
18th December 2006, 19:43
I to loaded up the night before. Looking foward to getting some more track time up on RG100's old FXR. Got to the track and had second thoughts of riding due to the weather. I paid my money so any thoughts of heading home were removed.

I entered the FXR in Buckets and Streetstock due to the two classes being run seperatly.

Both practices went well and found that only a couple of RG150's passed me so being normal old tail end charlie might not be the case.

Streetstocks: Lined up on the front row and thought if Im goning to get monstered off the line I may as well make the field have to ride around my fat arse. I got a good start by getting a good 2 meter jump on the rest of the field (called cheating) and 10 or so bikes passed me by the time we hit the hairpin in which i managed to outbreak most of them. I spent the rest of the race getting passed down the back straight only to have to ride my arse off through the infield and finished about 6th, pretty happy with the efforts. Running on "b" track was a huge advantage as most of the streetstock guys are used to running on the full circuit, B track is a Christchurch Bucket Racers home track.
The next two S/S races were muck the same only finishing further back in the field due to the young guys getting their heads around B track. I think I managed to finish in the top half of the field all day, which Im pretty happy with on a pussy old FXR.

Buckets (FXR Cup): FXR's ruled the grid by at least 2:1. This was a good yard stick to see how next winter series will go now that I have a more competitive FXR and was rather excited. All in all im pretty happy with the results, two thirds and a second. Ive got to find where the 2 or 3 kph I'm loosing out to bog stock FXR's is (picking the weight disadvantage could have something to do with it).

Well done to the CAM's club for running a meeting that catered for everyone, including carts, moderns, oldies, buckets and streetstocks. Four rounds of racing plus practices all for $50 ($45 pre entered):yes: :Punk: :scooter: in my books.

dangerous
18th December 2006, 20:15
What *looks around* nothing else to say Spud? no pussy remarks, no insults, no gutless what kinda racer are ya.... ohhh well ok :scooter:

k14
18th December 2006, 20:20
What *looks around* nothing else to say Spud? no pussy remarks, no insults, no gutless what kinda racer are ya.... ohhh well ok :scooter:
Yeah I think that deserves a red.

Joni
18th December 2006, 20:24
Dangerous, its called a lost cause, he cant be bothered I reckon! :bleh:

TygerTung
19th December 2006, 09:28
:scooter: Well I had a great day.

Actually finished working on the bikes on FRIDAY!!!! WOW!!! AMAZING which never happens so I didn't need to stay up till 1 in the morning on sat night working on the bikes.:scooter:

Insted I had no option to get real smashed on saturday, I tried to do it in the day time though cracking open my first beer at 12 (mmm db bitter) :apint: :drinkup: :drinknsin at one bbq then moving onto the next bbq after about 7, the bucket racing one and having a few more and getting real trashed, then trying to sober up to go on a date with my girlfriend isn't a good idea, you feel REALLY shit...

Had a relitivly late night, went to bed at about midnight then got up at 6.30 for a shower and some breakfast.

Headed out to the track, the weather wasn't too bad in sumner, but it got worse as I headed out to ruapuna. I knew the god of speed would come through and give us a good day of racing so I didn't worry too much and having pre payed for the event it wasn't a problem.

I had a chat to peter and he lent me a RG150 street stock bike for the day which was fun.

Practice- Was very nervous on the wet track with both bikes, having ridden other faster bikes really shows how ridiculously slow the CG is, it felt like it was hardly moving! The superbucket was better but I still didn't push too hard as I don't like wet tracks. I didn't get a practice on the RG as it had a fouled plug and we had to change that.

Street stock- The RG is quite a fun bike to ride, they had a LOT of power, but I think the ground clearance is a bit of a problem, it certainly doesn't have nearly as much as FHR (Fast Hood Rat- CB150 RS), but maybe a little more than SHR (Shit Hood Rat- CG125) The Club bike I was riding had some nice and old hard tires on it so it liked to slide around heaps, almost lost it through the hairpin when it slid really badly under power. It had reverse gearshift as well which took a bit of getting used to, I made a couple of mistakes with that during races in the day which lost me places, but I did pretty well in that class, not just relying on the power of the bike as I havn't had power before to deal with. I remember one race I was going really well when I made a mistake with the BLOODY reverse gearshift and then about 4 guys steamed past me, must have just been waiting behind me!:bye: Certainly is a fun class to get into though, I might buy one one day if I have enough money, have too many bloody projects at the moment!

-Buckets (FHR) Well this was very fun, I'm getting much more used to the superbucket now and am pushing MUCH harder. Had a few minor issues with the bike during the day, the rear is shuddering a bit under power while lent over, I'm not sure what the problem is, I put a new second hand pirelli slick on the back to replace the dodgy looking dunlop, but perhaps it's no good. It might be the rim is a bit skinny for the 120, it certainly is very pointy. I got pretty used to the shuddering and sliding, it's not very violent, so it probably won't chuck me off. I was going quite hard, hanging off, scraping a foot, scraping a knee, I almost need new boots now as they keep getting holes worn in them from cornering!:laugh: I'll be looking out for some early 90's ones on trademe. Was going really well in around the top 5 etc, I think I may need to be a little more agressive with my passing, but some more power would be nice, shouldn't be too hard to get out of the old girl, I have plenty of go fast bits to fit/manufacture/obtain to really make her sing.

-Buckets (SHR) Well what a laugh, I can really push the old girl now as I'm used to going much faster than this beast goes, I made up a new rangi fork brace out of some exhaust tubing and got some new rear shocks to replace the old rooted ones, and she handles much better, no problem with pushing her to the limit, she just takes it. Ground clearance is a bit of an issue now, but I don't think I'll worry about that perhaps, I'm hanging off the side as much is as humanly possible, pegs scraping, foot scraping, knee scraping and I'm still running wide! Ran off the track a couple of times due to taking the corner a bit fast, but this bike is a bloody fun bike to ride!!!! I might have to look at the timing and compression as it feels pretty slow, but it might just be me, I have been riding a few faster bikes lately.:gob: I put the CG in the all in 8 lapper race at the end which was fun, beat a street stock RG150 and almost beat a GS1000! These big bikes can't really go around corners can they? Lapped a couple of people too, It's a fun bike!:sunny:

-Pre '82 (FHR) Was a little inconsistant in these races with two non finishes, I was having a great battle with tony mac who was riding the XL350 Or XR350A or whatever it is, and just did this awsome overtaking manuvore and ran out of petrol! Damn! Pushed the bike back to the pits and that was that. Was doing quite well in the other races, was having a great tousle with some guy on a kwaka 650 4, I would waste him though the infield, then he would smoke me down the straight. One race I went to do a massive launch then the chain came off! Silly aluminium chain adjuster bracket bent and the chain came loose:angry: Fixed that up with a bit of steel bracket, but that bent a bit too later, Will have to make up a nice thick one out of plate steel and weld it to the frame.

Great BBQ at the end of the racing and great DIY rolls at lunchtime, I chucked in $10 to the donations as I wanna support these wee fullas with their racing! Big ups to peter for lending me a bike for the day to get a taste of the fast bikes!

All in all a great day racing and I can't wait to race again! Whens the next round!!!!!!!!!