PDA

View Full Version : Interesting new paint

dangerous
24th July 2004, 21:08
Well I'm not sure if I like it or not, what do you think?http://www.alsacorp.com//xposure_bike.htm

Skyryder
24th July 2004, 22:01
Not for me Dangerous. If you get your bike stolen how do describe the colour. Discoved a paint site some time ago that described a expermental technique. Some kind of nano technology. Not too sure how it worked but you could change colour at the push of a button

Skyryder

finerd
24th July 2004, 22:49
Wow...
Thats um Trippy.

Conversation starter maybe but
Would only be good for telling you if the suns out or not,
Definitely doesnt do anything for me

Jackrat
24th July 2004, 23:35
I like it on larger surfaces.
On a bike it looks a bit camoflage like to me.
Confuse the eyes on an old fart like me an you might get run over :doh:

FzerozeroT
25th July 2004, 00:02
Thats not new, who else remembers the stickers on Transformers, hold your finger on them to warm them up to see if it's an Autobot or Decepticon. Now thats classy, none of this Yu! Gi! Oh! :finger:

NordieBoy
25th July 2004, 09:53
And what colour was the motorcycle that cut you off sir?

Ghost Lemur
25th July 2004, 10:03
I quite like it, although not as much as the Harliquin paint, purple and green just don't look right. If it had turned purple and blue or green and blue it would of been a different story.

Skyrider - got any links on that nano-paint?

moko
25th July 2004, 13:57
There`s a garage down the road that`s been trying to sell some Toyota thing with a friggin great spoiler on the back(Never had a car,not interested enough to look at the badges)that had that paint,dunno about Chameleon but when the sun`s out it looked a right lash-up,very clever I suppose but just looked like someone had badly screwed up the paint job when the sun was out,kind of blotches of different colours all over it.Noticed this week that they`ve re-sprayed it Ferrari red,looks a lot better,wonder if any potential buyers were put off by the weirdo paint job.

Skyryder
25th July 2004, 21:32
Other futuristic visions are self-organizing structures, e.g. "self-healing" or self-cleaning paints. Perhaps it will even be possible one day to change the color of the car’s paint finish as the mood takes you. Two ideas that illustrate the remarkable range of nanotechnology applications awaiting us in the future.

From http://www.germancarfans.com/news.cfm/NewsID/2020404.001/mercedes/1.html

Not the site that I was looking for.

Skyryder

Morepower
25th July 2004, 21:37
:sick:

Paint for people with no imagination , Harliquin paint or similar rarely looks any good on anything other than when used with restraint such as for flames or small bits

My opinion

Dave

Paul in NZ
26th July 2004, 11:00
Cool...

I think I'll paint the Triumph black with special paint that goes blacker as it gets warm or if you look at it from another angle..

Good grief....