PDA

View Full Version : How to gob-smack a man!

Shazz
23rd December 2006, 14:46
I ride my bike all day, every day, to work, to go grocery shopping etc.
I was at work the other day and had the priviledge to 'overhear' a conversation that I got a good laugh about.

I work in a canteen kitchen and after serving the two men who were in their mid-fifties, they walked away, without realising that I had followed them out.
The conversation went along the lines about "shit that cook in the canteen, rides a bloody big bike aye mate", "what sort of bike", "ah you know one of those ones that looks like a harley but isn't", "what do ya mean looks like a harley, what sort is it", "don't know mate, but it's bloody big in the tank!"
"Oh must be one of those new things that the japs make", "yeah but thing is mate she's only about 50 kgs and this thing is probably 200!" "Shit mate, she must be a pretty hard bitch", "na mate, you talk to her, she's quite normal!"

I couldn't stop laughing, and after I'd calmed down a bit, wondered what he had ment by 'normal!'

He he thought others might get a laugh also!
Typical sterotyping again, me thinks......:mellow:

Meekey_Mouse
23rd December 2006, 19:06
haha great read :rockon:

Sketchy_Racer
23rd December 2006, 19:37
haha.

Biker girls are the best girls out there!!

and the great thing is, they generally arent all catty, which is a nice change

:niceone:

NighthawkNZ
23rd December 2006, 19:48
hahaha... you been classed as normal.... which is werid for a biker chick... which makes you not normal.... errr ok im confused now... mumble mumble

:wacko: :blink:

Lteejay
23rd December 2006, 22:36
:laugh: You probably made their day - whatever they thought

MyGSXF
23rd December 2006, 22:43

you're learning fast young grasshopper...!! :niceone:

MyGSXF
23rd December 2006, 22:45
Way funny Shazz!! :killingme you go gurrrl..! :Punk:

Jen :rockon:

Lissa
24th December 2006, 06:39
Silly Men...... Prop just jealous, biker chicks rock!

blackkatana
24th December 2006, 20:50
Good read Shazz, sounds normal to me. :rockon:

Sketchy_Racer
24th December 2006, 21:42
you're learning fast young grasshopper...!! :niceone:

haha sweet :)

Motig
25th December 2006, 09:13
Geez, I'm sorry to hear that. Normal ! Good Grief next you'll be buying a car!!!!! and wearing those dress thingys:gob:

bkrwench
25th December 2006, 11:42
i also ride every day in all weather, always laugh at the "dont you get wet" comments as if we wash away in a little rain. great fun when i get called sir (if i leave my helmit on) removal results in red faced stuttered apologies.

BIKER BABES RULE.

at the end of the day I dont really care. to quote Satriani
"I just wanna ride"

Shazz
25th December 2006, 20:18
Geez, I'm sorry to hear that. Normal ! Good Grief next you'll be buying a car!!!!! and wearing those dress thingys:gob:

When hell freezers over maybe, hehehehehe.

buellbabe
3rd January 2007, 11:50
hahahahaha...
normal? whats normal?

Coyote
3rd January 2007, 12:18
haha.

and the great thing is, they generally arent all catty, which is a nice change

:niceone:
Don't forget the leather

I don't know many biker chicks sadly, but I know plenty that are keen to learn how to ride the RG, including the one I have the hots for :D

Nicksta
3rd January 2007, 19:46
ROFL..... but we are all normal!!
even today i was buying the latest Superbike magazine and the guy asked if it was for me... i said yes!! its got my bike on the cover.... he got a bit flustered... ;)

sunhuntin
3rd January 2007, 20:36
i also ride every day in all weather, always laugh at the "dont you get wet" comments as if we wash away in a little rain. great fun when i get called sir (if i leave my helmit on) removal results in red faced stuttered apologies.

BIKER BABES RULE.

at the end of the day I dont really care. to quote Satriani
"I just wanna ride"

hell....i get called sir even without the helmet! :gob: even when wearing a tshirt which doesnt exactly hide the built in airbags!

shazz...great tale! LOL. thought i knew ya, but the bike cc is too big.

MidnightMike
3rd January 2007, 20:44
Hahaha, nice, full on stereotyping.

When most think of biker chicks they think of solidly built crew cut lesbo's :dodge:

But we Kb's know better. :yes:

Shazz
4th January 2007, 05:56
shazz...great tale! LOL. thought i knew ya, but the bike cc is too big.[/QUOTE]

Hi...Canadian Bear... where abouts do you hale from?:yes:

Fat Tony
4th January 2007, 06:15
I ride my bike all day, every day... // ... I work in a canteen kitchen and after serving the two men who were in their mid-fifties, they walked away

Probably amazed at you serving up while on your bike ;)

Ivan
4th January 2007, 17:44
haha sweet :)

nice at least your learning

sunhuntin
5th January 2007, 09:16
shazz...great tale! LOL. thought i knew ya, but the bike cc is too big.

Hi...Canadian Bear... where abouts do you hale from?:yes:[/QUOTE]

wangas as well...know a woman called sharon...thought you might be her, but your bike doesnt match with what she rides.

Croft
5th January 2007, 10:12
Good to hear and all RESPECT :Punk: to ya girlfriend!! :yes:

Toaster
5th January 2007, 11:37
Nice bike and great laugh. Go you normal person you!

yungatart
5th January 2007, 12:08
Good story, Shazz. Its funny what people think, eh? Or, should I say, don't think?
Conversation overheard in ladies toilet at Queensgate, between a mother and her daughter, aged about 4..
4 y/o, "Mummy, why is that lady wearing funny clothes?"
Mother, "She's not a lady, she rides a motorbike. Ladies don't ride motorbikes, darling".
WTF????

Str8 Jacket
5th January 2007, 12:12
Good story, Shazz. Its funny what people think, eh? Or, should I say, don't think?
Conversation overheard in ladies toilet at Queensgate, between a mother and her daughter, aged about 4..
4 y/o, "Mummy, why is that lady wearing funny clothes?"
Mother, "She's not a lady, she rides a motorbike. Ladies don't ride motorbikes, darling".
WTF????

Arrgh, why the fuck would anyone want to be a "laaady" how fucken boring! If I were you I would have just had to have said something to her, be even funnier if you scared her shitless while doing so!

yungatart
5th January 2007, 12:15
Arrgh, why the fuck would anyone want to be a "laaady" how fucken boring! If I were you I would have just had to have said something to her, be even funnier if you scared her shitless while doing so!
I smiled sweetly and spoke to the little girl, the mother got one of those looks that said a mouthful, if you know what I mean..

Str8 Jacket
5th January 2007, 12:18
I smiled sweetly and spoke to the little girl, the mother got one of those looks that said a mouthful, if you know what I mean..

Hehe, Im ALWAYS getting those looks! You should have taken it a step further and asked the kid of she wanted to sit on your bike.... That would have been hilarious!

KATWYN
5th January 2007, 19:11
Hehe, Im ALWAYS getting those looks! You should have taken it a step further and asked the kid of she wanted to sit on your bike.... That would have been hilarious!

Yes she would have been blamed for starting the little girls "alternative lifestyleism" :laugh: :rolleyes:

sunhuntin
5th January 2007, 20:23
i pulled up outside the shopping center yesterday...a woman and what im guessing to be her grandson [looked too old to be his mum] had just sat down. i got off and took my helmet off...boy piped up "why is that a woman?" cant remember what grandma said, but as i was trying to jam my lid in the top box, he was asking why i was putting it in there etc etc.
i gave up tryin to fit the lid in, and a little old lady as old as the hills walked up to a scooter next to me and starts rabbiting on about how slow hers must be compared with the others. next to her was an 06 gn...i pointed at it and told her her scooter would be faster.

havent really been met by any bad comments...did get asked heaps while in invers what race i was going in :gob:

ynot slow
7th January 2007, 08:30

cant see any difference between a biker lady asking a child to sit on her bike and the mother letting same child sit on santas knee,at least she has the rego of the bike if any problems,not like you would quickly abscond with the child lol:scooter:

Beemer
7th January 2007, 10:10
I used to ride a racing pushbike to high school, a men's one as the women's ones in those days were crap. I am only little and one day got out to the bike racks to ride home and heard the following "see? I told you that little girl rode that big bike, now pay up!"

When I had the Beemer I used to get "that's a big bike for a little girl" but now I have the Goose they just ask me what it is and spend ages saying how neat it looks and I don't get a look-in!

Nasty
7th January 2007, 10:45
Shazz great story ... really funny seeing how others react to the bikes we ride ... I haven't had too many comments on my wee darling .. but the senior management at work felt totally affirmed when I bought a v twin as that was what they had recommended .. .the fact that it goes like stick and is great to ride has nothing to do with my purchase at all ... :scooter:

KATWYN
7th January 2007, 11:24
I used to get "that's a big bike for a little girl"

I have had that comment as well.

Surely there is a message out there to never underestimate what a female
is capable of.....

Indiana_Jones
8th January 2007, 10:49
Don't forget the leather

I don't know many biker chicks sadly, but I know plenty that are keen to learn how to ride the RG, including the one I have the hots for :D

Shall I dogfight the Cock-blockers while you go in for a bombing run?

-Indy

Coyote
8th January 2007, 13:30
Shall I dogfight the Cock-blockers while you go in for a bombing run?

-Indy
The BT has painted a large target and declared that I should go in

It's a trap!

Edit: Wait, she's a bomber herself! She has me and several of my comrades in her sights!

Draco
8th January 2007, 15:43
I've received many of the comments mentioned since i've been riding bikes. One night my workmates and I were having a deep and meaningful conversation over a beer or 10 too many. We were talking about our purpose in life while we're here. There were the usual "to have children and nuture the future generations" type answers. I piped up and said "my mission in life is to encourage women to challenge the stereotypes of society" Just like this bullshit........

4 y/o, "Mummy, why is that lady wearing funny clothes?" Mother, "She's not a lady, she rides a motorbike. Ladies don't ride motorbikes, darling". WTF????

Oh to have been a fly on the wall in that bookshop Niki LMAO :laugh:

avgas
8th January 2007, 16:02
I couldn't stop laughing, and after I'd calmed down a bit, wondered what he had ment by 'normal!'

As in, not a "Bushpig"
Bushpig' (bu-sha-pig) : Unshaven (even on the back), large, tattoo clad lady, who rides a slashcut hardtail and is always seen returning from either the coromandel and/or king country. Quite frequently reffered to as "mob eater" or "clydesdale" - due to the size and nature of the beast.

oldguy
8th January 2007, 16:37
How to gob-smack a man!:gob:

just show us your tits ,:yes:

Originally Posted by Beemer
I used to get "that's a big bike for a little girl"

I still get ain't you too old for that sort of bike

The Stranger
8th January 2007, 16:49
I have had that comment as well.

What bike was that on?

shafty
8th January 2007, 16:51
Good on ya Shazz!

KATWYN
8th January 2007, 17:43
What bike was that on?

My Yamaha R6. (600cc)

Roj
9th January 2007, 10:22
Hahaha, nice, full on stereotyping.

When most think of biker chicks they think of solidly built crew cut lesbo's :dodge:

But we Kb's know better. :yes:

Hell I better not tell my wife, she doesn't have a car license, got her bike license and bike, decided she didn't need a car after that:scooter:

Storm
9th January 2007, 20:36
When I had the Beemer I used to get "that's a big bike for a little girl" but now I have the Goose they just ask me what it is and spend ages saying how neat it looks and I don't get a look-in!

Well, after all....it is a mighty fine piece of machinery, and those that ride Mr Suzuki's marvels are people of taste and distinction

Beemer
10th January 2007, 13:40
Well, after all....it is a mighty fine piece of machinery, and those that ride Mr Suzuki's marvels are people of taste and distinction

Yes, it is indeed! Just wish the seat was more comfortable...!