PDA

View Full Version : MR's writeup for R4 of Vic Club

Motoracer
26th July 2004, 01:57
We got a good night’s sleep at our kind and very nice host and hostess’s house and headed off to the track at an early 7:30AM!! (early for an Aucklander anyway). The previous day was a minter but it just had to piss down for a short while during the night to make the track wet for us.

We got to the track and did the usual stuff (Unpack into the pits, sign up, gear up etc). Then it was great to meet Johann again. It didn’t take long before he told me the big news about his leave from racing which left me in complete shock.

The morning was freezing cold with the hopeful sun shining from a distance. After briefing, I went to Qualifying. There was no practice on the day since winter days are pretty short. I went in as they opened the gates, following the other well-known racers from around the country. As I entered the track, I could really see how rough the surface was and how poorly it was patched up in places. It was wet and very slippery. I was probably one of the few if not the only one with out tire warmers there, so I definitely couldn’t even think about going fast. Everyone who was behind me for that short while (I was still on my 2nd lap) passed me very fast, like as if I was standing still! So I thought “hang on, my tires maybe ice cold but I sure as hell can do a bit better than this!” So I saw the tail of a guy in front of me and tried to keep him in sight in this very scary and unknown track with the most terrible surface. As I completed my 2nd lap, I braked for turn one, I went into the turn and started going on the throttle gently, then instantly with out any warnings, my front let go and I was on my arse… again! (first bin being in Taupo). Later on I came to know that my front wheel had gone over the slippery cement patches on the track that everyone avoids at all costs specially in the wet. Anywho, I picked up the bike, fired her up after experiencing a bit of hesitation. It was all good except for the engine noise being a hell of a lot louder. I went around slowly for another 2 laps and that was the end of qualifying.

I came in, looked at the bike and really felt like I had let my self down… I did the same thing in Taupo and I really didn’t need to repeat it here but what can you do… be more careful on your first time out? Yes I know… silly me… The bike had a broken brake lever, bent exhaust pipe, the exhaust can was separated from the rest of the pipe cause the rivets had broken off but other than that, the bike only suffered light scrapes on the fairing. nicko advised me on what to get to fix the bike. So off I went to find someone with some rivets, riveting tool and a drill. Svs happened to have a spare new brake lever on him, I borrowed the riveting tool and rivets off some other people and I happened to run into Johann again in the pits. After I told him what happened, he hurried to the bike and did such a brilliant job at fixing it all up very quickly that I was speechless... Johann, you rock man!

During the time the bike was getting fixed, I had missed the chance to qualify for F1 but all that meant was that I’d be starting from the back. I was feeling a bit down at this point and really wanted to go into clubmans if I could. The pace was too quick for me in F2 and I really felt out of place. A quick word of advise from Jo which went something like “Ride hard or give it heaps” made me re-think. I thought, “if he reckons I can do it even if I made an arse out of myself then heck, I’ll give it a go!”

No more mucking around, this was racing time! The conditions were a lot better now. The sun was up high and clouds were nowhere to be seen. The track was almost completely dry. The gate opened again, and we all casually rolled in, some of the guys ahead were doing some wheelstands I think but I was way too scared, nervous and drop nuts to think about anything else other than not binning my bike. We went around for one warm up lap and I still didn’t have a clue about what corners were where or even how many corners there were! Jeez I was lost! Anyway, we came around and lined up on the grid. I could see racers like Hayden Fitzgerald, Karl Morgan, Nick Odermatt to just name a few, right in front of me. That in itself was really cool, to be racing with these guys but at the same time it was nerve wrecking and intimidating.

The green flag was raised and everyone started revving their engines furiously. I popped it in 1st and had no intentions of getting a good start cause I didn’t want to get in the way of any of these guys when I was so lost. The flag dropped and away we went. I went cautiously around turn 1 this time following the guys who were rapidly disappearing ahead of me. I tried my best to remember how the track went or at least the general layout of it this time. I went around cautiously through the turns then hammered out of them to try to gain some ground that I had lost in cornering. After doing my first lap, I noticed that I could keep one bike ahead of me in sight. After that, I did my best to not let him get away. It was a black Ducati 900, he didn’t have much power on the straights but he seemed like he knew what he was doing around corners. This was the best thing that could happen to me to pick up my pace. I followed him and got a general idea about the lines etc around the turns. I decided that I would just keep him in sight for race 1 and learn the track the best I could. On the 4th or 5th lap, going around the “goat track” surface of the hairpin, as WT would have put it, I lost the front again! It slid for nearly 2 seconds, which seemed like an eternity when I was on full lean. I dug deep into the track with my knee slider and pulled the bike up. Luckily that did the trick and I didn’t end up on my arse this time. Around we came for the 6th time and I was relived to get the chequered flag.

After coming into the pits, I had another chat with Johann and nicko, which I found really helpful. We went to check out my times and saw a 1:22. Ok so it was a full 10 secs off the front runner but I saw that my time was actually a sec quicker than the guy on the black Ducati. This was enough of a confidence boost to get rid of that feeling down crap. I was actually felling a lot better now.

I had a bit of a rest then it was time for F1! Just saying that was pretty scary. I mean F1, common; it sounds like there is nothing faster than that! I was sure that I was going to be blown away from the track by the speed of these guys. Anyway, I was still pretty nervous but it wasn’t as bad as the start of race 1. After warm up lap, to my relief, I saw that the guy on the back duke was entering F1 too. At least I knew I wasn’t going to be by myself. The green flag dropped and again we shot off. This time I made sure that I got a good start so I could stay close to the black duke. We went around for a couple of laps and I just stayed behind him. Then I saw 2 bigger bikes up head with a pace not much faster than mine. I then overtook the black duke, and followed these two guys. These guys were on Bandit 1200s and were going through the corners reasonably quick. I was quite happy that my 600 was pulling with the same strength as these 1200s were in the straights. Again, we did our 6 laps and down went the chequered flag. I went and checked my times. I got a 1:18. I had shaved off 4 secs off the last race so I was pretty happy about that. I also found out that the 2 guys ahead of me both managed 1:19s, which gave me even more of a confidence boost.

I did 2 more races in F2 and 2 more in F1. I did learn a lot about the track and about my own bike as well. I managed to have a bit of fun with these 2 guys on the Bandits and I even got some guy on a R6 race bike, which was pretty cool. The fastest I went for the day was 1:17.786. Looks like it’s way off your time WT but I am pretty happy about it for now. I am definitely going to do my best to make it down there for next month of R5 of the Vic Club series.

Somehow I managed to get a total of 32 points for F2 and 32 points for F1 so I am definitely keen on doing every single round of Vic Club for 2004 just to see where I can come at the end of it all. More importantly I want to get more track experience to do all the rounds next year when I really want to be racing competitively (hopefully) for the points.

I have attached 2 race results for the final races. 1 is for F1 and 1 is for F2. My name is Sudeep Giri, if you didn’t already know.

I’d like to say a BIG HUGE thanx to Nick Odermatt, for firstly letting me know about it in time, letting me know about how to enter the race etc, ride in the van to Manfield and back along with all the extremely helpful advises, you'r an awesome guy! Also thanx to Derik and Liona for having us in your home. Derik, you really know how whip a great feed man!

Also, of course there would have been no racing on the day for me if it wasn’t for the efforts of Johann on getting the bike ready in time for the races and also the good advises that you gave me. It’s a sad thing to not have you as a racer in our sport at the moment but I wish you all the best in your future plans, whatever they maybe.

Also, thanx for the brake lever Phil (svs). I’ll PM you about the details. You were looking very good in clubmans as well. You were putting such hard effort into gaining ground from cornering alone but sadly the 650 V twin didn’t have enough grunt to take down the 4s. Hopefully you enjoyed it all the same.

Also thanx to the behind the scene guys, who are my family and my friends who have helped me out a lot with mental support as well as financial and other various favours to make it all possible.

P.S. It was great to see Lynda, Haymish, Mitch, Deano and Jimbo750 again and great to meet you MarkNZ.

andy1
26th July 2004, 03:34
Awesome stuff MR! ;) Excellent write up too!

bluninja
26th July 2004, 04:12
Great write-up MR. Makes me wish I was still back there. I remember the cement patches...and the cheese grater surface of the hairpin none too fondly.

Good luck in R5

SPman
26th July 2004, 05:41
Great stuff MR! You're out there and doing it! You gotta walk before you can run, but your steps are getting bigger every meet.

LB
26th July 2004, 06:23
After doing my first lap, I noticed that I could keep one bike ahead of me in sight. After that, I did my best to not let him get away. It was a black Ducati 900, he didn’t have much power on the straights but he seemed like he knew what he was doing around corners. This was the best thing that could happen to me to pick up my pace. I followed him and got a general idea about the lines etc around the turns. I decided that I would just keep him in sight for race 1 and learn the track the best I could.

I had a bit of a rest then it was time for F1! After warm up lap, to my relief, I saw that the guy on the back duke was entering F1 too. At least I knew I wasn’t going to be by myself. The green flag dropped and again we shot off. This time I made sure that I got a good start so I could stay close to the black duke. We went around for a couple of laps and I just stayed behind him. Then I saw 2 bigger bikes up head with a pace not much faster than mine. I then overtook the black duke, and followed these two guys.

I did 2 more races in F2 and 2 more in F1. I did learn a lot about the track and about my own bike as well. I managed to have a bit of fun with these 2 guys on the Bandits and I even got some guy on a R6 race bike, which was pretty cool. The fastest I went for the day was 1:17.786. Looks like it’s way off your time WT but I am pretty happy about it for now. I am definitely going to do my best to make it down there for next month of R5 of the Vic Club series.

P.S. It was great to see Lynda, Haymish, Mitch, Deano and Jimbo750 again and great to meet you MarkNZ.

It was good to see you again MR.

The guy on the black Duc was Nick Prestidge, from Hawera. His bike is horribly underpowered, but he's a really nice guy who enjoys his racing.

The guy on the R6 was Stewart Rodwell from TSS Motorcycles. He's a nice guy too.

Looking forward to seeing you out there again on the 28th of August.

Overall it was a good day at the track, with lots of KBers present. It was much warmer (or should that be "less cold"?) than I expected, mainly due to the fact that there was no wind. Nice to catch up with you again Hooks, and nice to see you up there Her_b4. I hope you had a safe ride home.

Quasievil
26th July 2004, 07:58
Good On you MR for giving it a go, I decided not to ride down as the roads looked snowed in, I didnt think my new Diablos ice and snow would mix to well. I caught up with the boys at puke instead.
But well done enjoyed the write up :Punk:

Cajun
26th July 2004, 08:04
Good write up MR, and work work.

Bloody good work for a track you didn't know

svs
26th July 2004, 09:26
Excellent write up MR. Good to see you out there getting the lap times down.

I had a pretty good day. As MR said the track was wet cold and slippery for practice/qualifying, and I thought I rode like a nana, but ended up second on the grid. The first race was fun, the track was drying out and there was a lot of grip available. The SV is a pretty nimble bike and I could carry more speed through the corners than the guys ahead on the inline 600's, but being around 35hp down, the SV didn't quite have the legs down the straights and one by one the 600s would come tearing passed 3/4 of the way down the straights. Finished 4th in the first race, less than 10 seconds off the winner. And got my fastest lap - a 1:23.0

Second race, didn't do so well. Got stuck behind brent on his new ZX6R through all the corners - He knew I was there and kept slamming across in front of me each time I tried to get up the inside. I was getting a bit frustrated by the last lap, and tried to get up the inside through the esses, but lost the front and ended up sliding out. After I left the bike, it allegedly hit brent and took him out as well. sorry dude.

Thanks to everyone who helped me straighten the bike out before the last round. A few cool heads who were thinking better than me at that point got everything straightened out. Only things that broke were gear lever and clutch adjuster, everything else was fine. Crash bungs now quite a bit shorter than they used to be, but did their job well.

Last race. a crap start, and dropped back to about 8th. Picked up a few places on the first lap, but I wasn't running quite as fast as earlier in the day, so ended up finishing behind the 600's again.

And thanks for the cool photos jimbo.

NotaGoth
26th July 2004, 09:48
Nice thing to read about on a Monday morning :) Good to hear you got back home all in one piece!!!! Anywho I might ttyl Sudeep. *NeedZ* to be doing some school work for once.

:hug:

Love yah

*Theresa*

Hooks
26th July 2004, 10:15
It was good to see you again MR.

The guy on the black Duc was Nick Prestidge, from Hawera. His bike is horribly underpowered, but he's a really nice guy who enjoys his racing.

The guy on the R6 was Stewart Rodwell from TSS Motorcycles. He's a nice guy too.

Looking forward to seeing you out there again on the 28th of August.

Overall it was a good day at the track, with lots of KBers present. It was much warmer (or should that be "less cold"?) than I expected, mainly due to the fact that there was no wind. Nice to catch up with you again Hooks, and nice to see you up there Her_b4. I hope you had a safe ride home.

Hey all ... it was really good to catch up with you and meet a few faces !! we had good day and the racing was great ....MR you looked better every time you went out .. it won't be too long before you are giving those guys a good old fashioned hurry-up I reckon !!
Shame about the start to the day Deano but if you give them a letter of explanation you never know eh ?? That poxy inspector was shaking like a dog shitting razorblades ... :ar15: maybe he thought we were going to kick the crap outta him or something ... then again it was quite early and I hadn't tidied myself up from the ride down and my kids say I'm bloody scary first thing in the morning .... :yeah:

Hey SVS ...you were really quick thru those esses I think what happened was that the guy in front hadn't seen you coming thru there and turned in on top of you ... all that race you were thru them on such good lines and so quick but they can't have remembered that you were there ... you got them a couple of times as I recall before they dumped on top of ya !! big shame !!

Hopefully the weather is good for the next time you're all down ...

sAsLEX
26th July 2004, 10:29
cool write up MR, so now to the others that were there how about some pics!

FROSTY
26th July 2004, 10:39
Good onya MR -Dude no shame in falling off.-You lost ya virginity early on on both tracks.
And what a bloody huge improvement in times and placings.
Waay cool dude. :rockon:
I wish Ida been there with ya but what the hey Ill be there for the next round

k14
26th July 2004, 10:40
Yeah, good stuff MR. Sorry to hear about the off, but atleast nothing serious was damaged. Can only go up from here.

Zed
26th July 2004, 11:11
You finished in quite respectable positions I reckon MR, well done man. It's great to be able to follow your racing achievements.

You may not know it, but you are an encouragement to us KB road racers! (best kept on the track of course :D )

Zed

Motoracer
26th July 2004, 11:26
Thanx for your nice comments everyone! :)

Firefight
26th July 2004, 15:46
:first: class effort , good one you mate, a great write up, you are living your dream, and doing it well, as Zed said you are an encoragment to us humble road riders, I know I have learnt so much from rides I have had with you. I would also like to thank everyone who has been helping you to live you dream, I know some of those people, so thanks guys, he is worth the effort.
(ps dont forget what I said on the phone MR)

Firefight :crazy:

Motoracer
26th July 2004, 15:50
(ps dont forget what I said on the phone MR)

Do you mean the stuff about you and Mrs F/F? :crazy:

Na, I won't forget it mate! Cheers, thanx for that phone call. :)

Two Smoker
26th July 2004, 16:25
Awesome write up MR, What a awesome recovery too :niceone: your making me want to come to Manfield more and more LOL.....

Youll catch up too Nick in good time :niceone: and im guessing Nick won both F2 and F1????

I had a good time at Puke on Saturday too, i was putting down some 1:20's and 21's hehehe....

Now i have my new Race Carbons ill be faster too, its all about how fast you look :shifty: LOL

Keen as for a ride again, when you get the bike back in shape :niceone:

Two Smoker
26th July 2004, 16:28
My bad, saw that Hayden won F2...... Mate top 8 is awesome for a debut :niceone:

Mitch
26th July 2004, 16:42
Bloody fantastic report Sudeep and really good to see you get down for the meeting, Manfeild is abit bumpy but it shit's all over Puke once you get the hang of it!!!!
Was sorry to see you go down but you crash well and it didn't seem to knock your confidence too much.
Was a brilliant day racing, I arrived at the track and was not very excited about the day to follow which is VERY strange for me. got out there for practise and found my enthusiasm!!!! It was a little damp for practise and I was racing on slicks for the first time (BIG thanks to Gary @ GP Trading in Tauranga for the slicks!!!!!!)
The racing was awesome and the conditions perfect. Once the final race was finished I was abit gutted as I wanted more. My best finish was 6th, that was all good!!!!
Be great to see a few more of you Auckland racers down here for this series as it is put together really well. The Vic club guys that work to get these events running are bloody great guys!!
Darryll, Mel, Steve, jeremy and everyone else who works so damn hard so we can go out and have fun THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Motoracer
26th July 2004, 16:46
I had a good time at Puke on Saturday too, i was putting down some 1:20's and 21's hehehe....

Now i have my new Race Carbons ill be faster too, its all about how fast you look :shifty: LOL

Keen as for a ride again, when you get the bike back in shape :niceone:

Nice work somkey!! :niceone: That is quite and achivement on your bike, well done indeed.

So what is this that I am hearing about you getting a new bike? Did you win lotto in the weekend and now your already getting the K4?? :blink:

How fast you look definetly has it's place I reckon (I am still stuck on getting a hump from K'Rd :p... speedhump that is!). How do the boots feel? When I got them at first it was uncomfertable but now it's all sweet!

I won't be bringing out the GSXR on road rides anymore though, unless if it was a special ocassion. I was quite happy with my race results and I know exactly what I have to do to be where I want to be. So that bike is probably going to be a full time race bike now.

I'll still come on road rides on some other bike though.

Motoracer
26th July 2004, 16:55
Thanx Mitch! Between races, I got the chance to get up to the stands and watch you race. You looked good out there!! Do you use tire warmers btw? I don't think I saw them at your pit area.

P.S. Ofcourse... I forgot to thank the race organisers. Thanx to you lot for a brilliant day of racing!!

Two Smoker
26th July 2004, 16:57
Yep the boots felt wierd at first, but am getting used to them, ive only done about 70kms in them (just around town).....

Well yes everyone im being a complete dumb arse, and buying a K4, should have it by December if my budget goes according to plan.......

Hhhhhhmmmmmm, no gixxer on the road aye???? I definately think it is time to give Nick a call about that MINT bike in his garage at the mo ;) Then some mean battles will be had hehehe......

Oh BTW you missed John and Vladi at Puke too.....

Joni
26th July 2004, 16:58
Thats fantastic MR.... well done!!

nicko
26th July 2004, 16:58
Nice report bro and only too happy to help!

Sterling effort for the first time at the track and good effort getting back on the old horse after crashing. I wish my first go at Manfield was as good as that.

That's tops! :Punk:

Oh and get some bloody tyre warmers would ya! ;)

nicko
26th July 2004, 17:06
Smokey! Shot mate, good luck with getting the K4!

Mitch, wicked starts on Saturday and great results (you doing better without Craig in your way ;) )

SVS - bummer bout the crash but some nice riding all day too - you were definitely making some good corner speed on the SV. Have you exorcised Bluninja's demons since you bought it? ;)

Motoracer
26th July 2004, 17:14
Oh and get some bloody tyre warmers would ya! ;)

They are so bloody dear though!! I am currently researching on making my own ones if I can ATM.

White trash
26th July 2004, 17:17
They are so bloody dear though!! I am currently researching on making my own ones if I can ATM.

Couple of 'Leckie blankets'll do the trick.

Or you could just get yourself a pre '89 shitter like me so we can enjoy some epic battles trackside.

And at the pub.

And on the net.

.....text messaging, the possibilities are endless!

Motoracer
26th July 2004, 17:22
Couple of 'Leckie blankets'll do the trick.

Or you could just get yourself a pre '89 shitter like me so we can enjoy some epic battles trackside.

And at the pub.

And on the net.

.....text messaging, the possibilities are endless!

Yep I was thinking of buying some electric blankets from the warehouse and modifying them into shape, size and temperatures etc

BTW, you can always "borrow" your ex bike from that Weener fella for a nice little thrash at the track couldn't ya?

Two Smoker
26th July 2004, 17:26
Yep I was thinking of buying some electric blankets from the warehouse and modifying them into shape, size and temperatures etc
Geez your sounding more and more like KK :crazy:

Coldkiwi
26th July 2004, 17:30
Good form MR! mate, youy'ev well and truly beaten me to the punch now. I'm dissapointed to hear the gixxer is track bound now although I'm not surprised given how hard you'll be pushing it on the track. Good on you for getting out and about with it beyond Pukekohe too. very impressive.

So... whats it gonna be on the road now then? Am I gonna have to get my lazy butt on the track to pace myself off you am I?

Motoracer
26th July 2004, 17:39
You can still have a battle with me at a track day CK :niceone:

Or if you wanted, you could just do the R5 of Vic Club on your GIXXER. No shit, it's not as difficult as it initially seems. PM me if you wana find out more.

svs
26th July 2004, 19:23
SVS - bummer bout the crash but some nice riding all day too - you were definitely making some good corner speed on the SV. Have you exorcised Bluninja's demons since you bought it? ;)

Nah, thought I'd just take them round for the ride. BTW blu - you did all the right stuff to that bike. I love it.

Ghost Lemur
26th July 2004, 19:27
Good work MR.

Just remember falling is part of the game. Looks like you're doing it right to only walk away with minor damage. Not to mention getting the debut's on each track are being taken care of early.

So when are we going to see you down here at Ruapuna? :D

Motoracer
26th July 2004, 19:42
So when are we going to see you down here at Ruapuna? :D

Not for a wee while but that is only becuase of the lack of funds. I am planning to do all of Vic club rounds for this year, do Wanganui during december and Paeroa next year. I also want to be racing for points next year in either AMCC club races or Vic club races or both (funds dependant).

I am not sure about anything ATM but I'll see as I go along.

Thanx again for the support guys!

Marknz
26th July 2004, 21:27
I am planning to do all of Vic club rounds for this year, do Wanganui during december and Paeroa next year.

Good on ya MR, it was good to meet you on Saturday and see you out there doing your thing on the track. You've certainly been bitten by the bug and I know exactly what that feels like... it's amazing how much it consumes you once it's under your skin.

You might have to check on your eligibility to race at Wanga's and Paeroa... I'm not 100% sure but I "think" you might have to have competed in 6 or more club events before you can enter, but one of the more senior riders on here should be able to put you right. Either way, good luck with it all, and hopefully I'll be able to get out there with you in the near future.

Cheers
Marknz

Kwaka-Kid
26th July 2004, 21:45
Far out! Look at all the posts i had to get thru to get here! But MR what a wicked report dude! Sounds like u really did learn heaps and are bound to have come out all the more skilled! Aint race days just soo fun!!
Also nice work to see you slapped that bitch of a front wheel you seem to have back in place! I also remember the hairpin and that patch was there when i was there man! and i went for a slide across it too - mostly just rear wheel power slide though but that was enough to nearly make me cry!

andy1
26th July 2004, 22:10
Hey MR find out what brand`s are cheap for tyre warmer`s and ill look around here for some. Been out ALL today checking price`s for your suit, but i need to wait until i go up north, things are cheaper up North Japan. Have trust in Me bro.

PS it was fucken 37degrees today :sweatdrop

Racey Rider
26th July 2004, 22:39
I was thinking about yas as I worked all day.
Wish I had been there! :crybaby:

Thanks for the great write up. Look forward to the next one. :niceone:
Racey.

Cajun
27th July 2004, 08:00
Yep the boots felt wierd at first, but am getting used to them, ive only done about 70kms in them (just around town).....

Well yes everyone im being a complete dumb arse, and buying a K4, should have it by December if my budget goes according to plan.......

Hhhhhhmmmmmm, no gixxer on the road aye???? I definately think it is time to give Nick a call about that MINT bike in his garage at the mo ;) Then some mean battles will be had hehehe......

Oh BTW you missed John and Vladi at Puke too.....
Two Smoker you'll love the k4, next time i am around, i might let you have a go on my one, so you know what they go like after they have freed up a bit, my bmc air filter is here ready to put in. my tre is ready to put in.

I love my k4 one of the best motorcycles i have riden in long time.

Motoracer
27th July 2004, 10:11
Hey MR find out what brand`s are cheap for tyre warmer`s and ill look around here for some. Been out ALL today checking price`s for your suit, but i need to wait until i go up north, things are cheaper up North Japan. Have trust in Me bro.

PS it was fucken 37degrees today :sweatdrop

Thanx a million Andrew!! :Punk:

Coldkiwi
27th July 2004, 12:23
You can still have a battle with me at a track day CK :niceone:

Or if you wanted, you could just do the R5 of Vic Club on your GIXXER. No shit, it's not as difficult as it initially seems. PM me if you wana find out more.

yeah, i reckon i better get out there soon or you'll have me beat hands down for track experience!

I need to get at least one more track day done at Puke before i go looking at racing. the track day will also make me get it vaguely race ready with bungs etc... and I'll just have to pray I don't bin it! ( I'll try and be a back of the pack nana and not loose my self control trying to get round people)

Two Smoker
27th July 2004, 16:05
Two Smoker you'll love the k4, next time i am around, i might let you have a go on my one, so you know what they go like after they have freed up a bit, my bmc air filter is here ready to put in. my tre is ready to put in.

I love my k4 one of the best motorcycles i have riden in long time.
Yeah that sounds awesome Cajun :niceone: im keen just to have a look and sit on one. i havnt seen one in the flesh yet except for Johann's..... I generally ride other peoples bikes slowly, as it aint mine lol.... MR's the one that rides it like he stole it lol....

Motoracer
27th July 2004, 16:23
MR's the one that rides it like he stole it lol....

No I don't!! :innocent:

Two Smoker
27th July 2004, 16:29
No I don't!! :innocent:
Well i know i dont :innocent:.........

Motoracer
27th July 2004, 16:48
Well i know i dont :innocent:.........

Oh yea? Well, you did a pretty good job at finishing off my Rennie, the last time you had a go on my bike!

Two Smoker
27th July 2004, 16:57
Oh yea? Well, you did a pretty good job at finishing off my Rennie, the last time you had a go on my bike!
LOL, at the nana pace of 1:12's i dont think so.... maybe it was the rolling burnie infront of my mates :whistle:

Cajun
27th July 2004, 17:06
Yeah that sounds awesome Cajun :niceone: im keen just to have a look and sit on one. i havnt seen one in the flesh yet except for Johann's..... I generally ride other peoples bikes slowly, as it aint mine lol.... MR's the one that rides it like he stole it lol....
Sweet as i let you know TS next time i am floating around i really wanna take it to a track day.

Motoracer
27th July 2004, 17:52
LOL, at the nana pace of 1:12's i dont think so.... maybe it was the rolling burnie infront of my mates :whistle:

Well post up some pics from that day then!! (on the right thread of course) Oh yea, if you got any pics of that model chick, include that as well! ;)

Two Smoker
27th July 2004, 20:35
Well post up some pics from that day then!! (on the right thread of course) Oh yea, if you got any pics of that model chick, include that as well! ;)
I was gutted as about the photo's :( shit camera= shit photo's :(

Ill bring her along next time as well lol..... She's been in a few fashion mags, but other than that ive only got school photo's of her lol

Nah didnt pull a burnie, but popped the wheel a few times coming out of castrol and the hairpin (only like 30-50cm high, in other words fuck all)

Motoracer
27th July 2004, 23:14
I was gutted as about the photo's :( shit camera= shit photo's :(

Ill bring her along next time as well lol..... She's been in a few fashion mags, but other than that ive only got school photo's of her lol

Nah didnt pull a burnie, but popped the wheel a few times coming out of castrol and the hairpin (only like 30-50cm high, in other words fuck all)

How the fuck did you manage that? I have never done it myself while comming out of castrol!

P.S. I hope my race suit comes to NZ in time. Then I'll be looking sexy enough to chat up to your model mate :yeah:

750Y
4th August 2004, 14:44
Excellent read MR, I enjoyed hearing about it. pretty exciting stuff huh.
man You will be a really fast racer in no time. good on ya man! 8-).

Cajun
4th August 2004, 15:10
little slow arn't ya 750Y but thats not new dc:<

Motoracer
4th August 2004, 15:15
Cheers 7 fiddy Wai :)

LOL cheeky Cajunator. When are you gunna do a track day in Pukie anyways?

Cajun
4th August 2004, 15:23
We there is a dry day and i can find someone to come up with, don't really wanna ride up byself race around all day and ride back home byself

Firefight
4th August 2004, 15:47
We there is a dry day and i can find someone to come up with, don't really wanna ride up byself race around all day and ride back home byself

Yeah he might get lost :eek:

guess who :msn-wink: :wacko:

Motoracer
4th August 2004, 15:55
Yeah he might get lost :eek:

guess who :msn-wink: :wacko:

Hey FF, You should go on the track with Cajun one day. You can show him the way around your home ground!

Cajun
4th August 2004, 16:26
Go jump off a tower or something FF

GO view the thread in meetings about wellytrip see if your interested?

Yeah would be good for someone to show me around, since i got no shit show of keeping up with you if you were there, or even two smoker if he was there

Firefight
4th August 2004, 17:11
Go jump off a tower or something FF

GO view the thread in meetings about wellytrip see if your interested?

Yeah would be good for someone to show me around, since i got no shit show of keeping up with you if you were there, or even two smoker if he was there

Yeah keen on welly, can't find a tower to jump off atm, I think you would soon get sick of my pace at puke, then I could follow you around,

F/F

White trash
4th August 2004, 17:16

I'm pretty sure some of the Auckland crew would put you up for the night, Caj'.

Save ya riding there and back in one day.

Firefight
4th August 2004, 17:25
I'm pretty sure some of the Auckland crew would put you up for the night, Caj'.

Save ya riding there and back in one day.

Yeah Neal you can stay at our modest little cottage, less then a minute to puke track, safe lock up for your bike as well.

F/F

Two Smoker
4th August 2004, 17:38
How the fuck did you manage that? I have never done it myself while comming out of castrol!

P.S. I hope my race suit comes to NZ in time. Then I'll be looking sexy enough to chat up to your model mate :yeah:
LMAO, sorry im a bit slow too, and have only just read it, it was on the yellow flag when that ZX10R crashed, so i was nanering around with like no lean going around castrol, then just hammered the throttle hehehe..... Cajun ill come along to the track day just for you mate :niceone:

Cajun
5th August 2004, 07:53
Cheers for that FF

So when is the next puke day that a few kb are gonna be there??

Motoracer
5th August 2004, 09:41
Cheers for that FF

So when is the next puke day that a few kb are gonna be there??

Yep, go here: http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?p=73970#post73970

Cajun
5th August 2004, 10:10
to soon for me dc:<

750Y
5th August 2004, 10:15
little slow arn't ya 750Y but thats not new dc:<
LOL Cajunator, I may be real slow but i look fast which is the main thing.

Cajun
5th August 2004, 10:25
you think its all about style.

we let you believe that

you gonna come out for this run on sunday?

750Y
5th August 2004, 12:06
you think its all about style.

we let you believe that

you gonna come out for this run on sunday?

what else is there to motorcycling (besides looking cool) huh?
can't come this weekend, on my own with my boy. have fun ride safe and most importantly, look good! can i get some bling to go with that?

Motoracer
5th August 2004, 12:15
what else is there to motorcycling (besides looking cool) huh?
can't come this weekend, on my own with my boy. have fun ride safe and most importantly, look good! can i get some bling to go with that?

Bling bling! :cool2:

Cajun
5th August 2004, 12:15
i always look good, yellow bike yellow leathers yellow gloves, me yellow helmet is only for riding around town can't can't get a tint visor for it for 1 month

750Y
5th August 2004, 12:30
LOL N,
oh & cheers for the extra bling there MR, a man can never have enough bling..

Cajun
5th August 2004, 12:44
i'll bling you boy

FROSTY
5th August 2004, 18:20
ok --what the fuck is a bling??? :doh:

Two Smoker
5th August 2004, 18:33
i always look good, yellow bike yellow leathers yellow gloves, me yellow helmet is only for riding around town can't can't get a tint visor for it for 1 month
Man flash..... ive got a beat up bike, rarked up leathers, rarked up gloves and stonechips in my helmet..... i do have flash boots though.....

Cajun
6th August 2004, 08:07
i don't have the flash boots, my boots are like 5 years old now
need some new ones, but parts for the bike come first