PDA

View Full Version : Howdy All

finerd
23rd July 2004, 21:02
Howdy All

um a little about me:
Am 17 years Old with Full Motorcycle License(Yay!)
Been riding bikes since i was 9, and brought my first a couple of months ago,
Its a 1988 Honda Bros 650 in mint condition. And I love it. Enjoy tight sweaping corners on backroads, and am out on it every weekend.

wish more youths were into bikes so i had some riding partners
but the youth of today seem to be into cars that make poof off
noise's as they go up and down the main street a zillion times.

....must be a dying breed.....

just thought i'd introduce myself.

--Dave :headbang:--

Antallica
23rd July 2004, 21:05
Howsit man, welcome to the site. Nice ride you got there :)

Yeah all the dudes I talk to always tell me that bikes suck & I should get a car. Up them I say.

dangerous
23rd July 2004, 21:12
welcome there finerd, Mate you are most cerntenly on the right track not only have a Honda but its a V twin and of a modest cc aswell.
Nice bikes them ya dont see many around. I havent had a close look at one yet but they look rather trick for 88.
And hey, its good to see the enthusiasm for riding too, enjoy the forum

maybe
23rd July 2004, 21:50
Hi welcome good to see some young fellas still know how to enjoy themselves. :cool2:

Ms Piggy
23rd July 2004, 21:54
Welcome along :niceone: Maybe you need to get a few more of those youngs lads to stop wasting their dollars on 'pff' & 'psssffftt' nosies & get their leg over!

wari
24th July 2004, 20:44
HOwdy FInerd ... welcome :spudwave:

going to the longtrack gp in nov?

finerd
24th July 2004, 22:15
Longtrack GP?
Never heard of it so im guessing that I probly wont be

wari
24th July 2004, 23:22
Longtrack GP?
Never heard of it so im guessing that I probly wont be

Shame on you ... :)

FzerozeroT
24th July 2004, 23:48
Kia ora Dave, full licence at 17! Well done, thats some real committment.I'm hoping to get mine before I break the "10 year on my learners" mark :D

Indiana_Jones
25th July 2004, 00:10
Dave, 17 here also.
Feel justthe same about little try-hards in the cars :baby:

-Indy

Posh Tourer :P
25th July 2004, 11:00
Nice choice of bike... I've heard good stuff about them and have been meaning to try and wangle myself a test ride or something on a 650 version at some point. All the bike shops seem to have are 400s

FROSTY
25th July 2004, 11:36
good onya young fella. --nice ride you have there.-It only took suzuki till the new millenium to get with the program

Mongoose
25th July 2004, 13:23
Welcome young man, well done on getting your full ticket at 17!!
Stick around and i am sure that you will find some riding buddys not too far away.

LB
26th July 2004, 05:44
Hi finerd, welcome to KB. You've got some nice roads up your way. We go to the Waikato quite a bit and often come back via Taranaki because the Awakino Gorge and Mt Messenger are great roads.

Nice bike, one of my mates down here's got one.

finerd
26th July 2004, 17:38
Hey Thanks For the comment guys
There Still might be another Honda Bros 650 for sale at masterton motorcycles
And another one in Palmerston norths ANZA(which i took for a test ride but seemed to be a older verson and not so good condition,although he did lower the price to $3995 and had a nice big exaust)

Its a good bike, Very Compacted together, and could do with bigger fuel tank but im not complaining.Not All that fast but 35 demerit points and a $230 fine later, I now think its fast enough for me.

magnum
1st August 2004, 10:59
hello and welcome :spudwave:

tassle
29th August 2004, 20:28
well done just got my full,at twice your age,wish i had done it years ago, dont worry about your mates, they just dont understand the bike bug, and what they dont understand they mock, cheers ,and welcome.

scumdog
30th August 2004, 09:27
Welcome, good on you getting your 'full' so young!!

where did you get your name from? does it stand for 'Fuel Injected NERD? 'cos that's what sprung to my mind straight away. :killingme :wacko:

Hitcher
30th August 2004, 10:21
Welcome Finerd. Good to see Taranaki people on this site! My old stomping ground and still the source of some of my favourite rides. The Bros 650 is a nice ride. Masterton Motorcycles have still got a very tidy one at a sharp price!

magnum
19th September 2004, 13:10
Welcome along :niceone: Maybe you need to get a few more of those youngs lads to stop wasting their dollars on 'pff' & 'psssffftt' nosies & get their leg over!
i could say something here but i wont :killingme

inlinefour
28th January 2005, 00:03
Welcome and enjoy :banana: