PDA

View Full Version : KZ World infamous in wannagui

kickingzebra
28th December 2006, 16:21
What a day!
Was down for christmas anyway, so all was pretty straightforward, till christmas eve when clutch decided to suck the kumara...
Mmm, Kumara!!

Sooo, frantic late night phonecall to Brian Bernard, who came to my rescue, bringing some plates with him on christmas day. Set up tarp on the ground to save some space on impulse, and was later quite glad I did!!

Race day dawned, up bright and early, and into the pits with my great pitcrew/best men ;)

Long story short, I kept overshooting the first turn, and doing massive stoppies into it.
F2 first race, stoppied it in early on, came 18 of 22 (after the restart)
WMCC, my second race, was coming 11th, and picking off motards one by one, then did the same old trick.... Stoppy into the hay bales.
Famous in wanganui, page 2 of the local Chronicle, sprawled on haybales.
Will post a scanning when I get to a scanner.

Funny caption.
Made my day.

Third race F2, same thing again, minus the crash into haybales, and had to be content with a last.

Was basically riding like crap. The street scared me a bit too much, and at the same time I didn't respect it enough, so never thought about my riding, or anything. My expectations on myself were quite high, so was a bit gutted to have the big head bubble popped.

All said and done, I will be back for it next year, got down to low 57s, will annihalate that next year. Hopefully will do team mad prouder at Paeroa.

Though the tone of this is somber, I did have a hell of a lot of fun, and even crashing was great, I rolled off the hay bales, onto my feet to huge applause from the crowd, and then did (pitiful) wheelies to even more applause (nearly hit the haybales on Warehouse corner, un intentionally!!)

Bike escaped with a bit of broken fariing work. Re fibre glassing as we speak, so she'll be better than before by taupo... If they let me race, Forgot me darn MNZ license!! LOL

Muppet moments, but man it was fun!!

Two Smoker
28th December 2006, 17:00
Good stuff mate :niceone: Brake just before the rise on the front straight so the back wheel doesnt come up... (got a couple of photos of me with the rear wheel in the air hehehe)

Kickaha
28th December 2006, 17:22

We were wondering who it was :lol:

k14
28th December 2006, 17:29
Now quasi, ya can't pay for advertising that good can ya?

Mom
28th December 2006, 17:44
What a day!
Stoppy into the hay bales.

Funny caption.
Made my day.

Muppet moments, but man it was fun!!

Jonno any chance of a repeat performance at Paeroa in Feb?........(not) the flying lesson I mean not the racing.........stay in one piece eh?

kickingzebra
28th December 2006, 17:52
No chance of a repeat, re fibreglassing the bit it ripped of, and these fairing things ain't easy!! LOL
Still, I am really hoping for a photo or video action sequence, I hit pretty high!!
I thought it might have been the tyre giving out or somthing, cheers Chris...
Like I say, next year....
You can drive the circuit 30 times, and ride it on a pushie 10 (not that I did that... errr, OK they were looking at me really weird, sideways around the track in a terrano on christmas eve...)
But nothing really prepares like time on the (motor)bike...

mikey
28th December 2006, 18:04
You can drive the circuit 30 times, and ride it on a pushie 10 (not that I did that... errr, OK they were looking at me really weird, sideways around the track in a terrano on christmas eve...)
But nothing really prepares like time on the (motor)bike...
yeh, ill admit to doing a few laps. in the va nthen bit later grabbed drews gsxr1000 an did a few laps, dont no how the litre guys do it, at a very slow pace i was wheeling when i didnt want to, got some evil looks when i hoisted it down the hill past the scrutineers. all good fun. see you there next year.

Titanium
28th December 2006, 18:06
Geez KZ .... you did not go all the way there for a lie down on the job........

You were meant to be racing .......

kickingzebra
28th December 2006, 18:08
I still finished the race, and even unlapped myself, but the marshall held me for a little while, so I couldn't get back up the placings...
Looking at my lap times, I would have been 7th... So a bit gutted, but hey, that is racing, and the funny side outweighs the fact i let my balls drive instead of my brain.

Shaun: Thanks for the words on the grid, they did help me to pick up my game a bit.

Racey Rider
28th December 2006, 19:21
Hey Johno, was it you I talked to before racing started?
I have a funny feeling it wasn't you, after talking to a guy there about how my broken finger was healing thinking that it was you.
He seemed interested,, probably thought 'Who was that Nutter? and whats he telling me for?' as I walked away. Had a Similar bike to yours. :whocares:

Well done with the racing. Next year you'll scare them! :scooter:

Racey

kickingzebra
28th December 2006, 19:27
yes it was me and I did care.

Cleve
28th December 2006, 19:33
Well done Jonno. After I picked myself up off the floor when I saw the photo... Soooooo beautiful with the sign just below your arse "Prohibited area" and there you are having a bloody snooze on it...
Take the "apprentice" off your signature. After Wanganui you are now a true Team MaD racer! I am sure Jill will approve.
See ya at Taupo on the 31st (team)mate.

Colapop
28th December 2006, 19:42
My big plan for next year - get up to Wanganui and at least support you guys. Good job man. Not only to enter but to be so good as to have a lie down then re-join the racing - that's class!

kadams
28th December 2006, 20:01
Well you always did lie down :zzzz: when you were meant to be on the go brother and always were on the go when you were meant to lie down, one of these days I'm sure you'll get it right aye:innocent: Anyway good luck in Taupo on the weekend see you Monday, oh and bring your toolkit, you're doing the oil change on my bike remember :laugh: Hope to get up and watch you next year.
Take care and keep those wheels high :scooter: :first: :Punk:

kiwifruit
28th December 2006, 20:14
loved the stoppies into turn one :D

it looked hardcore, you guys have big balls racing around there

vtec
28th December 2006, 20:21
Honestly Johnno, that pic of you on the bales is priceless. I could only dream of getting such a sweet shot of me. Ten points, I'm getting jealous now that I'm not doing the streets this year. My parents are justifiably worried that I'd nail myself into a curb or something. Next year, though I'll be there.

Nicksta
28th December 2006, 22:17
that is an wesome pic Jono.....
you did well for your first outing on the streets!!
thanks for saving us a spot too.... was cool....
see you next time!

What?
29th December 2006, 05:51
The "Prohibitive Area" is an interesting concept...

skelstar
29th December 2006, 07:27
Good stuff bro. Was good to see the now very familiar zeb-bike hooning around Wangas.

Cleve
29th December 2006, 09:30
The "Prohibitive Area" is an interesting concept...

Ah yes, well spotted. Ha ha. Not a clever look for non bikers having a laugh and saying that we are all dumb buggers who can't spell or have poor vocabulary...