PDA

View Full Version : Special announcement!

White trash
24th July 2004, 10:03
It is with regret that I advise that Johann Bruns, defending Vic series F1 and F2 champion is taking a break from racing motorcycles effective immediately.

Allways the "Peoples Hero", Johann has made this very difficult descision after a lot of soul searching and reflection.

He wishes to thank the numerous people who have supported him for the past three years, most notably Tracey Keenan from Total Recycling in Taita, Wellington. Tracey has been, without doubt, Johanns most dedicated sponsor since day one. A top bloke and an avid motorcyclist, I don't think we can thank Tracey enough for getting behind an up and coming racer with a huge level of finnancial and moral support. This is exactly what the sport of motorcycling in NZ needs, more selfless backers, doing it for the love of the sport.

Also, Quay commercials of Wellington have offered a high level of support in recent times as have Xtreme Forwarding. Rick, Sheila and Steve, you are all awesome and we are forever gratefull.

Wellington Motorcycles, who gave Johann a leg up into the competition, are also to be commended. There is very little to be gained by supporting a road racer in NZ other than the fact that you're helping one person achieve their dream. Thankyou.

With a touch of sadness, I finally thank, on the Yo-Shows behalf, every single person who has attended a road race meeting. Without fans and spectators, there would be no racing at all. As Johanns biggest fan for the past three years, it's not easy for me to write these words.

And finally, I'd like to thank, The Peoples Hero, Johann Bruns. Through you, big guy, I have lived out my own dream to race at your level. You have been an inspiration and a "rock" to myself, Lena and our two daughters Eden and Lily. Thankyou for your friendship, your advice and your support.

You are, and will always be, my best mate.

Thanks for reading my ramblings folks, I need a beer.

Ghost Lemur
24th July 2004, 10:27
:'(

And I never had a chance to actually see him race.

Hopefully it's not a permanent haiatis(sp?).

Pass on our best wishes for all for the future. And tell the hero it's about time he got himself on here. :D

FROSTY
24th July 2004, 10:30
awww shit mate sad to hear it.
Still as one door closes another opens. Perhaps its time for the trashman to step up into the limelite and shine

riffer
24th July 2004, 11:01
Shame to hear Johann won't be racing for the immediate future.

I'm sure whatever he decides to do next, if brings the same amount of enthusiasm and talent to it as he did racing, he will have great results.

All the best Johann.

Al
24th July 2004, 11:30
Well written WT, I have never seen Johann race but have read a lot about him in the press.
As one door closes another one opens and we all trust that "JB" will still be involved in some form of motorcycling.

Good on ya, mate

Al
:niceone:

jimbo600
24th July 2004, 17:30
WT a well composed ode to Jo. Bought a tear to my eye mate.

Personally I think that we will all rue Jo's decision to retire from racing as now he will put his 600 on the road and take out his racing urges on us.

Today was good at manfeid, but somehow it just wasn't the same without the Jo show. However, I admire the man's decision. Must have been a hard one to make.

You could pick up where he left of Trash. That way I'd still get cheap tyres.

Two Smoker
24th July 2004, 18:28
Ahh crap, thats no good..... Send my wishes onto Jo's, i was lucky enough to have the pleasure of him passing me a few times at a track day (in the wet) lol..... Wish i could have watched him race more....

Motoracer
25th July 2004, 17:45
The news was a complete shock to me. I do however fully understand his decision.

Good luck and all the best Jo!!

Ms Piggy
26th July 2004, 07:44
Well written WT, I have never seen Johann race but have read a lot about him in the press.

Ditto. I've never seen him race but have heard high praise from many quarters. Sorry I've missed out but hopefully he will be back!

All the best :niceone:

Cajun
26th July 2004, 08:06
good luck to Yohan.

Velox
26th July 2004, 17:02
Yeah - I remember back in the old days (well - last December) up at Wanganui thinking woohoo - some Wgtn lad's taken out the race! So good work Johann! I finally made it up to the Winter Series this weekend and heard the news there. Good luck though and hope it's all going ok.