PDA

View Full Version : 250cc Bike Ride Sunday 23rd

DarkDream
23rd July 2004, 09:13
Hi all, Take an interest people, the weather is only good occassionally at the moment.

Anyone interested in an impromtu ride? Or is something already happening?

Here's weather forecast, Sunday is looking good. I'm not overly concerned about route, just keen to put distance on my bike this Sunday.

Auckland Weather
Friday Showers 13° 6°
UV Rating Not available
Saturday Fine 14° 6°
Sunday Fine 15° 7°
Monday Some cloud 16° 9°

Updated Friday 23 Jul 12:00AM

aff-man
23rd July 2004, 10:41
maybe what sort of distance you looking at??

DarkDream
23rd July 2004, 11:21
Was thinking about an afternoon ride, perhaps head off noonish?

However if its a great day then a morning ride would be really nice.

Hmm distance, well a rip down to coromandel and back would be nice? But that would be a full day....

I'm open to suggestions.

Last week I headed up to Orewa with my friend and his GSXR1100, but it was mostly just straight and boring. Would of been nice to head to Paihia ....but then the distance just gets longer and longer.

There seem to be a few other riders on this forum that might have some nice routes thought out already. I'm just thinking Sunday is a great day for riding, so I'll be doing it regardless.

I'm not concerned about experience, I've been riding for only about 6months now but manage to make it down to Cooks Beach in about 1hr 45mins.......for comparision it's about a 2 1/2 hr car ride. But crusing will be more than fine.

aff-man
23rd July 2004, 11:29
hmmmm did the coro loop 2 weeks ago and it ended up being 430km if that is the sort of distance you are looking at. Else there is the hanua's through to papakura has some lovely twists and winds. Could just head ver the kopu's and then back. Or round the coast past themes. Just wondering i might make an appearance. The guys i did the ride with the smallest bike was i think a gsxr600k3 so were a bit quicker would be nice riding with some 250's.

DarkDream
23rd July 2004, 14:29
Yeah that ride sounds good.....At the moment its just us, but perhpas some more people will get interested before the end of the day.

I"m central city for location, and am looking at checking out some riding gear on Saturday so hopefully i'll be sporting a new jacket and perhpas boots!!!

:)

What's your riding level like? As i noted before I"m quite new to this but happily ride along with little inconvience.

aff-man
23rd July 2004, 15:07
Bugger and tarnations i just checked mail and i have something i have to do on sunday. But if you keen to go tomorrow afternoon i should be free. As for my riding level, well slower after i crashed so about average i suppose. Maybe a short blt through hanua and around to papakura and back tomorrow arvo?????