PDA

View Full Version : Now THATS accelleration!

FzerozeroT
22nd July 2004, 13:43
http://www.car.co.nz/hotrod.asp?articleid=1934

Motoracer
22nd July 2004, 13:49
THAT IS NUTS!! :wacko:

jrandom
22nd July 2004, 13:53
4.4-second standing quarters.

8 gees.

Top speed 533km/h.

Now I know why the merkins like their top-fuel dragsters.

Cajun
22nd July 2004, 13:54
but if you compare it to a drag bike. thats different, thats like comparing jam and butter.

Mongoose
22nd July 2004, 13:54
Ummm, bugger, its past me before i could say what I thought :ride:

Mongoose
22nd July 2004, 14:00
On a different note(scuse the pun) have you ever noticed how the drivers can talk you thru their last trip down the strip like it was a Sunday drive?
Aw yeah, I saw soandso go up in smoke at half track, I knew if i held it together I would win.
That sort of coment from them?

Cajun
22nd July 2004, 14:03
hahahha yeah i noticed that i been watching some of the drag racing on prime on saturday avo. form aussie
some dynalink world of motorsport or something stupid like that

SPman
22nd July 2004, 14:25
" The current top fuel dragster elapsed time record is 4.441 seconds for the ¼ mile(05/10/03 Tony Schumacher). The top speed record is 333 mph"
Theres that name again!!!!

aff-man
22nd July 2004, 14:47
it's like sitting on an f16 engine and switching it on DAMN!!!!!

Cajun
22nd July 2004, 14:55
http://www.dragbikes.ndirect.co.uk/general/

NordieBoy
22nd July 2004, 16:44
Think about it, from a standing start, the dragster had spotted you at 200mph, and not only caught, but nearly blasted you off the track when he passed you within a mere 1320 foot long race course.

But he didn't see the sweeping right hander just past the finish line...

:blink:

White trash
22nd July 2004, 16:47
Think about it, from a standing start, the dragster had spotted you at 200mph, and not only caught, but nearly blasted you off the track when he passed you within a mere 1320 foot long race course.

:killingme Or the hidden speed camera set up to protect the public from themselves.....'course, the PMs motorcade would prolly thrash the dragster.

speedpro
22nd July 2004, 19:19
Push rod V8s rule. My mates one runs on Methanol but he's managed 6.8@202. There's a whole lot more to going quick/fast than a big motor. When you get into it you have to respect the crew guys, if nothing else it's hard work keeping the damn car going.

speedpro
22nd July 2004, 19:41

Chris Tynan was driving my mates car, managed 170mph through the traps, chutes didn't come out and he pushed so hard on the brake pedal it folded the push rod. He went past the crash crew at about 130mph and turned right through a gate and went up the hill on the right at the end of the strip at Meremere. The car launched off the top of the hill and landed about 50 yards down the other side and buried itself in the bushes.

The choice was running off the end of the strip and risk tumbling the car or when he spotted the open gate, going up the hill. It's like someone said where the driver is sorting out all sorts of stuff at amazing speed. Does show that they can go round corners, though those top fuelers would be a different story at 300mph.